Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich  (Read 166345 times)

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich
« Reply #1760 on: September 21, 2015, 09:02:43 am »
We have scored 4 league goals in 6 league games. We are coming up to a very difficult block of seven league games.

At the moment there is no positive.

Sturridge back is a positive.

We created clear cut chances for the first time all season is a positive.

Sakho back in the side (single brain far, aside) is a positive.

Moreno back in the side is a positive.

Things aren't exactly great right now but saying there are no positives is just wrong.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #1761 on: September 21, 2015, 09:04:26 am »
Who fucked up this time? seems to be an appropriate question every time these days if you haven't seen the game.

If that said someone hasnt seen the game, then they have no right to comment in a post match thread.
JFT 96

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1762 on: September 21, 2015, 09:05:02 am »
Sturridge back is a positive.

We created clear cut chances for the first time all season is a positive.

Sakho back in the side (single brain far, aside) is a positive.

Moreno back in the side is a positive.

Things aren't exactly great right now but saying there are no positives is just wrong.

There had to be an upturn with our new players and we had to beat Norwich, but we didnt. Even with those players back they dont have it in them to get us top four.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1763 on: September 21, 2015, 09:05:54 am »
If that said someone hasnt seen the game, then they have no right to comment in a post match thread.

So we fail to beat Norwich at home and a fan cannot ask what went wrong?

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #1764 on: September 21, 2015, 09:07:24 am »
We have scored 4 league goals in 6 league games. We are coming up to a very difficult block of seven league games.

At the moment there is no positive.

Yes, that is disturbing. But at least we create chances again. ManUtd had an expected goals ratio of 1.5 yesterday and scored three times, we had a ratio of 1.7 and scored 1. Sometimes the ball just doesn't want to go in and in my opinion yesterday was one of those days.

So I'd say there is some positives to be taken from that game. Before we face this horrific run away from home we have three very winnable games against Carlisle, Villa and Sion. Plus it's not like Spurs, Everton or Chelsea are pulling up trees themselves.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1765 on: September 21, 2015, 09:09:50 am »
If that said someone has, in the meantime seen the game (taped it because he had to go to the hospital at game-time), is he then allowed to comment on it by your superduper-moral-football standards?
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1766 on: September 21, 2015, 09:10:14 am »
Yes, that is disturbing. But at least we create chances again. ManUtd had an expected goals ratio of 1.5 yesterday and scored three times, we had a ratio of 1.7 and scored 1. Sometimes the ball just doesn't want to go in and in my opinion yesterday was one of those days.

So I'd say there is some positives to be taken from that game. Before we face this horrific run away from home we have three very winnable games against Carlisle, Villa and Sion. Plus it's not like Spurs, Everton or Chelsea are pulling up trees themselves.

That run included Norwich and we failed to win that as well. The problem we have is that getting wins even againts those sides away from home will be toucgh.

I believe we will be outside the top 10 come November after City.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #1767 on: September 21, 2015, 09:13:17 am »
If that said someone has, in the meantime seen the game (taped it because he had to go to the hospital at game-time), is he then allowed to comment on it by your superduper-moral-football standards?
Yep, of course, if they have seen the game, whether live or delayed, than have some in put, but it grates my tits reading" OH i never seen the game, BUT time for BR to fuck off.Theres no excuse for not putting 12 past norwhich"
JFT 96

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #1768 on: September 21, 2015, 09:15:06 am »
Just seen another post match presser clip.
Rodgers said that we're rebuilding the fortress Anfield atmosphere and making it a tough place to play again.
Apparently there's a real feeling of anxiety and nerves around the place, similar to when he took over... and, quote "we're having to rebuild that now"
Is there anything we're not rebuilding.....FFS
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:17:56 am by johnsmithlfc »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1769 on: September 21, 2015, 09:19:15 am »
There had to be an upturn with our new players and we had to beat Norwich, but we didnt. Even with those players back they dont have it in them to get us top four.

You said there are no positives and I think that's wrong.
If you had said there were no positives after the West Ham home game, I would have agreed.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:20:53 am by spider-neil »

Offline mrchimps

• Legacy Fan
  • There are places I’ll remember all my life...
« Reply #1770 on: September 21, 2015, 09:19:17 am »
After a sleep and a bit of contemplation.
Martin took his goal really well. Could have thrashed at it but his placement was excellent.

Don't think anyone in our team with the exception of Coutinhio would have done the same.
JFT97

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #1771 on: September 21, 2015, 09:19:59 am »
That run included Norwich and we failed to win that as well. The problem we have is that getting wins even againts those sides away from home will be toucgh.

I believe we will be outside the top 10 come November after City.

Yes, you are right. However yesterday it was not because it was an insipid, uninspiring performance like at Old Trafford, it was just missing clinical finishing. The tactics were alright, we had flow in our game, built the game from the back and got into very promising positions but failed to pull the trigger too many times. I'm not sure you can blame the manager for that. There is a lot of negative pressure on the players at the moment and you can see it in their decision-making on pitch.

