Author Topic: It's just a battle for the order of the first 4 spots now between 5 teams...  (Read 560192 times)

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
Re: Realistically, is it just a battle for 4th spot with 2 other teams now?
« Reply #1560 on: February 12, 2014, 11:03:10 pm »
So is it on or not  :-X

whisper it quietly.

we might not even get 4th

we'll win the league ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1561 on: February 12, 2014, 11:03:57 pm »
So is it on or not  :-X

Well it certainly isn't off that's for sure
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #1562 on: February 12, 2014, 11:06:19 pm »
whisper it quietly.

we might not even get 4th

we'll win the league ;D

There's definitely something in the air at the moment
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1563 on: February 12, 2014, 11:36:28 pm »
We will win the league over Chelsea on G/D     It will be 79pts just like in 1990!

W9  W8  D2  L2  .... of our remaining

;)
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1564 on: February 12, 2014, 11:47:30 pm »
So, next 5 fixtures coming up for the top 6 (Aways in CAPS).

Chelsea:
Everton; FULHAM; Spurs; VILLA; Arsenal

Arsenal:
Sunderland; STOKE; Swansea; SPURS; CHELSEA

City:
Sunderland (in hand); Stoke; Villa; HULL; Fulham; UNITED

LFC:
Swansea; SOUTHAMPTON; Sunderland; UNITED; CARDIFF

Spurs:
NORWICH; Cardiff; CHELSEA; Arsenal; Southampton

Everton:
Palace (in hand); CHELSEA; Hammers; NEWCASTLE; Cardiff; Swansea

Out of the 6, I reckon City has the easiest slate and they could go on a decent run if they shake off their recent poor form. They'll have to deal with the CL, though, and hopefully that might drain energy and cost them a few points.

We havent the easiest slate, but we could very well get a number of wins out of the next 5 if we fix our backline with Agger and Sakho returning.

It'll be interesting to see what Spurs will do: they might stick around as well as finally flush down. I really have no idea what they might do.

The bitters have a decent set of fixtures coming up for them and they might not be out of contention for 4th, yet.

Chelsea have three tough home fixtures and two winnable aways. They might well drop quite a few points.

Arsenal... Oh well, maybe it's their serial bottlers past and maybe it's their current bad run of form, but I really could see them struggling to stay in the top 4 by late March, also taking into account their CL tie. They seem to be running on fumes and they might've got found out a bit
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:49:24 pm by Gods_Left_Boot »
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
Realistically, is it just a battle for 4th spot with 2 other teams now?
« Reply #1565 on: February 12, 2014, 11:50:11 pm »
On MOTD they were saying we won't win because of our away form. the way they were banging on I'd have thought the other teams especially city and Chelsea would have brilliant away forms.

City have two more points and Chelsea have three both played the same amount of games. Hardly amazing really.

Were right in this and it's fucking boss. All we need is for the defence to cut the mistakes out and fucking talk to each other. Bit of orginization and someone to grow a pair off bollocks back there would be nice.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:52:26 pm by brownie 09 »

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1566 on: February 12, 2014, 11:50:53 pm »
I don't buy this "size of squad" arguement.

That only really comes into play if you're playing 2 games a week till the end, something that we will not be doing.

We have as good a first team as anyone.  And with strong defenders to come back in, it will only improve.

We could basically play our best 11 from now till the end and barring injuries they would be okay.

Fulham tonight reminded me of 2009, benny and all that.  Hopefully this time we have a happier ending.

Brendan wanted us to be "in the conversation".  Well, we are doing nearly ALL the talking at the moment.

City have hit a wobble and their fixtures are about to pile up high (reckon they'll be replaying Chelsea too)

Arsenal CAN crumble and their next 6-8 fixtures are horific.

Chelsea have flattered to decieve in my eyes and are nowhere near as good as us up front (bar Hazard)

Of course we can win it!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1567 on: February 12, 2014, 11:53:15 pm »
It's tight at the top and every game counts. While we're nipping at the heels of the top 3, Spurs are doing that to us. Just 3.5 points separating us (the 0.5 points is for our vast goal difference).

