Author Topic: It's just a battle for the order of the first 4 spots now between 5 teams...  (Read 560187 times)

Offline Kopulator

• Main Stander
  • Even the scoreboard's red!
I can see a situation developing with Cardiff. I think they might be playing to stay in the league in their last game. I hope this is the case.

Offline Risto

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
No it isn't. See the other thread.

Yes it is actually, if not by win against Crystal Palace, then worst case scenario 4 points against them and Newcastle would confirm it!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:12:24 am by Risto »

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
Yes it is actually, if not by win against Crystal Palace, then worst case scenario 4 points against them and Newcastle would confirm it! Best case scenario would see it confirmed with the Chelsea win!!

Worst case scenario is 0 points. GAME BY GAME.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Yes it is actually, if not by win against Crystal Palace, then worst case scenario 4 points against them and Newcastle would confirm it!

So it's not ours with a win against Chelsea?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Risto

• Anny Roader

It is ours to lose in the same way a champions league spot is ours to lose right now. Obviously it is easier to get the champions league spot confirmed, than the league win, but that's my point, it's not in the bag until it is in the bag.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
It fucking is, isn't it?!

And is it not time to change the title, Alan? It's definitely three teams for the title...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
If we win our next three games, I think we will be celebrating at Palace.

"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
If we win our next three games, I think we will be celebrating at Palace.

Three wins would guarantee us the title. Almost. Chelsea would be out of it, and Manchester City would need to win every game and then hope we lose to Newcastle.

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
Three wins would guarantee us the title. Almost. Chelsea would be out of it, and Manchester City would need to win every game and then hope we lose to Newcastle.

Exactly. I always expected City would drop at least 2 points out of Palace and Everton, so it's excellent they've dropped two points already today. If that does happen, I think we'll be going to Palace knowing a win gets us the title. As difficult that game would appear to be, I don't think there would be any stopping us.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We will finish in this order:
Liverpool
Man City
Chelsea

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
Just one more win (point total 80) will clinch 3rd.

EFC max = 78
AFC max = 79
MCFC max = 86
CFC max = 87

In short, win vs Norwich, qualify for the group stages of the UCL.

That should be motivation enough, sans talk/dreams of 'winning the league' just yet.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
The suspense is killing me. I hope it lasts forever .
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
Playing against Newcastle as crowned champions what a joy would be watching that match. Don't let this slip now !

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
We need two points to get 3rd. unless Arsenal and Everton plan on scoring 30 goals in their last 4 games that is.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Mingle

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I believe...
One more win and one draw will see us finish no worse than 4th no matter what the others do.

One more win and if Everton  draw or lose one of their remaining matches and we're in the CL.

6 points in the next 2 games, could mean we only need a draw at Selhurst Park
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:27:48 am by Mingle »
At the end of a storm, Theres a golden sky...Believe in Brendan

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
Sunderland will take a point off Chelsea on Saturday

Sunday 11th May

BrendanRodgersLiverpool - 87
Man City - 84
Chelsea - 83

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:30:09 am by AJL »
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why are people so concerned with the title of this thread? This thread is about who is going to finish in the first 4 spots, and currently there's 5 teams that can finish in those 4 spots, as it says in the thread title.

As has been mentioned, 3 points on Sunday guarantees Champions League football next season. That should be our immediate goal.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Everton just need to beat City and we win our next two games. If there is a God please let this be.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
One game at a time is the right mentality ;)

But gut feeling we will win it at Crystal Palace

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One game at a time is the right mentality ;)

But gut feeling we will win it at Crystal Palace

It will be somehow fitting if we do.

The loss against Palace in the 1990 cup semi signalled the begining of the end of LFC's domination of English football.  We wrapped up the title that year, but none since as everything caught up with us.

Would be somehow fitting if we win it there. Even more so that at Anfield.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline tomtom

• Legacy Fan
Playing against Newcastle as crowned champions what a joy would be watching that match. Don't let this slip now !

I'd love a bit of; we are champions tra la la la la....

Still, one game at a time.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
It will be somehow fitting if we do.

The loss against Palace in the 1990 cup semi signalled the begining of the end of LFC's domination of English football.  We wrapped up the title that year, but none since as everything caught up with us.

Would be somehow fitting if we win it there. Even more so that at Anfield.

Could do without the nerves v Newcastle

But winning it v Newcastle would've something special

Just like v City I will end up kissing loads more baldy heads over the next few games

Offline cookie-monster

• Anny Roader
  • Attack is the best form of defence
I think we should give special thanks to Spurs, Everton, and even united, for the chase. i felt literally hunted for such a long part of the season because of them (more the first two, obviously). and when you're being chased so hard you can do nothing but to run ahead. and boy we run! run so hard we found ourselves in the friggin title race instead of the one for top 4. im still at owe of that.

o and the funny thing Arsenal never worried me even for a second. during the whole process. not before and not after we went top of them. heh.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:58:29 am by cookie-monster »
irc://irc.centralchat.net:6667/LFC

"Gentlemen, the screwballs have spoken!"  - The Simpsons

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
Most likely a 2-horse race. Let's hope Sunderland earn a point against Chelsea and that will make things interesting. However, it is silly to look at the different permutations - all we need to do is focus on winning every single game from now till the end of the season.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Most likely a 2-horse race. Let's hope Sunderland earn a point against Chelsea and that will make things interesting. However, it is silly to look at the different permutations - all we need to do is focus on winning every single game from now till the end of the season.

