Author Topic: Our Attack - meaning people at the club now - not players you fancy signing  (Read 79408 times)

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
Re: Our Attack
« Reply #240 on: October 18, 2014, 04:04:21 pm »
That Corner?

Funny that we have 35m+ plus worth strikers besides Sturridge and 17m worth strikers on loan. Yet some people are complaining about lack of spending  :D.

Its not so much about what you spend though, its about who you spend it on!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #241 on: October 18, 2014, 08:45:47 pm »
We need to stop shopping in the Daniel "Made of Glass" section of players.

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2014, 12:15:13 am »
Put Gerrard close to him. This will be our attack for a few games until we have Sturridge back.

really wanting to see this against QPR. Henderson and Lucas behind with lallana and either sterling or coutinho also supporting. Thing that front line would get some joy and allow Mario to actually get in the box and not come so deep, Gerrard would physically be pushing him forward.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2014, 04:32:21 am »
We needed a body of Sterling and Coutinho's class in the squad. He didnt need to be a massive improvement as its not like those two are run of the mill players. Lallana thus is a player we needed. Last season our options were Moses and Alberto and now its Lallana and Markovic.

We will get a dm. Lovren will come good. You cannot sort it all out at 1 time.

Sort it all out.  We nearly won the league last year. This year were gonna battle spurs for 5th place. Like I said the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

I don't disagree on your Lallana comments, however we overspent on him. Lovren, well see, but my point stands. 37 on 2 LCB and neither are obviously better than Agger.

I see you've brushed over how much shitter our attack is.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2014, 06:20:24 am »
Sort it all out.  We nearly won the league last year. This year were gonna battle spurs for 5th place. Like I said the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

I don't disagree on your Lallana comments, however we overspent on him. Lovren, well see, but my point stands. 37 on 2 LCB and neither are obviously better than Agger.

I see you've brushed over how much shitter our attack is.
I disagree. Proven world class players were going for 50m+ . Look at Di maria,Suarez etc. Fabregas wanted London and Costa had release clause.

I think price for Lallana was a fair in current market.
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline Chris Vincent

• This is how I interpret myself.
  • Anny Roader
  • The Liverpool Way - Fierce But Fair
    • Liverpool FC
« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2014, 08:22:43 am »
Nothing wrong with our transfer window at all

Exactly. Lazar Markovic & Adam Lallana are very good attacking players. They just need time to adapt to Brendan Rodgers's 'Possession' football philosophy.

As for Balotelli, at £16m & £100k-a-week, he was worth the calculated gamble (I say this despite not being a fan of his prior to his Liverpool move). If it works out for Mario at Liverpool, then great; if it doesn't, then it will be relatively easily to sell him.

Then there is also Divock Origi, a very talented striker, who is set to return for next season. A crucial part of the deal to get him was to loan him back - not a big sacrifice considering how important a player he could be for Liverpool in years to come.

Given the current market prices, all those talented attacking players were brought in as reasonable prices - so this has to be deemed a successful transfer window for Liverpool.
Men & Women are Equal but Not Identical. They are the Same in Many Ways but also Different in Others. That Difference should be Celebrated & Embraced.

A Man has to be a Man, Strong & Dominant, while at the same time be Sensitive to the Specific Needs of a Woman & Admire her Inner Beauty.

Liverpool FC

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2014, 08:40:56 am »
Exactly. Lazar Markovic & Adam Lallana are very good attacking players. They just need time to adapt to Brendan Rodgers's 'Possession' football philosophy.

As for Balotelli, at £16m & £100k-a-week, he was worth the calculated gamble (I say this despite not being a fan of his prior to his Liverpool move). If it works out for Mario at Liverpool, then great; if it doesn't, then it will be relatively easily to sell him.

Then there is also Divock Origi, a very talented striker, who is set to return for next season. A crucial part of the deal to get him was to loan him back - not a big sacrifice considering how important a player he could be for Liverpool in years to come.

Given the current market prices, all those talented attacking players were brought in as reasonable prices - so this has to be deemed a successful transfer window for Liverpool.

Origi is completely unknown and wont factor until next year, so Im not including him.

Lazer Markovic is a very good attacking player???  Wow.  He may come good, he may be great, but so far hes been very poor.

Balotelli worth the gamble. Well maybe, I take your point hes not overly expensive. However the gamble so far is not coming off he, like Markovic, has contributed very little.

If the transfer window was a success why are we a worse team than last year? 

