Author Topic: Liverpool v Middlesbrough (League Cup - Pre Match Thread), Tuesday 23/09/14 7:45  (Read 33643 times)

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
So protecting sterling lasted 55 minutes .....

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Talks about Sterling getting burnt out and then plays him in this, weird!

Strong team should be enough to do the job.

3-2
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
The decision to leave Sterling out against Villa now looks even stranger though.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
That's about right. We're playing players who need a game, good chance to play Rossiter and we're resting players who need resting.

The Sterling thing is baffling though, why we're rest him in a vital Premier League game to modify his minutes but play him tonight when he's going to play the next few midweeks and weekends as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Crazy Diamond

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Very surprised Mignolet starts.

Indeed.  Was expecting Brad to start against his old team

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
Awesome team.
- Simon gets to find some form.
- pace around lambert
- lambert captain?
- the key is the midfield. Glad to see rossiter start
- great defense, on paper

Offline longtimered

• Kopite
The decision to leave Sterling out against Villa now looks even stranger though.

Totally agree-very strange.

Offline The Batman.

• Kopite
  • I'm Batman...
Strong team. Should be an easy win. Sad that Suso seems to not even be getting a chance despite impressing in pre season.
“It’s everything. For the people of Liverpool, football is a way of life. For many other cites or countries it’s a sport and it’s a pastime but football here is a way of life”

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Stronger team than we all thought.  Given our injuries and other fixtures I reckon that is a giveaway that Rodgers wants to go far in this.  Even it is only the League Cup.  Looking forward to this. 

3-1 to Liverpool.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
What was the point In sterling not playing against villa?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Sterling not starting against Everton, obviously ;)
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Cloudstepper

• Anny Roader
Sterling? really... bizarre... a game he doesn't need to play with the Derby so close... nailed on to pick up an injury now

Offline Pidalow

• Legacy Fan
  • Success is not forever and failure isn’t fatal.
So we rest Sterling in the premier league and start with him in the league cup. Very strange by Rodgers, but im guessing if Coutinho wasnt injured he would play instead. Anyways good team, cant wait to watch Markovic and Rossiter!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hang on....

Drop sterling for Villa at home in the premier league. But play him against m'boro in the cup we value the least this season and a derby in a few days? That's just odd.

But its a team that should win and happy to see rossiter there

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
Sterling was rested on the back of 2 England games he's had a rest so im guessing he'll play maybe 60 min of this one and Suso will replace him giving him plenty of rest before the weekend.

Looking forward to watching that lineup the 3 behind Lambert looks exciting.

Offline dast18

• Legacy Fan
Feels weird with games coming so often now. A nice kind of weird. Let's go  :scarf
If he was Dudek would've saved it...and there would be no film.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Lucas!
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
Very surprised Mignolet starts.

sign he's on the bubble for the race for the back-up keeper spot?

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
Perhaps BR wants to get the job done early and bring Suso on for Sterling at HT?

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Sterling starting shows that Brendan clearly wants trophies in the cabinet. Good, the way it should be!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Boro XI: Blackman, Friend, Ayala, Fredericks, Leadbitter, Clayton, Kike, Tomlin, Reach, Omeruo, Adomah.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
The fact that Lucas didn't get the captain's armband tonight is very telling. Made up for Lambert though!

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
So we rest Sterling in the premier league and start with him in the league cup. Very strange by Rodgers, but im guessing if Coutinho wasnt injured he would play instead. Anyways good team, cant wait to watch Markovic and Rossiter!

Sterling was rested because he played 2 games for England and then he faced a PL game and then a CL game so unless he was rested for one of those games it was going to be a lot of games in a short time.

Its more the order the games came in, if the CL game we instead the league cup game im sure he would have started against Villa.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Sterling was rested on the back of 2 England games he's had a rest so im guessing he'll play maybe 60 min of this one and Suso will replace him giving him plenty of rest before the weekend.

Looking forward to watching that lineup the 3 behind Lambert looks exciting.

He was hauled off the bench early to try and rescue the game, hardly a rest. Other than that he's playing 90 minutes 3 x every week.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
Not sure why we're starting Sterling. Do you need him that badly? I know he doesn't really have a future here but surely Suso could play an hour against this lot.

That said the team should be able to get the job done. Interesting to see how the midfield lines up, 2-1 or 1-2.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.

He was rested against Villa because he played two games for England in a week. He needed a rest.

Now he doesn't need a rest. What's the point in resting a player who doesn't need a rest?

Think I said rest too much there.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
The fact that Lucas didn't get the captain's armband tonight is very telling. Made up for Lambert though!

Could just be a sentimental pick by BR.  Love to see him get is first goal wearing the armband though 

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

sign he's on the bubble for the race for the back-up keeper spot?

Was thinking that when I typed it actually. Maybe Jones is being rested for the derby?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
He was rested against Villa because he played two games for England in a week. He needed a rest.

Now he doesn't need a rest. What's the point in resting a player who doesn't need a rest?

Think I said rest too much there.
Give it a rest.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
I'm glad Gerrard is no where close this squad. But Sterling shouldn't be playing.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:59:46 pm by Zoomers »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
He was hauled off the bench early to try and rescue the game, hardly a rest. Other than that he's playing 90 minutes 3 x every week.

and he'll probably only play an hour of this one so he'll get plenty of rest before the weekend.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
Boro XI: Blackman, Friend, Ayala, Fredericks, Leadbitter, Clayton, Kike, Tomlin, Reach, Omeruo, Adomah.

How close to full strength is that lineup?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
What was the point In sterling not playing against villa?
He had just been Hodgsoned and Markovic was suspended for CL so made perfect sense

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Happy for Rossiter and Lambert. Happy Markovic is playing. Can see that defence leaking goals. Would have rested Sterling.

COME ON YOU REDS!
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Would have liked Suso instead of Sterling but good team that.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Lambert captains the side :) Made up for the lad.

Great stuff!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline thegeneral3018

• Kemlynite
Can someone tell me why Jordan Williams is also known as Michael? Ta

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...

I'll admit to not following Boro much at all, is that pretty much their strongest available line-up?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
Was thinking that when I typed it actually. Maybe Jones is being rested for the derby?
Doubt it. Probably more a chance or Mignolet to get his sharpness up

Offline The Batman.

• Kopite
  • I'm Batman...
Lambert captain over Lucas? Really?

And supposedly Lambert wasn't a sentimental signing...
“It’s everything. For the people of Liverpool, football is a way of life. For many other cites or countries it’s a sport and it’s a pastime but football here is a way of life”