Author Topic: New HD LFCTV - £7 a month on Sky  (Read 31222 times)

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
Re: New HD LFCTV - £7 a month on Sky
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2014, 06:57:20 pm »
What are you paying £7 for?

well as i dont subscribe to skysports or btsport, £7 to watch the match be it 24 hours later is cheap if you ask me, plus i get everything else on offer.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2014, 07:00:15 pm »
I'd rather pay £20 and get a 'season ticket' of live Liverpool games than pay £7 for repeats the day after and RAWK style phone ins.

Oh well.

I'm sure the club would love to do that but the PL would rightly never allow it to happen

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2014, 07:14:34 pm »
I just can't believe anyone would sign up to this, when you compare to what you can get from BT for £12 and the sky channels for a bit more.

the content on LFCTV is terrible and I'll be amazed if they get 10,000 people in this country willing to pay.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2014, 07:17:51 pm »
the content on LFCTV is terrible and I'll be amazed if they get 10,000 people in this country willing to pay.

MUTV get 100,000 paying £6 from UK and Ireland apparently.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2014, 07:23:41 pm »
its been 3 years since ive had sky, do sky or bt show the whole game if its not that weeks live game.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2014, 08:10:34 pm »
Hmmm no thanks.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2014, 08:21:17 pm »
its been 3 years since ive had sky, do sky or bt show the whole game if its not that weeks live game.
Just the 55 minute highlights on a Saturday night ,unless it's game of the day which they show the whole game at 8.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2014, 08:27:59 pm »
Shite. In a word.

Got it for free back at my parents on an old sky box, wouldn't pay £7 a month. But it is a service I was enjoying for free, so can't complain at having to pay a little for it. £90 a year though? 4/5ths of the license fee? Nah.

Offline stevemc

• Kemlynite
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2014, 09:53:19 pm »
the match commentator is doing the darts on itv4 tonight. He's just said klasen has put one past the post when he missed the double.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2014, 10:30:52 pm »
Just the 55 minute highlights on a Saturday night ,unless it's game of the day which they show the whole game at 8.

so its the only channel to show the whole game unless you stream it on the net or are lucky that its shown live on skysports or bt.

i agree that its not the most polished of productions but still there is some pretty good stuff on there, all the archive footage alone is worth the fee.

looking forward to see what they do with it.

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2014, 10:40:25 pm »
And with an agonized squawk, Mighty Red discovered it had laid its last golden egg.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2014, 11:00:18 pm »
Timing is everything eh.  Bet they were planning on a big announcement to coincide with a great victory over Madrid.  Seriously but, who the feck will pay for that, esp if you subscribe to ordinary sports channels which actually show games.  Well at least you can watch the crowd when the game is on.  Or during midweek watch a few wanna be's try and chip a footie into a bin from 4 yards.

Only thing which was good in terms of regular up-to-date stuff (obviously all the old retro games are ace) was the press box.  But not worth subscribing for I'm afraid.

Fail. Do you not get enough dosh out of us LFC?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2014, 11:11:08 pm »
Only thing which was good in terms of regular up-to-date stuff (obviously all the old retro games are ace) was the press box.

U18 and U21 games were/are the best things on there IMO.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2014, 11:16:11 pm »

Sometimes would watch the odd one like if the U21's had a biggish game or something.  But not worth a subscription in my view.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2014, 11:18:09 pm »
a free LFC sky remote for £7.00 would be of great interest!

Lol.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2014, 11:42:20 pm »
This made me laugh a bit.

The current programming on LFC.tv is pretty crap to be fair, but really, I wouldn't expect much more. There are some shockingly woeful segements on the channel currently and the quality of the broadcasting reminds me of Liverpool Live TV in the 90s at times. Of course, the channel offers ex-players the opportunity to get involved with club based Media, but half of the time I've found myself preferring to just come on here and watch certain posters argue with each other about Joe Allen.

It's already been said, but for the subscription price I'd happily pay that to see our games live. Whilst this will not happen, you could almost say that this is what they are gearing up to. 24 hours a day is obviously to appeal to a wider international audience, but on the whole, I'd say that they would need to bring that price down by at least £3 a month. With all due respect to the presenters of the show, they alone aren't worth paying subscription for.

Anyone wanting to weigh up the pro's and con's of this. Whilst LFC.tv is a private entity and has no public service remit, realise that you already pay an extortionate amount for your digital content already. With TV licence and Sky TV or Virgin subscription, this almost feels like a football tax. True, it is moving to HD and yadi-ya-ya, all that crap. But aside of showing youth games, interviews with the team and the occasional documentary - What is it that your subscription is really funding?

The club will never be able to wrestle live games from Murdoch et al, so it's unlikely that we can expect to be funding the possibility of our own dedicated football channel. One day I do feel as though this will happen, but it won't be any day soon. If LFC.tv, the Mancs, Chelsea and Arsenal all make a killing on this and more or less prove this is a viable alternative option to the current Sky scheduling, then yeah, we may one day see something similar to the American model of sports broadcasting. But you can bet your arse that it will charge far more than £7 a month for it.

This really is a lesson in venture capitalism. I love the club and financially support it as much as I can - But I personally won't be charged £7 a month for the privilege of doing so.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:47:54 pm by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2014, 04:15:46 am »
Never really watched it anyway, and won't be any longer.

