Author Topic: Farewell day, sponsored by Sterling  (Read 558837 times)

Offline tripred

• "I'll be willing to get bummed by a goat ... just saying like"
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • YNWA
Re: Farewell day, sponsored by Sterling
« Reply #9200 on: May 24, 2015, 01:13:47 pm »
Is it just me I keep reading the thread title as......

......... 'Farewell, My Lovely'.

?

just you ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9201 on: May 24, 2015, 01:15:43 pm »
His bro didn't deny them.

Look, Liverpool FC as a business will be testing the water to see who wants to join them as after a season of failure.

Kloppp, De Beor, Klinnsman would all of been sounded out.

It was Hicks and Gillett that wanted Klinsmann

Offline Redondos Barber

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9202 on: May 24, 2015, 01:18:57 pm »
Here's a thought I had under the haze of a lager and lamb bhuna Saturday. People are assuming that Benteke, if we're after him, is Rodgers call. But what if it isn't? What if the next manager is already in place, and they have identified Benteke as the player they want up front?
Timmmyyyyyy!!!!

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9203 on: May 24, 2015, 01:27:14 pm »

I heard on taw that depay wanted and was ready to sign for Liverpool but we procrastinated/pulled out is this true? I hadn't heard anything after the news came true that he went to udt.
If so is it just more evidence of our inability to do deals or something deeper.

It was reported that we flew him over on a private jet, and had quite extensive talks with him.

Then all of a sudden he signs for Utd, and Brendan is telling us "We weren't interested"

The cynical in me says we agreed a price, got the player to a point he was happy to come, then tried to renegotiate with his club, or, something drastic happened in the 2/3 days between us 'agreeing' a deal, and him signing for Utd.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #9204 on: May 24, 2015, 01:27:32 pm »
I heard on taw that depay wanted and was ready to sign for Liverpool but we procrastinated/pulled out is this true? I hadn't heard anything after the news came true that he went to udt.
If so is it just more evidence of our inability to do deals or something deeper.

He'd been linked to United and Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal since last year, never read anything about them losing interest? Think this was a similar case to Sanchez last year. Player thats already been tapped up that we naively believe we can poach. All our interest did was make United move faster, he was always going there.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9205 on: May 24, 2015, 01:30:32 pm »
PSG were meant to be confident of securing Depay. Think we would have been his 3rd choice to be honest.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9206 on: May 24, 2015, 01:38:59 pm »
These for me are all 7 outfield 10m+ players scouts recommended imo :

Coutinho, Sturridge, Can, Sakho, Markovic, Moreno, Balotelli.

We all know that historically transfers work 50% of the time at best and imo they got 4 out of 7 more than right here with Balotelli as the only mistake an with Markovic and Moreno more than capable to build on their first season and prove major successes.

So yeah imo scouts are doing more than good job , they managed to acquire some proper gems above so yeah Rodgers` influence should definitely be diminished imo - and of any other manager as well for that matter.
Not having a go at you mate but do you think giving Rodgers a list of Remy, Balotelli and Eto'o after missing out on Sanchez is good enough?

Also was Razza given a new nickname of Powderpuff yesterday? Love it.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9207 on: May 24, 2015, 01:41:13 pm »
Not having a go at you mate but do you think giving Rodgers a list of Remy, Balotelli and Eto'o after missing out on Sanchez is good enough?

Also was Razza given a new nickname of Powderpuff yesterday? Love it.

Balotelli was never on any list really, he was just a panic buy.

Assuming Rodgers didn't veto a big set of names, the list of candidates to replace Luis last season just wasn't enough.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #9208 on: May 24, 2015, 01:44:26 pm »
Another look at why Sterlings production is so special at his age

http://gu.com/p/4976v/stw
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:45:57 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #9209 on: May 24, 2015, 01:46:31 pm »
He's not staying even for 900K, no point talking up his messianic qualities anymore.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #9210 on: May 24, 2015, 01:46:51 pm »
Like I said few times one single problem in this club is closing deals. As I`ve shown in my quoted post scouting is good enough. Coaching is good enough. Management of the club is good enough. Conclusion of deals is NOT good enough.

Had we closed 20% of deals for players we had bid for we`d be right up top with Chelsea right now and considering we have a manager who knows what to do with good attacking players I reckon we`d be watching some spectacular football in the process.

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
« Reply #9211 on: May 24, 2015, 01:48:40 pm »
PSG were meant to be confident of securing Depay. Think we would have been his 3rd choice to be honest.

Just listen to it again and they said that depay himself has said this.

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #9212 on: May 24, 2015, 01:49:11 pm »
Having now heard so much about Benteke, Ings and Milner, how would it look this time next week if we suddenly changed tact and started getting linked with a different set of players? 

It would look like FSG are sorting things out.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9213 on: May 24, 2015, 01:49:35 pm »
He's not staying even for 900K, no point talking up his messianic qualities anymore.

Yeah, I bet he wouldn't.
 :D
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #9214 on: May 24, 2015, 01:51:22 pm »

It's like we just can't be bothered....what the fuck are our scouts actually being paid to do?

Our scouts look at and recommend loads of players. It's the committee and owners who decide who to buy

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9215 on: May 24, 2015, 01:55:02 pm »
Our scouts look at and recommend loads of players. It's the committee and owners who decide who to buy
Apart from transfer kitty, the rounders aficionados should have zero say in who we buy. Some reports suggested that they wanted Balotelli, and were not pleased when Rodgers was not playing him. Brendan then picked him for a number of games, and we all know how that turned out. 
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9216 on: May 24, 2015, 01:55:56 pm »
Falcao apparently available on reduced wages  :-X

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9217 on: May 24, 2015, 01:56:41 pm »
It would look like FSG are sorting things out.