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2014, 08:41:48 am »
I disagree. Proven world class players were going for 50m+ . Look at Di maria,Suarez etc. Fabregas wanted London and Costa had release clause.

I think price for Lallana was a fair in current market.

To be fair you have a point, prices seem to be going up. 

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2014, 03:21:50 pm »
Balo surprisingly is so poor.
Thought he's better than this
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2014, 03:22:51 pm »
Balo surprisingly is so poor.
Thought he's better than this

Needs to be benched.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2014, 03:23:49 pm »
We have an attack? Bar Sterling we don't have any threat.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2014, 03:27:51 pm »
Balotelli annoys me not just because of his all round game (which is shocking) but the fact he doesn't look like he's giving a shit or busting his balls to try and change things.

Online Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2014, 03:29:11 pm »
I find it hard to belive Borini would do any worse than Mario at the moment. in fact i dont believe he would do any worse. Pretty much every attack breaks down around Ballotelli. He just shoots or doesnt get his head up. Basics of an attacker in a top team.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2014, 03:30:14 pm »
Despite some promise at the end of our previous game, that entire 95 mins convinced me that we would not be worse off if we started Borino/youth strikers, than Mario. Think he just played himself out of our hearts to be honest

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2014, 03:30:15 pm »
I might sound a bit like I'm a disbeliever now, but for the sake of many things right now I would like Rodgers to come out and say something regarding how we are performing. Whatever it might be, how truthful he wishes to put it, etc. I want him to publicly calm my tense nerves and my fragile faith in it all by just stating the obvious that we are under performing or just not good enough or whatever and we are going to fix it.

Yes understand that when it's so obvious to people like me, he's seen it 10 steps before me, but it feels like we're going it about in the same bad formula as previous games. It in my eyes looks shite atm.

Offline Gaylism

• Boys Pen
« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2014, 03:30:33 pm »
I feel sorry for Balotelli , his confidence looks to be at an all time low.

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2014, 03:30:37 pm »
We don't need a striker, we need to launch fast counter attacks and let the opposition's defenders pass the ball into their net.

Seriously though, we looked really dangerous in the counter, that's a little encouraging ahead of the game against RMad. Their defense is not exactly steady, their midfield is  focused on creating rather than destroying. Sterling and Coutinho can cause chaos, if we manage to withstand the pressure.

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2014, 03:33:42 pm »
Poor Mario has forgotten how to score.  I think it's the system.   Too much running around and doing other stuff that.   Rodgers is using him like he is Suarez but these guys are night and day and are very different players.

On a very positive note, it looks like Coutinho has got his mojo back after sambaing with Neymar and co.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2014, 03:36:02 pm »
Just feel sorry  for Balotelli. Getting attacked from all angles.   Twitter just full of our so called own fans slagging him off which some of the newspapers have picked up on now.

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2014, 03:36:44 pm »
  so this has to be deemed a successful transfer window for Liverpool.

A successful transfer window is one that adequately prepares you to meet your objectives that season.

We had a very poor transfer window.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2014, 03:36:50 pm »
Balotelli just looks like a square peg in a round hole. Sometimes he tries to fit in and works hard, but sometimes just stops playing. I know he needs to round the edges and fit in the team, but how do you make a decision whether we should persist with him or not? And this is said at a time when we don't have Sturridge available. And what does that say about Borini? Is really Borini that bad that he can't sniff a chance in our current predicament?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2014, 03:38:04 pm »
We're carrying Balotelli at the moment, he contributes little and slows down our attack, also players are so focused on trying to set him up for a goal our attacks keep faltering. And the constant greediness is getting tiring. I don't want to blame him for everything the team as a whole was poor, but he brings up more issues than he solves at the moment.

I've been impressed by some of his work rate previously but I thought he was awful today, culminating in his Rosenthal-recreation. Brendan should have hooked him off. For his own benefit as much as anything.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:42:24 pm by Father Ted »

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2014, 03:38:42 pm »
Should we try a false-9 (since Sturridge is out)?

1. We need to start Lallana & Coutinho together to improve our forward creation.
2. With Balotelli, Lambert and Markovic struggling - who's going to play upfront? Should we try a false-9?

Who'd be our false-9? No obvious solution here either. Lallana? Sterling? The way our guys are shooting, I would've preferred Jonjo upfront.

