Author Topic: The Nathaniel Clyne Experience  (Read 216698 times)

Offline West Cork Red

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Nathaniel Clyne Experience
« Reply #1480 on: July 11, 2019, 07:57:49 pm »
He must have been on RAWK today to read all the negative comments about himself and decided to chip in with a goal ;D

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1481 on: July 22, 2019, 07:44:30 pm »
For the sake of the small fee we'd get, we may aswell keep him around as a back up for both full back positions for the season.

Offline great power rising

• Main Stander
« Reply #1482 on: July 22, 2019, 08:57:41 pm »
he would be good back up. Is there any real need to let him go?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: July 22, 2019, 08:58:44 pm »
If he wants to go then obviously yes

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1484 on: July 22, 2019, 09:01:21 pm »

Doesn’t remotely suit how we play. Makes just as much sense to sell for £10 million odd, save £70k a week too and use Gomez and Hoever as back up so in a year we’ve got an 18 year old with a season under his belt.

He won’t get in the squad most games, since we’ve got Gomez who can cover across the back four
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1485 on: July 22, 2019, 09:16:36 pm »
Doesn’t remotely suit how we play. Makes just as much sense to sell for £10 million odd, save £70k a week too and use Gomez and Hoever as back up so in a year we’ve got an 18 year old with a season under his belt.

He won’t get in the squad most games, since we’ve got Gomez who can cover across the back four

That's if Gomez stays fit though and even then is going to be needed in the middle.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1486 on: July 22, 2019, 09:27:49 pm »
That's if Gomez stays fit though and even then is going to be needed in the middle.

Yeah good point  :) Clyne of course who has never missed much football due to injuries, right?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1487 on: July 22, 2019, 09:49:19 pm »
I'm still shocked we challenged for the title till the last kick of the season and won the 6th without Clyne

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1488 on: July 22, 2019, 10:00:17 pm »
I'm still shocked we challenged for the title till the last kick of the season and won the 6th without Clyne

Most stuff I can get my head around, just.

But Clyne, it’s just bizarre. Played once last season, against an appalling United side. Has missed huge chunks of games with injury. When he was fit before TAA broke through he was a weak link in the side. He was a good solid PL right back for a time, which is fine. I think he’s dropped a level since then and been surpassed by someone like Trent who really shows how influential a RB can be.

And people talk about needing to replace him, or keeping him around for depth. Him and Moreno played a combined couple of games last season, they’re exactly the sort of position you can use youngsters for depth. It’s where a lot of youngsters have got their break through, even Stevie.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1489 on: July 22, 2019, 10:47:29 pm »
Most stuff I can get my head around, just.

But Clyne, it’s just bizarre. Played once last season, against an appalling United side. Has missed huge chunks of games with injury. When he was fit before TAA broke through he was a weak link in the side. He was a good solid PL right back for a time, which is fine. I think he’s dropped a level since then and been surpassed by someone like Trent who really shows how influential a RB can be.

And people talk about needing to replace him, or keeping him around for depth. Him and Moreno played a combined couple of games last season, they’re exactly the sort of position you can use youngsters for depth. It’s where a lot of youngsters have got their break through, even Stevie.

I remember in Klopp's early days there were rumours that he didn't fancy Clyne. Maybe he kept him and didn't get another right back in because he knew that TAA was coming. Just a guess.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1491 on: June 25, 2020, 03:42:20 pm »
All the best to him.

Probably would have the league wrapped by now if he’d been fit enough to play and wasn’t loaned out last season
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1492 on: June 25, 2020, 03:43:35 pm »
;D

Good player when Klopp arrived and it’s not even been noticeable that he’s not really played for three years. A nice indicator of how far we’ve come. Hope he does alright wherever he ends up.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1493 on: June 25, 2020, 03:51:05 pm »
Shame about the injuries but a solid player.

Good luck to him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1494 on: June 25, 2020, 03:57:32 pm »
Good luck to him

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1495 on: June 25, 2020, 03:57:50 pm »
Even if he’d stayed fit, we’d just totally moved on from him. Unfortunately for the guy.

Can still do a steady job for someone (as that one game against United showed) if he can get a bit of luck on the injury front. That said, given the circumstances I can’t see many looking at his wages and thinking it’d be good business. If they stay up, it smacks of a West Ham signing.
AHA!

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #1496 on: June 25, 2020, 03:59:31 pm »
Should never have sent him on loan...

In all seriousness good luck to him. Was always a decent player
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #1497 on: June 25, 2020, 04:27:36 pm »
One of the best players when Klopp arrived. Always have a solid performance until his injury. I hope he finds himself a good club!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: June 25, 2020, 04:47:02 pm »
Goood luck clyne, bad timing injury wise that however did work out for us and trent

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #1499 on: June 25, 2020, 04:52:00 pm »
Cheers Clyne, would have loved to see you play more for the club but.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1500 on: June 25, 2020, 05:05:47 pm »
Good luck Nathaniel.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1501 on: June 25, 2020, 05:06:51 pm »
How old is he now? Shouldn't have any trouble finding a club

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1502 on: June 25, 2020, 05:23:14 pm »
Good luck to him

Decent servant to the club who was robbed with injury but the fella who came in isn’t too bad!

Hope he gets a decent club.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #1503 on: June 25, 2020, 05:23:26 pm »
"On 21 May 2017, Nathaniel Clyne played in Liverpool’s 3-0 home win over Middlesbrough. That victory marked a turning point in Jürgen Klopp’s tenure. Liverpool’s manager had been under considerable pressure having seen the club fall from first place in November to fifth by the end of February, but ten points from their final four league games secured a second Champions League campaign in eight years.

It was significant for Clyne too. Appearing in every minute of Liverpool’s final four matches – all clean sheets – meant he had played more league minutes than any other Liverpool player that season. The Reds were on the up; he was a key starter.

