Author Topic: Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over return to Anfield  (Read 193728 times)

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #440 on: September 25, 2015, 12:03:42 pm »
Has he formed every opinion in his book from Richard Keys or Patrick Barclay? The amount of bitterness that's coming from him is pathetic. His real lack of intelligence has took me by surprise, can't ever see him succeeding as a manager like he wants to, too easily swayed by opinions of Sky and back page rags.
I go as far as to say that he shouldn't be offered any kind of coaching role in the club, certainly not around the senior squad.

Offline LFC_Verve

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #441 on: September 25, 2015, 12:10:16 pm »
Blaming Rodgers for being positive in a team-talk after winning 14 games in a row and three games away from winning the league. Ok...

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #442 on: September 25, 2015, 12:15:23 pm »
Blaming Rodgers for being positive in a team-talk after winning 14 games in a row and three games away from winning the league. Ok...
It seems clear that Gerrard suffers from from some sort of inferiority complex.

Nothings good enough for him in our club. Even during our purple patch of being the number one ranked club in Europe, he's looking fondly at Maureen, thinking everything is much rosier there. He's too influenced by his England chums and Sky, which is totally at odds with us supporters. He's not helping himself with these exposé books, unless his goal is to be forever pally with these chums.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: September 25, 2015, 12:21:21 pm »
Needs to shut his fucking gob, don't want him to be another ex player I grow to hate.

What does he gain from this shite? More ££££ I guess, not like he has enough already
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: September 25, 2015, 01:06:08 pm »
Damn if he continues in this manner, he is going to turn out to be a bigger bellend than Owen when he returns to commentate on SKY after retiring.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #445 on: September 25, 2015, 01:12:14 pm »
Some fans are going to lap this shit up. Hopefully those are the same fans who claimed to be Liverpool supporters but were in fact just "Stevie G" fans.

One things for sure, even though Gerrard was never management material for me, he's got no chance now.

He'll probably write another book about that and blame it on Rafa for not calling him by his first name or some shite.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: September 25, 2015, 01:24:10 pm »
Wouldn't want him anywhere near the club as coach, insecure mouthpiece.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: September 25, 2015, 01:35:33 pm »
Can't remember where I heard, read or watched this, but I seem to remember somebody saying something about Gerrard throwing a bit of a wobbler because  his England shirt didn't have #8 on it - something about him feeling weird and insecure wearing a different numbered shirt...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #448 on: September 25, 2015, 01:54:44 pm »
Feet of Clay

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #449 on: September 25, 2015, 01:57:31 pm »
Can't remember where I heard, read or watched this, but I seem to remember somebody saying something about Gerrard throwing a bit of a wobbler because  his England shirt didn't have #8 on it - something about him feeling weird and insecure wearing a different numbered shirt...

I don't think it was because it didn't have 8 because he was always 4 for England but he did say that when he wore '9' for one game it didn't feel right and made him feel strange.

Must have been some voodoo shit

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: September 25, 2015, 02:24:51 pm »
I don't think it was because it didn't have 8 because he was always 4 for England but he did say that when he wore '9' for one game it didn't feel right and made him feel strange.

Must have been some voodoo shit

Ah that might have been it.

In any case, it was Rafa picking a fight with the septics that helped save the club.  Him lifting the lid is what galvanised the supporters to act.  It probably would have happened anyway but it could have cost precious time.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #451 on: September 25, 2015, 02:58:58 pm »
My face at every new extract

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #452 on: September 25, 2015, 03:09:47 pm »
My face at every new extract

and the people in the background - every other PL fan...

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: September 25, 2015, 04:31:35 pm »
He seems to be doing his utmost to disqualify himself from ever having an important role at Liverpool ever again. If we are hiring explayers to become staff at our club, I'd rather go for Xabi Alonso, Hamann,  Hyypia and others.

This also isn't helping him to fight off a reputation - an unfair one in my view - for having a gigantic ego

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #454 on: September 25, 2015, 04:35:09 pm »
Drama queen

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #455 on: September 25, 2015, 04:56:22 pm »
I quite enjoyed Gerrard's first autobiography. I get the impression that this one is going to piss me off no end. I'll still read it though.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #456 on: September 25, 2015, 05:04:44 pm »
Couldn't pay me to read that book.

VERY strange for him to be even vaguely blaming anybody considering what happened in that Chelsea game.  I'd personally not open up that can of worms!

Always respected him for not being a media whore and doing his talking on the pitch.  Sounds like he was just saving it all up to shift book sales.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: September 25, 2015, 05:17:10 pm »
He seems to be doing his utmost to disqualify himself from ever having an important role at Liverpool ever again. If we are hiring explayers to become staff at our club, I'd rather go for Xabi Alonso, Hamann,  Hyypia and others.
Didi's made an idiot of himself plenty times since he left.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: September 25, 2015, 06:36:05 pm »
Didi's made an idiot of himself plenty times since he left.

