Author Topic: Mike Marsh's contract not renewed, Rodgers will reshuffle backroom staff  (Read 17691 times)

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
Quite funny how many on here know exactly what is required from our coaches and that it is good news that someone is leaving. Someone who supported the club, played for them, was a volunteer working with the kids, did his coaching badges with the club, promoted under Rafa, Kenny and Brendan, has basically done everything the way that you would want the club to work but an easy scapegoat for some who know nothing about what he has to offer nor his coaching techniques.

Fucken hilarious how much the c*nts in here think that they know and always have to have a say on matters they know fuck all about in reality.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Posted this in the BR thread ....

This could be just the beginning of a set of coaching and (hopefully) general club organisational changes. I hope it's a sign, not only of FSG insistance, but BR own reflection. I hope he takes it and does bring in someone who has stature and whom the players will respect professionally. I have always got the impression MMarsh and CPascoe were just nodding lapdogs on the side. I never once saw them approach Rodgers with any opinion or thought. If BR repeats his efforts of this season again he's gone so I think he'd be wise to sidestep arrogance and allign everything towards getting results. If he can contain himself and focus on preparing a team for the 38 cup finals we have next season then he gives himself the best chance at making his story and career at Anfield a success. Get someone else in to take the load off of him, particularly around the cups and the EL. He's tried it one way and really it has not worked, he's not stupid ... I hope.
I don't think this is the end of the changes either.
Modify message
I think if the people making decision have decided a shake-up is needed, it must be the required.  They would, hopefully, have a lot of behind the scenes info to help them make a good decision.
However, this cracked me up.  ;D "You never once saw them give any opinion" ? While you were shadowing them through their daily training sessions ? Or when you were stalking them while they had their coaching related discussions ? :P

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
Quite funny how many on here know exactly what is required from our coaches and that it is good news that someone is leaving. Someone who supported the club, played for them, was a volunteer working with the kids, did his coaching badges with the club, promoted under Rafa, Kenny and Brendan, has basically done everything the way that you would want the club to work but an easy scapegoat for some who know nothing about what he has to offer nor his coaching techniques.

Fucken hilarious how much the c*nts in here think that they know and always have to have a say on matters they know fuck all about in reality.
Have no idea if this is a good idea or not, but I think time will tell, and even then we won't know if he was a "problem".  Good chance Rodgers thinks it's a good idea or else he'd only be spiting himself.  We'll see what happens.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability

Indeed, speculation is par for the course on any football forum but the increasing certainty from a large number of posters about the inner workings of the club is difficult to read. It seems that personal opinion can be presented as axiomatic fact.

Seems to be really bad right now.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
Have no idea if this is a good idea or not, but I think time will tell, and even then we won't know if he was a "problem".  Good chance Rodgers thinks it's a good idea or else he'd only be spiting himself.  We'll see what happens.

Or it was the easiest thing to do seen as he was the onl member of the senior coaching staff that has history with the club, a lot of historry with the club.

But besides that, good decision or not, I haven't a fucken clue, what makes the knobs in here think that they are in a position to know if ot iis good or not and start bandying names for replacements as though it was a new right back we were looking for (not that they know fuck all about right backs either nut that doesn't stop them)? The place is comedy gold, they know fuck all about the club, instead of Bob, Joe, Ronnie or Roy, you know coaches who came through the ranks at the club. knew the club inside out, learned from multiple Liverpool managers, fuck knows what they would have of them. No doubt it'll be 'its a different era now', some values aren't easy to buy.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
I'll judge it on who we replace him with. The backroom staff has clearly been far too weak and I don't think Achterberg is good enough either or Colin Pascoe should be our number two. Marsh can't simply be a scapegoat for a shambles of a season.

Simply replacing Marsh with another rookie coach isn't going to cut it. We need a serious coach who has won things and is good on organisation and tactics. Rene Meulensteen would be ideal.

If it needs to be a Liverpool man then would Sammy Lee come back? Maybe Sami Hyypia at a push. Did well at Leverkusen as a coach before being appointed manager.  Sammy Lee as Rodgers' number two and Hyypia as defensive coach i'd be happy with. Meulensteen or Ayesteran would be great though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
Rearranging chairs on the Titanic? It stinks of fall guy to me.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
I'll judge it on who we replace him with. The backroom staff has clearly been far too weak and I don't think Achterberg is good enough either or Colin Pascoe should be our number two. Marsh can't simply be a scapegoat for a shambles of a season.

Simply replacing Marsh with another rookie coach isn't going to cut it. We need a serious coach who has won things and is good on organisation and tactics. Rene Meulensteen would be ideal.

