Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2624743 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #25600 on: June 30, 2021, 08:49:13 pm »
He's got a two year contract!

It's like he's temping so he doesn't need to move house, while he waits for the merry go round and for his agent to find him a better job in the next year

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #25601 on: June 30, 2021, 08:50:35 pm »
Two-year deal. Not exactly a vote of confidence.

once bitten and all that!

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25602 on: June 30, 2021, 09:12:33 pm »
Bit shit for Spurs really, hardly an inspirational appointment. Wouldn't be surprised if they're looking again this time next year.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25603 on: June 30, 2021, 09:18:33 pm »
Bit shit for Spurs really, hardly an inspirational appointment. Wouldn't be surprised if they're looking again this time next year.

that may be their intention.

This has been a complete clusterfuck for them, Nuno is a long way down the list of who they thought they’d be able to get. But he’s someone who knows the league and probably a safe pair of hands as it where.   

IF he does great, then fantastic, but he’s on a pretty short contract for a reason and will be replaced sharpish if a better target becomes available.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25604 on: June 30, 2021, 09:21:28 pm »
From all the whispers I think it's that he's not an inspirational appointment that is the biggest plus for Levy.  Their plan seems to be about making sure the ship holds water and paying down some of the debt.  That they appointed Mourinho suggests they were intending to gun for the trophies but maybe the pandemic and the death of FFP has made them re-think that.

I don't see Levy sacking him no matter what the fans think, just so long as he plays along with sell-to-buy.

Offline zimmie'5555

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25605 on: June 30, 2021, 09:26:04 pm »
that may be their intention.

This has been a complete clusterfuck for them, Nuno is a long way down the list of who they thought they’d be able to get. But he’s someone who knows the league and probably a safe pair of hands as it where.   

IF he does great, then fantastic, but he’s on a pretty short contract for a reason and will be replaced sharpish if a better target becomes available.

Seems about right, there comes a point where they have to appoint somebody I suppose and Nuno is a big enough name to save a little face in the short term.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25606 on: June 30, 2021, 09:36:43 pm »
Well frankly it was him or Klinsmann as the only two options left who hadn’t quickly distanced themselves from the job.

Prediction…the boyhood Gooner mouth breather will have forced a move to City in August, and you just know that a big chunk of that money will disappear to pay down some of the stadium debt, whilst signing another Lamela/Bergwijn type for a huge fee. Son will finally grow some ambition and push for a move in January and Spurs will again tread water and constantly battle for mediocrity under Nuno.

This is their lot in life, endless Spur-gatory (*coat already donned, sorry*)
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline zimmie'5555

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25607 on: June 30, 2021, 09:37:56 pm »
Well frankly it was him or Klinsmann as the only two options left who hadn’t quickly distanced themselves from the job.

Prediction…the boyhood Gooner mouth breather will have forced a move to City in August, and you just know that a big chunk of that money will disappear to pay down some of the stadium debt, whilst signing another Lamela/Bergwijn type for a huge fee. Son will finally grow some ambition and push for a move in January and Spurs will again tread water and constantly battle for mediocrity under Nuno. This is their lot in life, endless Spur-gatory (*coat already donned, sorry*)

Traore and Jimenez in for the Kane money

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25608 on: June 30, 2021, 10:21:21 pm »
If Levy comes out and says they got the manager they wanted you have to give it to him, the man has some balls.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25609 on: June 30, 2021, 10:47:26 pm »
It will be interesting to see how Levy and Mendes will get along. This could be interesting ...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25610 on: June 30, 2021, 10:51:44 pm »
He's got a two year contract!

It's like he's temping so he doesn't need to move house, while he waits for the merry go round and for his agent to find him a better job in the next year

Maybe he's hoping Real Madrid come in for him next season?  ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25611 on: July 1, 2021, 09:31:00 am »
It's like the Everton and Tottenham job offers got mixed up in the post and now Rafa and Nuno are just sort of carrying on like that dude who got mistakenly interviewed by the BBC live on the news, rather than for an accountants job.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #25612 on: July 1, 2021, 09:49:58 am »
It will be interesting to see how Levy and Mendes will get along. This could be interesting ...
Well they just spent over a year in close connection via Mourinho. They can't have gotten along that poorly otherwise another Mendes client would never have been an option.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25613 on: July 1, 2021, 09:53:30 am »
It's like the Everton and Tottenham job offers got mixed up in the post and now Rafa and Nuno are just sort of carrying on like that dude who got mistakenly interviewed by the BBC live on the news, rather than for an accountants job.

:lmao :lmao

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #25614 on: July 1, 2021, 07:25:06 pm »
If you're getting into bed with Nuno you're getting into bed with Mendes.  Can't see Kane hanging around for this which means money for Mendes to spend(take).

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25615 on: July 1, 2021, 07:44:21 pm »

This is their lot in life, endless Spur-gatory (*coat already donned, sorry*)
They've actually had a very good 10 or 12 years, but you're right now. They will revert to what they always were despite me having huge respect for Nuno.

Their run started when one of the Walshys on here predicted Spurs and City won't ever finish above us. Fucking jinx :)

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #25616 on: July 1, 2021, 07:46:59 pm »
If you're getting into bed with Nuno you're getting into bed with Mendes. Can't see Kane hanging around for this which means money for Mendes to spend(take).

He doesn't have a choice !!
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25617 on: July 1, 2021, 08:24:19 pm »
It's a shame Son is almost 29, he'd have been ideal for the Reds.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #25618 on: July 2, 2021, 09:10:16 am »
phenomenally uninspiring appointment really, you'd think a few player would want out

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25619 on: July 2, 2021, 09:11:54 am »
It's a shame Son is almost 29, he'd have been ideal for the Reds.

