Author Topic: FT: LFC 1-2 MUFC  (Read 206585 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FT: LFC 1-2 MUFC
« Reply #2000 on: March 23, 2015, 04:21:27 pm »
Agree on Balotelli, but you're off your rocker if you think Henderson will be sold.

Its all possible unless any contract is signed. He is available on a free after.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #2001 on: March 23, 2015, 04:21:49 pm »
Henderson stood up to Costa.

Skrtel+ Sakho don't mess about.

Balotelli doesn't  mind a bit of afters.

There's a few more.
I don't disagree, but would have liked to have seen one of them put in a hard tackle on Mata the way Gerrard did.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #2002 on: March 23, 2015, 04:22:44 pm »
Its all possible unless any contract is signed. He is available on a free after.
Ok, better start panicking then  ;D

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2003 on: March 23, 2015, 04:23:13 pm »
Can is pretty good at the cynical dirty side too, but yeah I agree, we'll miss some of the "edge" when Gerrard goes.

And that's why he needs to be under serious consideration to be our future captain.

We urgently need an injection of balls.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2004 on: March 23, 2015, 04:28:26 pm »
Henderson stood up to Costa.

Skrtel+ Sakho don't mess about.

Balotelli doesn't  mind a bit of afters.

There's a few more.

Telling you not of them get the crowd going.
Gerrard has to show that example often now. Yesterday(went OTT I know) and against Basle at home.

Bloody hell I even remember Kewell giving Neville a look we're not fucking about welcome once.

Far too much of a soft team that wants to play pretty football.

This is why the likes of lucas and Gerrard are missed as they don't fuck about.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #2005 on: March 23, 2015, 04:33:21 pm »
Telling you not of them get the crowd going.
Gerrard has to show that example often now. Yesterday(went OTT I know) and against Basle at home.

Bloody hell I even remember Kewell giving Neville a look we're not fucking about welcome once.

Far too much of a soft team that wants to play pretty football.

This is why the likes of lucas and Gerrard are missed as they don't fuck about.
Lucas gets a lot of stick for fouling a lot, but he's pretty much often the only one willing to cynically trip someone up to stop and attack. Last season we could have avoided conceding many goals had Coutinho or Allen or someone just chopped a guy downs stop a counter for example. Sometimes you need to be abit brutal to liven your team and the crowd up too, and there's not many who do that in our team.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2006 on: March 23, 2015, 04:34:51 pm »
Timbo, you and KH are right, but there's a fly in the ointment.

The Europa League. It's a massive distraction, time and energy consumer, and fucker-up of the playing schedule; Thursday/Sunday is not remotely good for any team with serious title ambitions, let alone a young and inexperienced one. As I've said elsewhere, it's a poisoned chalice.

Do you honestly think this team, with one injury prone striker, and a kid new to the league are serious title contenders - Top 4 yes - Title miles away

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #2007 on: March 23, 2015, 04:39:01 pm »
FC Cuckoo Clock play in Siberia
Seriously that's a shit argument. A couple of extra hours in first class. Fuck me, we don't half make excuses. And it's not like Moscow, Kiev and St Petersburg are ever in the CL.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #2008 on: March 23, 2015, 04:42:14 pm »
Do you honestly think this team, with one injury prone striker, and a kid new to the league are serious title contenders - Top 4 yes - Title miles away
To be fair if we'd not had such a shit first half of the season and taken so long to address the defence we'd probably be in contention right now. It's not a stretch to think we'd have at least 7 or 8 more points on the board if we'd had Sturridge fit all season and got our act together quicker. I mean United aren't that far off and they've been mostly shit. This league is clearly not what it's cracked up to be. We're not as far off as you might think but we do have to get a few things right in the summer.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:43:55 pm by cornelius »

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2009 on: March 23, 2015, 04:48:44 pm »
To be fair if we'd not had such a shit first half of the season and taken so long to address the defence we'd probably be in contention right now. It's not a stretch to think we'd have at least 7 or 8 more points on the board if we'd had Sturridge fit all season and got our act together quicker. I mean United aren't that far off and they've been mostly shit. This league is clearly not what it's cracked up to be. We're not as far off as you might think but we do have to get a few things right in the summer.

Agreed the standard is pants, but, as I expect now, United get Top 4 they'll throw a shed load more cash at it. Plus Chelsea and City will strengthen. Then to be honest we'll be fighting with Ars and Spuds for 4th, battle for the second and third tier players with potential, coupled with a Europa League cmpaign starting in late July

Long way away for me and sadly that's the way it will stay - Always there or thereabouts for 4th, at a push 3rd.

