Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 538153 times)

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Yet another mass shooting in America.
« Reply #560 on: June 23, 2016, 07:27:31 pm »
100 or so gun law bills all kicked into touch in a year by NRA dickheads.

Well done democrats for todays sit in.

You've given me hope.

The Democrats Are Boldly Fighting For a Bad, Stupid Bill

After Democrats in the Senate staged a filibuster in support of gun control measures, their colleagues in the House have begun a “sit-in” aimed at embarrassing Republicans into allowing a vote on a measure that would restrict the ability of suspected terrorists to legally buy guns. The move is fantastic political theater. It’s also a tremendous waste of popular support and activist energy in support of a measure that isn’t just ineffective but also actively offensive.

The Democratic proposal has been catch-phrased and hashtagged as “no fly, no buy,” because it would prevent people who end up on government terrorism watchlists, including the “no fly list,” from purchasing firearms. This would do little to reduce gun violence, but it would add an additional layer of surveillance and government scrutiny to a particular class of people.

That certainly sounds like a solid principle on which to take a stand—terrorists shouldn’t have AR-15s! Meanwhile, most gun deaths in the United States are not caused by suspected terrorists armed with military-style semi-automatic rifles. The vast majority of gun deaths—suicides as well as homicides—are caused by handguns, and the majority of people firing those guns are not suspected terrorists (which invariably refers, in contemporary discourse, to Muslims, and no other groups or individuals dedicated to political violence).

The no-fly list is a civil rights disaster by every conceivable standard. It is secret, it disproportionately affects Arab-Americans, it is error-prone, there is no due process or effective recourse for people placed on the list, and it constantly and relentlessly expands. As of 2014, the government had a master watchlist of 680,000 people, forty percent of whom had “no recognized terrorist group affiliation.” This is both an absurdly large number of people to arbitrarily target in gun control legislation, and far, far too few to have any meaningful effect on actual gun ownership, let alone gun violence.

Perhaps such a bill makes political sense as a sort of desperate attempt to get something through a conservative-dominated Congress. But if it is, as it appears to be, more of an effort to highlight the unpopular extremism of Republicans on gun issues, it is a stupid and counterproductive hill to theatrically die on. Almost any popular and previously debated gun control measure would have made a better symbolic lost cause. Democrats could be staging a sit-in in support of universal background checks* and waiting periods, nationally standard gun licensing and training requirements, and tougher restrictions on where and how guns are sold. All of those, or even any one of those, would have been more defensible both politically and morally. Instead House Democrats are going to the mat for a shitty, racist, useless bill.

Since the San Bernardino shootings (or even before), an easy, cynical predication has been that the only form of gun control with a realistic shot of being enacted in the near future would be measures that would ban only Muslims from purchasing guns. As is too often the case, Democrats seem determined to prove cynics right.

[Correction: Expanded background checks are indeed a measure Democrats are currently demanding a vote on.]

http://gawker.com/the-democrats-are-boldly-fighting-for-a-bad-stupid-bil-1782449026
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #561 on: June 23, 2016, 07:39:10 pm »
it would be a start, what about the other 99 bills any independent reports on them or are they all gonna be written by NRA man card carrying, tiny penis, fantasy world dreaming, dickheads?

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: June 23, 2016, 07:49:11 pm »
it would be a start

I keep reading this here. It warms the heart to know that people can be so casual with the civil rights of Arab-Americans, as if their civil rights are an acceptable price to pay to feel good about gun control. In reality, this bill will not curb gun violence, it's not a start, rather it's the betrayal of liberal values. No offence intended, but would you be so casual with giving up these civil rights if it was your race that was disproportionately profiled on these government watchlists?
---Rilke

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
  • At The End Of The Storm - Are we there yet??
« Reply #563 on: June 23, 2016, 07:57:57 pm »
They are disproportionately tracked on the no-fly list compared to other groups.

Disproportionate when compared to the number of plane hijackings, bombings, and attempted bombings of other groups? Maybe there is a reason people are  tracked that has more to do with their actions rather than their religion or race.
5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: June 23, 2016, 08:04:18 pm »
In reality, this bill will not curb gun violence.

It would have gone a long way to preventing or at least making the Orlando massacre more difficult to achieve. At the end of the day that is all any law does

but would you be so casual with giving up these civil rights if it was your race that was disproportionately profiled on these government watchlists?

