Author Topic: Negativity on RAWK  (Read 33602 times)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: Negativity on RAWK
« Reply #360 on: October 21, 2014, 11:24:45 am »

Ha ha

It's like me impersonating Luis S. looking in a mirror!!!

;D

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: October 21, 2014, 11:49:27 am »

Jesus mate, those eyes are mesmerising.

:o
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: October 21, 2014, 11:52:12 am »
Ha ha

It's like me impersonating Luis S. looking in a mirror!!!

;D

:lmao

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: October 21, 2014, 12:02:28 pm »
I can see you read the OP and considered it carefully. Thank you for your time.

Was too busy pulling off the Liverpool shirts he and his grandson were wearing to watch the match in Canada.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #364 on: October 21, 2014, 12:21:44 pm »
There's too much black and white in football fans these days, and thats the problem.

We win, we're going to win the league.
We lose, get rid of the manager, he's always been awful.

I know someone who is the most fickle fan you'll ever meet. We will go a goal down, after 10 minutes, and we need to get rid of Rodgers. We win 3-1 eventually, and we played well, and hopefully that's us turned the corner. It's extremely irritating.
And that's what fans seem to be like. Far, far too willing to think A and B players are awful as soon as they have a bad run of games. The word 'support' doesn't exist for these people. If Balotelli started banging them in, he'd then be a world beater to them, but until then, he's the worst player we've ever bought.

There seems to be a sneeriness to it to. A closet bullying. And it's the way of the world now with the Internet. People can be bullies in hiding. They can say someone is shit, useless, a c*nt, etc, all behind the safety of a computer screen. It's a bullying mentality. Get on a players back, bully him to play better, not encourage him to play better.

Horrible world we live in, and it's filtered over to the 'fan' (hesitate to use the word 'supporter'.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #365 on: October 21, 2014, 12:34:20 pm »

I know someone who is the most fickle fan you'll ever meet. We will go a goal down, after 10 minutes, and we need to get rid of Rodgers .

;D

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #366 on: October 21, 2014, 12:45:19 pm »
Don't bother. You're barking up the wrong tree. For the super fans on here everything is "don't worry, be happy". So just support and keep your mouth shut. You know, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. If you see someone digging the club's grave, shut up and support. They might be planting a tree, you know.

Anyway, was an impressive performance yesterday. The whole team deserves a 9 out of 10 rating, and that only because of the 2 totally unlucky goals we conceded. Else than that it would've been a smashing 10/10. Well done and well deserved.

mee thinks you are commenting on the problem but given this poor effort you are the problem. Its posters like you that inflame any discussion with your name calling and bring the content of it down to your level, of course you might have been sarcastic  ::)
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: October 21, 2014, 12:47:33 pm »
I know someone who is the most fickle fan you'll ever meet. We will go a goal down, after 10 minutes, and we need to get rid of Rodgers. We win 3-1 eventually, and we played well, and hopefully that's us turned the corner. It's extremely irritating.

He must have been singing the hokey cokey in the last 5 minutes against QPR.

Rodgers In, Out, In, Out, Shake it all about.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #368 on: October 21, 2014, 12:48:28 pm »

Ha ha.

Brilliant

:lmao

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #369 on: October 21, 2014, 12:53:04 pm »
  ;D

I don't get it?  ???

;D
Genuinely it's like that! Half the time its nonsensical too.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #370 on: October 21, 2014, 12:59:17 pm »
Not sure why it was deleted as it's so relevant to things but here goes for those who weren't here.

As long as you continue your discussion about negativity and see a point in it, the accusation of being disrespectful will stand. No question about that whatsoever. Other than the obvious ones, of course.   :odd

What do you think ? That I type bullshit when I get offended by seeing bullshit? I don't. I just fucking don't   :moon

This was my way of saying that the discussion about negativity and folks getting offended by it is of the same level as me getting offended when certain people say something like that about fans like me. You may think that there is a point in it but there isn't any point in it at all or at least not any obvious point in it and when you (or I) or anyone for that matter within reason of course argue that "No there is something wrong in this, can't you see?" or "Yes there is can't you still see?" then people on the other side of the argument or for that matter even those on the same side of it think of it to be a discussion with a hollow reasoning or a subtle flaw in the logic or something akin to that and then there are the people in the middle of it all who do not feel any of these extreme emotions of giving a fuck and not giving one who try to figure out what the fuss is all about and eventually pick a side and work their assess off to prove their points which they think can contribute to the discussion and there by making a "strong" case.

