Author Topic: The Racist Russian Fanciers Party  (Read 293126 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: UKIP councillor blames storms and floods on gay marriage
« Reply #360 on: May 23, 2014, 05:32:56 pm »
My work place employs hundreds of Eastern European agency workers per year. Some of them are really good hardworking people who can speak better English then a lot of English people themselves and a lot of them get taken on permanently because of that. I have also formed good relationships with some of them and consider a few of them my good friends these days. These last couple of years though they have started to take on people who either can barely speak English or can't speak any at all. Only the other day I had to stop one lad from using a circular saw because he didn't have the guard down on it even though it had a big warning sign over the top of the saw saying "WARNING - DO NOT OPERATE THIS MACHINERY WITHOUT THE GUARD BEING IN PLACE". He could of lost his fucking hand all because he couldn't read English. These are the type of people my company are taking on now because it's cheaper to employ them then employ somebody who is from this country(They're on nearly 3 pound P/H less then us for doing the same job) and that's wrong. This is the reason UKIP is getting a lot more support. It's not because people are racist. It's because this sort of thing is happening in factories and warehouses up and down the country and people are getting pissed off with it. If the government or Labour if they got into power could stop this type of thing from happening then UKIP's growing popularity would soon vanish.

The thing is this has been going on for years, its not a new phenomenon.

My granddad came from India in the early 60's like thousands of others, worked for 40 years and he never learnt to read and write like most of his generation, nor can he speak English either. He still got by.

Go back another 100 years before that and the Irish were getting shipped over to build the railways - why, because they were cheap!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: May 23, 2014, 05:33:53 pm »
You'll find it wasn't me that first mentioned the independence issue in this thread

You chose to stick your own foot in your mouth

Online Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #362 on: May 23, 2014, 05:39:03 pm »
Lazy argument that. Isn’t that just a case of your greedy bastard employer advertising jobs to them as apprentice rates or whatever? Which is no doubt illegal but not being enforced so blame Cameron and his chums for that. Oh and blame your employer for doing things on the cheap and by the sounds of it not giving proper health and safety advice either.   

1)I didn't say I don't blame our employees did I?

2) I do fucking blame Cameron

3) It's hard to give health and safety advice to someone who doesn't understand English.

All I'm saying is this sort of things is happening a lot in factories and warehouses round were I live. I know this because friends and acquaintances tell me similar things are happening in their work places as well. This is part of the reason why UKIP are gaining support, because people in the workplace are getting pissed off with it and lazily voting for them without even bothering to look up the rest of their policies.

Oh and by the way, I'm not a UKIP supporter, I'm not a bigot or a xenophobe and I am certainly NOT a racist. I'm a Labour voter who is of mixed race and suffered racism when I was kid all because I had brown skin. Got called a Paki and all sorts even though my dad wasn't from Pakistan he was from the Island of St. Helena.

Online Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: May 23, 2014, 05:45:16 pm »
Good points especially about the H&S implications, the employer is totally exposed by not carrying out the most basic duty of care.

These people go through all the health and safety procedures at their induction the same as I did, the problem is some of them don't even know what they're being told and can't even read the warning signs. It is our bosses fault that this is happening but, the government are letting them get away with it and people are getting pissed off. That's why some are voting UKIP because they are against uncontrolled immigration without even bothering to read the rest of the stuff the party stands for.

Online Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: May 23, 2014, 05:51:44 pm »
The thing is this has been going on for years, its not a new phenomenon.

My granddad came from India in the early 60's like thousands of others, worked for 40 years and he never learnt to read and write like most of his generation, nor can he speak English either. He still got by.

Go back another 100 years before that and the Irish were getting shipped over to build the railways - why, because they were cheap!

This is true. But I have noticed a massive difference these last couple of years mate. It's not safe for some of them to be in our workplace as they can't bloody read the signs. Somebody is going to get badly hurt. It's only a matter of time. Or thinking about it, maybe I just worry too much.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 05:56:12 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Reheat Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #365 on: May 23, 2014, 05:54:25 pm »
Then why not have made the remark elsewhere?

Nothing ironic about it, it's not division and scaremongering that compels a lot of people (myself included) to fear remaining in the UK. It's the strength of reactionary feeling, and the rise in far-right lunatic parties that by rights should hold no power in a decent modern society - UKIP is just one vindication of such fears.