Any gun control infringes on all Americans citizens civil rights that is why many Americans are against gun control laws, they are considered un constitutional. And to answer your question yes I would be completely ok with giving up my civil rights if my race was as you claim disproportionately profiled because I would be happy to see fewer massacres and I believe increasing gun restrictions is a positive step towards that goal.
5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: June 23, 2016, 08:10:29 pm »
It would have gone a long way to preventing or at least making the Orlando massacre more difficult to achieve. At the end of the day that is all any law does

Any gun control infringes on all Americans citizens civil rights that is why many Americans are against gun control laws, they are considered un constitutional. And to answer your question yes I would be completely ok with giving up my civil rights if my race was as you claim disproportionately profiled because I would be happy to see fewer massacres and I believe increasing gun restrictions is a positive step towards that goal.

If you read my previous posts you'll see I'm in favour of gun control. I'm not in favour of racist legislation that thinks muslims are the problem. The Orlando incident was tragic and hopefully some legislation will be passed so that nobody, muslim or otherwise, can get their hands on guns. However, it was a mass shooting and such mass shootings make up only 2% of gun related homicides in the US. There is a larger problem here and focusing on the easy solution of the politically expendable Arab-American community is cowardly, unproductive and racist.
---Rilke

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: June 23, 2016, 08:12:31 pm »
If a country has placed someone on it's no fly list because they deem them un safe to fly why would you consider giving that person the right to purchase and legally own a firearm.
5th times a charm

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: June 23, 2016, 08:15:05 pm »
If a country has placed someone on it's no fly list because they deem them un safe to fly why would you consider giving that person the right to purchase and legally own a firearm.

From the article I posted above:

"The no-fly list is a civil rights disaster by every conceivable standard. It is secret, it disproportionately affects Arab-Americans, it is error-prone, there is no due process or effective recourse for people placed on the list, and it constantly and relentlessly expands. As of 2014, the government had a master watchlist of 680,000 people, forty percent of whom had “no recognized terrorist group affiliation.” This is both an absurdly large number of people to arbitrarily target in gun control legislation, and far, far too few to have any meaningful effect on actual gun ownership, let alone gun violence."
---Rilke

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #568 on: June 23, 2016, 08:15:53 pm »
And there in lies the insanity of the American gun laws, the right to bear arms and its whole concept of what is and isn't sound political leadership.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: June 23, 2016, 08:34:16 pm »
From the article I posted above:

"It is secret, it disproportionately affects Arab-Americans, it is error-prone, there is no due process or effective recourse for people placed on the list, and it constantly and relentlessly expands. As of 2014, the government had a master watchlist of 680,000 people, forty percent of whom had “no recognized terrorist group affiliation.” This is both an absurdly large number of people to arbitrarily target in gun control legislation, and far, far too few to have any meaningful effect on actual gun ownership, let alone gun violence."

So the article states the no fly list is secret and yet then goes on to make statements about the number of people on the list who have no terrorist affiliation??????

The article you quote is obviously someone's opinion.

The term disproportionate which is debatable because apparently the list is secret. Is the list disproportionate to the number of people who have bombed, hijacked and attempted to bomb commercial planes in the past 50 years.
5th times a charm

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #570 on: June 23, 2016, 08:51:28 pm »
It is secret

Not that secret is it.  If you think about it.  Logically. 

Because the second amendment, the civil right to lick guns, comes above the right to life.  Obviously. 

I honestly can't think of many things i wouldnt give up to prevent another fucking school of 5 year old getting shot to shit and knowing the absolute fucking horror those parents faced in the immediate aftermath, utter hell. 

However, their gun problem isn't in my hands, all i can do here is offer reason, here in Britain, and most of Europe, AR15's aren't available, nor most guns, thankfuck, and somehow we don't feel our civil liberties are being crushed by nanny state, it's just common sense. 

The majority of our nationwide police don't carry guns, imagine it. It's our reality.
The vast majority of bad guys don't have guns, imagine it.  It's our reality. 

The fantasy man, saving us all from zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, mental terrorist, the scary big bear that couldnt possibly be fended off with an airhorn, isn't gonna be you, it's a fantasy.   Give it up.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: June 23, 2016, 09:24:59 pm »
Not that secret is it.  If you think about it.  Logically. 

You know what they mean. It's secret insofar as nobody is aware of being placed on such a list until they turn up at an airport and refused service. Nobody is given a chance to defend themselves in court with a lawyer but have to go through a Kafkaesque process of getting themselves off the list. It's secret insofar as the general public are not aware of who is on the list and why they were placed there and who it was that placed them there out of all the myriad security agencies that are involved in this industry.
---Rilke

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: June 23, 2016, 09:28:10 pm »
So the article states the no fly list is secret and yet then goes on to make statements about the number of people on the list who have no terrorist affiliation??????

