Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2625551 times)

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
Re: Spurs
« Reply #1040 on: March 16, 2015, 03:08:36 pm »
Yesterday was as typical a Spurs result as possible. Do all the groundwork in the prior weeks and when the crunch time comes, horribly fail to show up and get their pants pulled down in the process.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1041 on: March 16, 2015, 03:11:14 pm »
Yesterday was as typical a Spurs result as possible. Do all the groundwork in the prior weeks and when the crunch time comes, horribly fail to show up and get their pants pulled down in the process.

Yep.

I had a mate who goes all the games who I went to Uni with facebooking the likes of "Always nearly, nearly nearly. Nearly Spurs spurs it again".

Like you say, even a point would have kept them in it, but that result has ended their season for them in March.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: March 16, 2015, 04:55:31 pm »

And annoyingly you just know that they'll linger in the race for a while longer, especially with Leicester, Burnley and Villa as their next three games. If they drop any points there then they're well and truly done though.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #1043 on: March 16, 2015, 05:12:31 pm »
And annoyingly you just know that they'll linger in the race for a while longer, especially with Leicester, Burnley and Villa as their next three games. If they drop any points there then they're well and truly done though.

I'm not worried about Spurs any more. They've shown time and time again this season that they don't have the bottle to last in the race for fourth. After beating Chelsea, they lost to Crystal Palace. After beating Arsenal, they lost to us. And after winning their game in hand, they go and get tonked at United. All it takes is for Kane and Eriksen to have a bad day and there is virtually no one else in that team capable of stepping up. And their defence is porous as hell to boot which puts extra pressure on their attackers to deliver in every game. Even if they win their next three games, they'll still slip up later on when the pressure is on them to get a crucial win. IMO, it is between us, Arsenal and United for the 3rd and 4th spots.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:14:18 pm by IndianRed »

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: March 16, 2015, 05:24:47 pm »
I'm not worried about Spurs any more. They've shown time and time again this season that they don't have the bottle to last in the race for fourth. After beating Chelsea, they lost to Crystal Palace. After beating Arsenal, they lost to us. And after winning their game in hand, they go and get tonked at United. All it takes is for Kane and Eriksen to have a bad day and there is virtually no one else in that team capable of stepping up. And their defence is porous as hell to boot which puts extra pressure on their attackers to deliver in every game. Even if they win their next three games, they'll still slip up later on when the pressure is on them to get a crucial win. IMO, it is between us, Arsenal and United for the 3rd and 4th spots.

Oh I agree, especially having seen those stats above regarding their lack of clean sheets and such, but I'd rather they just fucked off ASAP.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #1045 on: March 16, 2015, 05:27:39 pm »
Liverpool lost 3-0 to United didn't we?

9 games to go. i would suggest that 0 points away to United is probably the most likely result that could have happened - anything would have been a bonus. They have the easiest run in after this, and I suspect we haven't heard the last of them.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1046 on: March 16, 2015, 05:34:11 pm »
Liverpool lost 3-0 to United didn't we?

9 games to go. i would suggest that 0 points away to United is probably the most likely result that could have happened - anything would have been a bonus. They have the easiest run in after this, and I suspect we haven't heard the last of them.

If you cant see the difference between the two results it might be time to stop watching football. They both might of been 3-0 losses but the circumstances couldn't of been any different.

Offline Miltonred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: March 16, 2015, 05:36:16 pm »
If you cant see the difference between the two results it might be time to stop watching football. They both might of been 3-0 losses but the circumstances couldn't of been any different.

3 points is all it means. Take a look at the league table, there is no column for "circumstances". ;)

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #1048 on: March 16, 2015, 05:47:33 pm »
How do Spurs have an "easy" run-in?

They have Burnley away, (which is a very tough away game) coming up very soon, plus tricky away games at Southampton, Stoke and Everton.

They also have to play Man City at home, plus an Aston Villa side that is managed by Tim Sherwood, and he will be desperate to turn Spurs over.
Their defensive record proves that there isn't an "easy" game for Spurs.  Most of the "easy" games Spurs have played this season has seen them squeak a win by the odd-goal.