If it needs to be a Liverpool man then would Sammy Lee come back? Maybe Sami Hyypia at a push. Did well at Leverkusen as a coach before being appointed manager.  Sammy Lee as Rodgers' number two and Hyypia as defensive coach i'd be happy with. Meulensteen or Ayesteran would be great though.
Problem with all  those you mention;  would Rodgers resent the fact that they all have much more experience than him on the European stage , or come to that proven winners (at picking up trophies.)?

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
What is the role of Rodgers, pascoe and marsh???

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Problem with all  those you mention;  would Rodgers resent the fact that they all have much more experience than him on the European stage , or come to that proven winners (at picking up trophies.)?

This is the problem though. It's how we ended up with such a weak backroom staff in the first place  y Rodgers not wanting anyone more proven than him as a coach. So replacing Marsh with someone of similar ilk would just be a clear case of being seen to be doing something.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
A fall guy.doubt they will replace him knowing that whoever they hire may well require a full payout if our season starts poorly
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We need better coaches and people to challenge Brendan.  Pascoe should go for me too

I want carragher involved.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
Posted this in the BR thread ....

This could be just the beginning of a set of coaching and (hopefully) general club organisational changes. I hope it's a sign, not only of FSG insistance, but BR own reflection. I hope he takes it and does bring in someone who has stature and whom the players will respect professionally. I have always got the impression MMarsh and CPascoe were just nodding lapdogs on the side. I never once saw them approach Rodgers with any opinion or thought.
Modify message

Is this why the wall is getting built at Melwood? To stop you and your 24 hour stalking of the coaching staff. Pompous beyond belief.

Always liked Marsh, was unlucky with injuries and obviously someone thought he was good enough to coach the 1st team.

I think the club should get a few experts off here to run the team.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
How the hell would anyone know on here that the backroom staff is 'too weak' ?

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
Nobody knows the abilities of the coaching staff behind the scenes. As previously mentioned, this looks to be a fall guy situation. Rodgers had his review and may well have hung people out to save his own neck. We'll never know but it can't be ruled out.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How the hell would anyone know on here that the backroom staff is 'too weak' ?

We witnessed last seasons debacle.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
We need better coaches and people to challenge Brendan.  Pascoe should go for me too

I want carragher involved.

Yes you are right, we need proven coaches. No contradiction in there at all is there?

FFS this place?

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
We witnessed last seasons debacle.

What did you see exactly? Was Shankly's 7 years without a trophy down to Paisley?

Most, if not all, know fuck all about what they are talking about but don't let that get in the way

• Legacy Fan
Yes you are right, we need proven coaches. No contradiction in there at all is there?

FFS this place?

This place? Do yourself a favour and delete your account. Your self given super fan title is obviously not suited to internet forums.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
This place? Do yourself a favour and delete your account. Your self given super fan title is obviously not suited to internet forums.

Certainly not suited to the wamkers that populate this one, mind I don't expect them to see the irony in a line claiming we need experienced coaches followed by one saying bring in a telly pundit without any experience in coaching.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 07:08:48 am by john_mac »

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What did you see exactly? Was Shankly's 7 years without a trophy down to Paisley?

Most, if not all, know fuck all about what they are talking about but don't let that get in the way

I watched us in Europe, watched us have no freaking idea what we were doing.. That all stemed from a complete lack of experience not only the players but the management team who should be better.

I don't know what Marsh does behind the scenes, I'm not going to profess I do, but I believe last season, especially the terrible showing in Europe showed we needed to bring in some experience to help Rodgers as he seems pretty clueless.

You can swear and disrespect your fellow fan all you want John, you can quite easily flip your comments and ask how do you know Marsh did anything of note? No-one knows anything, but this is a football forum where we discuss you've guessed it.. Liverpool.. Funny really last time I was at the match, was sat at my mates flat having a beer before hand and we were all discussing the coaching staff and if it was good enough.. The 3 guys I was with - from Liverpool, had season tickets in their family for 30 years or so.. But you keep harping your bleating little agenda against the actual premise of this forum.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan

I don't know what Marsh does behind the scenes,

That should be enough to tell anybody that neither you nor i know if it is a good thing.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That should be enough to tell anybody that neither you nor i know if it is a good thing.

Of course John, but doesn't hurt discussing the merits of either side of the arguement eh? This is what a forum is pretty much about.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
Opinions not welcome on this forum, just the facts. Of which we have none. Just hearsay and conjecture. On an internet  forum. Ban this malarkey now!
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree that the way people are lunging for scapegoats is sad, and none of us on the forum know enough to say whether it's a good thing or not, but if we're being fair, it seems more like people are reacting to the idea that last season's performances were extremely poor at all levels, including presumably the coaching context, and that this is a marker of some much-needed change.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
Well they had to sack someone. Marsh was the most senior person they could sack without having to start sacking from their cozy little gang of incompetents.