The article you quote is obviously someone's opinion.

The term disproportionate which is debatable because apparently the list is secret. Is the list disproportionate to the number of people who have bombed, hijacked and attempted to bomb commercial planes in the past 50 years.

So what you're saying is that a brown-skinned man with a muslim name that has never committed a crime should just suck up being placed on such a draconian list because other people of their skin color may have previously committed some crimes. This is the very definition of racial profiling and collective punishment. And, that figure of 40% of the no-fly list having "no recognized terrorist group affiliation" is not somebody's opinion - that's a fact: https://www.aclu.org/blog/numbers-tell-story-our-governments-watchlisting-binge
---Rilke

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: June 23, 2016, 09:37:00 pm »
So what you're saying is that a brown-skinned man with a muslim name that has never committed a crime should just suck up being placed on such a draconian list because other people of their skin color may have previously committed some crimes. This is the very definition of racial profiling and collective punishment. And, that figure of 40% of the no-fly list having "no recognized terrorist group affiliation" is not somebody's opinion - that's a fact: https://www.aclu.org/blog/numbers-tell-story-our-governments-watchlisting-binge

Some great points well made. Though, I fear part of the reason why we have this problem is the staunch refusal of many so-called liberals to actually recognise that terrorist acts are currently overwhelmingly committed by people from one particular ideological background. The only way a no-fly list can be justified from a liberal pov is if it were completely fair and if such a list was unlikely to result in one ethnicity/religious background becoming disproportionately targeted. But that is the reality. The no-fly list is by no means a fair list and simply using names as they appear to do rather than more sophisticated methods of profiling people is a sure-fire way to disproportionately target people from an ethno-cultural background that are totally innocent.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #574 on: June 23, 2016, 09:46:24 pm »

The Democrats Are Boldly Fighting For a Bad, Stupid Bill

After Democrats in the Senate staged a filibuster in support of gun control measures, their colleagues in the House have begun a “sit-in” aimed at embarrassing Republicans into allowing a vote on a measure that would restrict the ability of suspected terrorists to legally buy guns. The move is fantastic political theater.

This is true but the rest of the article is correct too, as were you when first brought up the point. It's a cheap, ugly bill designed to embarrass Republicans, which is nice, and dismissive to a huge bunch of people, which is not. The Senate is becoming an even bigger stinkhole than the House. Where's Bernie Sanders with twin flamethrowers when you need him?

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: June 23, 2016, 10:45:06 pm »
So what you're saying is that a brown-skinned man with a muslim name that has never committed a crime

Putting words in peoples mouths and you expect to be taken seriously. Were not gong to agree and this is not my point but your so called facts are very suspect and actually a miss understanding of what your source quotes.

And, that figure of 40% of the no-fly list having "no recognized terrorist group affiliation" is not somebody's opinion - that's a fact: https://www.aclu.org/blog/numbers-tell-story-our-governments-watchlisting-binge

You use a study by the ACLU which in it's self negates serious recognition due to their incredibly poor record of letting their agenda get in the way of facts.

The report does not state what creed, race or religious affiliation those on the no fly list hold. So this "source" adds little to the conversation except for trying too shoe horn an unrelated study on Dearborn Michigan. There are no facts within the page you posted that provides any proof that racial profiling exists and is currently "disproportionately" impacting the no fly list. I could reiterate my earlier thoughts on the term disproportionate but lets move on.

The ACLU report states "People can be listed as "suspected" terrorists not because of any wrongdoing but because of "unwitting" associations with someone else the government deems suspect."

The ACLU report deems 40% as potentially "unwitting" in it's assertion and not guilty of "wrong doing". What does unwitting and wrong doing mean? Obviously it's someone's opinion and that someone just happens to be a the ACLU.
Well lets use the wife of the Orlando man who massacred 49 people last week. The same wife who accompanied her husband to the nightclub prior to the shooting, to the store where the guns where purchased and to other sites which are being considered as potential targets. The wife had no recognized terrorist group affiliation and maybe she was "unwitting" she certainly does not seem to have been convicted or accused of any "wrong doing". Does that mean the US government had no reason to consider her a threat.