This thread has gone too far with no point just like my argument of people being disrespectful to me which is already old hat.

And I never use a smiley as a decoy. Never ever.

Except once or twice.

:)
Silly me, I understand now and fully agree :)

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #371 on: October 21, 2014, 01:03:05 pm »
"Negativity" is a buzzword my company's executive is using wantonly these days to identify and weed out unsuitable underlings.

The word they'd really like to use, and the one they're using the word 'negative' to try and mask is the word "Critical" as in:

"There's too many people adopting a negative..CRITICAL..stance towards the management/board/trustees etc..."

Bear in mind that the management/board/trustees are fully deserving of all the criticism they're receiving, and it's plain to see why they're hiding behind the word 'negativity.'

It displaces their own responsibilities and legitimises their existence, regardless of how much avoidable folly they generate for those who are supposed to defer to them.

Be warned one and all that in this day and age, the term 'negativity' has been hijacked by those who find themselves caught up in a power-play, and need to find some way of insulating themselves....not from 'negativity' but from 'criticism.' 

In any organisation, somebody has to take ownership of the 'folly.'

Be wary of any who are a tad too quick to cite the 'negativity' of the underlings as being causal.

Sometimes, this is nought but a mask to hide a growing cancer amongst those who are being paid lots of money, but who are habitually making bad decisions and underperforming in their own esteemed roles.

Just sayin like.....

:D
YNWA

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: October 21, 2014, 01:03:17 pm »
Can i say i clearly got Timbo's point so do i get a prize?

We get people saying you lot moaned in the 80's actually moaners have been around for all my lifetime at this club, 50's - difference is simply the size of audience has changed, in the pre internet days somebody moaning in the ground would either be ingored or challenged on their views, moaners in a pub after the game would be sitting on their own or in extreme cases wearing a pint.

Nowadays someone who has watched the game on his radio it seems, posts something in here good or bad and it is read by 100's and so one or two will respond you then get the equivalent of a forest fire with lots of people chipping in with cute one liners including me at times.

one last thing never understand the title superfan, does it mean i fly into Anfield in a Liver Bird Cape?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:05:46 pm by Touchstone »
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: October 21, 2014, 01:03:59 pm »
And that's what fans seem to be like. Far, far too willing to think A and B players are awful as soon as they have a bad run of games. The word 'support' doesn't exist for these people. If Balotelli started banging them in, he'd then be a world beater to them, but until then, he's the worst player we've ever bought.

Doesn't this type of fan tend to be the most passionate though? The fan who lives or dies based on his teams result. The kind of attitude which helps create some of the crazy atmospheres in Turkey or Argentina.

I think alot of the 'negative' posts are sometimes just emotional posts. They're just annoying when they're on the internet as they don't disappear off into the ether like they would in everyday conversation.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #374 on: October 21, 2014, 01:05:16 pm »
"Negativity" is a buzzword my company's executive is using wantonly these days to identify and weed out unsuitable underlings.

The word they'd really like to use, and the one they're using the word 'negative' to try and mask is the word "Critical"

This doesn't mean people shouldn't criticize poor performances, poor form or poor decisions. It's about the nature of proper debate and criticism being constructive and thought out, rather than kneejerk. Some people seem happier to have something to complain about and post far more when we're playing badly which is just bizarre. Some people have the same agendas and it stifles good writing and decent debate. Good posters have left the site recently because of abuse and negativity and they won't be the last.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: October 21, 2014, 01:06:56 pm »
Nowadays someone who has watched the game on his radio it seems, posts something in here good or bad and it is read by 100's

They use those modern typewriters with televisions attached nowadays.  :wave

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: October 21, 2014, 01:17:36 pm »

think that bit went totally over your head, i must getting as obtuse as Timbo. ;D

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: October 21, 2014, 01:20:22 pm »
This is why I tend to stay out of the main forum.  Negativity or criticism (call it what you like) tends to turn into to abuse of the players, staff and RAWK members.  The abuse is wholly unnecessary and says more about the abuser than the person being abused.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: October 21, 2014, 01:23:42 pm »

Like this one I've got ?

