Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2027404 times)

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #10840 on: March 10, 2020, 06:36:25 pm »
It's funny because people use that as an argument against Bobby, when in reality there's not much difference in scoring home and away. The fact Bobby scored 10 or so away and none at home is more of an anomaly than anything to draw conclusions from. Same as a few seasons back when the issue was that Wijnaldum only scored at home. Until he scored away. And then again and we stopped talking about it. If people feel like 10 goals is less than what they expected of him, that's fair, but if they're using the 0 goals scored at home against him, that's just moving goalposts to suit your agenda.
totally agreed, I am just amused at singling out of certain stats without the context of the teams function (& results).

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Andrew Beasley (BassTunedToRed)
« Reply #10841 on: March 10, 2020, 06:56:21 pm »
Re Firmino not scoring at home... Liverpool have had 15 shots at home in the league this season which were valued at at least 0.40 expected goals but were not converted.

Bobby has had seven of them, including four of the top five value-wise. 'He's been in the right place to miss them' as the old cliché goes, he's just having a bad run with finishing (at home), it happens.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he scores tomorrow night.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10842 on: March 10, 2020, 07:22:25 pm »
Re Firmino not scoring at home... Liverpool have had 15 shots at home in the league this season which were valued at at least 0.40 expected goals but were not converted.

Bobby has had seven of them, including four of the top five value-wise. 'He's been in the right place to miss them' as the old cliché goes, he's just having a bad run with finishing (at home), it happens.

His first one at Anfield this season will be the goal that clinches the league I reckon.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10843 on: March 10, 2020, 07:25:00 pm »
His first one at Anfield this season will be the goal that clinches the league I reckon.

Can see him scoring tomorrow actually. Making a lot of the posts in this thread over the past few days seem redundant.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10844 on: March 11, 2020, 07:31:06 am »

He also scored against Man Utd, didn't he? But then it got chalked off by a soft VAR decision.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Andrew Beasley (BassTunedToRed)
« Reply #10845 on: March 11, 2020, 09:48:01 am »
He also scored against Man Utd, didn't he? But then it got chalked off by a soft VAR decision.

True, and that won’t be in the stats either.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10846 on: March 11, 2020, 01:05:25 pm »
I think fans can get over protective.

Firmino himself was worried about the amount of goals that he scores, this is according to Klopp himself. Google it, there are plenty of articles on it

It is ok to rate him and want/expect more goals from him. It's also ok to rate him and not be bothered about his goal return, as long as we are speaking respectfully and remember that he is a Liverpool player.

We are 25 points ahead and have won 22 home goals on the spin so we've not 'needed' the goals but it is better to discuss it now when things are going so great rather than scapegoat him if we were not in the position we are in now.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #10847 on: March 11, 2020, 01:12:50 pm »
True, and that won’t be in the stats either.

Aye. I remember after that game someone moaning he had no shots on target (or very low). Ball in the net with quality but it was ruled out by a fraction due to VAR? Stats act like the shot, the ball going in the net didn't even happen

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #10848 on: March 11, 2020, 01:26:55 pm »

Firmino himself was worried about the amount of goals that he scores, this is according to Klopp himself. Google it, there are plenty of articles on it

It is ok to rate him and want/expect more goals from him. It's also ok to rate him and not be bothered about his goal return, as long as we are speaking respectfully and remember that he is a Liverpool player.

We are 25 points ahead and have won 22 home goals on the spin so we've not 'needed' the goals but it is better to discuss it now when things are going so great rather than scapegoat him if we were not in the position we are in now.

Good post this. Hope the over protective / over sensitive bunch understand it.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #10849 on: March 11, 2020, 01:31:51 pm »
It'll be so Bobby to knock in a last-minute no look goal to win us the league.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10850 on: March 11, 2020, 03:36:35 pm »
Good post this. Hope the over protective / over sensitive bunch understand it.

joking aren't ye?  ;D

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10851 on: March 11, 2020, 03:39:00 pm »
Who mentioned selling?

The poster you said you felt had a good point:

Think this is probably right in general, but I do think there's an argument for replacing Salah and Firmino with Sancho and Werner.

A big part of the reason we've got to this point is because we signed the current front 3 just as they were approaching their prime years. Now, they're all late prime/post prime, which inevitably means their output will start to decrease soon enough.

It's obviously not as easy as replacing like for like, but I certainly don't think I could argue against selling Salah and Firmino for Sancho and Werner (in the unlikely event it happens).

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #10852 on: March 11, 2020, 03:56:12 pm »
Getting a hat-trick tonight, you heard it here first!  :)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10853 on: March 11, 2020, 04:08:24 pm »
The poster you said you felt had a good point:

You also still have the same issue, if you replace those 2 with them, you don't have the same quality on the bench. In any case we won't be selling this lot in the foreseeable future. 

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10854 on: March 11, 2020, 04:15:12 pm »
You also still have the same issue, if you replace those 2 with them, you don't have the same quality on the bench. In any case we won't be selling this lot in the foreseeable future.

Very true.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #10855 on: March 11, 2020, 04:55:54 pm »
FWIW I'd like to see us keep the front 3 and add Werner this summer.

You hope that over the course of the 20/21 season Werner can settle in and show he's at a similar level to the front 3. Then in the summer of 2021 you reasses based on performance/circumstance.

