Author Topic: Mike Marsh's contract not renewed, Rodgers will reshuffle backroom staff  (Read 17690 times)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
Hasn't Carragher said he just wants top do telly?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
This doesn`t sit right with me. Mike Marsh is a local lad(not saying he should have a job at the club just because he`s local like), knows the place inside out, has played for the club, come up through the ranks, worked under a succession of very experienced, top football men, and now he gets binned?

The rest of Rodgers backroom staff, do they bring the same experience/knowledge of the club that Marsh does?

More links to the local community fucked off here.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
You quoted my post, in that post I said we need better coaches. The hierarchy think so too, I also said Pascoe should go as for example somebody like carragher would be a good voice in your ear as he knows how to see a game out, do a job in Europe away from.home, basically how to win games of football, secondly do you belive Carragher couldn't run training sessions given he learnt from one of the best their is over the course of five years.

What I do believe is that Carragher has no coaching experience and chose to go into a well paid media job rather than go through the job of learning the trade. Mick may or may not be the right person to be our first team coach, I don't know but it would be difficult to say now, that Carragher is a batter coach as he isn't one, simple as that. Nobody wanted Jamie to stay on at the club more than me but he's chosen something else for now, and that is where we are.

Mick, by the way, did work with Kenny, Ronnie, Roy, Souness, Rafa, Kenny again before Rodgers, he started up in Kirkby on a voluntary basis, was a season ticket holder at the club, been promoted by successive managers, he is a real Liverpool man, even if he ever played in Istanbul, was the last link in the coaching staff with Rafa
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Steve Heighway should be on the list to help out. Sami is a great shout as well. We need experience and we need people with strong links to the club
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
Steve Heighway should be on the list to help out. Sami is a great shout as well. We need experience and we need people with strong links to the club

Do you mean like the fella we just got rid of?

How old is Steve Heighway by the way? Signed for the club 45 years ago after university?
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
This place? Do yourself a favour and delete your account. Your self given super fan title is obviously not suited to internet forums.
The lad is worth a lot more to this place and this club than you ever could be.

Do me a favour and delete your account.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
... was the last link in the coaching staff with Rafa
I remember reading between the lines when Rodgers appointed Mike Marsh and thinking that it was a token appointment, a mascot for continuity. His sacking looks pretty much a case for scape-goating. Personally, I don't think Rodgers' backroom staff make any difference at all, he is out there running every single training session and has very clear ideas on how he wants things done, right from playing style and game management to the academy and player loans. Having someone on the bench who "knows how to win" from his playing days would make fuck-all difference IMHO. 

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
Rodgers is well and truly a puppet. I don't for one second believe he would have wanted to get rid of Mike Marsh especially as it was him who promoted Marsh.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.

Mickey Quinn on Talksport (I know) suggesting that Marsh has been made a scapegoat for last season.

Also that Klopp was offered the job but wanted total control (a la Rafa and, I guess, Rodgers last season) and was told no.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
Certainly not suited to the wamkers that populate this one, mind I don't expect them to see the irony in a line claiming we need experienced coaches followed by one saying bring in a telly pundit without any experience in coaching.

Actually he said better coaches, not more experienced ones. Completely different
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
Big Sami should come in - be that "defensive" coach we all want.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
So club decides someone has to pay I wonder if they drew enevelopes to see which name came out!

Sami keeps being mentioned he was nothing special at Leverkuson and Brighton in fact didnt he get sacked from both clubs?

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
Mickey Quinn on Talksport (I know) suggesting that Marsh has been made a scapegoat for last season.

Also that Klopp was offered the job but wanted total control (a la Rafa and, I guess, Rodgers last season) and was told no.
;D Nice try that. Klopp wasn't in charge of transfers at Dortmund, he won't suddenly demand that now.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
So club decides someone has to pay I wonder if they drew enevelopes to see which name came out!

FSG: "Brendan, someone has to go. You choose which one."

Brendan *thinking*  "Hmmm, my long time friend and member of the family, or this young fella I promoted to make me look good with the scousers?"

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Currently a consultant for Philadelphia Union and should be announced as Delhi Dynamos new head coach soon.

Is this a real sentence? It doesn't look real :D

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
;D Nice try that. Klopp wasn't in charge of transfers at Dortmund, he won't suddenly demand that now.

Just going by what he said. I do wonder at why people who have worked under a European system would want to come here and suddenly want all the control. They can`t ALL be raging megalomaniacs...

Brazil suggested that Quinn`s mate, Mike Marsh might have been cluing him in. If that were the case, there would surely (and justifiably) be some bitterness there.

Offline Coutinholycow

• King Midas. If he pays £50m for a single tomato, that tomato is worth £50m.
  • Legacy Fan
Is this a real sentence? It doesn't look real :D

The first half is definitely true. Don't know about the 2nd half. Would take him and Hyypia and call it a day though.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
Footballers need to be inspired. Motivated. I don't see the three of them including Rodgers doing that.
I feel sorry for Marsh but he wasn't even a good player.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
Footballers need to be inspired. Motivated. I don't see the three of them including Rodgers doing that.
Neither were Mourinho,Benitez or Rodgers. What is the relevance of this?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Well there we go.  Close the thread. 

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Just not Carra please. We need experienced coaches, not ex players learning the ropes before they move on.

Finding the right coaches and scouts is a very important part of Rodgers job, and I hope he gets it right. I hope he has the guts to bring in someone with more experience than himself. A foreigner would also be a nice break from the incredibly Brit-centric TC and organization.

