Author Topic: The Golf Thread  (Read 314515 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: The Golf Thread
« Reply #5560 on: April 10, 2024, 08:47:09 am »
Stunning course

I could look at golf there forever
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5561 on: April 10, 2024, 08:59:21 am »
Apparently a bit of bad weather forecast for the morning, so potentially not a lot of golf tomorrow unfortunately!

It'd be great for there to be a close finish this year, it feels we're a bit overdue with a few runaway winners in recent years. 2019 was one of my favourite ever sporting events. Tiger closing it out, same day we beat Chelsea to go back top of the league. What a day.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #5562 on: April 10, 2024, 09:01:33 am »
C'mon Shane
YNWA

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5563 on: April 10, 2024, 09:59:20 am »
Looks awful weather tomorrow morning so will be surprised if many finish their rounds. Condition should be soft once play starts so could suit the long hitters but we will see as if the likes of Tiger has to play the bones of two rounds Friday, his body will complain.

Love watching the Masters as it has iconic moments in the game that never will be forgotten. Whether it's Nicklaus rolling back the years to win his last jacket, Mize chipping in madness, Woods too many to mention moments, the list is endless as any fan of the sport will be glued to their TVs this weekend.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #5564 on: April 10, 2024, 12:02:28 pm »
Looks awful weather tomorrow morning so will be surprised if many finish their rounds. Condition should be soft once play starts so could suit the long hitters but we will see as if the likes of Tiger has to play the bones of two rounds Friday, his body will complain.

Love watching the Masters as it has iconic moments in the game that never will be forgotten. Whether it's Nicklaus rolling back the years to win his last jacket, Mize chipping in madness, Woods too many to mention moments, the list is endless as any fan of the sport will be glued to their TVs this weekend.

Add Louis Oosthuizen and his double eagle on the 2nd to that list. That shot has really stayed with me along with Mickleson out of the pine needles
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5565 on: April 10, 2024, 12:03:49 pm »
Add Louis Oosthuizen and his double eagle on the 2nd to that list. That shot has really stayed with me along with Mickleson out of the pine needles
That Mickelson shot, holy hell

Also I never understand why its called a double eagle, an eagle is 2 under, a double eagle is 4 under surely?

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #5566 on: April 10, 2024, 12:06:12 pm »
FORE

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #5567 on: April 10, 2024, 12:23:48 pm »

Also I never understand why its called a double eagle, an eagle is 2 under, a double eagle is 4 under surely?

It's not a double eagle, it's an albatross.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #5568 on: April 10, 2024, 12:43:59 pm »

I should really have called it an albatross
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #5569 on: April 10, 2024, 01:33:59 pm »
Just as long as no Liv golfer wins, it's fine by me.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5570 on: April 10, 2024, 03:10:32 pm »

It's called an albatross  ;)
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5571 on: April 10, 2024, 03:24:20 pm »
It's called "never in my lifetime". Has anyone ever played in a group who got one or how many local clubs ever had a member achieve one? Apparently the chances are six million to one. Now if you have a member claiming he achieved a condor, basically a hole in one on a Par 5 he be amongst the rarest member's club ever or the most common one, the BS club as it's been "achieved" half a dozen times ever. Must have been April 1st ever time it happened 😉
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5572 on: April 10, 2024, 03:37:19 pm »
I know its called an albatross, that is the correct name imo

point was Double eagle doesnt make sense so it shouldnt be called that but it is by some

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #5573 on: April 10, 2024, 03:47:15 pm »
I know its called an albatross, that is the correct name imo

point was Double eagle doesnt make sense so it shouldnt be called that but it is by some

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2013/04/09/masters-gene-sarazen-double-eagle-albatross/2066977/

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5574 on: April 10, 2024, 04:24:47 pm »
Not entirely sure I'm on the Aberg train. Don't think he can win. It will be his first major championship appearance, and for him to rock up at Augusta first time and win would be quite something. Fuzzy Zoeller was the last to do it on debut back in 1979!