Seeing as it's cost me £56 to watch a European game and see us get slaughtered, I'd rather £7 a month go towards feeding my footballing habit which is teetering on the verge of being ill affordable.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2014, 05:29:13 am »

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2014, 09:03:01 am »
well as i dont subscribe to skysports or btsport, £7 to watch the match be it 24 hours later is cheap if you ask me, plus i get everything else on offer.

Last week i was offered the entire BTSports package for just £8 a month. £7 a month for LFCTV is simply ridiculous.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2014, 09:15:19 am »
Maybe we'll now be able to afford a Di Maria, Fabregas or Costa next summer? Could've done with this extra income a few months ago.

Money made from this would be lucky to cover a back up players' wages. It's the big commercial deals that make the money, along with the TV deal, and frustratingly we tend to squander most of it with our shocking record in the transfer market.

The fact it's been free for so long means a lot won't bother forking out extra for it now.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2014, 09:28:11 am »
If they had the first team's games live then £7pm would be a bargain. And if that day ever comes there would be millions of people willing to pay £20pm to watch LFCTV.

But, as others have said, £7pm gets you all of BT Sports content - the club are taking the piss.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2014, 09:31:05 am »
Sometimes would watch the odd one like if the U21's had a biggish game or something.  But not worth a subscription in my view.

This is another thing! If you were daft enough to pay the £7 ...I'd be demanding they show EVERY U21 and U18 game and they don't do that

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2014, 09:32:09 am »
Maybe we'll now be able to afford a Di Maria, Fabregas or Costa next summer? Could've done with this extra income a few months ago.

The money made off everyones monthly subscription will probably cover Johnson's wages for a few days.

:'(

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2014, 09:45:02 am »
Won't be gettin 7 quid outa me,pay enough for sky as it is.

Offline geth7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2014, 10:47:00 am »
No ta
+18 ticket exchange

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2014, 11:01:19 am »
But, as others have said, £7pm gets you all of BT Sports content - the club are taking the piss.

I don't pay for BT either, as so far this season I've not had a single Liverpool game I've had to watch on it (go to the home games), think Newcastle is the only one this first half of the season.

So for me it would make more sense to pay for LFC TV as would watch every u18 and u21 games plus some of the other content - however I won't be doing that for £7 either.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2014, 11:07:18 am »
I don't pay for BT either, as so far this season I've not had a single Liverpool game I've had to watch on it (go to the home games), think Newcastle is the only one this first half of the season.

So for me it would make more sense to pay for LFC TV as would watch every u18 and u21 games plus some of the other content - however I won't be doing that for £7 either.
Subscribe to BT Broadband and you'll get BT Sport for free.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2014, 11:11:25 am »

At the moment.  That's not sustainable long term and at some time in the future  BT Sport will no longer be free with BT Broadband.  Of course, by then people will be stuck with a BT broadband contract,  which was BT's aim all along - increase Braodband subscribers
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2014, 11:17:20 am »
I am only stuck with a BT Broadband for another till the end of the season ( IIRC BT contracts are 24 months max ) so BT Sports will be free for the rest of the contract.

But on the other hand ... long term BT will have a lot more football ( Sky's current share of the CL from August and they want a bigger portion of the PL ) which may justify the fee they MIGHT charge to BT Broadband customers.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:20:57 am by Smudgester »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2014, 11:45:48 am »

I'm in the middle of a Sky contract so can't at the moment. Plus I had BT broadband previously here and it was fucking awful which made me change in the first place.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2014, 11:50:35 am »
But on the other hand ... long term BT will have a lot more football ( Sky's current share of the CL from August and they want a bigger portion of the PL ) which may justify the fee they MIGHT charge to BT Broadband customers.

They'll definitely have to start charging if they want to compete with Sky in the long term, as paying close to £900m over the next 3yrs for CL, and £740m for PL games for 3 years, in comparison Sky paid £2.3bn for their PL games package - so will need the added income to fund that sort of bid.

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2014, 11:54:34 am »
I'm in the middle of a Sky contract so can't at the moment. Plus I had BT broadband previously here and it was fucking awful which made me change in the first place.
We are with Virgin, and where we are broadband is fantastic compared to our previous time with Sky. BTW Virgin provides BT sport free, for the moment.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2014, 12:02:44 pm »
financially, I support the club as little as I possibly can (which is still a lot)...so this is just something else that I won't be paying
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2014, 10:11:19 am »
The only content I like is the 60 minute features with past players. Not paying £7 a month for it, no doubt people will.

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2014, 10:32:22 am »
I've got to hand it to the club, they've played this superbly: start the channel normally for the first month or so of a new season, then effectively shut it down without really explaining to anyone, then ignoring masses of fans asking politely what's going on, then finally announcing they're going to charge fans to watch such treats as the human pipecleaner Claire Rourke preside over ex-pros trying to kick a ball into a bin, Davey Fairclough and Roy Evans trying to eat apples hanging on pieces of string and innumerable features such as '20 best goals against teams beginning with an A in the 80s!' Brilliant work.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2014, 10:42:12 am »
such treats as the human pipecleaner Claire Rourke

Yeah, let's throw insults at how the girl looks, that'll help.

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2014, 10:47:58 am »
'That'll help'?? What do you think this is, OFCOM?

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2014, 10:48:42 am »
Rodgers clearly thought she had something worth looking at.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2014, 10:50:41 am »
'That'll help'?? What do you think this is, OFCOM?

No, it's a site which expects certain levels of respect.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2014, 10:50:42 am »
LOL They're dreaming