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #379 on: October 21, 2014, 01:25:58 pm »

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #380 on: October 21, 2014, 01:27:33 pm »
think that bit went totally over your head, i must getting as obtuse as Timbo. ;D

Flattery'll get you nowhere Geoff.

:)

I wouldn't say i'm that fat though!!

;D

Offline scumbagcollege

• pRick
  • Kopite
  • Kick Out The Jams, Motherfuckers!
« Reply #381 on: October 21, 2014, 01:27:34 pm »
You calling  Timbo a fat bastard?:o
"Reuniting Status Quo would be like trying to get your own dick up your arse - impossible."
St Francis De Rossi

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #382 on: October 21, 2014, 01:31:21 pm »

Just takes a bit of time and perseverence for you younger fellas.

Geoff got it right away. Mind you he is in his 80's now.

;D

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #383 on: October 21, 2014, 01:32:00 pm »
You calling  Timbo a fat bastard?:o

I know. Fuckin cheek of it.

;D

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: October 21, 2014, 01:32:24 pm »
No, the the suggestion was that people took no joy from us winning an exciting game of football and some would rather we had lost to prove a point.

In Brendan's post match presser it took him about 3 questions before he was even comfortable saying he took any joy from the win. Sure he said it before that, but you could tell he just wanted to say how disappointed he was... just like many others within the reds family

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: October 21, 2014, 01:36:19 pm »
Tell us why we're shit, tell us where we're going wrong, tell us why Balotelli/Lovren/Lambert et al are rubbish/lazy/shite, but do it in a controlled objective manner.
Then also explain that if we are so shit, how is it that had we avoided defeat at City we'd be level on points with them in second place, at worst ?

Out of interest, do you expect the same for positive comments? "Tell us why we're good, tell us why it's going so well"?

If not, am I right in saying that it's acceptable to say something like "we were great today" in the post match thread but unacceptable to say "we were shite today"?
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #386 on: October 21, 2014, 01:38:32 pm »
Out of interest, do you expect the same for positive comments? "Tell us why we're good, tell us why it's going so well"?

If not, am I right in saying that it's acceptable to say something like "we were great today" in the post match thread but unacceptable to say "we were shite today"?
The answer to the first question would be that we wouldn't expect it but would certainly welcome it - far more interesting to read why someone thinks we played well, than just lots of users saying we played great.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: October 21, 2014, 01:45:33 pm »

Saying we were shit is not really what the thread is about, and I've used a lot worse on the forum after a defeat when we've been poor.

But whilst I might not have the tactical acumen of some on here at least I try to quantify my 'analysis' in subsequent posts. If you don't agree with what I put I don't really care, much like you wouldn't if I disagreed with an opinion of yours, we all have our own reasons for how we judge performances. We all have our own 'pet hates' that we focus on that others may not see.

But for the n'th time, I, and many others cannot fathom how after winning a game in such dramatic fashion, 'supporters' chose to come on here within seconds of the final whistle and use anger and frustration as a vehicle to comment, I was fucking bouncing for half an hour after that, it's what football is all about, drama, tension, elation. Yet some just play fuck from the get go ?

Don't get me wrong mate, I'll lay into players, managers etc if I think there's issues, and have been posting about such problems since Sundays game. But fuck me there's some right fucking wet dishcloths on here that just want to moan.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: October 21, 2014, 02:53:52 pm »
in my 80's pfttt i am typing this in work,  :o
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:57:46 pm by Touchstone »

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: October 21, 2014, 02:54:33 pm »

But for the n'th time, I, and many others cannot fathom how after winning a game in such dramatic fashion, 'supporters' chose to come on here within seconds of the final whistle and use anger and frustration as a vehicle to comment, I was fucking bouncing for half an hour after that, it's what football is all about, drama, tension, elation. Yet some just play fuck from the get go ?

Don't get me wrong mate, I'll lay into players, managers etc if I think there's issues, and have been posting about such problems since Sundays game. But fuck me there's some right fucking wet dishcloths on here that just want to moan.

It's really not that difficult to fathom. People express themselves in different ways. While you might feel happy that we've won in the immediate aftermath, I had more of a feeling of relief. I obviously didn't come on here and just say we were "shite", but it was clear that we got away with that one. Even our captain and our manager acknowledged that.