The story already is Rory and I know I go on about him sometimes but please, give it a rest. Scheffler clearly is the man to beat but I hope a few give him a run for his money and it doesn't turn into a procession.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5575 on: April 10, 2024, 06:17:58 pm »
Tiger casually launching 320 yard carry bombs down the range.

I've backed Scottie, he should win, but I wouldn't rule Tiger out if the leg holds up.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5576 on: April 10, 2024, 08:27:29 pm »
Procession, you say? He should win, you say? Bit early for that chaps!

Hope Rory can get himself into contention and then, for a change, make some friggin putts on a Sunday

Also echo the hope that LIV stays off the leaderboard as much as possible

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5577 on: April 10, 2024, 09:54:47 pm »
Procession, you say? He should win, you say? Bit early for that chaps!

Hope Rory can get himself into contention and then, for a change, make some friggin putts on a Sunday

Also echo the hope that LIV stays off the leaderboard as much as possible

I understand your point but Scheffler is comfortably the best player in the world and has been for about 2 years now. Nobody can live with him if he's on it. If he plays close to his best then it'll take another player having the week of his life to win it.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5578 on: April 10, 2024, 11:13:38 pm »
His putter went very cold for a while there. But he's got it working again. He's comfortably favourite (state the obvious)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5579 on: April 10, 2024, 11:16:18 pm »
I saw Tiger practising yesterday on SSN, he's not moving well even walking. :-[

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5580 on: April 11, 2024, 07:58:26 am »
And he might have to play the brunt of two rounds tomorrow due to the weather. Hope not because I had a little bet on him to make the cut, more out of hope than expectation!

Thursday at the Masters, what a day. I'm off work so heading to the range in a bit, if I put the work in they might invite me next year.

Anyone ever applied for tickets? Or ever been?

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #5581 on: April 11, 2024, 09:09:49 am »
Tiger casually launching 320 yard carry bombs down the range.

I've backed Scottie, he should win, but I wouldn't rule Tiger out if the leg holds up.

Tiger to win, seriously ! Not sure how many tournaments he's played the last couple of years but I think his goal here is to make the cut. Happy to be ridiculed on here if he wins though 👍

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5582 on: April 11, 2024, 09:34:16 am »
Always bet with my heart not my head so have chucked some each ways (top 8) on a few Europeans:

Hovland
Aberg
Fitzpatrick
Lowry

Time to sit back and watch them all miss the cut!

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #5583 on: April 11, 2024, 09:36:08 am »
Always bet with my heart not my head so have chucked some each ways (top 8) on a few Europeans:

Hovland
Aberg
Fitzpatrick
Lowry

Time to sit back and watch them all miss the cut!

Cheers Nick. You have royally fucked 2 of my e/w bets there then !

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5584 on: April 11, 2024, 09:49:08 am »
Cheers Nick. You have royally fucked 2 of my e/w bets there then !

Oops, sorry.

There was a time I was quite good betting on the Majors. Definitely more luck than judgement but had a few wins so don’t rip up the (online?) betting slip just yet!

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5585 on: April 11, 2024, 09:51:17 am »
Not in the greatest form, but I’ve done a Hotshots win on Rickie Fowler. Feel he starts a lot of majors well and then tails off, so hoping for the same and at least get a some money back off a few first round birdies.
AHA!

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #5586 on: April 11, 2024, 09:59:14 am »
Gone for Homa, Xander and Conners. Will be impressed if Tiger makes the weekend.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5587 on: April 11, 2024, 10:20:59 am »
I'll be surprised if they get any play today, if so it'll be a few holes later on. The weather Friday onwards looks good, so is it not possible to just have Friday as the opening round and then go from there and finish Monday?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5588 on: April 11, 2024, 10:25:29 am »
Few bets on Lowry

If the weather is shite it could really play into his hands.

The British open in 2019 was brutal mostly, but he managed it, just to note when there was good weather on the Saturday he pulled away.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5589 on: April 11, 2024, 01:10:08 pm »
Apparently most of the bad weather missing Augusta later, so they're only expecting a delay of a few hours.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #5590 on: April 11, 2024, 01:38:55 pm »
The first round will begin at 10:30 a.m. off the No. 1 tee. Updated tee times are available here. The Honorary Starters Ceremony will begin at 10:10 a.m. Patron gates will open at 9:30 a.m.