We need to keep up our mentality and build on the last 2 matches. We can't afford to slip up. Spurs have an easier run in. We have trips to Mancs, West Ham, Soton while we still have to host Chelsea and City at home. They are, by no means, easy games. Our away form isn't the greatest so it's going to be tough. Let's hope that none of our players get injured.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #1568 on: February 12, 2014, 11:54:30 pm »
I know we have a big cup game this weekend, but after this game I'm actually pretty annoyed we have to wait 10 days before we play in the league again!
Dont be annoyed we could probably do with the rest!
The CL starts again soon, the others will be galavanting across europe while we will have our feet up recharging the batteries.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:56:09 pm by FitzLFC80 »
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1569 on: February 12, 2014, 11:55:05 pm »
On MOTD they were saying we won't win because of our away form. the way they were banging on I'd have thought the other teams especially city and Chelsea would have brilliant away forms.

City have two more points and Chelsea have three both played the same amount of games. Hardly amazing really.

Were right in this and it's fucking boss. All we need is for the defence to cut the mistakes out and fucking talk to each other. Bit of orginization and someone to grow a pair off bollocks back there would be nice.

We're not in it until we cut the stupid defensive mistakes out, we're like the boxer with a knockout punch but a glass chin

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #1570 on: February 12, 2014, 11:55:57 pm »

We're not in it until we cut the stupid defensive mistakes out, we're like the boxer with a knockout punch but a glass chin
of course were in it. Were four points off.

Offline oovavu

• eranu
  • Anny Roader
  • Deva Diva
« Reply #1571 on: February 12, 2014, 11:56:44 pm »
Tottenham's away form is unbelievable, But I do think Sherwood's uprising won't last long though, as soon as a problem more difficult than ( defence defend, forwards attack, midfield "do a bit of both") comes along his team will struggle and his brain will dissolve.

We will get top four, we can win the league

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: February 12, 2014, 11:57:42 pm »

Our chin protection is about to come back from the repair shop. :)

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: February 12, 2014, 11:58:08 pm »
Tottenham's away form is unbelievable, But I do think Sherwood's uprising won't last long though, as soon as a problem more difficult than ( defence defend, forwards attack, midfield "do a bit of both") comes along his team will struggle and his brain will dissolve.

We will get top four, we can win the league

Man City for them was a prime example.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #1574 on: February 12, 2014, 11:59:08 pm »
We weren't really able to rest anyone tonight, and it was a tough slog. Those of us drenched in sweat and still shivering from the sheer tension should give some thought to what the players went through! That type of match is so damn draining, once the adrenaline and exuberance wears off.

I'd really be looking to give Gerrard and maybe Suarez or Sturridge the day off v Arsenal. And also get Agger back in the groove, Sakho too if feasible.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #1575 on: February 12, 2014, 11:59:10 pm »
It's tight at the top and every game counts. While we're nipping at the heels of the top 3, Spurs are doing that to us. Just 3.5 points separating us (the 0.5 points is for our vast goal difference).

We need to keep up our mentality and build on the last 2 matches. We can't afford to slip up. Spurs have an easier run in. We have trips to Mancs, West Ham, Soton while we still have to host Chelsea and City at home. They are, by no means, easy games. Our away form isn't the greatest so it's going to be tough. Let's hope that none of our players get injured.
When Spurs come to Anfield thats when we'll increase the diffrence on points between us. Thats IF we dont mess up before hand!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1576 on: February 12, 2014, 11:59:32 pm »
We have trips to Mancs, West Ham, Soton while we still have to host Chelsea and City at home. They are, by no means, easy games.

True, not easy.  And I think Cardiff will be a tough away too.  And Palace near the end.

In fact all are going to be tough.  The entire bottom half of the table are scrapping hard for points to stay up.

There are no real dogshite teams getting vut adrift this year.  Look at WBA.  Bottom 3 yet they recently drew with Everton, us and Chelsea!

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1577 on: February 12, 2014, 11:59:39 pm »
I think teams in the relegation scrap are also going to have a say.

We all saw how desperate Fulham got in injury time and what WBA did to Chelsea yesterday. They are fighting for their lives down there and possibly more points are going to be dropped by those in the title conversation against those teams.

Not to mention there are still those 6 pointer games to be played.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1578 on: February 13, 2014, 12:01:11 am »
The top 4 is most definitely not just a case of us and the 3 sides below us.

Right now they're all in the shake up and if we and Spurs keep going who knows who might miss out. Arsenal are starting to look very flat and short of ideas and especially pace going forward.