For some posters, it's probably a cumulative reaction of sheer relief, and disappointment in the fact that our performance level was poor yet again. We've only played one good game of football this season, and it's especially worrying when we have one of the biggest game in years against one of the biggest teams in the world coming up shortly.

Again, it is all about expression though. If we were shite, then it should be explained why.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: October 21, 2014, 03:53:14 pm »
Was too busy pulling off the Liverpool shirts he and his grandson were wearing to watch the match in Canada.
;D

I'm glad someone said it.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: October 21, 2014, 04:01:41 pm »
In Brendan's post match presser it took him about 3 questions before he was even comfortable saying he took any joy from the win. Sure he said it before that, but you could tell he just wanted to say how disappointed he was... just like many others within the reds family
He's not a fan though ,of course he and the players are going to take it worse as they've been working on the training ground all week for the match and it all went to Shit.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: October 21, 2014, 04:06:11 pm »

I think 95% of the posters in the post match thread said we were shite ,because we clearly were ,most of which were done in a jokey celebratory way. Those posts weren't the problem though  and if you stopped taking offence thinking all the abuse towards negativity was aimed at you personally ,you would know that. 

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #393 on: October 21, 2014, 04:09:31 pm »
Got a feeling the positivity will be overdrive in about 30 hours time.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: October 21, 2014, 05:24:45 pm »
The answer to the first question would be that we wouldn't expect it but would certainly welcome it - far more interesting to read why someone thinks we played well, than just lots of users saying we played great.

According to the logic that it's not expected of us to go into detail about the positives, surely it's a little unfair to expect users to take time to compile a detailed report of 'where it all went wrong' every time we want to vent our frustration or indeed state a fact about the game?

Saying we were shit is not really what the thread is about, and I've used a lot worse on the forum after a defeat when we've been poor.

In that case, let's be clear on what the thread is about (according to an explanation from the person who started the topic).

There's a difference between debate and persistent negativity though. It's not about 'the thought police',it's about people being unable to take any joy from a Liverpool win regardless of the inadequacies of the performance. Of course we were rubbish. My opening post said we played badly, I'm not hiding from this at all, or pretending that we were any better than we were. But we won, so in my humble opinion, some of the unadulterated fury and anger should be tempered by the tiniest bit of joy :)

So the crux of the matter is users who (seemingly) take no joy from the win and apparently enjoy moaning.

L66 mate, I've met many fellow reds in my life but I've honestly never, ever come across one who enjoys it when we lose so that he or she can enjoy having a good moan about it. I've seen users complain about comments after the QPR game such as 'I wanted us to lose to Rodgers would go' etc. We'd all agree that irrational fucking crazy comments like that are totally unacceptable, but (correct me if I'm wrong) comments as ridiculous as that were few and far between were they not? Surely no more than a handful at most? Comments like that I do have a problem with, but if users want to have a rational moan after a game it doesn't bother me in the slightest. On the basis that this thread has been started over the type of comment I've just highlighted, is it not a bit of an overreaction to start a thread about 'negativity on rawk' on the basis of a very small number of stupid comments?

Anyone with half a brain knows we were shite at the weekend and lucky to come away with three points. I was buzzing after the win, I couldn't stop smiling! I'd a spring in my step for the rest of the day but having seen the way Liverpool defended, I had concerns, particularly about the visit of Real Madrid three days later. Why if somebody expresses that we were lucky to win, must they be accused of taking joy from negativity? Were some of you accusing Jamie Carragher of enjoying the chance to twist the knife when he called us 'awful' on Sky Sports? Concern is a good thing for a fan, it's a sign that we care. Again, I find it deeply patronising that if I ever wish to express concerns after a victory, I have to first state that I'm 'happy we won'; it goes without saying that we as reds are all happy to have won!

But for the n'th time, I, and many others cannot fathom how after winning a game in such dramatic fashion, 'supporters' chose to come on here within seconds of the final whistle and use anger and frustration as a vehicle to comment, I was fucking bouncing for half an hour after that, it's what football is all about, drama, tension, elation. Yet some just play fuck from the get go?

Seriously mate, why the inverted commas? Are the true supporters the ones who only post positive comments in the immediate aftermath of a victory and wait 24 hours before displaying any sign of concern? I promise that's not sarcasm by the way (in case it's come across that way), it's a genuine question.

