Author Topic: New HD LFCTV - £7 a month on Sky  (Read 31205 times)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
New HD LFCTV - £7 a month on Sky
« on: October 24, 2014, 10:29:07 am »
LFC TV Press Release:

Bigger, better LFCTV to launch 24 hours a day in HD
Liverpool FC today announced that LFCTV will be launching a brand new HD channel, providing bigger and better content for fans 24 hours a day.

LFCTV first launched in 2007, will be upgrading and moving to a new subscription channel on Sky, available in both high and standard definition. The new-look channel will launch on Tuesday 4 November with live feeds from Spain’s capital city as the team take on Real Madrid.

As part of the improved service the channel will feature a new-look interactive studio, regular live news bulletins from Melwood training ground every day, more behind the scenes access, exclusive interviews, features and documentaries.

Match days will be like never before, with extended pre-match build up and post-match analysis with Anfield legends, extensive coverage from every European Liverpool game, full match replays of every First Team game. Fans will also get exclusive, live coverage of all U21s and U18s home fixtures as well as coverage of the Liverpool Ladies’ season.

“Over the last seven years we have built a channel that gives fans a level of insight into the inner workings of the Club. We now have the opportunity to deliver improved behind the scenes access alongside bigger and better content in high definition every hour of the day, making LFCTV the first destination for all Club related news” commented Liverpool FC’s Chief Media Officer, Matthew Baxter.

Liverpool FC fans will get a glimpse at what the new service will look like from today on the current channels (Sky Channel 429 and Virgin Media Channel 544). On Tuesday 28 October a promotional reel will launch on the Sky channel to allow for technical upgrades for high definition viewing, with the all-new channel launching on Sky on Tuesday 4 November.

Viewers will be able to watch LFC News, the weekly #LFCWORLD show and series such as the Road to Istanbul, free on LFCTV GO until Tuesday 4 November.

To pre-order LFCTV on Sky and receive a free LFC branded Sky+ HD remote control visit www.sky.com/lfctv before Tuesday 11 November 2014.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: New HD LFCTV - £7 a month on Sky
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:31:06 am »
£7 a month? Fuck that.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 10:32:42 am »
The first thing that came to my head was that South Park episode - Canada on Strike.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 10:33:49 am »
I only really watched it for the youth games, now I don't even have sky so can't get it anyway. Surely they will keep the youth games all online too?

Nice they are getting the ladies team involved.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 10:34:00 am »
So its no longer free? Cant blame them i suppose but still, not paying for that especially that blokes crappy commentary!
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 10:35:03 am »
So its no longer free? Cant blame them i suppose but still, not paying for that especially that blokes crappy commentary!

I'd presume the SD channel would be free still

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 10:36:08 am »
Swear that's the same price as a sky sports hd channel? crazy

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 10:36:13 am »
What a shame. I can't lie, Kop Kids is always a good laugh.
YNWA.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 10:36:31 am »
 :lmao

They can fuck right off.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 10:37:22 am »
I'd presume the SD channel would be free still

There will be no SD channel I don't think
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 10:37:59 am »

hahaha dreadful isn't he! worst one i heard when Gerrard scored the winner against west ham i think it was

"not only is he captain fantastic..... he's ..... mr reliable!!!!!"

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 10:39:18 am »
I'll miss the u21's and Press Box, that was a decent watch.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 10:40:49 am »
As if we don't pay enough already. They can fuck right off. :wanker
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 10:40:57 am »
Will Sky Sports subscribers still have it for free?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 10:41:12 am »
Shame.

But that's football today getting every pound they can out of the fans.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 10:42:40 am »
No ta.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 10:42:58 am »
Bit of a shame, but there was a reason the picture quality was so terrible and the programming budget often appeared thin. I'm not entirely sure I'll be subscribing - it's quite a lot for a channel with no rights to live games outside of pre-season, and there's no word yet about it being available on Virgin - but I'd imagine they've done enough research to suggest that it will attract subscribers in sufficient numbers to make it worthwhile. MUTV and Chelsea TV both charge monthly fees, so it's a model that can work.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 10:43:02 am »
Does it even show any of the games??! £7 a month to watch helmets ring in after the game slagging the club off and shit 'keepy up challenges'. No thanks.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 10:43:15 am »
£7 fuck that :lmao

It was good background noise but so much of it is just old repeated footage over and over that I won't be paying for it, and most of it wont be benefitting from HD anyway.