Which two horses? City, Chelsea and Liverpool are all in it. One dodgy result by anyone could change everything. Suppose we have a shocker against Norwich. Norwich player goes down like a sac of spuds and the ref sends Suarez off for violent conduct. We draw (or lose to a jammy breakaway) and miss Luis for the last three games.

Could it happen? Of course it could and if it did we'd be third favourites again.

It's a three horse race until one is a long way in the distance.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
We were all praying for Sunderland to earn one point against Chelsea but Agent Borini strikes :D
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline RGF30

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
    • Insurance
You negative f*ckers, only looking for 1 point from Sunderland.  Fabio Borini laughs at your predictions, and gives us more than we expected.  Oh, and now we no longer have to hear about that wonderful home record of thiers, BONUS!!!

Offline random22

• Kopite
Remember how everyone was worried with Chelsea's easy run in earlier when we got in contention?  ;D

Well, they have dropped more points than everyone expected. I hope we smash them at Anfield. Joke of a club.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Chelsea's mentality will be interesting next week, especially if they are still within a chance of beating Atletico in the semi finals. Could be a few changes to their side, plus they should be without that shithouse Ramires after the FA give him a retrospective 3 game ban for smashing Larsson in the face.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Chelsea's mentality will be interesting next week, especially if they are still within a chance of beating Atletico in the semi finals. Could be a few changes to their side, plus they should be without that shithouse Ramires after the FA give him a retrospective 3 game ban for smashing Larsson in the face.

Gut feeling is The FA won't punish the Ramires thing. They'll probably fine Mourinho and his coach for their behaviour/comments so I can't see them going all out and punishing Ramires too. This is the FA - they are scared of big clubs and big managers.

I honestly don't think the Atletico game will have any impact now. The atmosphere is going to maybe even eclipse the City atmosphere. Terry and co have been to Anfield and shat their pants on big nights before. City couldn't handle the atmosphere, teams like Madrid and Barca haven't handled that atmosphere before. Chelsea are going to crumble at Anfield whatever happens in the Atletico game. They are not coming to Anfield in this of all seasons and getting a win, they aren't capable. Mourinho's lost the plot.

Win tomorrow and Chelsea will be beaten mentally before they step onto that pitch at Anfield, when they hear that noise they'll want to go running back to their library.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
I can already see it infront of me: "We lose the game because we play a second string because we have to play the semifinal, and one of the semifinal games was in Spain, so my strikerless team lost because of tiredness. and congratulations to the referee again"

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Shitcoat will approach our game on cruise control if we win tomorrow.

He's gonna have to go 'All in' against AM now, trouble is lads, he's only holding a pair of twos.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.

He's gonna have to go 'All in' against AM now, trouble is lads, he's only holding a pair of twos.

He dropped a bollock today, though, so he's only got one deuce left.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He will try for sure, but he'll fall short. It was very clear where his mind would be before the Sunderland game. I always thought that Sunderland would get something out of the game, even though the probability after getting a point off City was low (two in a row, really?!). I didn't think they'd win, but a point would have been good for us as well.

As for Mourinho, he tried to sit on two chairs at the same time, and his ass will land on the floor. Collapse. It wasn't difficult to foresee, really.

Offline cullinp

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
5 game ban for Ramires there due to previous red....

Edit - Correction, first sending off was v Bayern, so this would be 3 + 1.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:18:57 pm by cullinp »

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
He dropped a bollock today, though, so he's only got one deuce left.

Which makes me think, he thought he had more chance of winning the European cup, than beating us next week.

We've come a long way, Jose Mourinho, self styled Special one, is scared of coming to Anfield and taking on a Liverpool side managed by one of his 'protege's'.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Well that's 3rd place officially sewn up, well done lads!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
Think that Chelsea will contest the Ramires potential ban so he will play against us (and then an extra game will be added to his 4 game ban).

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
Think that Chelsea will contest the Ramires potential ban so he will play against us (and then an extra game will be added to his 4 game ban).

Do the FA allow that? I thought these things get reviewed pretty quickly and would expect it to be done and dusted by Friday if they did contest it. Either way I think they will rest a few for the Champions League tie, might as well have Ramires be one of them.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
Well that's 3rd place officially sewn up, well done lads!

And with a win against Chelsea on Sunday it will be at least 2nd tied off.
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk