Author Topic: FSG (*)  (Read 840990 times)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Good article from TAW on FSG
« Reply #600 on: April 12, 2015, 05:56:37 pm »
Loads of ways of doing it, here's another - window sales, allied to a new Local Membership and tighter link between ticket and person but whatever is suggested the mood is shifting and visitors days are numbered in the numbers they are coming per game.

Am I a visitor.

I haven't been able to attend for a few years due to wife's work patterns.

But travelling 42 miles every fortnight. Getting in via membership because I went every game ?

On the ST waiting list for 13 years and relinquishing my spot because I disagreed with FSG's new scheme, having to pay 400 quid for CL tickets even though I attended every home game but couldn't show away games on my card, even though I'd attended them paying serious money and having to sit in with the home fans. I guarantee I've put more into supporting LFC than lots of 'locals', and there'll be a lot more that have gone to greater extremes, and spent a lot more money doing so.

Do we just get cast aside now ?

Real fucking supporters.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #601 on: April 12, 2015, 05:57:21 pm »
A student who has committed three years to the city and is contributing to the economy and community is preferable to someone who has loved the Club from Australia say over 40 years , knows the songs, has all the shirts and wants to come once a year.

Sorry.

An again I'd be happy for a level of membership that was say just L postcodes (the purple bin point).

Sorry again.
The problem here is you seem to think that if you you make access to LFC prescriptive it will encourage a better class of fan. My point is you can't jusdge the quality of the fan by the location like you do.

The second point about the local economy has nothing to do with LFC and seems to be a personal viewpoint that lends nothing to the argument.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: April 12, 2015, 06:04:22 pm »
A student who has committed three years to the city and is contributing to the economy and community is preferable to someone who has loved the Club from Australia say over 40 years , knows the songs, has all the shirts and wants to come once a year.

Sorry.

An again I'd be happy for a level of membership that was say just L postcodes (the purple bin point).

Sorry again.

So you think I should pay more because of my job and address being away from the City of Liverpool and yet being a season ticket holder?

Seems fair!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #603 on: April 12, 2015, 06:05:18 pm »

Sorry again.

Not all L postcodes have purple bins as not all L postcodes come under LCC.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: April 12, 2015, 06:07:14 pm »
So you think I should pay more because of my job and address being away from the City of Liverpool and yet being a season ticket holder?

Seems fair!
Apparently those who spend money in Liverpool deserve to be rewarded first! Lets fill the Kop with corporates, at least they spend their money in the local economy! It does sound like something FSG woiuld approve of and all.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #605 on: April 12, 2015, 06:18:14 pm »
Am I a visitor.

I haven't been able to attend for a few years due to wife's work patterns.

But travelling 42 miles every fortnight. Getting in via membership because I went every game ?

On the ST waiting list for 13 years and relinquishing my spot because I disagreed with FSG's new scheme, having to pay 400 quid for CL tickets even though I attended every home game but couldn't show away games on my card, even though I'd attended them paying serious money and having to sit in with the home fans. I guarantee I've put more into supporting LFC than lots of 'locals', and there'll be a lot more that have gone to greater extremes, and spent a lot more money doing so.

Do we just get cast aside now ?

Real fucking supporters.

Yup, sorry.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: April 12, 2015, 06:19:40 pm »
Yup, sorry.

I hope FSG fuck you off then.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: April 12, 2015, 06:19:48 pm »
The problem here is you seem to think that if you you make access to LFC prescriptive it will encourage a better class of fan. My point is you can't jusdge the quality of the fan by the location like you do.

The second point about the local economy has nothing to do with LFC and seems to be a personal viewpoint that lends nothing to the argument.

I'm not saying that at all.

I am saying local supporters should get some priority and young, local supporters should get even more priority in some numbers.

We'll get rubbish supporters in that number of course, but it's the way it goes. Its called Liverpool FC for a reason.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: April 12, 2015, 06:20:57 pm »

Seems fair!

Read the thread - there's nothing that can be done about ST holders.

But I have no problem with those from further afield paying more than locals.

(See the Barcelona post earlier on)
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: April 12, 2015, 06:21:28 pm »
Not all L postcodes have purple bins as not all L postcodes come under LCC.

The purple bin point wasn't serious.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #610 on: April 12, 2015, 06:21:35 pm »
Yup, sorry.

Is this the view of all the SOS Committee Members?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: April 12, 2015, 06:22:43 pm »
I hope FSG fuck you off then.

Didn't think for a second this would be universally popular, and you are a perfect example of someone losing out but while FSG don't meet demand locals get some priority in my book.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: April 12, 2015, 06:24:04 pm »
Is this the view of all the SOS Committee Members?