They have lost 9 league games this season, and I suspect they will lose at least 2 more.  11 defeats won't be good enough to finish in the top 4.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: March 16, 2015, 05:50:10 pm »
3 points is all it means. Take a look at the league table, there is no column for "circumstances". ;)

That's boiling it down to an overly simplistic level. We went to Old Trafford with Mignolet, Can and Lucas on the bench coming off the back of two poor displays at Anfield and had yet to slot in to our new system that has seen us unbeaten in the league since. Despite that we had a ridiculous amount of chances and on another day could of scored 3 or 4 ourselves.

Spurs on the other hand are supposed contenders for top 4 with massive hype behind a few of their players yet they managed a single shot on target and pretty much surrendered from the first whistle. A lot of people on this forum and elsewhere fully expected Spurs to give Man Utd a very good game especially seeing as they have looked shite for a while.

It might only mean 3 points lost for Spurs when it comes to the league table but at this stage of the season and considering it's now a 6 point gap it means so much more. With the goal difference between both teams sitting at +20 in Man Uts favour you may as well call it a 7 point gap. Therefore ''3 points is all it means'' is extremely wide of the mark.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:55:45 pm by Butter Keks »

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #1050 on: March 16, 2015, 05:56:10 pm »
If it wasn't for Kane they'd be about 9th or 10th.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: March 16, 2015, 05:56:58 pm »
Every time I "watch" Spurs play, I hear the names of the players and am hugely underwhelmed! Mason, Bentaleb, Ericksen etc and think...Huh, Who? Meh! Weird ass club if you ask me

Better than the shite they spent tens of millions on.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: March 16, 2015, 06:04:02 pm »
spurs fans should ask just one question... where's the Bale money,Levy?
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: March 16, 2015, 06:09:40 pm »

"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: March 16, 2015, 06:10:26 pm »

Spent it on Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli, Chriches, Eriksen, Lamela etc.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #1055 on: March 16, 2015, 06:15:46 pm »

Fucking hell, looking at that list, only Eriksen and Chadli to an extent come out with some sort of credit. The rest have all been gash beyond belief. It makes our business last summer with the Suarez money look shrewdly spent in comparison.

Offline Miltonred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: March 16, 2015, 06:18:04 pm »
That's boiling it down to an overly simplistic level. We went to Old Trafford with Mignolet, Can and Lucas on the bench coming off the back of two poor displays at Anfield and had yet to slot in to our new system that has seen us unbeaten in the league since. Despite that we had a ridiculous amount of chances and on another day could of scored 3 or 4 ourselves.

Spurs on the other hand are supposed contenders for top 4 with massive hype behind a few of their players yet they managed a single shot on target and pretty much surrendered from the first whistle. A lot of people on this forum and elsewhere fully expected Spurs to give Man Utd a very good game especially seeing as they have looked shite for a while.

It might only mean 3 points lost for Spurs when it comes to the league table but at this stage of the season and considering it's now a 6 point gap it means so much more. With the goal difference between both teams sitting at +20 in Man Uts favour you may as well call it a 7 point gap. Therefore ''3 points is all it means'' is extremely wide of the mark.
Lets say we beat United next week which we all believe is likely. They have Leicester at home, which is an easier fixture, and win. They are back to exactly the same points gap as before the United game.

They are outsiders for top four, and have been realistically since we passed them in the table. Beating United would have been a great result for them, a draw would have been a good result - losing was always the most likely result.  The manner of it? They are an up and down team who have relied on some late comebacks to stay in touch, its the nature of their season really.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: March 16, 2015, 06:26:12 pm »
Lets say we beat United next week which we all believe is likely. They have Leicester at home, which is an easier fixture, and win. They are back to exactly the same points gap as before the United game.

They are outsiders for top four, and have been realistically since we passed them in the table. Beating United would have been a great result for them, a draw would have been a good result - losing was always the most likely result.  The manner of it? They are an up and down team who have relied on some late comebacks to stay in touch, its the nature of their season really.

Except that it wasn't. Spurs were well capable of taking away points from Old Trafford yesterday and they capitulated. They gave up yesterday and looked a beaten side as soon as the first goal went in and that was strange to see from a side that turned up at Anfield and went toe to toe with us.

Offline Mamadou

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: March 17, 2015, 07:56:59 am »

that's like replacing Sofia Vergara with ten Susan Boyles

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #1059 on: March 17, 2015, 08:57:42 am »
Oh dear. Chiriches has barely played, Erikson and Chadli have improved this year. The rest?