Ramsey and Giroud's goals carried them through the first half of the season and I really do think the Walcott injury has badly affected them. There is no pace on the counter now.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1579 on: February 13, 2014, 12:02:01 am »
If we look at the remaining fixtures in comparison to Spurs (I'm not saying Everton are out of the race).

Spurs:
Norwich A
Cardiff H
Chelsea A
Arsenal H
Southampton H
Liverpool A
Sunderland H
WBA A
Fulham H
Stoke A
West Ham A
Aston Villa H

Liverpool:
Swansea H
Soton A
Sunderland H
Man United A
Cardiff A
Tottenham H
West Ham A
Man City H
Norwich A
Chelsea H
Crystal Palace A
Newcastle H

We have two, what should be tough, away fixtures in Southampton and United. We also have 2 very tough home fixture when Chelsea and City visit, there is also the game against Spurs at home which will be very important. Spurs in comparison have 4 difficult away matches in West Brom, Stoke, Liverpool and Chelsea and a derby game at home to Arsenal. If we beat them at Anfield, we should get 4th place.

Have you learned nothing from the last three away games including tonight?! Every single away game is going to be tough as fuck and likely to set records in broken pacemakers

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1580 on: February 13, 2014, 12:04:05 am »
Arsenal fans must be really looking over their shoulders now with away trips to Stoke, Spurs, and Chelsea in their next 5, and us and spurs charging at them

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: February 13, 2014, 12:04:43 am »
I think teams in the relegation scrap are also going to have a say.

We all saw how desperate Fulham got in injury time and what WBA did to Chelsea yesterday. They are fighting for their lives down there and possibly more points are going to be dropped by those in the title conversation against those teams.

Not to mention there are still those 6 pointer games to be played.

Exactly why we are definitely in it.

No one has nailed on games.

You would have banked on City at Norwich, Chelsea home to WHam away to WBA etc.

Plenty of points to be won and lost.

Key games are our homes to Spurs, City and Chelsea.  I wouldnt even say United away is that crucial.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:07:08 am by Red_Rich »

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: February 13, 2014, 12:07:36 am »
Our chin protection is about to come back from the repair shop. :)

It will be good to have more bodies back but we've not defended well all season

Offline sonnyred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1583 on: February 13, 2014, 12:14:00 am »

I think it's better that some team is nipping at our heels. If fourth was a shoe in then maybe standards would slip. But we have to fight for fourth every game, and by doing that maybe we could finish higher...maybe a lot higher.

Offline Nonex

• Anny Roader
  • "I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell."
« Reply #1584 on: February 13, 2014, 12:17:46 am »
The fact that the Everton game got postponed will be beneficial to us for psychological reasons, even though, they have a game in hand, 8 points looks a lot worse than 5. A lot of people are disregarding spurs though which I don't agree with. Assuming we stay 3 points ahead of them until we meet them at Anfield, one off day could change everything. They are not a bad side and are capable of beating us if we don't play well.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1585 on: February 13, 2014, 12:20:00 am »
I think the title to this thread has now been answered. Realistically, we could still finish 5th, but we could just as realistically now finish 3rd. If Everton are still in the mix with us and Spurs, then Arsenal must be too.

Maybe even City, for that matter. Game in hand, true, but when are they going to play it?

The way I see it at the moment:

City/Chelsea - Could finish anywhere in top 3, most likely 1st or 2nd.

Arsenal/Liverpool - could finish anywhere 3rd-5th. Outside chance of 1st.

Spurs/Everton - could finish anywhere 4th - 7th.

Man Utd - could finish anywhere 5th - 7th.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Pidalow

• Legacy Fan
  • Success is not forever and failure isn’t fatal.
« Reply #1586 on: February 13, 2014, 12:21:33 am »
Probably get a negative reaction from this but it would not upset me too much if we lost to Arsenal. We would have plenty of time to rest between games whilst teams around us will be still be in cup competitions. If we had a bigger squad my opinion would be different of course.

Offline greasetigger

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1587 on: February 13, 2014, 12:22:13 am »
Guys

Went to Corals this week to put a bet on Liverpool finishing third (look at Arenals' fixtures in March) they quoted me 1-3 on! Didn't do it!!