Well sort of, but if he was 24 or something he'd be spoken about as potentially one of the most expensive signings in world football
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25620 on: July 2, 2021, 09:56:17 am »
People keep saying 'deal with the devil etc' about Mendes and Spurs - he's already been rooted in the club for over a year now, he's Mourinho's agent also and already managed to get massive contracts for Vinicius and Gedson despite them being useless once they were here. This isn't some new surprise that is occurring due to Nuno being hired.

Talk that Mendes will manoeuvre Renato Sanches into Spurs as a marquee signing. Would be a good signing but his injury record is questionable.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #25621 on: July 2, 2021, 10:15:54 am »
I think it's a good appointment actually...
Decent manager, decent team , would have considered him before a few of the others
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25622 on: July 2, 2021, 10:27:36 am »
Have the media dragged Harry Redknapp out to give his opinion on this appointment yet? He thinks spurs can win the league every season.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #25623 on: July 2, 2021, 12:09:41 pm »
Alderweireld the latest to tell them he wants out.
AHA!

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25624 on: July 2, 2021, 12:15:52 pm »
Won't be the last. He nearly escaped before didn't he before Levy recaptured him with the 'lure' of Mourinho?

Next up Son if he grows some sort of spine. Then there's Dele Alli who seems to have discovered a hitherto-unseen work ethic too, obviously looking for other suitors if his come and get me pleas to Poch falls on deaf ears.

It's all going spectacularly well down there in N17. The phrase 'house of cards' springs to mind.

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25625 on: July 2, 2021, 12:22:55 pm »
Won't be the last. He nearly escaped before didn't he before Levy recaptured him with the 'lure' of Mourinho?

Next up Son if he grows some sort of spine. Then there's Dele Alli who seems to have discovered a hitherto-unseen work ethic too, obviously looking for other suitors if his come and get me pleas to Poch falls on deaf ears.

It's all going spectacularly well down there in N17. The phrase 'house of cards' springs to mind.
Honestly I'd 100% have Deli Alli here and use him in the Firmino role. I think he'd be fantastic under Klopp and he'd get to fulfil his childhood dreams.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25626 on: July 2, 2021, 12:32:21 pm »

Going to be a rebuild.

Of that squad that consistantly got them CL, but ultimately won nothing - Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dembele, Trippier, Walker and Rose have already left.  Now Alderweireld is leaving, Kane wants out. The likes of Loris and Lamela have a year left on their deals so also could be out soon. Only Son, Ali and Dier have long term deals of that group.  The players brought in over the last 2 or 3 years have been very hit and miss, with really no huge successes as of yet.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25627 on: July 2, 2021, 12:33:58 pm »
Honestly I'd 100% have Deli Alli here and use him in the Firmino role. I think he'd be fantastic under Klopp and he'd get to fulfil his childhood dreams.
Delusional. Once upon a time sure, but he's damaged goods in every sense.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25628 on: July 2, 2021, 01:00:57 pm »
Depending on the price he is definitely worth a punt. The talent is there and he maybe just needs a change of scenery. Getting out of London may help. Stranger things have happened.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25629 on: July 2, 2021, 01:03:51 pm »

Everton type signing.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25630 on: July 2, 2021, 01:04:27 pm »

Shouldn't have signed a new contract then
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25631 on: July 2, 2021, 01:05:41 pm »
Even the crap wants to leave  ;D damn.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25632 on: July 2, 2021, 01:14:21 pm »

80k per week and 2 years to go. Club would be silly to let him go.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25633 on: July 2, 2021, 02:57:44 pm »
Disagree entirely. He's lost his way, but he's still only just 25, has 2 elite seasons under his belt in the past, is mobile, tall, strong and technically decent. He went off the boil under Pochettino towards the end, but Mourinho used him as his scapegoat as he does at every club - see Shaw at Utd - and I think given a new challenge and some direction, there's still an excellent player there.

Last year he only got 15 games and was poor, granted. The season before, 16 G+A in 35 matches, the one before that, 11 in 35, the season before that, 21 in 36 and his best season was the one prior, where he got 29 G+A in 42. It perhaps points to a decline, I think given Spurs' own decline in that time, it's more of a loss of form. He can recover, he just needs the right environment. He's had one truly bad season and he's been written off as 'damaged goods.' Why exactly?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25634 on: July 2, 2021, 05:44:05 pm »
Comes across as a bit of a twat, though, so not sure he'd fit well into a Klopp squad
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25635 on: July 2, 2021, 05:44:12 pm »
Amazing to think that these were very close to signing Grealish the season we won the Champions League. The only reason he didn't sign was that the club was bought out in the middle of the Summer and the new owners pulled the plug on the deal.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25636 on: July 3, 2021, 09:36:33 am »
Amazing to think that these were very close to signing Grealish the season we won the Champions League. The only reason he didn't sign was that the club was bought out in the middle of the Summer and the new owners pulled the plug on the deal.

And most people thought hed be a waste of money, hes come a long way since then

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #25637 on: July 3, 2021, 09:47:05 am »
Depending on the price he is definitely worth a punt. The talent is there and he maybe just needs a change of scenery. Getting out of London may help. Stranger things have happened.
Apparently he was a bit of a c*nt when in Milton Keynes.
He may have grown up , but I don't think he passed klopps personality test.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #25638 on: July 3, 2021, 09:47:48 am »
Have the media dragged Harry Redknapp out to give his opinion on this appointment yet? He thinks spurs can win the league every season.
If Harry says they look good for a top four challenge this season, then you know what he thinks of Nunez!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25639 on: July 3, 2021, 09:55:54 am »
They are going back to the Spurs of my Youth that i remember so fondly, mid table mediocrity.

At least the have the biggest cheesiest ponging cheese room in World football.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."