Author Topic: Fallout (4, 76, general chat)  (Read 94580 times)

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: Fallout 4 - please be considerate and use spoiler tags!
« Reply #360 on: November 11, 2015, 09:29:01 am »
Spoiler
Where did you get the key from? I think I found one in the first town near your home and that opened the crate fish described. But I think you also get a key from Jared and that opens a safe in the room where he's staying. I think it's basically below his room (the one with his computer terminal in it). Right at the wall there's a wood board with "Keep out" written on it. There's a safe on the right just behind the board...
[close]

Spoiler
oh I didn't think of going back to the town. I'll have a hunt around there then.
[close]

I already in love and partly obesssed with this game.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: November 11, 2015, 09:40:48 am »
Played it for about 3 hours last night. Only just finished the Concord quest. Will probably just be exploring for a while now though, don't like blasting through the main mission of these sort of games too quickly.

Must admit I never really got into Fallout 3. I was always more of an Elder Scrolls type of person, but I am really enjoying this. I'm only playing it on 'Hard' so far but I've been absolutely destroyed a few times. Can't really decide on which class' Also have no idea what items are useful/useless so have been hoarding everything to be honest.

9/10

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #362 on: November 11, 2015, 09:54:26 am »
Spoiler
oh I didn't think of going back to the town. I'll have a hunt around there then.
[close]

I already in love and partly obesssed with this game.

Spoiler
Didn't mean in the town. The safe is in the Assembly Plant right in that big room where you kill Jared...
[close]

Offline quirkovski

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: November 11, 2015, 10:16:46 am »
I lost mine too! He's not injured he just disappeared. It wasn't until I'd moved on that I found a dog collar and thought "Hey maybe I can put this on my... dog?".

I had to give up in the end, started a new game, only took an hour or so to get to roughly the point i was at.  The dog has stayed with me so far on this new game.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: November 11, 2015, 10:30:11 am »
I had to give up in the end, started a new game, only took an hour or so to get to roughly the point i was at.  The dog has stayed with me so far on this new game.

Haha, I walked back through Concord to get to a mission and found him sat in the street chilling out, about four hours after I'd lost him.

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #365 on: November 11, 2015, 10:34:08 am »
Spoiler
Didn't mean in the town. The safe is in the Assembly Plant right in that big room where you kill Jared...
[close]

Oh I see in the big room with the protection? I couldn't find it. I'll have another look mate, thanks.

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
« Reply #366 on: November 11, 2015, 11:15:40 am »
What's the thoughts on the new dialogue system? Haven't got the game yet but from what I'm reading it's as I feared, ruining the roleplaying quite a bit.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: November 11, 2015, 11:34:40 am »
What's the thoughts on the new dialogue system? Haven't got the game yet but from what I'm reading it's as I feared, ruining the roleplaying quite a bit.

Very Mass Effect-ish. Basically it's been streamlined, for lack of a better word.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #368 on: November 11, 2015, 11:44:53 am »
Are we going to share Bobble Head locations?

I have 2 so far, although you literally can't miss one of them as it's part of the main story....

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #369 on: November 11, 2015, 11:48:21 am »
Played it for about 3 hours last night. Only just finished the Concord quest. Will probably just be exploring for a while now though, don't like blasting through the main mission of these sort of games too quickly.

Must admit I never really got into Fallout 3. I was always more of an Elder Scrolls type of person, but I am really enjoying this. I'm only playing it on 'Hard' so far but I've been absolutely destroyed a few times. Can't really decide on which class' Also have no idea what items are useful/useless so have been hoarding everything to be honest.

9/10

think just about everything has a use, you can't really tell when you pick an item up but if you check it in your inventory it'll tell you what components it breaks down into, even weapons and armour that are no use to you can be scrapped into components for crafting

as i posted on the last page, once you've cleared all the enemies out of an area it's worth using fast travel to go back and forth a few times to get all the loot and dump it in a workbench or you can drop items on the floor within a workbench's boundary and scrap them

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #370 on: November 11, 2015, 11:48:51 am »

I have 2 so far, although you literally can't miss one of them as it's part of the main story....