Even with a fit Sturridge, would we really have been that much closer, not so sure myself

But hey it's all about opinions mate

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #2010 on: March 23, 2015, 04:49:33 pm »
Strange thing about this match, I don't think I have ever seen a Liverpool v United game where everyone was in such total agreement that Liverpool were well beaten. It's the hope that kills you of course, never dream people, never dream, its down that route that lies disappointment and mental breakdown.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2011 on: March 23, 2015, 04:50:35 pm »
Agreed the standard is pants, but, as I expect now, United get Top 4 they'll throw a shed load more cash at it. Plus Chelsea and City will strengthen. Then to be honest we'll be fighting with Ars and Spuds for 4th, battle for the second and third tier players with potential, coupled with a Europa League cmpaign starting in late July

Long way away for me and sadly that's the way it will stay - Always there or thereabouts for 4th, at a push 3rd.

Even with a fit Sturridge, would we really have been that much closer, not so sure myself

But hey it's all about opinions mate

We have just spent half a season playing Champions form. What makes you think had he have been fit from the start that we wouldnt have 2 or 3 more wins on the board?

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2012 on: March 23, 2015, 04:52:57 pm »
Skrtel charged by the FA.  Phil Jones is currently pissing his sides and picking Adam Lallana out of his barnet.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2013 on: March 23, 2015, 04:54:29 pm »
Balotelli will do well to be here next year. Henderson isnt really that strong and may also be sold.

Henderson is now getting sold?  The knee jerk to one loss is fucking hilarious around these parts. 

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2014 on: March 23, 2015, 04:54:47 pm »

Sturridge got 21 goals last season. Even if he got half that amount, just his mere presence on the pitch would have been enough to turn several games. For instance, Daniel wasn't on the score sheet for Spurs away or Swansea away but was crucial in both games. Sturridge all season would have made a massive difference.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2015 on: March 23, 2015, 04:54:51 pm »
We have just spent half a season playing Champions form. What makes you think had he have been fit from the start that we wouldnt have 2 or 3 more wins on the board?

Just my opinion, but it's all if's buts and maybes now, just like opinions.

But will ask where is quality coming from to challenge next season, with only Europa League as the attraction

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2016 on: March 23, 2015, 04:55:06 pm »
Henderson is now getting sold?  The knee jerk to one loss is fucking hilarious around these parts. 

He may be sold yeah.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2017 on: March 23, 2015, 04:55:53 pm »
Skrtel charged by the FA.  Phil Jones is currently pissing his sides and picking Adam Lallana out of his barnet.

Sigh... 3 match ban incoming

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2018 on: March 23, 2015, 04:56:29 pm »
Just my opinion, but it's all if's buts and maybes now, just like opinions.

But will ask where is quality coming from to challenge next season, with only Europa League as the attraction

There is lots of quality in the squad but yeah we do need to improve in one or two positions. But if you think every good player everywhere will get signed to a CL club exclusively then you are badly mistaken.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2019 on: March 23, 2015, 04:56:45 pm »
He may be sold yeah.

He'll only be sold if he doesn't sign the contract put in front of him. He wont be allowed to walk for free.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #2020 on: March 23, 2015, 04:57:08 pm »
He may be sold yeah.
Wouldn't be surprised, and wouldn't bother me at all.
Need a midfielder to slow and speed the game up at will, like Alonso, Henderson is way off that.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2021 on: March 23, 2015, 04:57:31 pm »
He'll only be sold if he doesn't sign the contract put in front of him. He wont be allowed to walk for free.

Yeah thats what i mean. We shouldnt be making any long term plans with him at this time anyway.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2022 on: March 23, 2015, 04:58:12 pm »
Henderson will sign a new contract,I have no doubt about that.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2023 on: March 23, 2015, 04:58:55 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised, and wouldn't bother me at all.
Need a midfielder to slow and speed the game up at will, like Alonso, Henderson is way off that.

Gerrard was way off that until he gained loads of experience...and he still is prone to losing it.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2024 on: March 23, 2015, 05:01:10 pm »
There is lots of quality in the squad but yeah we do need to improve in one or two positions. But if you think every good player everywhere will get signed to a CL club exclusively then you are badly mistaken.

Maybe I am, but if you think we'll get top quality, then I feel you are badly mistaken

DM been needed for two seasons minimum - not addressed
Support for Sturridge not adressed

The only way you attract top quality is with CL or Cash, neither we have

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2025 on: March 23, 2015, 05:01:26 pm »
Gerrard was way off that until he gained loads of experience...and he still is prone to losing it.

Gerrard had the ability but maybe not the discipline to do that role. Henderson has neither.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2026 on: March 23, 2015, 05:04:28 pm »
See everybody is back to crying and how we will never be good again then

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2027 on: March 23, 2015, 05:05:02 pm »
Gerrard had the ability but maybe not the discipline to do that role. Henderson has neither.