I am the elected Merseyside supporters representative on the LFC Supporters' Committee - it's my personal view on that basis, nothing to do with SOS.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: April 12, 2015, 06:24:51 pm »
I am the elected Merseyside supporters representative on the LFC Supporters' Committee - it's my personal view on that basis, nothing to do with SOS.

Are you a SOS Committee Member?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: April 12, 2015, 06:25:52 pm »
The purple bin point wasn't serious.

So an L postcode is ok even if it's outide the City boundaries?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #615 on: April 12, 2015, 06:25:59 pm »
Graham I presume you're a ST holder? You're certainly what I would class as a 'proper' fan whatever that means.

Given you're in Birkenhead I think you said, which going by most of what is posted in here would not be considered local, would you be happy if your kids (no idea if you have any) were not classed as being 'local' and were looked over for tickets?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: April 12, 2015, 06:27:20 pm »
Are you a SOS Committee Member?

Yes, I'm the Secretary of the Union.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: April 12, 2015, 06:28:03 pm »
So an L postcode is ok even if it's outide the City boundaries?

Just a suggestion by the way - it can be done on postcodes, radius, lots of ways.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: April 12, 2015, 06:28:29 pm »
Yes, I'm the Secretary of the Union.

Do you still take membership fees from people from outside the Merseyside area or are they no longer wanted?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: April 12, 2015, 06:29:10 pm »
Would you be happy for a non local who's been going to games for the last 20 years to be pushed out by a local who's never been to a game Graham?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: April 12, 2015, 06:30:50 pm »
Graham I presume you're a ST holder? You're certainly what I would class as a 'proper' fan whatever that means.

Given you're in Birkenhead I think you said, which going by most of what is posted in here would not be considered local, would you be happy if your kids (no idea if you have any) were not classed as being 'local' and were looked over for tickets?
Exactly what I was wondering.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: April 12, 2015, 06:32:43 pm »

I work in Liverpool but live on the Wirral. I hate the "I saw Albert Stubbins play" but first game in about 1968 and ST holder for longer than I can recall, for what that is worth in this debate.

I have two sons - one a season ticket holder (all be on a mate's ticket who doesn't go anymore). He's in the 40s on the ST waiting list (put him on in 1998 when he was 7) so will probably get one this summer. Other lad is at Uni but is a Gooner (don't ask, second child syndrome).

I suspect we'd qualify under a radius provision but would lose out on a postcode provision, but as said before the thrust of my argument is about general admission tickets.

I can honestly say that I'd take it on the chin if l didn't qualify for GA tickets and the locals scooped them up - subject to two points - 1. the priority allocation was getting regularly and honestly taken by locals and 2. there were proper anti-touting provisions in place.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 06:35:41 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: April 12, 2015, 06:33:04 pm »
Just a suggestion by the way - it can be done on postcodes, radius, lots of ways.

So there's no definitive plan yet as to what the qualifying criteria would be?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: April 12, 2015, 06:33:56 pm »
Do you still take membership fees from people from outside the Merseyside area or are they no longer wanted?

The Union?

Anyone can be a member - I'm not seeing your point as my view isn't Union policy. And my personal view isn't inconsistent with membership or office.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: April 12, 2015, 06:34:08 pm »
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/branches

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: April 12, 2015, 06:35:09 pm »
Didn't think for a second this would be universally popular, and you are a perfect example of someone losing out but while FSG don't meet demand locals get some priority in my book.

I served my time Graham, more than lots of l postcode kids, and spent tens of thousands of pounds doing it, whilst 'real' supporters sat at home and watched the games on Channel 5/ Itv.

I've had my passport stamped more times than the youth of today have played FIFA15, and yet you're campaigning for me to lose my seat ?

Perhaps it's time for FC LIVERPOOL ?

You wouldn't know a real supporter if he shat on your couch mate.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: April 12, 2015, 06:36:21 pm »
I work in Liverpool but live on the Wirral.

I have two sons - one a season ticket holder (all be on a mate's ticket who doesn't go anymore). He's in the 40s on the ST waiting list (put him on in 1998 when he was 7) so will probably get one this summer. Other lad is at Uni but is a Gooner (don't ask, second child syndrome).

I suspect we'd qualify under a radius provision but would lose out on a postcode provision, but as said before the thrust of my argument is about general admission tickets.

I can honestly say that I'd take it on the chin if l didn't qualify for GA tickets and the locals scooped them up - subject to two points - 1. the priority allocation was getting regularly and honestly taken by locals and 2. there were proper anti-touting provisions in place.

Is that not contrary to everything that you are against? You want to stop touting etc. yet your son is, himself, potentially stopping a local from getting a Season Ticket?