Offline db1animal

• Anny Roader
What is the role of Rodgers, pascoe and marsh???

Larry, Curly & Mo
Snap, Crackle & Pop
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil
Charlie's Angels (or should that be Henry's Angels with Ayre as Bosworth)
Boston Strong. JTF96.  YNWA

Offline JRobinson

• Main Stander
If we're having a reshuffle of the coaching staff, we should be trying to bring in Phil Thompson to be honest.

I'm all for Sami & Gary McAllister being given a shot too, but Phil's a winner, he won't take any shit, and is vastly experienced as an assistant and coach.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
The lad is worth a lot more to this place and this club than you ever could be.

Do me a favour and delete your account.

Bless
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
The people on here claiming that Mike Marsh was made a scapegoat are just as bad as those claiming it was a good decision. None of us know what impact he had on the first team.   Wish him well, sure he won't be out of work for long,  but time will tell whether it may of been a good decision or not. Let's just see how it plays out without making unfounded accusation's

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
I think we could do with an experienced coach who is used to dealing with the rigors of  European and domestic football.

Offline Bud P Austin

• The Hindu Hansen
  • Anny Roader
In all this disparaging, there is only one indisputable fact. An outstanding candidate with a long standing Liverpudlian connection and history of fandom is both available and ready to exit hibernation. All he requires is an assurance that receptacles of ash are debarred from the premises.

They should employ Phase of Play.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Of course John, but doesn't hurt discussing the merits of either side of the arguement eh? This is what a forum is pretty much about.

You are right mate. That is what forums are for (online or offline).

My grouch is that, with the obvious lack of any solid knowledge on the topic (the inner workings and individual contribution of coaching staff), people should be open to either point of views. And if it all, the benefit of doubt should be given to people who work for the club and might know more about the topic that a random internet warrior. Exactly the opposite happens. People have certain very strong opinions based on fuck-all but idle perception and every motivation behind every action taken by the club/manager is twisted to suit their personal narrative. And a 'discussion' descends into petty 'debate'

I understand such divergences when we discuss on-pitch football related matters. But now we have people claiming they knew how much individual coaches contributed to the team and how much they challenged Brendan's opinion etc. etc. All I am saying, even if you have such an 'opinion', stop stating it like a fact and be open when someones points out the obvious lack of any evidence to support your 'opinion'.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The people on here claiming that Mike Marsh was made a scapegoat are just as bad as those claiming it was a good decision. None of us know what impact he had on the first team.   Wish him well, sure he won't be out of work for long,  but time will tell whether it may of been a good decision or not. Let's just see how it plays out without making unfounded accusation's

Totally agree.

Offline Bud P Austin

• The Hindu Hansen
  • Anny Roader
If we're having a reshuffle of the coaching staff, we should be trying to bring in Phil Thompson to be honest.

I'm all for Sami & Gary McAllister being given a shot too, but Phil's a winner, he won't take any shit, and is vastly experienced as an assistant and coach.

Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder made similar claims

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
First thing. All the best to Mike. Hope he manages to find employment elsewhere. It's never easy losing your job at a place that is close to your heart. But as mentioned by plenty of people, he's worked under some amazing managers at Liverpool. Hope other clubs see that and give him a chance

All we can hope and ask for is that he is qualified for the job, has top level experience and fits in to the clubs philosophy.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think Pascoe will go, if he does I'd be very surprised.

I've only ever heard positive things about him, as a man and as a coach; hard-working, knows his football, players like and respect him.  I know that he and Rodgers have a great understanding and working relationship so I don't see the sense in replacing him personally, make changes to the backroom by all means but dismissing the manager's right-hand man isn't going to be beneficial to Rodgers.

Hi Mrs. Pascoe. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

They should employ Phase of Play.

They've just sacked him. ;)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
You've got more chance of hearing a Scouse accent in Moss Side than Melwood these days...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
You've got more chance of hearing a Scouse accent in Moss Side than Melwood these days...

Thats certainly true of the scouting department. Lots moved from LFC to Man U over the past few years

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan

More likely klopp decided he wanted 6 months out and all of a sudden keeping Rodgers on became the sensible choice. If he truly has lost his touch klopp is still an option...it would write off a season perhaps but fsg have done that a number of times so I don't think they're fussed.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bit harsh getting rid of Marsh. Pascoe has to go also then.

I've said before that Rodgers current backroom staff offer him nothing.

It's always sad to hear someone lose their job but in Rodgers does need better support.

Pascoe has to go also or just getting rid of Marsh is pointless.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't care were they are from. I just want them to be really good coaches. A good experienced coach who has experience in dealing with squads who have to play European and domestic football would be a good start.

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
Sad to see Mike Marsh leave the club like this.
Dunno if he was contributing or floundering at this level, but he'd obviously impressed many different people in the club at various levels throughout his progression as a coach. I don't think it's necessary to have a scouse boot room but when you've got a guy who's given as much as he has and worked as hard as he appears to have, well I just think we should have found him another role within the set up.
There are legions of people who've taken a step too far too early in their career, but then bounced back to greater things - having seen him come up through the coaching ranks why are we so quick to toss him aside? Seems extreme to me.

Obviously interested now to see how their plan for replacement and further change moves on. If this is all being done around Brendan without his ful endorsement and commitment then it's never going to work.

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
Terrible news, at least marshy knows the club, was around it for years, we need people like him at the club, by all means appoint somebody else but keep Marshy as well