This, fuck Didi since he left, Tory loving sky sycophant who was all over the Suarez hate bandwagon saying the club should get rid
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: September 25, 2015, 06:49:10 pm »
He's making a complete knob of himself. Sure the media sheep fans will lap it up as gospel and "Stevie G" superfan club will love it but the ones who have a fucking clue as to what actually happened know better.

Online eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #460 on: September 25, 2015, 06:50:46 pm »
Good grief, I just read he was "gutted" when Hodgson got the chop

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #461 on: September 25, 2015, 06:52:17 pm »
Good grief, I just read he was "gutted" when Hodgson got the chop

"I was gutted when he left Liverpool," Gerrard told BT Sport. "I thought the timing of him taking the Liverpool job was probably wrong because a lot of the fans wanted Dalglish in and Dalglish is the king at Liverpool.

"I thought Roy paid the price for that, coming in before Kenny. I think if it had been reversed and if he came in after him, he maybe would have got a bit more time and the fans would have had a bit more respect for him.

"He’s certainly a top coach, a good person and someone who works very hard to make sure his teams are hard to beat, so I’ve got a lot of respect for him."

:(
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:55:38 pm by Chakan »

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: September 25, 2015, 11:41:50 pm »
Stevie is a scouser, was the heartbeat of our club for so many years. How in the hell does he think these comments will go down with the fans? I mean come on, gutted because Hodge got the chop?? Whaat?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Garcias Sangria

• Anny Roader
  • Not in The Grafton on a Friday night
« Reply #463 on: September 26, 2015, 03:21:37 am »
The lad has lost the plot.
Quote from: Owl
If some of u fucking bellends are seriously arsed about this then go to fucking sleep or knock our self out by charging straight at a wall.
It's a fucking pre season
Fuck off u twats
Quote from: Upinsmoke
Go to sleep, but it's only 2.55am

Div

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #464 on: September 26, 2015, 10:21:01 am »
A lot of these comments expose exactly how much of bubble he's lived in for so much of his life and how much his insecurities seem to have shaped his views - of course he's a massive red and he loves the club but the Hodgson comments alone demonstrate how out of touch and misguided his views of his managers are. I really wish he wouldn't have brought this book out now.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: September 26, 2015, 11:45:08 am »
This book, sweet baby jesus.  These little tid bits coming out are even worse.  I hope he got a lot of money for it.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: September 26, 2015, 11:49:27 am »
Those Gerrard comments are just wrong on so many levels. Maybe my memory is a little foggy, but I can't remember anyone wanting Kenny to come in before Hodgson. If anything, the job was made more difficult for Hodgson because he wasn't Rafa and many were upset because of the way Rafa was sacked.

I remember those rumours back in around 2010 that Gerrard and Carra played a part in pushing Rafa out. While I can't prove it, but when you see their comments in recent years, it certainly sounds more and more plausible that they, and others in the club wanted a British manager. What other reason could Gerrard be gutted about Hodgson leaving? Has he ever mentioned being gutted about Rafa leaving?

I don't really mind that he is coming out with this shit now after his career is done rather than during that time to sell a book. However, it really gives you an interesting look into his though process during that period. I pray to God that he doesn't ever come close to a coaching role at this club with his outdated views.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:54:31 am by LFC_4-life »

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #467 on: September 26, 2015, 12:10:36 pm »
his ego has grown to the size of the planet Jupiter. Always clear he was a bit precious and fragile. Along comes Rafa who is one of the first people not to tell stevie how great he is. Gerrard's ego rejected this notion, which is why he's pally with Uncle Hodge who probably fawned over him in a sickeningly deferential manner.

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #468 on: September 26, 2015, 12:33:19 pm »
Those Gerrard comments are just wrong on so many levels. Maybe my memory is a little foggy, but I can't remember anyone wanting Kenny to come in before Hodgson. If anything, the job was made more difficult for Hodgson because he wasn't Rafa and many were upset because of the way Rafa was sacked.

I remember those rumours back in around 2010 that Gerrard and Carra played a part in pushing Rafa out. While I can't prove it, but when you see their comments in recent years, it certainly sounds more and more plausible that they, and others in the club wanted a British manager. What other reason could Gerrard be gutted about Hodgson leaving? Has he ever mentioned being gutted about Rafa leaving?

I don't really mind that he is coming out with this shit now after his career is done rather than during that time to sell a book. However, it really gives you an interesting look into his though process during that period. I pray to God that he doesn't ever come close to a coaching role at this club with his outdated views.

Regardless of what they did as players, Carragher's and Gerrard's silence at the time of H+G, followed by then criticising Rafa for speaking out against them, leaves a very, very, very sour taste.

They can call Rafa cold, calculating, stupid (and mixed in there somewhere 'the best manager we've ever worked with'!!!) all they want - but don't you fucking dare criticise that man for standing up to Ferguson and Man Utd, and even more specifically, for speaking out against what H+G were doing to the club. Don't you even fucking dare.

