Author Topic: Flags & Banners - Welcoming the Liverpool Team Coach 29th November 2014  (Read 151281 times)

Offline PEOPLECHANGED

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I hope u guys can do this better and better  :)
U guys make me proud to be liverpool fans  :)
Just tell the team, we stand behind them no matter what position is.
Thx guys, i wish someday could join u all

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
So, I was given an idea for a banner for Rodgers by The Fletcher Memorial who wanted me to come up with something similar to the Obama "Yes we can" posters, with the words changed to our own from 'Poetry In Motion'. I don't like to directly copy things, so I went with the idea and put a bit more to it in the style of graffiti street art. I can change the font, layout, format, add an idea or two more, whatever the general consensus.

Wow! Nice one Mac, I wasn’t expecting that! I love it!

Though I fucking hate critiquing peoples work when they’ve gone to all the effort especially as I only had a very vague idea in the first place, so I can’t be getting all frilly-knickered about it now.

But, if I had the ability to change it, it would only be in the following:

Portrait
Red and white only
Lose the Liver Buildings
Lob a white (or yellow) liverbird in a suitable place somewhere, like a stamp quality to it (i.e. stamped on, not a postage stamp)

In the mean time, I have this as my new desk top in work.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Don't want to sound preachy or like some old fart, but it'd be nice if everyone just turned up and applauded and sang and cheered instead of filming it all. Looked like a sea of cameras last time. It's great to see the video clips and all that, but there's probably enough of them now. We know what it looks like. Time to put your phone or camera away (it's hard to applaud and film) and just show them how much their efforts have been appreciated.

Gutted i missed out on a ticket, so won't get the chance in the ground, but I'll be there outside to let them know how much I've enjoyed the ride. It's the least they deserve.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don't want to sound preachy or like some old fart, but it'd be nice if everyone just turned up and applauded and sang and cheered instead of filming it all. Looked like a sea of cameras last time. It's great to see the video clips and all that, but there's probably enough of them now. We know what it looks like. Time to put your phone or camera away (it's hard to applaud and film) and just show them how much their efforts have been appreciated.

Gutted i missed out on a ticket, so won't get the chance in the ground, but I'll be there outside to let them know how much I've enjoyed the ride. It's the least they deserve.

You do sound like an arl fart, but I just so happen to agree with you!
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You do sound like an arl fart, but I just so happen to agree with you!
Old farts rule ok :)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
Dropped my middle one (aged 12) to the school bus this morning, and on the way I said to him "what do you reckon for City tonight then" ?  He turns straight back to me and says "they'll probably win, and win again on Sunday, seriously dad our chance has gone I reckon"

Cue me beginning the 'believe' speech trying to talk him round.

He stopped me dead and says

"I do believe dad, i've always believed.  I've just spent the last 2 months HONESTLY believing that we're going to be Champions.  Beginning of every season you tell me we're going to have a good season, and I believe you because like you always tell me, we used to win things all the time, you've seen the reds do it and you know what it feels like.  Grandad does the same, he always tells me that we're one of the greatest clubs in the world, and we're good enough to win things.  The difference is this time, I've seen why now.  Up to now i've seen us win the Carling Cup and beat Everton at Wembley but we haven't really won much else and I can't remember beating West Ham in the FA Cup.  But, honestly dad, REALLY believing that we're going to be Champions for the last couple of months has been boss, i'd love us to nick it on Sunday, but if we don't we'll do it next year, I HONESTLY believe that now.  We are getting there early for the bus again on Sunday aren't we,we ought to you know ?"

"You're dead right we are son"

"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
^

Brilliant.
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

Offline d3lu5ion

• Main Stander
Dropped my middle one (aged 12) to the school bus this morning, and on the way I said to him "what do you reckon for City tonight then" ?  He turns straight back to me and says "they'll probably win, and win again on Sunday, seriously dad our chance has gone I reckon"

"I do believe dad, i've always believed.  I've just spent the last 2 months HONESTLY believing that we're going to be Champions.  Beginning of every season you tell me we're going to have a good season, and I believe you because like you always tell me, we used to win things all the time, you've seen the reds do it and you know what it feels like.  Grandad does the same, he always tells me that we're one of the greatest clubs in the world, and we're good enough to win things.  The difference is this time, I've seen why now.  Up to now i've seen us win the Carling Cup and beat Everton at Wembley but we haven't really won much else and I can't remember beating West Ham in the FA Cup.  But, honestly dad, REALLY believing that we're going to be Champions for the last couple of months has been boss, i'd love us to nick it on Sunday, but if we don't we'll do it next year, I HONESTLY believe that now.  We are getting there early for the bus again on Sunday aren't we,we ought to you know ?"

Wow such matured thoughts at such a small age... Better than some of them here seeing the negative sides of us in the last 2 games...

More like this ...

We Go Again

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
More than ever.....get there on Sunday fellas................

Offline TheBestSideDrew

• Main Stander
I'll be there will bells on… 1pm?

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'll be there will bells on… 1pm?
Morris Dancer? ;)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Morris Dancer? ;)
:lmao - would make things interesting :D

Offline ferris05

• Hitler on a bus!
  • Kopite
  • A Waterloo-ite
Anyone know if the Spion Kop lads have sent out a tweet/message yet??

Tomorrow mate. We're in.
WE ARE THE ROAD END, THE PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE.

Offline TheBestSideDrew

• Main Stander
Morris Dancer? ;)

Haha.. whatever it takes!

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
well done everyone its been a great effort whatever happens.

whatever the outcome sunday we should celebrate whats been a fantastic season.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline Feorax

• Anny Roader
People forget the reason we wanted 4th as our target in the first place.