You asked if I felt an increase in gun legislation should be given the green light if it "disproportionately" impacted my creed. Again the answer is yes.  Nikki stated above "I honestly can't think of many things i wouldnt give up to prevent another fucking school of 5 year old getting shot to shit and knowing the absolute fucking horror those parents faced in the immediate aftermath, utter hell."

The same can be said for the parents of the Orlando victims. If it means my kids can live in a society where one of these tragedies can be prevented by increased gun legislation then bring it on even if my civil liberties are infringed upon. Again any increased gun legislation will infringe on all Americans civil liberties by definition.

I stand by my belief that your source is an opinion piece and the facts presented in it do not add up to your claim that brown people are considered less worthy of flying. All this information was also presented in a shoddily presented piece by the ACLU. 

Corky you claim the bill was cheap and ugly. If this bill would have already been in place and would have helped prevent the Orlando massacre would you still consider it cheap and ugly?

In order to be placed on the no fly list an individual would have to met certain criteria. A person who is on the list can be removed if they are able to prove they are simply an unwitting victim and they do not meet the set criteria. If they cannot prove this then maybe they should remain on the no fly list and maybe they should not be allowed to purchase and legally own a firearm.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:47:48 pm by A Day 2 Remember »
5th times a charm

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #576 on: June 23, 2016, 10:51:26 pm »
Corky you claim the bill was cheap and ugly. If this bill would have already been in place and would have helped prevent the Orlando massacre would you still consider it cheap and ugly?

I don't know. Is Spiderman involved? I think that could make a difference.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: June 23, 2016, 10:52:47 pm »
Some great points well made. Though, I fear part of the reason why we have this problem is the staunch refusal of many so-called liberals to actually recognise that terrorist acts are currently overwhelmingly committed by people from one particular ideological background. The only way a no-fly list can be justified from a liberal pov is if it were completely fair and if such a list was unlikely to result in one ethnicity/religious background becoming disproportionately targeted. But that is the reality. The no-fly list is by no means a fair list and simply using names as they appear to do rather than more sophisticated methods of profiling people is a sure-fire way to disproportionately target people from an ethno-cultural background that are totally innocent.
Which ideological background ? Have you a link to show how overwhelming this particular ideology is when compared with other ideologies in the US ?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: June 23, 2016, 11:37:39 pm »
Which ideological background ? Have you a link to show how overwhelming this particular ideology is when compared with other ideologies in the US ?

Islamism. Or more broadly 'religious extremism'. Here is one of many reports,

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/nov/18/religious-extremism-main-cause-of-terrorism-according-to-report
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: June 24, 2016, 12:28:54 am »
I don't know. Is Spiderman involved? I think that could make a difference.
Yes one of the victims was wearing Spider-Man  underwear.
5th times a charm

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: June 24, 2016, 01:49:51 am »
Islamism. Or more broadly 'religious extremism'. Here is one of many reports,

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/nov/18/religious-extremism-main-cause-of-terrorism-according-to-report
I knew who you meant really I'm just wondering why you didn't say it :) 

So Islamist terrorism is the biggest threat in Syria, Iraq and Afgan but which ideology is overwhelming the US ? I'd of guessed Racism over the long term but I'm not certain.  The UN secretary general describes Terrorism :
"intended to cause death or serious bodily harm to civilians or non-combatants with the purpose of intimidating a population or compelling a government or an international organization to do or abstain from doing any act".
Would you include "The Bloods and The Crips and the KKK" for example or are the Black Eyed Peas talking shit ?
Are those anti government militia's and various white power groups more prevalent and relevant to US domestic terror laws ? 

Offline HumanRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #581 on: June 27, 2016, 06:40:55 am »

That's not true. Or at the very least it's debatable. I've heard stats as low as only 2% of terrorist attacks are carried out by Muslim terrorists.

One fascinating issue that is coming out of the profiling and gun-law discussions over there is that minority groups are only profiled negatively.

Statistically, white American males are the most likely demographic to carry out a mass shooting in America. Profiling is not consistently applied and that's due to prejudice.

I think the media would be having avery different discussion if it was Muslim, Mexican or black males.

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #582 on: June 27, 2016, 05:00:33 pm »
Well in the interests of equality let's take the guns away from everybody.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: July 6, 2016, 11:39:09 pm »
Another black guy murdered by the police in cold blood. What goes through their heads, far too many people happy to take another's life at a moment's notice.