You're speculating. I saw nothing in Gerrard's game that suggested he had the ability to slow the pace of the game down. Until recently, and by recently I mean last year, I saw Gerrard who throw gasoline on fires rather calmly blowing them out. Gerrard gained the ability to dictate the pace of the game late in his career, there is nothing to suggest Henderson can't do the same. And for now we need Henderson to create and score goals.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2028 on: March 23, 2015, 05:08:14 pm »
You're speculating. I saw nothing in Gerrard's game that suggested he had the ability to slow the pace of the game down. Until recently, and by recently I mean last year, I saw Gerrard who throw gasoline on fires rather calmly blowing them out. Gerrard gained the ability to dictate the pace of the game late in his career, there is nothing to suggest Henderson can't do the same. And for now we need Henderson to create and score goals.

He doesnt fuck up too much when pressed in his pomp and had a fantastic short and long passing range even under pressure. Henderson cannot do that and he cannot even turn his whole body in one fluid motion when receiving a pass from the defence.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2029 on: March 23, 2015, 05:12:36 pm »
He doesnt fuck up too much when pressed in his pomp and had a fantastic short and long passing range even under pressure. Henderson cannot do that and he cannot even turn his whole body in one fluid motion when receiving a pass from the defence.

I thought Gerrard was horrible when pressed. I thin you are making Gerrard to be something he wasn't. Gerrard was a Roy of the Rovers one in a million player, who could play any where and do pretty much anything but calm passer of the ball regardless of opposition press? Dictator of the pace of game? Sorry I must have missed that.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2030 on: March 23, 2015, 05:20:22 pm »
What's so annoying to me are 2 things.

1 we looked terrible first 30 minutes. Not acceptable for a club at this level in a game as big of this.
2 we didn't get to see how Rodgers would have reacted. Any game plan he had ready or any tactical changes he made went out the window 30 seconds into the 2nd half.

Disappointing doesn't cover it.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2031 on: March 23, 2015, 05:23:10 pm »
We seem to go on the most unbelievable runs and then when the absolute crunch comes we seem to be like deer in headlights. Maybe the age of the squad has a lot to do with it. Fearless when the pressure is off but when it really counts they freeze. How we deal with it in future will get better with experience.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #2032 on: March 23, 2015, 05:25:03 pm »
Frustraiting , but  I said before game, we haven't been firing on all cylinders ( apart from City ) for the past 5 or 6 games.

Biggest issue is the strength has come from how we are set up , but if wing backs don't push on our attack suffers...Stirling isn't suited to this role...

Top four deffo on , but I hope we don't lose sight of our aim is to win a Trophy.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2033 on: March 23, 2015, 05:26:17 pm »
What's so annoying to me are 2 things.

1 we looked terrible first 30 minutes. Not acceptable for a club at this level in a game as big of this.
2 we didn't get to see how Rodgers would have reacted. Any game plan he had ready or any tactical changes he made went out the window 30 seconds into the 2nd half.

Disappointing doesn't cover it.
Why wait until half time to change it though. We should of changed it well before then.

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2034 on: March 23, 2015, 05:31:05 pm »
See everybody is back to crying and how we will never be good again then
Hyperbole can work both ways.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #2035 on: March 23, 2015, 05:32:05 pm »
Why wait until half time to change it though. We should of changed it well before then.

Gerrard came on for Lallana who was injured. Maybe Brendan would have left him on and just given the team instruction at half time?

"Changing it" before then is not so easy. Complex instructions are not easily passed on to the field, which is why you see teams usually change a lot mainly after half-time or with the introduction of subs late in the game.

Also we did comeback into the game a bit after 30 minutes so maybe Brendan was content that we had wrestled back some control, and felt not conceding again before the half was good enough, rather than try and fix something on the fly only to screw up something else.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #2036 on: March 23, 2015, 05:32:16 pm »

Don't always agree with you Fordy but I was screaming for a change after 25 minutes, we we're being run ragged.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2037 on: March 23, 2015, 05:36:04 pm »

Rodgers did change the formation before halftime.....

He didn't sub until Lallana got injured.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2038 on: March 23, 2015, 05:38:40 pm »
We did switch to the diamond midfield around the 30 minute mark (I can't remember precisely when but it was that sort of stage) so he wasn't doing nothing to change it. The difference between that and the Swansea game though was that we didn't push our wing backs up to play basically as wingers/wide forwards, which is what we did against Swansea to try and push them back. We probably didn't want to do that yesterday considering that would have left more space wide of our back three, spaces they had been exploiting.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #2039 on: March 23, 2015, 05:53:13 pm »
Wow, people are really thinking over this one. We lost, get over it, top 4 is still largely possible even if we don't get 3 points at Arsenal.