To get better players in, so we could build to winning the league. No matter what happens now, we're probably about 3 years ahead of schedule. It will happen.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist

Thats brilliant mate, you taught him well, you must be very proud.

:)
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
Anyone know if the Spion Kop lads have sent out a tweet/message yet??
Yes mate, they sent a message out about 40 mins ago saying that they'll send the details tomorrow.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Thats brilliant mate, you taught him well, you must be very proud.

:)

Wonderful stuff.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
They just don't get it, because they aren't like us. They're just observers, we make ourselves part of it for better or worse. Fuck 'em. They'd love to be us. Our players and staff need to be left in no doubt that, despite whatever mistakes they may have made in the last couple of games, we stand with them. We believe in them. There's a few in there who won't realise what being part of this club really means, not their fault, they're young or foreign or whatever. There's a reason that the likes of Sami, Luis Garcia, Didi, Xabi and Big Jan can't let go of this club and that reason is us. They will realise on Sunday that they are part of our family and they'll never find a better one.

Spot on.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!

That is fantastic.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They just don't get it, because they aren't like us. They're just observers, we make ourselves part of it for better or worse. Fuck 'em. They'd love to be us. Our players and staff need to be left in no doubt that, despite whatever mistakes they may have made in the last couple of games, we stand with them. We believe in them. There's a few in there who won't realise what being part of this club really means, not their fault, they're young or foreign or whatever. There's a reason that the likes of Sami, Luis Garcia, Didi, Xabi and Big Jan can't let go of this club and that reason is us. They will realise on Sunday that they are part of our family and they'll never find a better one.
Bigger, louder more raucous than all the previous ones please. Sadly working, would loved to have made the trip.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline IrishSu

• percalifragilisticexpialidocious. I am WOman, Hear me RAWK!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Like an Irish Stew, just not as lumpy
I never comment on the football threads but just wanted to pop in to say mr. Irishsu, our young lad and myself are flying over tomorrow night. We don't have tickets for the game but looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere. Will definitely be there to greet the team. Come on you mighty reds!
JFT96 YNWA

Offline rafared83

• cAPTAIN cAPSLOCK
  • Anny Roader
  • THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL BOYS

fantastic !!

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
Defo going to this, better be on. Boss season deserves a boss finale
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
I'm there.  What time?  From about 1pm?
I only arrive in Liverpool at 1pm.

Shame I can't make it, but just want to say well in to everyone who turns up to this. Show our players we're proud of them whatever happens.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
:wellin
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

This is solid gold.

Offline forrest1980

• Kopite
  • YNWA
We'll give them a great send off into the summer with this.
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw , don't support us when we win" - Bill Shankly.......the best quote the great man ever said.

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader

I did the same with my little one at the school gates.

Wiping the tears from my eyes, I got down on my knees, held his hand, told him I have something very important to tell him and gave him an impassioned "believe speech". He remained silent throughout: observing, processing.. dare I say it believing?

When I finished I rose and he told me to fuck off, everybody was watching us and I was embarrassing him.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan

You've brought him up well, what a post.

Brendan should get him in the dressing room first game of the season in August & let him tell the players that.

Offline Mattiavelli

• Kemlynite
Just got home from Vietnam after living there for the past few months; booked my ticket back hoping this would be our year.. alas! Having to watch the previous welcomes on youtube and the like has killed me and although I've no ticket for the match I'll definitely be there supporting the boys after one of the best seasons in my living memory. Come on libpool!

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lucky enough to have been to every game home/away will be there Sunday,christ if ever a team deserve it,its these lads....

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan

That's brilliant AJL.

My little boy is only 6 and it's his 1st year watching us properly. He's listened to me banging on all season and really gotten into it. These last couple of weeks though he's been really quiet and down as it's slowly slipped away. I feel worse for him than I do for myself. I've told him the same things you've told your boy and he's been so excited this year that I'm gutted for him. I still have hope but daren't say anything to him as he'll face the disappointment all over again if it doesn't go our way on Sunday.

Instead I've started discussing with him how great the season has been, how proud we are of the manager, the staff and the players, how Sunday is going to be really special regardless etc, etc

We had our picture shown last week on 'LFC World' on LFCTV when they show the fan pics before the end credits and it's the only time I've seen him smile the last couple of weeks. In my head it's gone but I'm hoping that on Sunday that smile will return!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Will be great to see this.

Let the players know we still believe!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Spion Kop 1906 ‏@SpionKop1906  20 hrs
We're planning to meet the coach on Sunday. Details will be tweeted tomorrow.
Up the Reds.

Offline lostandfound

• Actually, just lost - might be in the wrong forum!
  • Main Stander
  • Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?
I was the gobshite who was telling people that the coach idea was a mistake the Friday before Chelsea because of the pressure it put on the shoulders of the players, but I do intend to be there on Sunday, to give up on the players now would be fucking crazy. We WILL finish 2nd   :-\ but I'm dead proud of the lads this season.

Hope all the flags on the Kop and the support in general improve as they have this season as we look forward to the next Campaign.

COME ON THE FUCKING REDMEN

Offline Redpross1

• Anny Roader
I was the gobshite who was telling people that the coach idea was a mistake the Friday before Chelsea because of the pressure it put on the shoulders of the players, but I do intend to be there on Sunday, to give up on the players now would be fucking crazy. We WILL finish 2nd   :-\ but I'm dead proud of the lads this season.

Hope all the flags on the Kop and the support in general improve as they have this season as we look forward to the next Campaign.

COME ON THE FUCKING REDMEN
I don't think you were a gobshite.......i think all the mounting pressure did eventually have an effect. Everyone was trying to keep the excitement under control but it got too much...... Was amazing to see and hear.... But we lost track of the each game as it comes and started looking at the big prize.
Something both the team and us as supporters can learn from next season.