By over-ruling Rodgers.  Which, in my opinion, would in turn mean either Rodgers is gone or that his future is in serious doubt.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #9218 on: May 24, 2015, 01:56:42 pm »

the manager is involved in the time before the committee and owners discuss apparently - 'first'

And he is presented with the list and decides who he wants to buy - 'and last say'

Said manager also thinks the committee is doing good work, he likes the structure in place and he trusts the members of the committee.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #9219 on: May 24, 2015, 01:57:23 pm »
Falcao apparently available on reduced wages  :-X

Place your bets MLS or Turkey ....

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #9220 on: May 24, 2015, 01:58:03 pm »

We all know that historically transfers work 50% of the time at best

Do we?

Sounds like a made up number to me

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9221 on: May 24, 2015, 01:58:33 pm »

Plenty of talent in the Bundesliga too, players who are perfect for us, good value, and won't be eyeing up Real Madrid/Barca/PSG, nor will they develop too much interest from the four ahead of us. Geis, Volland, Draxler, Xhaka, Kramer, and not to mention the many promising goalkeepers...

Geis especially, probably the most perfect player for that DM role, and could fill some of Gerrard's roles, such as free-kicks. Shame, he looks like he may be off to Dortmund.
I don't get it either. They're physically built for this league, athletic, good on the ball and wouldn't command ridiculous wages  and yet we have no interest in any of them.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #9222 on: May 24, 2015, 01:58:40 pm »
To be fair he's been trying to make Mario run in behind since he arrived, but it just hasn't happened. He can't really tell Lambert not to do that because he doesn't have the speed to run in behind.

But he got him to mark on corners.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #9223 on: May 24, 2015, 01:59:11 pm »
I just really want us to try sign Bellarabi
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9224 on: May 24, 2015, 01:59:12 pm »
Ah, but have we offered him £900K a week? Because if we haven't then it does show a lack of ambition by the club.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9225 on: May 24, 2015, 01:59:27 pm »
Place your bets MLS or Turkey ....

Are those my only options?

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #9226 on: May 24, 2015, 02:00:01 pm »
You can tell them until you're blue in the face, but it's hard to break habits. The only solution is to drop players and try something different. But then the manager gets criticised for doing that as well :D

Borini is no huge talent, but he doesn't play on the toes of the midfielders. Surely he would have been a better tactical option with Sterling and Coutinho in the number 10 role or Borini alongside Ballotelli. Instead we got Ballotelli on his own instead of paired with any of Borini, Markovic, Sterling, Ibe.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:02:27 pm by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9227 on: May 24, 2015, 02:00:05 pm »
Sterling is on the bench.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #9228 on: May 24, 2015, 02:01:40 pm »
Yeah, I bet he wouldn't.
:D
He's not a money grabbin' 20-yo mate, it's all about the ambition to win things. It's not about the houses and the cars he's going to buy.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9229 on: May 24, 2015, 02:02:49 pm »

Shouldn't be anywhere near the bench.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #9230 on: May 24, 2015, 02:06:19 pm »

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9231 on: May 24, 2015, 02:07:33 pm »
Sterling shouldn't have even made the bench imo.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9232 on: May 24, 2015, 02:08:15 pm »

Good practise for next season.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9233 on: May 24, 2015, 02:09:21 pm »
Shouldn't be anywhere near the bench.

Suarez played a pre-season friendly during the Arsenal shit-storm, so there is previous in that regard.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #9234 on: May 24, 2015, 02:13:01 pm »
the manager is involved in the time before the committee and owners discuss apparently - 'first'

And he is presented with the list and decides who he wants to buy - 'and last say'

Said manager also thinks the committee is doing good work, he likes the structure in place and he trusts the members of the committee.

Just because he says it doesn't mean it's true

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #9235 on: May 24, 2015, 02:14:04 pm »
the disrespectful little twat shouldn't be on the team sheet...would much rather have plucked one of the kids out of the the academy and gave him his shirt...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #9236 on: May 24, 2015, 02:15:57 pm »
the disrespectful little twat shouldn't be on the team sheet...would much rather have plucked one of the kids out of the the academy and gave him his shirt...

Or Johnson. He deserves a farewell.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #9237 on: May 24, 2015, 02:20:53 pm »
Here, educate yourself :

http://tomkinstimes.com/2014/06/tomkins-law-only-40-of-transfers-succeed/

I've read it before, it's largely an attempt to estimate whether a signing was value for money, but as it doesn't take into account the importance of their contribution to the club it doesn't really say whether a transfer 'worked' or not. E,g Dwight Yorke is rated as a colossal waste of money, yet he was one of the best strikers in Europe for a couple of years, and United won many trophies with him. He definitely worked, as Tomkins points out.

His alternative is just him deciding whether or not he thinks a player 'worked'. I'd rather not rely on Tomkins as the arbiter of which transfers have worked or not. Certainly not to then use his findings as a statistical fact.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:22:24 pm by Loo Pan »

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #9238 on: May 24, 2015, 02:21:46 pm »
Or Johnson. He deserves a farewell.

Is right
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #9239 on: May 24, 2015, 02:22:06 pm »
Rodgers should order Sterling to run up and down the line in a pretend-warm-up every 10 mins - just for the abuse.