I think 95% of the posters in the post match thread said we were shite ,because we clearly were ,most of which were done in a jokey celebratory way. Those posts weren't the problem though and if you stopped taking offence thinking all the abuse towards negativity was aimed at you personally ,you would know that.

I haven't taken anything personally mate. I didn't actually moan after the game  ;)
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #395 on: October 21, 2014, 05:27:03 pm »
Got a feeling the positivity will be overdrive in about 30 hours time.

This might spark a thread on RAWK positivity....   with AWESOME SAUCE
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:50:01 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #396 on: October 21, 2014, 05:35:59 pm »

Thank god finally someone understood it.

Btw I own the copyrights to this post.  ;D
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: October 21, 2014, 05:42:55 pm »

So the crux of the matter is users who (seemingly) take no joy from the win and apparently enjoy moaning.

L66 mate, I've met many fellow reds in my life but I've honestly never, ever come across one who enjoys it when we lose so that he or she can enjoy having a good moan about it. I've seen users complain about comments after the QPR game such as 'I wanted us to lose to Rodgers would go' etc. We'd all agree that irrational fucking crazy comments like that are totally unacceptable, but (correct me if I'm wrong) comments as ridiculous as that were few and far between were they not? Surely no more than a handful at most? Comments like that I do have a problem with, but if users want to have a rational moan after a game it doesn't bother me in the slightest. On the basis that this thread has been started over the type of comment I've just highlighted, is it not a bit of an overreaction to start a thread about 'negativity on rawk' on the basis of a very small number of stupid comments?

Anyone with half a brain knows we were shite at the weekend and lucky to come away with three points. I was buzzing after the win, I couldn't stop smiling! I'd a spring in my step for the rest of the day but having seen the way Liverpool defended, I had concerns, particularly about the visit of Real Madrid three days later. Why if somebody expresses that we were lucky to win, must they be accused of taking joy from negativity? Were some of you accusing Jamie Carragher of enjoying the chance to twist the knife when he called us 'awful' on Sky Sports? Concern is a good thing for a fan, it's a sign that we care. Again, I find it deeply patronising that if I ever wish to express concerns after a victory, I have to first state that I'm 'happy we won'; it goes without saying that we as reds are all happy to have won!

Seriously mate, why the inverted commas? Are the true supporters the ones who only post positive comments in the immediate aftermath of a victory and wait 24 hours before displaying any sign of concern? I promise that's not sarcasm by the way (in case it's come across that way), it's a genuine question.

I never have, never will either. And there's loads that don't.

It's the moaning for moaning sake that irks most on here mate.

I'd rather someone spent an hour telling us why in his opinion Rodgers should be sacked, than the constant tirade of one liners.
I'd love to read about it, I may agree with some things he says, I may not.
But if someone takes the time to do it the least I'll do is be polite enough to read it. And if it's been put together in a controlled, objective manner, I'll relpy the same.

Sunday for me is what football is all about, up and down, rollercoaster ride that put me through every emotional feeling imaginable. Yourself also it seems. Did it cross your mind to come on here and play fuck ? Your first post, seconds after the final whistle, "Right, where's RAWK, I'm gonna go mad".

I think most on here were ready to vent, it looked like we'd thrown it away twice, people were still in that mindset.

I honestly think folk come on here, drop a hand grenade, then disappear. I've done it, you've probably done it. But for some, it's all they do, and that's what spoils it. At this point the elation at winning turns to moaning at how shit we were and how crap this weeks scapegoat is. It's organic, if you re read the post match you can see it happening.

Like Willy Wonka, I just want people to be happy.
Save the moaning for when we lose.

It could be worse, Timbo still thinks FSG are moving Anfield to London.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:46:33 pm by L666KOP »

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: October 21, 2014, 05:47:38 pm »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #399 on: October 21, 2014, 05:51:46 pm »
According to the logic that it's not expected of us to go into detail about the positives, surely it's a little unfair to expect users to take time to compile a detailed report of 'where it all went wrong' every time we want to vent our frustration or indeed state a fact about the game?
Yes that would be very unfair, luckily we've never suggested anything of the sort, only asking that criticism is constructive and not just 'we were shite' 'Balotelli is rubbish' etc.