Obviously, we need to control games too. Joe Allen would help in the middle.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2014, 03:40:40 pm »
Balotelli looks absolutely devoid of confidence - people are slating him but I'm not sure why. Bad form? He's in horrendous form, the worst form of his life, but to the people saying he doesn't care, he's a shocking Liverpool player, etc. etc. - that's not what I'm seeing. I'm seeing a striker forced to play a role he's not comfortable with, and doing a manful job of it. I see a player working harder than he's worked for any other team. Above all, I see a player who desperately needs support.

I think our attack desperately needs Sturridge - he's what holds the attack together. Not because of his incredible talent, but because he's literally the only player in the squad with that skillset, but it's something that's desperately needed because that ability to create space, to really lead the line and offer that threat of darting in between defenders as well as being in the right place at the right time - that's what's missing. It's the key component. People will say it's underplaying the problems, but it's not. It's really that simple - our problem isn't so much systematic as it is in terms of personnel. We really, really missed out big by not getting Remy and having to get Balotelli instead.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2014, 03:42:10 pm »
Balotelli should be dropped and play only cup games.He is awful,can't score a goal to save his life.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2014, 03:42:11 pm »

A successful transfer window is one that adequately prepares you to meet your objectives that season.

We had a very poor transfer window.
Totally agree to date not one of the players we signed look good buys.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2014, 03:42:30 pm »
Heskey was better than Balotelli.

It's quite damning but give him time? 

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2014, 03:42:43 pm »
Totally agree to date not one of the players we signed look good buys.

Moreno, Manquillo and Lallana have been good for us.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 19, 2014, 03:42:56 pm »
I always wondered why Milan were so desperate to get rid. Balotelli is hopeless. Another huge waste of money.

Lambert this whole deal baffled me from the very start. Being a fan shouldn't be reason enough to get a transfer here.

Offline doughnutsandpiper

• Kemlynite
« Reply #269 on: October 19, 2014, 03:43:34 pm »
Just feel sorry  for Balotelli. Getting attacked from all angles.   Twitter just full of our so called own fans slagging him off which some of the newspapers have picked up on now.

sorry to burst your bubble, but they do have a point. He's had more chances than most players get in their entire careers and everytime he fails.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #270 on: October 19, 2014, 03:45:34 pm »
That stupid fucking flick at the end where he could have put us 3-2 up if he had just put his foot through it - WTF was that.

Bench him please.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 19, 2014, 03:48:30 pm »
Balotelli's confidence is shattered. Reminds me of Torres at Chelsea. Fans slagging him off will not fix anything. He needs to score a goal that satisfies him (not a tap in). He knows he's fucked up multiple opportunities to score and is trying to make up for it with his wasteful longshots.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: October 19, 2014, 03:49:34 pm »
Yes Balotelli was horrible today, didn't get much or anything to click, that's the reality of it. Exactly why this happened, well there's plenty of reasons as we all know. But fucking idiots of fans that slagging him off and putting that shite on him, on Twitter, horrible little twats of fans really.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: October 19, 2014, 03:49:58 pm »
I always wondered why Milan were so desperate to get rid. Balotelli is hopeless. Another huge waste of money.

Lambert this whole deal baffled me from the very start. Being a fan shouldn't be reason enough to get a transfer here.

He wasn't this bad at Milan especially in his first half-season there.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #274 on: October 19, 2014, 03:50:47 pm »
I think he just needs 1 to go in and we'll see a different player. His confidence is shattered, and I think he's trying to hard to score. Forcing it.

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2014, 03:51:06 pm »
He knows he's fucked up multiple opportunities to score and is trying to make up for it with his wasteful longshots.

He's been doing that since the first day he got here.

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2014, 03:51:26 pm »
That stupid fucking flick at the end where he could have put us 3-2 up if he had just put his foot through it - WTF was that.

Bench him please.

Didn't catch the replay, was he not facing away from goal?

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2014, 03:51:33 pm »
I think he just needs 1 to go in and we'll see a different player. His confidence is shattered.

He scored 1 against Ludogorets.Did not help.
The guy is a shit finisher.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2014, 03:52:55 pm »
We're stuck here with Sturridge out for another month, we need to stick with him, get behind him and hope he finds some form.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2014, 03:54:09 pm »
We turned down a player for 8.5 million and bought a dud for  16 million,yet Chelsea took that 8.5 million player and he is working out fine even on very limited game time.Balotelli doesn't look like he is capable of turning it around his shooting is dire and his over all play piss poor.
Kenny Godglish