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #627 on: April 12, 2015, 06:36:45 pm »
Graham , I think one of the problems with your idea is that loyal , vocal OOTs who have supported through thick and thin could be penalised, while the Thomas Cook brigade and other hospitality attendees would probably be unaffected.

Another issue would be enforcing the policy. I can think of a number of ways of getting round the proof of residency , parents desperate to get their kids into good schools have been doing it for years. So for example as an OOT with family in and around the city I personally would be using their address for proof. How far could/would the club go to police this?

I do think you're onto something though with encouraging younger locals into the ground. I can think of a fair few night matches over the last few years, Europa League quarters/semis for example where the Kop has been buzzing and there has been a good proportion of young Scousers . I do think the club can do much more to make tickets available to local young people - build links with colleges, youth clubs, football clubs etc. Sadly its probably expecting too much of the club that this could be at the expense of the tourists rather than loyal OOTs but I do feel that it's something we should be getting together to fight over and it's a shame that this thread has at times been highly devisive.
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: April 12, 2015, 06:37:07 pm »
So there's no definitive plan yet as to what the qualifying criteria would be?

It's not a plan, I am following on from Retro's OP article and a widely held view by local people that the balance of supporters in the ground is wrong.

The rest is shooting the breeze and getting rightly challenged on what this might mean if it went forward.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: April 12, 2015, 06:38:34 pm »
Is that not contrary to everything that you are against? You want to stop touting etc. yet your son is, himself, potentially stopping a local from getting a Season Ticket?

Earlier on her also said "Season tickets aren't supposed to be sold. Tighten the ownership of tickets and Scenario Two is avoided."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #630 on: April 12, 2015, 06:38:51 pm »
I work in Liverpool but live on the Wirral. I hate the "I saw Albert Stubbins play" but first game in about 1968 and ST holder for longer than I can recall, for what that is worth in this debate.

Well it's worth a lot to me as I'd say you were, as I said, a 'proper' fan. However I don't think with what's being said in here by some that Birkenhead could be considered local. I'd hazard a guess most people from Liverpool city itself wouldn't consider it.

I'd presume these 'local' rules would also come into play when allocating tickets for finals/semi's etc.

So how would you feel if you or your eldest missed out on tickets because the club didn't consider either of you local?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: April 12, 2015, 06:38:59 pm »
Would you be happy for a non local who's been going to games for the last 20 years to be pushed out by a local who's never been to a game Graham?

How would that be - someone who has gone on general admission for 20 years?

But in general terms - yes.

What if that first timer is 15 and is starting out with the idea of going as often as he or she can afford.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: April 12, 2015, 06:39:46 pm »

He is a local.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: April 12, 2015, 06:41:11 pm »
He is a local.

But it is still not his ticket, which is what you want clamping down on!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: April 12, 2015, 06:41:11 pm »
Earlier on her also said "Season tickets aren't supposed to be sold. Tighten the ownership of tickets and Scenario Two is avoided."

Yes, and when the Club decide to apply that universally and fairly my son will lose his ticket that he goes on occasionally.

I can't have it both ways.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: April 12, 2015, 06:42:03 pm »
Well it's worth a lot to me as I'd say you were, as I said, a 'proper' fan. However I don't think with what's being said in here by some that Birkenhead could be considered local. I'd hazard a guess most people from Liverpool city itself wouldn't consider it.

I'd presume these 'local' rules would also come into play when allocating tickets for finals/semi's etc.

So how would you feel if you or your eldest missed out on tickets because the club didn't consider either of you local?

Tough on us if the local provision was drawn that way.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: April 12, 2015, 06:42:30 pm »
He is a local.
He's local so he can take liberties with season ticket ownership.

As for the above about a 15 year old starting out... what if he goes and doesn't like it? You would have pushed out a 20+ year supporter on the off chance that a 15 year old might prove a better supporter, purely because he is from some ill-defined catchment area.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: April 12, 2015, 06:43:04 pm »
He's local so he can take liberties with season ticket ownership.

As for the above about a 15 year old starting out... what if he goes and doesn't like it? You would have pushed out a 20+ year supporter on the off chance that a 15 year old might prove a better supporter, purely because he is from some ill-defined catchment area.

For one game.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: April 12, 2015, 06:43:11 pm »
Yes, and when the Club decide to apply that universally and fairly my son will lose his ticket that he goes on occasionally.

I can't have it both ways.

You said he was a season ticket holder, albeit on a mates ticket. So which is it? Occasionally or as a regular local?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: April 12, 2015, 06:44:03 pm »
You said he was a season ticket holder, albeit on a mates ticket. So which is it? Occasionally or as a regular local?

Not every game but regular would be a fair description.

As I say, when the Club applies this universally and fairly he'd lose the access.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892