Nine days later, Clyne withdraw from England’s squad to face Scotland and France in June. Kyle Walker’s form meant that Clyne was not certain to start either game, but he was a guaranteed squad pick. Gareth Southgate revealed that Clyne had been carrying an injury for some time. He had played through the pain to help Liverpool when they needed him most."

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/the-sad-decline-of-nathaniel-clyne-the-forgotten-man-in-liverpools-rise-341016

Much respect to him. Riddled by injuries during his prime years. We will never know how good he could have been.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1504 on: June 25, 2020, 05:26:09 pm »
A fine servant for the club. Deserves one more PL team run

Whats his current injury status though? Is he allowed to sign for a club and play straight away or will a new club continue his rehab?

If his rehab isn't complete then who's responsibility is it to continue it?

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: June 25, 2020, 05:48:28 pm »
All the best Clyney, you’ll always have a career in reality tv shows to fall back on.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #1506 on: June 26, 2020, 08:54:58 am »
Can't  believe we're letting Clyne go, just dependent on a couple of teen rightbacks now. Can't  win anything like that, I fear.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1507 on: June 27, 2020, 01:59:40 pm »
Wish we could have found a way to keep him round until the end of the season so that he could have enjoyed the title celebrations. He gave excellent service to us but injury robbed him over last couple years.

Hope he finds a good new club and can enjoy an injury free rest of his career. Good luck Clyney!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1508 on: June 28, 2020, 12:08:51 pm »
I wish Nathaniel Clyne all the best for the future. Solid defensively and an important player during his first 2 years at the the club. The evolution of our play from the likes of him & Milner at full back to Trent & Robbo along with injury has seen limited opportunities for 1st team football. I still think he could do a job in the Premier League should the right move come along.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1509 on: June 28, 2020, 12:12:18 pm »
Can't  believe we're letting Clyne go, just dependent on a couple of teen rightbacks now. Can't  win anything like that, I fear.

Unless you're fishing we didn't get much back up from Clyne for the last two years.

Not criticising him and he would have been a decent back up but, albeit on a small sample size , Neco Williams fits our style better.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1510 on: June 28, 2020, 12:32:07 pm »
If he can get himself back into the best shape, he'd be a good signing for a few Premier League clubs. Assuming they stay up, he's still better than anyone that Bournemouth or West Ham have at right-back. He could do a job for a club like Palace or Burnley, maybe someone like West Brom if they come up.

If he's fit and motivated, he shouldn't be short of interest as a free agent.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1511 on: June 28, 2020, 01:08:19 pm »
If he can get himself back into the best shape, he'd be a good signing for a few Premier League clubs. Assuming they stay up, he's still better than anyone that Bournemouth or West Ham have at right-back. He could do a job for a club like Palace or Burnley, maybe someone like West Brom if they come up.

If he's fit and motivated, he shouldn't be short of interest as a free agent.

I can think of a mid table club within spitting distance of Anfield who need defensive reinforcements. And he wouldn't need to move house either.

Only joking. ;D

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1512 on: June 28, 2020, 01:10:40 pm »
 :butt I hope you were joking?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1513 on: June 28, 2020, 01:23:46 pm »
Sad to see he's leaving and what on could of been, without injuries blighting his career with us. The ghost of the Rob Jones right back graveyard, strikes again.

Good luck and all the best where ever you end up.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1514 on: June 28, 2020, 01:28:30 pm »
Last I heard, he was a gay drug addict involved in some gang wars.
Good riddance  ;D

All the best Nathaniel.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1515 on: June 28, 2020, 01:39:12 pm »
Sad to see he's leaving and what on could of been, without injuries blighting his career with us. The ghost of the Rob Jones right back graveyard, strikes again.

Good luck and all the best where ever you end up.

Yeah I always liked him. Thought he was maybe our most dependable player on the backline before we got our current defensive line up together. Seems a good lad as well.

Wish him all the best.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1516 on: June 28, 2020, 01:39:42 pm »
Fantastic player who was robbed of many opportunities due to injury.  Still only 29 so has the opportunity to be the
linchpin to say the mid-tier clubs of the the other PL clubs, maybe even captain material.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1517 on: June 28, 2020, 01:44:28 pm »
Yeah I always liked him. Thought he was maybe our most dependable player on the backline before we got our current defensive line up together. Seems a good lad as well.

Wish him all the best.

I was convinced he'd end up being our captain. Its sad that it didn't happen for him, but some things happen for a reason. Imagine the sliding doors moment of not finishing second and wining the league and we end up not sacking BR, it would of meant we probably wouldn't of gotten the big German. Things happen for a reason.  Pheew!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1518 on: June 28, 2020, 02:19:29 pm »

^Well, I thought this was funny, even if no one else did.

I remember when Trent first came into the team to replace Clyne. Took a while for him to convince a lot of people that he was up to the job. We forget how dependable Clyne was pre-injuries, and how Trent's sometimes naive performances had many clamouring for us to go into the market for a replacement of Clyne's quality and experience (albeit one with Trent's ability to get forward).

His time with us has passed, but I wish him the best and hope he lands on his feet with a decent club, and stays injury-free for the rest of his career.

It's interesting reading back over the early pages of this thread to see how people's opinion of Clyne has evolved over the years. Clearly he was never going to be the best fit for the way Klopp sets up his team, but he was always solid defensively.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 02:24:49 pm by smutchin »

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1519 on: June 28, 2020, 02:52:59 pm »
We had some decent RBs the past 15 years-- Finnan, Arbeloa, Johnson, Flanagan (for a little while there), Clyne.

Didn't realize he was only 29 too. Hope he stays injury-free. He'd be starting for most of the non-Top 6 I think.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."