Author Topic: Pre-Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Beşiktaş Jimnastik Kulüb- 19th Feb 2015 - 20:05  (Read 96896 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Sooo....

Gerrard, Lucas & Markovic

...all defo out of the running and with Sterling potentially sidelined the questions are;

1. Will it Rodgers put his trust in Lovren or Allen in Lucas' absence? The evidence seems to suggest Allen will be preferred.
2. With Markovic suspended is it Ibe or the more defensively minded Manquillo at RWB? Ibe is the round peg for this particular hole!
3. Will Sterling be fit enough to play? If he's not, who comes in? Lallana? Mario? Borini? Lambert? Push Ibe up and play Manquillo? Fingers crossed Sterling starts!

--------------------Mignolet

----------Can-------Skrtel------Sakho

Ibe------Henderson------Allen------Moreno

-------------------Coutinho

----------Sterling--------Sturridge
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:54:22 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
Nothing compared to "zebra crossing cam" last season.
Haha, that woman was a loon.

Never knew Bealey was a red, what a top man!

Edit: back to the game! I'm hoping to see Sturridge and Balotelli get a runout together and Coutinho to get a rest, the rest of the team picks itself really!

Migs; Can, Skrtel, Sakho; Ibe, Hendo, Allen, Moreno: Lallana/Sterling; Sturridge, Balotelli
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:29:56 pm by SimplyRed91 »

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
I am scared about facing Beşiktaş.

It could be very embarrassing when we win 9-0.

Offline petercormack

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I can't abide eastenders. Emmerdale is much better  ;)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
pre match
« Reply #524 on: February 19, 2015, 01:41:42 pm »
Browsing that forza Beşiktaş forum, one of the few posts actually talking about the team highlights their right back - Serdar Kurtulus:

___________________________________________________________________________________

Liverpool must face with Serdar Kurtulus. He is an amazing right-back. He always think about to create a chance of score. Probably, they will want to transfer him after the match.

Please, I speak to our chairman, dont accept to glen johnson for Serdar. They probably offer glen. He is sh*t.

(Beyler caktirmayin sag beke kara oglan getirmek icin ilk adimlari atiyorum)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Even the turks know jonno's turned a bit crap.   :(

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Browsing that forza Beşiktaş forum, one of the few posts actually talking about the team highlights their right back - Serdar Kurtulus:

Liverpool must face with Serdar Kurtulus. He is an amazing right-back. He always think about to create a chance of score. Probably, they will want to transfer him after the match.

Please, I speak to our chairman, dont accept to glen johnson for Serdar. They probably offer glen. He is sh*t.

Remember when we used to have right backs? Those crazy days.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Not that it's the same. But have you read Red or Dead by David Peace? It's a fictional portrait of Shanks, although alot of it is true and you get the feeling on how it was back in the days :)
Thanks mate. Will deffo give it a read! :)
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Henderson, Allen, Moreno, Lallana, Sturridge, Coutinho

Sterling on the bench

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
Re: pre match
« Reply #529 on: February 19, 2015, 01:48:29 pm »

With his whopping 0 goals, 1 assist in 26 matches this season.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #530 on: February 19, 2015, 01:49:22 pm »

Coutinho only has 4 assists does that mean he isn't always looking to create?

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!

What a fantastic comment

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #532 on: February 19, 2015, 01:49:49 pm »

It's the thought that counts!
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Well he did say think, not do.

I think about having my way with Amanda Righetti a lot.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Henderson, Allen, Moreno, Lallana, Sturridge, Coutinho

Sterling on the bench

Decent team, with Mignolet 2.0 commanding from the back.

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
Well he did say think, not do.

I think about having my way with Amanda Righetti a lot.

;D

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
The first full first team game I can remember was against Notts Forest. It was December 1955, the Reds won 5-2 and Jimmy Melia scored twice. Mind you, I was also at the reserve game the previous season when it was announced that the first team had lost away to Birmingham 9-1.

I remember Shanks appointment and the excitement before his first game as manager against Cardiff at Anfield. We list 4-0 and the Echo headline was " Supersize Headache for Bill" little did we know at that time that he would turn us into the greatest football team in the world
Those are some memories.
Amazes me to think that we can actually interact with people who have a direct link to the past and to such a great man- like a bridge.

You're fortunate mate! :)
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
Coutinho only has 4 assists does that mean he isn't always looking to create?

That's where stats don't tell a story.
Sterling could take the ball from our box to theirs, go around every player twice, but if he passes to Hendo and then he tee's up another red, Sterling gets no statistical recognition.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.

Sterling on the bench
the only bad part is Allen of course.
Ahhh well, everything else is boss.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
People are severely underestimating Beşiktaş. They are a much better team than us, I don't understand why people think they aren't. We have virtually no European experience in this team, including our manager. I fear for us, I really do. Watching the Champions League again this week underlined to me once again how far we are off from being a solid European team let alone a force. Let's hope we can somehow fluke our way to the final but I don't see it. We need to take these games seriously though, that's for sure because Europa is more important than an FA cup final that happened to be on Gerrard's birthday.