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: March 17, 2015, 08:59:50 am »

Miss, Hit, Miss, Hit, Jury's out, Miss, Miss (considering the fee).
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: March 17, 2015, 10:48:20 am »
If Eriksen and Kane don't turn up they lose simple as that. So it doesn't matter who they play. They will slip up again. So will us utd and Arsenal though
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #1062 on: March 17, 2015, 11:41:30 am »

Worst. Shopping spree. Ever.

(Cue someone posting a pic of Konchesky, etc.  :P )
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: March 17, 2015, 11:45:03 am »
Individually they are decent players, though.  Paulinho, Eriksen and Capoue especially.  It is more that they bought seven players and struggled to integrate more than two at a time, and the rest realised they weren't playing much and stopped giving a fuck.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #1064 on: May 21, 2015, 01:24:56 pm »
Surely this isn't true...?

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/21/tottenham-agree-10-7m-transfer-fee-to-sign-ezequiel-lavezzi-5208025/

Tottenham have reportedly agreed a £10.7milllion deal to sign Paris Saint Germain forward Ezequiel Lavezzi.

Spurs have tied the Argentine international down to a four year deal that will start this summer.

The north London club had been keen to add to their options this summer after a disappointing season.

Lavezzi fits the bill perfectly and is a proven top level player.

The former Napoli forward has fallen out of favour with PSG manager Laurent Blanc and is delighted to move, according to Tuttomercatoweb.

Mauricio Pochettino has cashed in on the situation and secured a potentially amazing deal.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: May 22, 2015, 10:34:50 am »
Metro.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1066 on: May 22, 2015, 10:41:04 am »
It's the fucking Metro ffs. People still don't know they are the worst. They make everything up.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: May 22, 2015, 11:03:25 am »
Lavezzi is gash now anyway.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: May 22, 2015, 12:24:47 pm »
Lavezzi is in retirement mode now, looking for his last big payday and seems to have lost his spark. I said in January I hope we're nowhere near him and glad Spurs have been fleeced for a lazy 30 year old on a 4 year deal.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: May 22, 2015, 12:57:07 pm »
Lavezzi needs some inspiration and he will be back to his good days. Poor decision to join PSG in the first place and even poorer not to leave last summer but he's still got it.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Mamadou

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: May 22, 2015, 12:58:55 pm »
he will do fine under Pochetini

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: May 25, 2015, 05:47:47 am »
Source: ESPN FC

Tottenham to sign Kevin Wimmer from Cologne in summer

Tottenham will sign defender Kevin Wimmer this summer after the Cologne centre-back revealed that he was heading for White Hart Lane.

Wimmer, 22, has played 32 Bundesliga appearances for Cologne as they finished 12th this season, while he has been tracked by Arsenal.

However, the Austria international chose to join Mauricio Pochettino's side and claims it will happen regardless of Tottenham playing in next season's Europa League.

"I am going to Tottenham, it's the next stage in my development," he said. "I don't mind whether they make the Europa League. I go to Tottenham to go to the next level."
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1073 on: June 3, 2015, 01:52:17 pm »
Thought this was funny... (apologies if done before)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-L8xcG7KcFw?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-L8xcG7KcFw?fs=1</a>
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1074 on: June 3, 2015, 01:54:13 pm »
Source: ESPN FC

Tottenham to sign Kevin Wimmer from Cologne in summer

Don't let Fordy see this for God's sake! He keeps banging on about how we need more Wimmers.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: June 3, 2015, 01:57:19 pm »
Don't let Fordy see this for God's sake! He keeps banging on about how we need more Wimmers.

;D

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: June 7, 2015, 08:28:11 pm »
They're after Anthony Martial, apparently.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: June 8, 2015, 04:22:42 am »
Martial was always a FIFA/FM name.....is he any good in real life?

Any word on where Chiriches is bound?  He was fun

I'm trying to think, what kind of transfer fees could they generate for Bobby Souldahdo and Paulinho?  10 and 10, maybe?  I think I'm being wayyyy optimistic.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: June 8, 2015, 12:44:17 pm »
Powerful, speedy, can play on wing, a decent scorer at youth level. Can't say I'm a huge fan, not sure he is Spurs level.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #1079 on: June 29, 2015, 02:54:33 pm »
Spurs have sold Paulinho to Chinese club Guangzhou for £9.9m.   A loss of over £7m on what they paid for him just 2 years ago, I though that Daniel Levy was shrewd businessman??