I found;

Spoiler
first one at the Minutemen hideout, and 2nd one when clearing the satellite location for abenathy farm.
[close]

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: November 11, 2015, 11:52:59 am »
Very Mass Effect-ish. Basically it's been streamlined, for lack of a better word.

I never played those, so is that a bad thing? I thought it was sound on the last one.

I've not managed to play it yet but will do tonight. Read a lot of people complaining about how you build and manage your settlements, is it as tedious as some are making out?

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: November 11, 2015, 11:53:46 am »

Forgot how they work. It's enough if I pick them up to get the bonus, right? And afterwards I can just put them on that shiny Bobblehead-desk-thingy you can build?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: November 11, 2015, 11:58:49 am »
Haven't played much of it so far thanks to the other half playing it. :butt
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: November 11, 2015, 12:00:56 pm »
Really got stuck into it last night, and it's everything I expected it to be. Interesting story so far, side quests are fun and the freedom to do what you want is as expected, no limits.

Also think it looks fantastic despite strange complaints about the graphics.

The base building system is fun, and makes sure you pick up all the useless crap in the wasteland, although is there a way you can get more people to your settlements? Doesn't seem much having a settlement of 5 people.

build a recruitment radio beacon and power generator, preston gives you a quest which teaches you how to do it anyway

once you start doing it you need to keep an eye on all your settlements though and make sure you provide them with what they need cos the lazy bastards won't do it themselves ;)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: November 11, 2015, 12:02:07 pm »
I found;

Spoiler
first one at the Minutemen hideout, and 2nd one when clearing the satellite location for abenathy farm.
[close]
Oooohhh....
Spoiler
My 2nd one was right at the top of the corvega assembly plant you get sent to clear out, up on the walkways, in the farthest corner from where you emerge on the roof.

I cleared that satellite (the one up behind the quarry?) but didn't find a Bobble Head. Was it in the bunker or above ground?
[close]
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 12:05:02 pm by Titisy Camarasy »

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: November 11, 2015, 12:03:43 pm »

Spoiler
the repair bobblehead which gives 10% longer lasting fusion cores, found it on top of one of the platforms outside corvega assembly plant
[close]

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: November 11, 2015, 12:04:22 pm »
Forgot how they work. It's enough if I pick them up to get the bonus, right? And afterwards I can just put them on that shiny Bobblehead-desk-thingy you can build?
Yep you get a bonus straight off, just pick it up, it will show in your inventory but it doesn't weigh anything.....no idea about the desk though.....

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: November 11, 2015, 12:05:05 pm »
Anyone know of any mods to improve the graphics? 5-hours in, loving it.

To answer my own question: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D40&pUp=1
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 12:20:24 pm by Twelfth Man »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: November 11, 2015, 12:27:21 pm »
Yep you get a bonus straight off, just pick it up, it will show in your inventory but it doesn't weigh anything.....no idea about the desk though.....

The desk works. I just had forgotten whether I got the bonus straight away or whether I had to carry them around all the time or "use" them. Have built myself a nice little house in Sanctuary (well, it's a wooden shack with a bed, a chair, a crate and the bobblehead-desk in it ;)). And yes, the people living there are fucking lazy bastards... They can't be arsed doing anything and expect me to build their defences after spending a day getting my arse kicked by Ghouls... :)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: November 11, 2015, 12:31:12 pm »
Just done the opening stuff

Spoiler
Finally got the power suit, then some huge Deathclaw showed up, murdered my dog, and killed me. Is that meant to happen?  ;D
[close]
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: November 11, 2015, 12:34:14 pm »

Spoiler
Finally got the power suit, then some huge Deathclaw showed up, murdered my dog, and killed me. Is that meant to happen?  ;D
[close]
Maybe a bit of a fanny but....
Spoiler
I took the raiders out from the roof, then dropped down in the suit, edged forward till the big fucker popped up and then got inside the shop sharpish and shot him full of hot lead from the inside out! ;D ;D ;D ;D
[close]