Be sad to miss the youth games but they'll be stream able somewhere online I imagine
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 10:43:47 am »
7 quid a month though!? Fuckin' hell, 3 or 4 and I may have considered it but they're trying to take the piss, so no chance.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 10:46:09 am »
MUTV and Chelsea TV both charge monthly fees, so it's a model that can work.

Maybe we'll now be able to afford a Di Maria, Fabregas or Costa next summer? Could've done with this extra income a few months ago.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 10:47:22 am »
Maybe we'll now be able to afford a Di Maria, Fabregas or Costa next summer? Could've done with this extra income a few months ago.

We spent £120m in the summer. We had the money, just not the appeal to attract them.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 10:47:48 am »

That's why Sanchez turned us down. No LFCTV HD sub, deal breaker.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 10:48:21 am »
Not for me, certainly not at £7.  Usually put it on when they are showing clips of the team in the 90's or early-mid 2000's so the kids can watch the likes of Fowler etc plus the odd youth game.  I don't watch it as much as i used to so don't think I'll miss it.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 10:49:08 am »
We spent £120m in the summer. We had the money, just not the appeal to attract them.

United signing Di Maria, Falcao, Valdes, Herrara without CL rubbishes this theory. Pay them enough and they'll come
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 10:49:21 am »
That's why Sanchez turned us down. No LFCTV HD sub, deal breaker.

Nah, that's ridiculous. He wanted the London lifestyle, the nightlife, the shopping and living in one of the most well known capitals in the world.

Also, we didn't offer him an LFC branded sky remote.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 10:50:02 am »

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 10:54:56 am »
Well I know what I won't be buying today...

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2014, 10:58:00 am »
 for £7 a month id expect to see the home games live  not a replay of the game at midnight the next day

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2014, 11:00:02 am »
I'll pay LFC a decent amount if you show me live Prem games as well as U21 and U18. But seeing as you can't do that you ain't getting my money for what you have now, especially on top of already having to pay sky!

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 11:04:48 am »
Fuck 'em. Milking every fan (sorry, "customer") for all they're worth.  The money in modern football sucks and this is just another symptom of it.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 11:09:46 am »
I'd rather pay £20 and get a 'season ticket' of live Liverpool games than pay £7 for repeats the day after and RAWK style phone ins.

Oh well.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 11:11:23 am »
I wouldn't be surprised if the price of the online streaming membership goes up too, as a bit if a gap between that and the £7 for it on TV.

Offline Toshack_Keegan_One_Nil

• Anny Roader
  • Sometimes I fantasise...
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 11:11:33 am »
hahaha dreadful isn't he! worst one i heard when Gerrard scored the winner against west ham i think it was

"not only is he captain fantastic..... he's ..... mr reliable!!!!!"

My all-time favourite is the Benayoun goal against Fulham: "They've absolutely... done it again!"

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2014, 11:13:04 am »

I'd rather pay £20 and get a 'season ticket' of live Liverpool games than pay £7 for repeats the day after and RAWK style phone ins.

Oh well.
£20 bit cheap.. I'd happily pay £200 for every live pool game.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2014, 11:14:06 am »
£7 a month WTF.

Sheisters as if they don't make enough.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2014, 11:18:55 am »

Even worse when they get Darren Farley in to be colour commentator, sick of him and his "funny accent"

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2014, 11:20:48 am »
£20 bit cheap.. I'd happily pay £200 for every live pool game.

Risking an addition to my custom title like, but I'm a cheap fucker anyway.
 :D

The quality of free streams is much better than it was, and available to anyone with the internet. They should be tempting people in, not driving them away.
With all due respect, ladies football, phone ins, and repeats from yesteryear aren't really enough of a draw to warrant 7 quid in a world that want's to be entertained for their money.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2014, 11:21:34 am »
United signing Di Maria, Falcao, Valdes, Herrara without CL rubbishes this theory. Pay them enough and they'll come

Why are you talking about this in a thread about LFCTV?

£7 a month is ridiculous unless they were gonna show the 3pm kick offs or something which obviously they're not.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2014, 11:23:38 am »
With all due respect, ladies football, phone ins, and repeats from yesteryear aren't really enough of a draw to warrant 7 quid in a world that want's to be entertained for their money.

The youth games is their biggest attraction, but I'm not paying £7 for those a month. Not a chance.