Come on Roy, you've not got time to be posting in RAWK. You've got a European Qualifier to prepare for and decide whether to play Ings or Kane upfront with Sturridge.
Thank you Jurgen

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ah yes Lazar, he gets behind the team like no one else...

"I've been getting closer and closer to wanting Rodgers gone since September but some part of me always said I don't want him to be sacked, despite how much he has pissed me off at times. Now I feel like I'm firmly back in the Rodgers In camp for some reason. But things need to change recruitment wise if it's going to work."

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=318906.msg13482514#msg13482514
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
It's Chico time!

Is that his son who the thumb sucking celebration was all about? How time flies!
Guy with the classes behind Luis- the one to our left... looks familiar.
Think I've seen him plenty of times over the years.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ibe will score

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
is this on TV?

edit - it's on ITV
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 02:06:40 pm by King_Poetic »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
That's where stats don't tell a story.
Sterling could take the ball from our box to theirs, go around every player twice, but if he passes to Hendo and then he tee's up another red, Sterling gets no statistical recognition.

He'd increase his dribbles per game, wouldn't he?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
is this on TV?

Nah, Eastenders is on instead.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Joe Cole returns to the starting XI for tonight's Europa League clash in Turkey - listen live from 6.25pm BST.

The midfielder is one of five changes to the side that lost at Manchester City with Christian Poulsen, Fabio Aurelio, Sotirios Kyrgiakos and Martin Kelly all involved.

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Aurelio, Lucas, Poulsen, Kuyt, Cole, Ngog. Subs: Gulacsi, Pacheco, Babel, Spearing, Shelvey, Skrtel, Eccleston.

26th Aug 2010  :-X
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pre-Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Beşiktaş Jimnastik Kulüb- 19th Feb
« Reply #548 on: February 19, 2015, 02:10:26 pm »
Nope. My moneys on Cindy, but imagine if was her own dad or brother who actually killed her mate? So when I switch over to ITV I hope we are winning  ;)

No chance! It's Bobby!!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
Ah yes Lazar, he gets behind the team like no one else...

"I've been getting closer and closer to wanting Rodgers gone since September but some part of me always said I don't want him to be sacked, despite how much he has pissed me off at times. Now I feel like I'm firmly back in the Rodgers In camp for some reason. But things need to change recruitment wise if it's going to work."

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=318906.msg13482514#msg13482514

Cheers Geoff for going through all of my posts. That was from December 20th which is way before we turned it around. There was a lot worse being said about Rodgers at the time. In fact I predicted this revival at a time everyone was going into meltdown as I clearly said I was behind BR. 

Offline red number 9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Moses said "come forth" but we came first
First post in years so I want to ensure it's a worthwhile one....

Having read through the usual pre-match build up of pessimist vs.optimist vs. realist views of our chances.... skipped the bollocks about who killed who in eastenders - my money is on Diego Costa as he's been conspicuous by his absence recently but I'm not ITK! ....laughed at the tooled up Turkish fans...

... I want make sure I'm adding value to the discussion and debate so my question to the fine people of RAWK is...

Is Ibe cup-tied??

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
So nervous and excited
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
Some guy on Facebook reckons he was at Melwood today and they set up as follows: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Henderson, Allen, Moreno, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
Joe Cole returns to the starting XI for tonight's Europa League clash in Turkey - listen live from 6.25pm BST.

The midfielder is one of five changes to the side that lost at Manchester City with Christian Poulsen, Fabio Aurelio, Sotirios Kyrgiakos and Martin Kelly all involved.

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Aurelio, Lucas, Poulsen, Kuyt, Cole, Ngog. Subs: Gulacsi, Pacheco, Babel, Spearing, Shelvey, Skrtel, Eccleston.

Any teamsheet that includes Soto, Poulsen and Joe Cole brings me out in a cold sweat.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers Geoff for going through all of my posts. That was from December 20th which is way before we turned it around. There was a lot worse being said about Rodgers at the time. In fact I predicted this revival at a time everyone was going into meltdown as I clearly said I was behind BR. 

Who's Geoff?  Yeah you 'clearly' did.  ::)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Sterling on the bench

Some guy on Facebook reckons he was at Melwood today and they set up as follows: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Henderson, Allen, Moreno, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Enough with the possible team off twitter/facebook bollocks.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

What an utterly depressing team that was!

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
So nervous and excited
You've got it good mate. Playing for both teams..
Going in the front and the back! :)

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First post in years so I want to ensure it's a worthwhile one....

Having read through the usual pre-match build up of pessimist vs.optimist vs. realist views of our chances.... skipped the bollocks about who killed who in eastenders - my money is on Diego Costa as he's been conspicuous by his absence recently but I'm not ITK! ....laughed at the tooled up Turkish fans...

... I want make sure I'm adding value to the discussion and debate so my question to the fine people of RAWK is...

Is Ibe cup-tied??

;D

He can play in extra time of the second leg, but only if he avoids using his right foot or he has to come straight back off.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Do shut the fuck up.