Graphic video in tweet

https://twitter.com/garychambersjr/status/750796978884218880
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: July 7, 2016, 08:53:59 am »
Another black guy murdered by the police in cold blood. What goes through their heads, far too many people happy to take another's life at a moment's notice.

Graphic video in tweet

Another one in Minnesota today. Sickening video of the man's girlfriend filming the aftermath with her 4 year old daughter in the car. The guy told the officer he had a licensed firearm and the cop shot him 4 times in the hand and he bled out.

As if things couldn't get any worse, they took the woman into custody. Thankfully she got all of it on video, hopefully some action is taken for this cold blooded murder.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #585 on: July 7, 2016, 08:58:47 am »

Graphic video in tweet

That is an absolute disgrace.

Those coppers should be locked away for life for that. As the tweet says it's cold blooded murder. He was on the floor with two of them on top of him. Disgusting.
20 and 7

Offline ColdSteel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #586 on: July 7, 2016, 09:52:38 pm »
Police will get off. They can shot you for legally carrying a weapon and for thinking their life is at risk but you use it on them thinking your life is at risk and you're done. I'm for binning all the weapons.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: July 7, 2016, 10:29:21 pm »
Another one in Minnesota today. Sickening video of the man's girlfriend filming the aftermath with her 4 year old daughter in the car. The guy told the officer he had a licensed firearm and the cop shot him 4 times in the hand and he bled out.

As if things couldn't get any worse, they took the woman into custody. Thankfully she got all of it on video, hopefully some action is taken for this cold blooded murder.

It's messed up.  Apparantly his girlfriend was locked in a cell overnight too.  What a disgusting way to operate!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #588 on: July 7, 2016, 10:32:06 pm »

Graphic video in tweet

All we're missing is a Trump tweet supporting the police's actions.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: July 7, 2016, 11:57:32 pm »
Horrendous how they just end two people's lives like that without a second thought

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: July 8, 2016, 12:23:12 am »
Disgusting. Fucking animals.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: July 8, 2016, 12:27:36 am »

Just watched that, its among the 'most watched in the uk' videos on youtube. Murdering scumbag.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: July 8, 2016, 03:25:39 am »
At least 2 officers shot at a massive anti police brutality rally in downtown Dallas in the last 20 or so minutes.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: July 8, 2016, 04:34:52 am »
Dallas Police Chief just confirmed 3 police are dead, 3 are critical and 2 are in surgery. 2 snipers on the rooftop at the rally, still haven't been caught.

Time for bed.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2016, 04:32:13 pm by Lone Star Red »

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #595 on: July 8, 2016, 04:38:06 am »
2 snipers from elevated positions according to reports.

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: July 8, 2016, 05:40:53 am »
4 officers confirmed dead now, 1 suspect cornered, apparently negotiations ongoing...

smfh

Edit***

One alleged suspect in custody, bomb squads dealing with package found near his location.  Still searching for other suspects.

1 civilian and 11 officers shot, 4 officers confirmed killed.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2016, 06:33:07 am by The Red Dojo »

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: July 8, 2016, 06:06:45 am »
I am just lost for words, hope, and truly sickened.

All I can say is rest in peace to the innocent lives lost, those with and without a badge.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: July 8, 2016, 06:37:19 am »
FAA says temporary flight restriction order issued over downtown Dallas.

Dallas police chief says negotiations under way with shooting suspect holed up in parking garage; suspect not being cooperative.  Gunfire still being exchanged.  Suspect has apparently said there are bombs all over downtown Dallas.

1 civilian and 11 officers shot, 4 officers confirmed killed.  Apparently a few officers critical and in surgery, hope the figures don't rise...
« Last Edit: July 8, 2016, 06:41:06 am by The Red Dojo »

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: July 8, 2016, 06:57:25 am »
I am just lost for words, hope, and truly sickened.

All I can say is rest in peace to the innocent lives lost, those with and without a badge.

I'm sorry for the lives lost.

But if you've got the badge on, you aren't innocent by any means, you're a part of the organization of oppressors. Whether actively taking part in it or turning a blind eye to the ongoings of others. Far too little gets spoken out or said by cops against cops because of the backlash associated with doing it.

This sense of a separate set of rules or accountability towards cops in North America HAS to go, it's way too dangerous for the marginalized populations being threatened continuously from it.

[mod note - this post has been reported multiple times, and personally I agree, but as it has sparked discussion in the topic, we have not deleted it. This does not mean we condone these comments. SP]
« Last Edit: July 8, 2016, 11:18:56 am by SP »