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: November 11, 2015, 12:35:09 pm »
I've been playing a day and a half now.
I'm not sure this is the best game I've ever played.
Maybe the hype got me expecting too much.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: November 11, 2015, 12:36:54 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
Yes! rinse and repeat about 50 times...
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: November 11, 2015, 12:43:04 pm »
Maybe a bit of a fanny but....
Spoiler
I took the raiders out from the roof, then dropped down in the suit, edged forward till the big fucker popped up and then got inside the shop sharpish and shot him full of hot lead from the inside out! ;D ;D ;D ;D
[close]

A bit?  ;D Real men face their fate head on all miniguns blazing  ;)
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: November 11, 2015, 12:49:07 pm »
A bit?  ;D Real men face their fate head on all miniguns blazing  ;)
Expect that fate to be death on repeat ;D :wave

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: November 11, 2015, 12:59:49 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Use the cars to your advantage as well. Get the Deathclaw behind one/near one if you can and then shoot them to blow them up.
[close]

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: November 11, 2015, 01:08:11 pm »
I saw a bobblehead near the start but i didnt pick it up, wasnt sure what they are for, cant remember where the hell it was now!!

Loving the game though, reminds me of fallout 3, i was made up when I heard the bongo bongo song on the radio again

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #388 on: November 11, 2015, 01:24:30 pm »
They add a point to your special stats.

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #389 on: November 11, 2015, 01:25:19 pm »
Oooohhh....
Spoiler
My 2nd one was right at the top of the corvega assembly plant you get sent to clear out, up on the walkways, in the farthest corner from where you emerge on the roof.

I cleared that satellite (the one up behind the quarry?) but didn't find a Bobble Head. Was it in the bunker or above ground?
[close]

Don't mind me - that's where it was.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #390 on: November 11, 2015, 01:33:35 pm »
build a recruitment radio beacon and power generator, preston gives you a quest which teaches you how to do it anyway

once you start doing it you need to keep an eye on all your settlements though and make sure you provide them with what they need cos the lazy bastards won't do it themselves ;)

Cheers, worked it out now ;)

Think I'll just concentrate on building one powerful base, instead of multiple weak ones.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: November 11, 2015, 02:48:14 pm »
Is there a way to "manage" the settlements? I mean, I've completed the tasks for Sturges that basically get you started with the building and crafting, but can I build a house and tell them "That's where all you guys sleep" and then build a house for myself or something like that? So far, I've just put the beds in the first building you have. Is there a way to reshape or redo that?

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: November 11, 2015, 03:26:33 pm »
It's arrived!

Hold my calls, let the baby shit the bed and we're having a chippy tea as there's no way I'm wasting time cooking, the time has come for nuclear apocalypse and nothing is going to stop me. Oh wait, the plumbers on his way. Hopefully he can keep the Mrs happy while I get stuck into this!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: November 11, 2015, 03:36:23 pm »
anybody done the quest
Spoiler
where you have to clear the ghouls out of the national guard training yard? managed to kill a couple of legendary ghouls as well as the bog standard ones but there's this glowing thing with a red skull next to it's name & health bar that's destroying me everytime, i'm level 10 at the moment so maybe need to go and level up a bit before taking it on again
[close]

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #394 on: November 11, 2015, 03:54:32 pm »
Random thoughts after 6-7 hours of playing (no spoilers):

Controls and interface are killing me (sometimes literally). One menu is closed with Tab, another one with Esc and another one with Enter, stupid. Also different actions bound to the same key (thanks consoles); you want to open building interface? Hold V for 5 seconds. Oh you didn't hold it long enough? Let's change your camera and hold it for 5 more seconds. Oh you want to melee a ghoul? Too bad, you held the button for too long, let's drop a grenade right under your feet. Took me 5 level ups to figure out how to scroll the perk chart :D

Same old engine with same old glitches - NPCs wandering through the walls, poor animations, etc. After I planted some fruit for Sturges he teleported on some house roof and I had to reload an earlier save to complete the task.