Someone said on this forum (maybe it was on another) - and I can't even remember which thread now because every thread seems to turn into a Rafa thread - but that they'd take to the grave with them the fact that a sizeable and vociferous section of our fanbase, along with these two 'Scousers', played an active role in the sacking of Rafa Benitez.

Our owners were c*nts, our board were c*nts, the media are always c*nts - but none would have had the balls to sack Rafa if it weren't for those two plus the fans.

And I was thinking deep and hard about this lately - you know what it's all about? The fact that we sacked a man of his managerial abilities (and then replaced him with an owl) is ONE massive big clusterfuck that's been touched upon many times.

But what really hurts me more, is that we let go of a man of his honour.

I don't care if he's the best manager in the world, or not - he's the MAN I want leading Liverpool.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline Zapata316

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #469 on: September 26, 2015, 12:44:30 pm »
Is Gerrard the new Souness? Legend on the pitch who then destroys his legacy.  Future Liverpool manager my arse.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: September 26, 2015, 12:47:54 pm »
Well, the comments on Maureen in that BBC interview will cause a few meltdowns.

To be fair, the interviewer elicited that answer with their choice of questions.  He's hardly going to say he wouldn't want to work with one of the most successful coaches.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: September 26, 2015, 12:50:06 pm »
Is Gerrard the new Souness? Legend on the pitch who then destroys his legacy.  Future Liverpool manager my arse.
Not for me.  Souness spoke to that rag for fuck sake.

Offline Zapata316

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #472 on: September 26, 2015, 12:51:31 pm »
Not for me.  Souness spoke to that rag for fuck sake.

I agree what Souness did was worse, but I mean generally destroying their legacy.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: September 26, 2015, 01:00:22 pm »
I agree what Souness did was worse, but I mean generally destroying their legacy.
His legacy is fine as far as I'm concerned.  He's entitled to his opinions, he's entitled to put them in a book and cash in on them, I'll just choose not to buy it.  The people he's spoke about don't seem to be upset, Rafa handled it with typical good grace, nobody else has commented.  The only people making an issue of it are our lot, I just don't think it's that important, certainly not important enough to tarnish my memories of him.  Still love the man to bits, even if I disagree with nearly everything that's come out in this book.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: September 26, 2015, 01:11:35 pm »
Destroy? Nah.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #475 on: September 26, 2015, 02:02:14 pm »
Stevie - stop please.

I was born in 92, I've never seen us win the league. Gerrard was pretty much my hero growing up but all the extracts from this book are beginning to tarnish that for me.

It started with him working as a pundit in the game that Balotelli 'stole' the penalty. He just seems to have no common sense and doesn't seem to think before he speaks.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: September 26, 2015, 04:01:46 pm »
his ego has grown to the size of the planet Jupiter. Always clear he was a bit precious and fragile. Along comes Rafa who is one of the first people not to tell stevie how great he is. Gerrard's ego rejected this notion, which is why he's pally with Uncle Hodge who probably fawned over him in a sickeningly deferential manner.
On BT Sport they briefly discussed the bits of his book with Rio Ferdinand and another guy, forgot who it was. It was amazing how much ass-kissing was going on, even from Ferdinand. They were all like "I saw the team for the match vs Madrid, and I said "where is Stevie?"". It was embarrassing, a grown man sitting there getting his ass licked, I thought Gerrard would have been embarrassed, but no, he seemed quite OK ;D

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #477 on: September 26, 2015, 05:52:58 pm »
Meh. None of it really surprises me. He's been idolized as being Mr. Liverpool year after fucking year, was bound to have a grand and fragile ego.

To be fair to him, he's carried this club as other owners, managers, and players have come and gone, some successful, most not. If he wants to throw any of them under the bus so be it, the honesty is refreshing.

For those saying he should never be offered any sort of coaching role here, why the hell not? Even if his opinion flies in the face of the fans, and he's got an ego problem - he's always put the club first. If he can show he's a coach who can win contribute to winning titles in the Liverpool way, I'm sure he'll one day be considered for a position. His opinion on his past coaches or Hodgson isn't going to change that ffs.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline Zapata316

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #478 on: September 26, 2015, 08:56:17 pm »
Meh. None of it really surprises me. He's been idolized as being Mr. Liverpool year after fucking year, was bound to have a grand and fragile ego.

For those saying he should never be offered any sort of coaching role here, why the hell not? Even if his opinion flies in the face of the fans, and he's got an ego problem - he's always put the club first.
Did he put the club first when the cancers were here?

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: September 26, 2015, 08:56:40 pm »
The more he talks/the more I see from his book the more I think he's a tit. Gerrard the player is my hero. Gerrard the pundit, eh. It's mad how he can be that good a footballer yet have such bad opinions.