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1588 on: February 13, 2014, 12:25:25 am »
Probably get a negative reaction from this but it would not upset me too much if we lost to Arsenal. We would have plenty of time to rest between games whilst teams around us will be still be in cup competitions. If we had a bigger squad my opinion would be different of course.

I've wondered about that. I want to win, and it's always nice to be in the Cup draw. But I won't have the same nervous intensity on Sunday that comes with the games in a title chase.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Smug Cassandra

• outh strikes again :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Siempre Liverpool Siempre River Plate
« Reply #1589 on: February 13, 2014, 12:25:36 am »
Top 5.  = 

Chelsea
Man C
Us
Arse
Totty

Speculation over
! LIVERPOOL - EN LAS MALAS - MUCHO MAS !

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1590 on: February 13, 2014, 12:26:08 am »

Cross that bridge when we get to it. Not like it's a huge number of games left in the cup anyway.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: February 13, 2014, 12:26:46 am »
I see they've been deleted, but can all the Toure snipers take a look back to the spot on performances he gave against Arsenal and Everton. Granted, he's ballsed up but we're here to SUPPORT our team. These things happen. Take the rough with the smooth.

I'm convinced we're going to win this. I don't know why. Nothing more than a hunch, a feeling. It feels like that Istanbul season. Everybody discounting our chances. Oh, Leverkusen are good. They'll knock them out. Maybe not, but Juventus surely will. Okay, they got lucky. Haha. Chelsea. Later Liverpool. Then before you knew it, we're in the final. And people wrote us off again. Before the game. And at half time. But we just fought on, dug in, and got the ultimate prize with a combination of skill, guile, fight, belief and, just a tiny little bit of good fortune.

This season reeks of an extended version of the Istanbul campaign. Ruled out at the start. Then our good start was discounted. They'll fall away soon. Then the Christmas period when we lost to Chelsea and City away. That's them done. Upstarts. Trying to muscle in amongst the challengers. Who do they think they're kidding?

But we're still there. Doing our thing, quietly. Again, that combination of skill, guile, fight, belief and, just a tiny little bit of good fortune. That little bit of being able to beat anybody on our day.

So, for me, it's very much on.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline oovavu

• eranu
  • Anny Roader
  • Deva Diva
« Reply #1592 on: February 13, 2014, 12:27:07 am »
Man City for them was a prime example.

Definitely, We have more firepower than the and someone who knows how to deploy our munitions.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #1593 on: February 13, 2014, 12:27:51 am »
Win every game - we'll win the league.
Hand on heart I believe we'll finish third.

In my dreams we go top after beating Chelsea at Home and stay there...Make us dream.

Offline Pricey

• Might actually be Petey.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: February 13, 2014, 12:28:31 am »
We've fucking smashed Tottenham already, and given Arsenal and Everton a good hiding at Anfield.

I'm not worried about the big games at Anfield against Spurs, Man City and Chelsea. The Kop will be rockin', we'll be fucking flying at them. They won't want to come to Anfield. Put yourself in their shoes looking at our team now, they don't want it, they'll come for a draw, and hopefully we'll beat them, i'm actually confident of it.

If we can win our away games agasint the likes of Cardiff we'll be in with a massive, massive chance of winning the league.

It's down to our away form, and hopefully this is the start of a historic run.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #1595 on: February 13, 2014, 12:31:50 am »
We don't play City and Chelsea until April. By then, they might need to win to catch up ;).
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: February 13, 2014, 12:32:15 am »
Top 5.  = 

Chelsea
Man C
Us
Arse
Totty

Speculation over

Top 5 =

1. Us
2 - 5. I don't give a fuck.

Speculation over.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #1597 on: February 13, 2014, 12:37:03 am »
Get Agger and Johnson back in and we'll have the defense sorted and we'll be on our way.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: February 13, 2014, 12:44:21 am »
Get Agger and Johnson back in and we'll have the defense sorted and we'll be on our way.

Of course it's better when they are back, not sure if I feel that comfortable with Glen though, weird to say I would rather have Flanagan at either side ahead. But of course Cissokho will step off. Who has actually looked alright recently considering all his faults.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1599 on: February 13, 2014, 01:00:42 am »
Title dreaming is all well and good and no harm ... but seriously, I really really want us to finish at least 3rd now.

I want to eliminate any possiblity of those dirty Mancs snatching it from us by us finishing 4th and them fluking the CL.