I think we will be at least 7th after the City match, this team is much better than last season.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1772 on: September 21, 2015, 09:20:12 am »
You said there are no positives and I think that's wrong.

I was getting at a positive in terms of winning games. Couldnt give a fuck about individual players.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1773 on: September 21, 2015, 09:21:08 am »
Moreno was a huge positive. Created more than Gomez has done all season, which also gave us more space in the middle.

Our big problem is central mid. Milner contributes very little in this role. He's a good runner, but his passing is poor for such a role. Lucas does his job and is a much better passer than Milner, but he's too cautious to be a playmaker.

This team is screaming for a 442 of some kind, probably a diamond. Keep this eleven and move Can up to the midfield. I would also consider getting in Firmino and putting Coutinho in Milner's position. Then we would have a central supply line with solid passers: Sakho - Lucas - Coutinho - Firmino.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1774 on: September 21, 2015, 09:21:53 am »
Yes, you are right. However yesterday it was not because it was an insipid, uninspiring performance like at Old Trafford, it was just missing clinical finishing. The tactics were alright, we had flow in our game, built the game from the back and got into very promising positions but failed to pull the trigger too many times. I'm not sure you can blame the manager for that. There is a lot of negative pressure on the players at the moment and you can see it in their decision-making on pitch.

I think we will be at least 7th after the City match, this team is much better than last season.

The team is much better than last season but the performances are not and the tactica remain as baffling as ever. Yesterday the tactics were not right. We should have played an extra attacker instead of Can or Lucas.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1775 on: September 21, 2015, 09:23:33 am »
I was getting at a positive in terms of winning games. Couldnt give a fuck about individual players.

Individual players are going decide where we finish in the table. I happen to think Moreno is our best left back, Sakho our best defender and Sturridge our best player so (for me) having them back in the team is a massive positive despite the 2 points dropped. We are 6 games into the season not 16.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1776 on: September 21, 2015, 09:25:09 am »
Problem is the team's confidence is shot now.5 games without a win.It's      not easy to bounce back.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1777 on: September 21, 2015, 09:25:36 am »
Individual players are going decide where we finish in the table. I happen to think Moreno is our best left back, Sakho our best defender and Sturridge our best player so (for me) having them back in the team is a massive positive despite the 2 points dropped. We are 6 games into the season not 16.

How long do they last for physically? I dont know and we will see but i was desperate to see a turning point and dont see where that is now.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #1778 on: September 21, 2015, 09:28:15 am »
The team is much better than last season but the performances are not and the tactica remain as baffling as ever. Yesterday the tactics were not right. We should have played an extra attacker instead of Can or Lucas.

I have to disagree with you there. Lucas is the primary outlet for the three at the back and his positioning allows them to run forwards with the ball relatively unchallenged. The space was very well divided from a defensive and offensive point of view, adding another winger / striker would not have made it easier for us because the space up front would have been much tighter. I would agree with you if our midfield was not able to get the ball through to the strikers or create chances, but they were.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1779 on: September 21, 2015, 09:30:00 am »
How long do they last for physically? I dont know and we will see but i was desperate to see a turning point and dont see where that is now.

Again, I am saying there were positives after the game. That's all. Whatever happens going forwards, happens.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1780 on: September 21, 2015, 09:31:51 am »
I have to disagree with you there. Lucas is the primary outlet for the three at the back and his positioning allows them to run forwards with the ball relatively unchallenged. The space was very well divided from a defensive and offensive point of view, adding another winger / striker would not have made it easier for us because the space up front would have been much tighter. I would agree with you if our midfield was not able to get the ball through to the strikers or create chances, but they were.

We were creating clear cut chances for the first time all season. People can say 'it was only Norwich' if they please.
The true test is when Liverpool play a better class of opponent if they continue to create chances.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1781 on: September 21, 2015, 09:32:19 am »

But how are more defenders leading to score more goals? We have scored 4 goals. How do we get Sturridge, Benteke, Firmino and Coutinho on the field together with 3 at the back? If we are not planning do then why the flying fuck did we pay 60m for them 2?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1782 on: September 21, 2015, 09:33:19 am »
We were creating clear cut chances for the first time all season. People can say 'it was only Norwich' if they please.
The true test is when Liverpool play a better class of opponent if they continue to create chances.

But we failed to win.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1783 on: September 21, 2015, 09:35:06 am »
Whats the point bringing up past quotes. Has he spoken some shite in the past? Of course. But its happened now and any underperformance can be analysed without bringing up past quotes.
Why not? He made the quotes. He should be reminded of his own wisdom.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1784 on: September 21, 2015, 09:35:23 am »

Let's create only one clear cut chance against Villa but win the game.
Results are important right now.Confidence is very low.It will be  a very tough game aganst Tactics Tim.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1785 on: September 21, 2015, 09:35:57 am »
But we failed to win.

But failed to win.
I'm not saying I am happy with the result or the players only that were were 'some' positives to take into the next game where are West Ham there were literally none (well, maybe no one getting injured was a positive).

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1786 on: September 21, 2015, 09:38:34 am »
and Arsenal finished above Man United despite Man United being richer than them. Surely that's a miracle and shouldn't be expected?

Missed the point.  The money thing is about the long run and "on average".  More money does not guarantee anything, but on average teams with bigger budgets finish higher up the league.

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1787 on: September 21, 2015, 09:39:48 am »
But failed to win.
I'm not saying I am happy with the result or the players only that were were 'some' positives to take into the next game where are West Ham there were literally none (well, maybe no one getting injured was a positive).

Norwich, at home.  Taking positives from a game like this. Is this what we have become?

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #1788 on: September 21, 2015, 09:41:51 am »

We created chances against Arsenal away too, but we hit the woodwork twice.

But how are more defenders leading to score more goals? We have scored 4 goals. How do we get Sturridge, Benteke, Firmino and Coutinho on the field together with 3 at the back? If we are not planning do then why the flying fuck did we pay 60m for them 2?

I don't think the gameplan for the Norwich match included having them 4 on the pitch at the same time. Firmino is still settling in and is an impact sub until he shows he needs to start and I think this is a good decision by BR. Maybe we are planning to play them together sooner than later, but I don't think throwing the acquisition sums of those players around merits a place in the eleven. Otherwise we would have started Lovren for sure. It's all about performance, not price tags.

But thinking ahead, if you want those 4 on the pitch at the same time and with Benteke and Sturridge up front, we will need to change the system again. I've been thinking of the 4-2-2-2 Leverkusen play, maybe with a tweak for our keeper so it might end up as a 3-3-2-2. We will leak goals with that system though.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1789 on: September 21, 2015, 09:51:24 am »
We created chances against Arsenal away too, but we hit the woodwork twice.

We hit the woodwork manatimes in Kenny's 1st year with Suarez. Didn't save his job!

Goals count. Hitting the wood doesn't.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1790 on: September 21, 2015, 09:52:41 am »
Norwich, at home.  Taking positives from a game like this. Is this what we have become?

Whether you play Norwich or Barcelona, after the game you pick over the bones and find positives and attempt to improve on mistakes. The alternative is to wallow in misery and let the lack of confidence finish us off.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1791 on: September 21, 2015, 09:53:23 am »
But we are the richest club in the Europa League so there is no excuse for not winning that trophy or atleast getting to the finals.

:)

I know who man who would disagree. There's always an excuse if you look hard enough.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ShayGuevara

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1792 on: September 21, 2015, 09:53:31 am »
Just seen another post match presser clip.
Rodgers said that we're rebuilding the fortress Anfield atmosphere and making it a tough place to play again.
Apparently there's a real feeling of anxiety and nerves around the place, similar to when he took over... and, quote "we're having to rebuild that now"
Is there anything we're not rebuilding.....FFS

What he's saying is correct though. The atmosphere reflected the general mood on rodgers anymore.

He needs a run of good results to lift spirits at Anfield again.
"The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone having a share of the rewards. It's the way I see football, the way I see life" Bill Shankly

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
« Reply #1793 on: September 21, 2015, 09:59:15 am »
Fsg is where people s ire should be directed now. Brendan is being kept in a job by them way past his sell by date. They have no ambition for this club.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #1794 on: September 21, 2015, 09:59:54 am »
What he's saying is correct though. The atmosphere reflected the general mood on rodgers anymore.

And why is the atmosphere bad?
Why does it need rebuilding, what went wrong?

The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1795 on: September 21, 2015, 10:00:17 am »

He needs to leave to lift spirits at Anfield again. Can someone provide me with one good reason to keep Rodgers at the club?

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1796 on: September 21, 2015, 10:00:18 am »

That's nonsense. Lucas was excellent yesterday and we were just fine with him. He made the first goal with his pressure and he set Sturridge up for a 1v1 which he misses. Yesterday was about taking our chances. Just throwing another attacker on the field doesn't mean you automatically become a more cohesive attacking unit.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1797 on: September 21, 2015, 10:05:29 am »
PSG have won loads of Champions Leagues, haven't they. Oh, wait...

What has that got to do with anything? They aren't the richest team in the competition.

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1798 on: September 21, 2015, 10:09:13 am »
Only four league goals so far.

And to think poor Mario got thrown under the bus, along with Marsh and Pascoe. Meanwhile, the common denominator is still here.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Lock this shit too, it's a fucking joke!

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1799 on: September 21, 2015, 10:09:46 am »
Actually, for the only time this season, I was encouraged by that performance.

Now for fuck's sake Brendan, keep an unchanged team for the next few games.

If you even think of dropping Sakho/Moreno/Lucas....