So, 3:30 Pm start UK time.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #5591 on: April 11, 2024, 02:55:40 pm »
The first round will begin at 10:30 a.m. off the No. 1 tee. Updated tee times are available here. The Honorary Starters Ceremony will begin at 10:10 a.m. Patron gates will open at 9:30 a.m.

So, 3:30 Pm start UK time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/68774311

Link for the updated tee times.

On a personal note, was having an amazing time down the range yesterday, swinging super free since taking stretching a bit more seriously, hoping to break 80 this year- anywho am smashing my new Mizuno ST-G driver, have had it maybe 4 months? Hit a Drive, a bit toey but yeah, shaft just absolutely shatters above the head, head flew about 80 yards down the range, spoke to local shop and they think maybe shaft defect in manufacturing but yeah, that was an experience!!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 02:57:36 pm by PhilV »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5592 on: April 11, 2024, 03:01:03 pm »
I have seen it three times

Happened a mate on a driving range, I had a word with the boss because he wasnt a golfer and I could explain, manager was fine

similar with me in Lanzarote of all places

Current clubs I have the three wood had similar, club head flew off, the place I bought the clubs replaced it free

Unfortunately not much luck with that three wood, I snapped it at the driving range leaning too hard on it. Though the cheap dunlop replacement I got instead seems to work ok.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #5593 on: April 11, 2024, 03:12:57 pm »
I have seen it three times

Happened a mate on a driving range, I had a word with the boss because he wasnt a golfer and I could explain, manager was fine

similar with me in Lanzarote of all places

Current clubs I have the three wood had similar, club head flew off, the place I bought the clubs replaced it free

Unfortunately not much luck with that three wood, I snapped it at the driving range leaning too hard on it. Though the cheap dunlop replacement I got instead seems to work ok.

No way, three times is wild.

Never seen it before, actually I lie, I saw a head fly off once on an old Nike and they said that was the glue/whatever holds the shaft to the head being rubbish, but this one was legit a full shaft shatter, got some photos, needs a whole new shaft and the head will need the existing one drilling one :(

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5594 on: April 11, 2024, 03:18:34 pm »
All times with me the shaft was intact, yours sounds worse.

It actually happened a pro recently, Ludvig Aberg possibly

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #5595 on: April 11, 2024, 03:28:07 pm »
All times with me the shaft was intact, yours sounds worse.

It actually happened a pro recently, Ludvig Aberg possibly

Thought best to include a photo of it, here ya go, attached.

Shaft is (or rather, was) a Mitsubishi Diamana MB-70 Stiff Flex

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5596 on: April 11, 2024, 03:32:20 pm »
It did happen to Aberg recently, and I believe in spite of the head flying off the club, he still drove the green on a par 4 ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5597 on: April 11, 2024, 03:45:16 pm »
Enough pics of Phil’s shaft please. Can we concentrate on the golf.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #5598 on: April 11, 2024, 03:50:26 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/68774311

Link for the updated tee times.

On a personal note, was having an amazing time down the range yesterday, swinging super free since taking stretching a bit more seriously, hoping to break 80 this year- anywho am smashing my new Mizuno ST-G driver, have had it maybe 4 months? Hit a Drive, a bit toey but yeah, shaft just absolutely shatters above the head, head flew about 80 yards down the range, spoke to local shop and they think maybe shaft defect in manufacturing but yeah, that was an experience!!!

I have let go of my whole club by accident - does that count ?  Club went about 100 yards further than the ball  ;D

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5599 on: April 11, 2024, 04:17:29 pm »
Thought best to include a photo of it, here ya go, attached.

Shaft is (or rather, was) a Mitsubishi Diamana MB-70 Stiff Flex

sheared right off, shouldn't happen.

I have let go of my whole club by accident - does that count ?  Club went about 100 yards further than the ball  ;D
haha, my problem has always been standing too close to the ball,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,after I hit it