Dialogue options are too simplified. Yes/No/Sarcastic? How am I supposed to know what sarcastic reply means in this specific situation?

In the game where literally every single item can be of use they didn't bother to display items' weight and value when you look at them.

Graphics are better than I expected, antialiasing is awesome. Absolutely no jagged edges anywhere, very pretty. Colors are great too, FO3 and FONV looked terrible.

Shooting is very satisfying now but as it's common to be attacked by 10+ enemies at the same time the game is like 85% shooter now.

Also not quite feeling the main character, I mean he's not really fussed he overslept by 200 years. And I wish they'd make some small mission to teach you about crafting/upgrading because it's weird that I can do all that with technology I am unfamiliar with.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: November 11, 2015, 04:11:05 pm »
Controls and interface are killing me (sometimes literally). One menu is closed with Tab, another one with Esc and another one with Enter, stupid. Also different actions bound to the same key (thanks consoles); you want to open building interface? Hold V for 5 seconds. Oh you didn't hold it long enough? Let's change your camera and hold it for 5 more seconds. Oh you want to melee a ghoul? Too bad, you held the button for too long, let's drop a grenade right under your feet. Took me 5 level ups to figure out how to scroll the perk chart :D

Dialogue options are too simplified. Yes/No/Sarcastic? How am I supposed to know what sarcastic reply means in this specific situation?

Same here. The controls are as wank as you can get. I have no idea how anyone would have tested them in QA saying "Yeah, they're fine." It's not even stuff like multiple things being bound to the same key, which I could kind of live with. It's completely insane stuff like you've mentioned with the various ways of leaving a menu or something like that. Same goes for movement being on "WASD" but the dialogue choices being on the arrow keys. Fuck that...

Dialogue options are another thing where I have no idea how someone thought that would be a good idea. As you've said, at times it's very hard finding out what the actual reply will be. What makes that even worse is that there are dialogues where you only get an opportunity to say or ask something once. So you have to make a choice without really knowing what that choice will be in the end. Stupid...

Same old engine with same old glitches - NPCs wandering through the walls, poor animations, etc. After I planted some fruit for Sturges he teleported on some house roof and I had to reload an earlier save to complete the task.

Don't agree with that. Happened for me with Preston. He ended up standing on a house. However, you don't reload in that situation. You build a set of stairs and walk right up to that fucker... ;)

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #396 on: November 11, 2015, 04:16:43 pm »
Just got this, first time ever playing a Fallout game! Just wondering, how did you guys spend your points on stats at the start? I've read mixed things online that seem to indicate that you should spend the majority of points on Intelligence & Luck. Any help for a first time player would be greatly appreciated.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: November 11, 2015, 04:38:50 pm »
Same here. The controls are as wank as you can get. I have no idea how anyone would have tested them in QA saying "Yeah, they're fine." It's not even stuff like multiple things being bound to the same key, which I could kind of live with. It's completely insane stuff like you've mentioned with the various ways of leaving a menu or something like that. Same goes for movement being on "WASD" but the dialogue choices being on the arrow keys. Fuck that...

As a former game tester I can almost guarantee the controls were complained about incessantly during testing and probably flagged repeatedly, only to find the issue ignored.

Dialogue options are another thing where I have no idea how someone thought that would be a good idea. As you've said, at times it's very hard finding out what the actual reply will be. What makes that even worse is that there are dialogues where you only get an opportunity to say or ask something once. So you have to make a choice without really knowing what that choice will be in the end. Stupid...

I'm expecting someone to very quickly try to fix this with a mod if it's possible.

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #398 on: November 11, 2015, 05:22:40 pm »
I found the Bobblehead How do you equip it? Or is it automatic?

Spoiler that buddy.

You just get the point / bonus automatically.  Don't even need to keep the bobblehead on your person either.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: November 11, 2015, 05:28:23 pm »
Spoiler that buddy.

You just get the point / bonus automatically.  Don't even need to keep the bobblehead on your person either.
Cool, deleted. How do you do spoiler tags again?