You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #10856 on: March 11, 2020, 05:05:48 pm »
Timo Werner is the German equivalent of Danny Ings.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10857 on: March 11, 2020, 06:10:03 pm »

Yes indeed, according to Klopp himself...

“When people tell me previously Bobby didn’t score for a while I didn’t realise. When I think about Bobby I don’t think about scoring. I think about how important he is.

“We had a bit of a talk because for the first time since I knew him he looked a little bit concerned about that fact,” said Klopp of the player who joined Liverpool from Hoffenheim in June 2015.

“I told him I am not interested in that number because he is the connector for our team. He is so important for us. He is not the only one who can play that position but he can play that position in a very special way.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/27/roberto-firmino-liverpool-goals-jurgen-klopp

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10858 on: March 11, 2020, 06:30:40 pm »
Exactly right from Klopp, he doesn't care because he knows how brilliant and unique Firmino is. Like he will be again tonight :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10859 on: March 11, 2020, 06:45:08 pm »

I’m not majorly arsed how many goals he scores as long as it’s not Diouf levels....but he’s just not been particularly good recently. With Sadio and Mo they can play crap and still score goals to win us games.

Incidentally Werner last night looked far more like competition for Mo and Sadio than for Bobby.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10860 on: March 11, 2020, 07:03:04 pm »
I’m not majorly arsed how many goals he scores as long as it’s not Diouf levels....but he’s just not been particularly good recently. With Sadio and Mo they can play crap and still score goals to win us games.

Incidentally Werner last night looked far more like competition for Mo and Sadio than for Bobby.

You can still play Werner wide for instance and have one of Salah or Mane play centrally to switch things up in certain matches. The good thing about Werner is that he can play in any position in the final 3rd

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #10861 on: March 11, 2020, 07:07:09 pm »
score at Anfield lad! YNWA

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10862 on: March 11, 2020, 07:28:07 pm »
You can still play Werner wide for instance and have one of Salah or Mane play centrally to switch things up in certain matches. The good thing about Werner is that he can play in any position in the final 3rd

I like Werner, he has great stats, but he’s a bit stiff, if that’s the right word to use. Feels like he can be a perfect 4th choice rather than compete with our front three, Salah and Mane are unique and similar to Neymar Mbappe in that extent that they have great technical ability to go with their stats, watching Werner it feels as if he’s missing the genius these aforementioned players have, it’s why I’m pining for Sancho so much because he has it all(maybe a questionable workrate). That’s for another thread though, in regards to Firmino I don’t think his place will ever come under threat until we can replace him with a forward player who can score goals and play make at the same level, incidentally that player is Sancho again.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10863 on: March 11, 2020, 07:35:19 pm »
The reason Werner is mentioned is because we are genuinely interested and linked with him, where as Sancho is a fairy tale.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10864 on: March 11, 2020, 09:59:48 pm »
Bottled the no look.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10865 on: March 11, 2020, 10:01:31 pm »
Someone check on Morgana
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10866 on: March 11, 2020, 10:16:47 pm »
Feel for Bobby.

Deserved to be the winner.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10867 on: March 11, 2020, 10:22:29 pm »
Didn't have his shooting boots before that though.  :(

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #10868 on: March 11, 2020, 10:32:03 pm »
Someone check on Morgana

I'm fine. Just pissed off we didn't take our chances in the first half. We royally fucked up letting this go to extra time. Both Adrian and Firmino responsible for this.

On the bright side, we avoid traveling and sending our players all over Europe during a pandemic.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10869 on: March 11, 2020, 10:33:17 pm »
I'm fine. Just pissed off we didn't take our chances in the first half. We royally fucked up letting this go to extra time. Both Adrian and Firmino responsible for this.

On the bright side, we avoid traveling and sending our players all over Europe during a pandemic.

How is Bobby responsible for Adrian being shit at kicking a ball?

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10870 on: March 11, 2020, 10:33:41 pm »

Firmino responsible? He scored

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #10871 on: March 11, 2020, 10:34:10 pm »
Who were the dicks who said that he should have been subbed at half time?
#JFT97

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10872 on: March 11, 2020, 10:34:11 pm »

No offence mate, but you're a little bit of a twat.

Ok, maybe a little bit of offence.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10873 on: March 11, 2020, 10:34:26 pm »

Someone ban this moron
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline d.arn

• Kopite
« Reply #10874 on: March 11, 2020, 10:35:36 pm »

Bobby scored what should have been the winning goal. That's all a striker needs to do.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10875 on: March 11, 2020, 10:36:09 pm »

Yeah I don't know what he was thinking putting us infront!

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #10876 on: March 11, 2020, 10:39:30 pm »
Someone ban this moron

Obviously we are all emotional. No need to go overboard. Banning me won't change my opinion that we didn't take our chances in the first half.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10877 on: March 11, 2020, 10:46:49 pm »

How is it Adrian's fault that we let this go to extra time?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10878 on: March 11, 2020, 10:47:25 pm »
Obviously we are all emotional. No need to go overboard. Banning me won't change my opinion that we didn't take our chances in the first half.

I’m fine actually. Can just do without idiots wanting to take a pop at one of our most important players with absolutely no justification.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10879 on: March 11, 2020, 10:49:35 pm »
How is it Adrian's fault that we let this go to extra time?
Who's talking about extra time? It's Adrian's fault we lost this game. But why does this even make it in a Firmino's thread?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."