We'll be alright now, one of the worst finishes to a season in living memory and being 5-0 down at half time to Stoke was all down to Mike.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
Of course John, but doesn't hurt discussing the merits of either side of the arguement eh? This is what a forum is pretty much about.

What is it about? Discussing things that we know fuck all about as though we are authorities on the subject? Talking about people's contributions when we know fuck all about them?

As it happens this happens to be someone who actually cares about the club, has come through in the proper way, right through the coaching ranks under various managers who have seen enough in him to promote him ( Rafa made him full time, Kenny and Rodgers promoted him, Rodgers on Kenny's recommendation).

This is someone who will be deeply upset this morning, while the pricks in here pick the bones out of it whilst bleating over Raheem's Man U offer, it stinks to me.

Appears to me that a proper Liverpool person is being used as a scapegoat by the club which doesn't sit well, but the attitude to it in here? Well it doesn't sit well with me
« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 07:25:25 am by john_mac »

• Legacy Fan
You're speculating on something you know fuck all about

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What is it about? Discussing things that we know fuck all about as though we are authorities on the subject? Talking about people's contributions when we know fuck all about them?

As it happens this happens to be someone who actually cares about the club, has come through in the proper way, right through the coaching ranks under various managers who have seen enough in him to promote him ( Rafa made him full time, Kenny and Rodgers promoted him, Rodgers on Kenny's recommendation).

This is someone who will be deeply upset this morning, while the pricks in here pick the bones out of it whilst bleating over Raheem's Man U offer, it stinks to me.

Appears to me that a proper Liverpool person is being used as a scapegoat by the club which doesn't sit well, but the attitude to it in here? Well it doesn't sit well with me

Then don't post do everyone and yourself a favour, you obviously detest this forum as every single post is full of virtual and venom towards your fellow supporter.. In fact.. I'll just pop you on ignore, you offer nothing of note.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
You're speculating on something you know fuck all about
Isn't that what all this forum malarky is for?

Good luck Mike.
You were nearly a league winning coach.
Cheers.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
Considering Marsh was promoted by Rodgers it is strange him now being sacked. After all Rodgers must've seen something in Marsh he liked as a coach. Surely if it hasn't worked out then Marsh should've been offered another roll at the club?

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
Considering Marsh was promoted by Rodgers it is strange him now being sacked. Surely if it hasn't worked out then Marsh should've been offered another roll at the club?
Sausage?
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

FFS this place?

I didn't say proven I said better. It's my opinion that carragher would be better even though he's less experience in coaching he's been coached by some brilliant managers and I'm sure he's picked up a few things along his way, more so than pascoe

At least carragher might of been some help in Europe considering he's won all there is to win and knows what it takes to win, what does pascoe know ? less than Rodgers about continental and top flight football and Rodgers knows less than carragher about that too. Fact is we have lack of experience both on and off the field, at least Jamie has some

« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 07:45:13 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
Then don't post do everyone and yourself a favour, you obviously detest this forum as every single post is full of virtual and venom towards your fellow supporter.. In fact.. I'll just pop you on ignore, you offer nothing of note.

Boss

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
Must have been in brendans envelope :D

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
Mike Marsh - Sacrificial Fall Guy!

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
I didn't say proven I said better. It's my opinion that carragher would be better even though he's less experience in coaching he's been coached by some brilliant managers and I'm sure he's picked up a few things along his way, more so than pascoe

Have missed something and Pascoe has left and we are looking to replace him? I thought we were talking about Mick Marsh

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Have missed something and Pascoe has left and we are looking to replace him? I thought we were talking about Mick Marsh

You quoted my post, in that post I said we need better coaches. The hierarchy think so too, I also said Pascoe should go as for example somebody like carragher would be a good voice in your ear as he knows how to see a game out, do a job in Europe away from.home, basically how to win games of football, secondly do you belive Carragher couldn't run training sessions given he learnt from one of the best their is over the course of five years.

Your a fucking miserable nark. Just look at your post history half of it is full of calling other people wankers or know it all`s because they have an opinion.

Here's Roy Hendo giving his opinion

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-qa-fans-give-9389247
Not one of them knows but they are giving their opinion

Now go and give them some fucking grief.

« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 07:56:33 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
This may look like positive news and a good move to me if i actually knew what his role was and why he has been let go.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
should employ a defensive coach,   Alan Hansen or Sammi Hyypia to get some sort of order from the worst defence since Souness era as coach, the best centre half we currently have ( and he's by no means a great player )  they are fcuking about with his contract

the club is a joke from the owners down,   creaming the ££££s    but have the ace of buying us and saving us,  they got no ambition to match ours,  but the money is there