To compare UKIP and the SNP does you no credit, it was a facile remark, and will be taken as such.
Because it was in response to something said in here.  Britain clearly isn't perfect but there's a delusion like an independent Scotland is going to be some sort of paradise with no right wing element at all, so the answers to problems are always 'vote yes' from some. 

Obviously people who believe in the SNP's cause will think differently but if you're strongly against breaking the country up like I am then comparing to UKIP is arguably tame.  At least UKIP are unlikely to ever actually get any sort of power.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
« Reply #366 on: May 23, 2014, 05:59:45 pm »
Seriously , comparing the Scottish independent movement to UKIP , step away from the glue fella , when in a hole and all that eh .
JFT96

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: May 23, 2014, 06:03:36 pm »
Seriously , comparing the Scottish independent movement to UKIP , step away from the glue fella , when in a hole and all that eh .

Do what holes do?

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #368 on: May 23, 2014, 06:04:04 pm »
These people go through all the health and safety procedures at their induction the same as I did, the problem is some of them don't even know what they're being told and can't even read the warning signs. It is our bosses fault that this is happening but, the government are letting them get away with it and people are getting pissed off. That's why some are voting UKIP because they are against uncontrolled immigration without even bothering to read the rest of the stuff the party stands for.

Correct mate, the slippery slope we're on is taking us back to the 20s and 30s, maybe beyond.

The Tories goal is no organised labour, no NHS, no legislation re H&S or employment rights. We've already got zero hour contracts, self-employed paupers and apprenticeships which give no trade or skills at the end, just more cheap labour at £2.68 an hour, hardly any surprise that we're now competing with China and India in some areas. Education will be restricted to the needs of the above, the next generations will be living in unregulated rented accomodation, close enough to the sweatshops with the ground under our feet literally being taken away by the Frackers.

BTW, my children get called for having dark skin too in this well integrated and multi-cultural society. I really fear for their future. 
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #369 on: May 23, 2014, 06:07:11 pm »
Labour hierarchy signalling a change of tactics:

Immigration talk
 Robin Brant
Political Correspondent, BBC News standard
One of Labour's most senior frontbenchers has said the party needs to "talk more about immigration" after it faced considerable competition from UKIP in parts of England in the local elections.

The shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper told BBC Radio 4's PM that the issue of people coming to the UK was part of the "concern on the doorstep" about the impact on wages. She added that Labour "need to do much more of" listening to people who "are just not feeling" the turnaround in the economy. UKIP has made gains in Labour's heartlands in the midlands and the north and appears to have hindered the progress of Ed Miliband's party.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #370 on: May 23, 2014, 06:11:42 pm »
I guess we now know how many people would vote for the BNP if it was socially acceptable. 

Think this is a very unfair statement.

I think a hell of a lot of people have been duped into thinking the only reason they haven't got a job is because of immigrants. I don't think the majority are racist at all unlike the BNP voters.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: May 23, 2014, 06:11:43 pm »
Sitting watching the news in disbelief , Essex man on TV is most certainly now UKIP man , ' it's not about being racist ' , ' Frottage  is normal ' etc , Jesus wept . I know it's a Tory heartland but , I can see these very same people making these people MPs as ' they speak normal like us ' or ' they say what we are thinking '
JFT96

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #372 on: May 23, 2014, 06:14:46 pm »
Sitting watching the news in disbelief , Essex man on TV is most certainly now UKIP man , ' it's not about being racist ' , ' Frottage  is normal ' etc , Jesus wept . I know it's a Tory heartland but , I can see these very same people making these people MPs as ' they speak normal like us ' or ' they say what we are thinking '

Isn't UKIP ahead in the polls for one of the Scottish European election constituencies?

Online Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: May 23, 2014, 06:23:09 pm »

I think a hell of a lot of people have been duped into thinking the only reason they haven't got a job is because of immigrants. I don't think the majority are racist at all unlike the BNP voters.

This is true. They're certainly not all racist. A lot who voted UKIP last night will have been voters of other parties like Labour who voted for UKIP in the hope it gives their party the kick up the backside it needs.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #374 on: May 23, 2014, 06:27:28 pm »
This is true. They're certainly not all racist. A lot who voted UKIP last night will have been voters of other parties like Labour who voted for UKIP in the hope it gives their party the kick up the backside it needs.

I friggin hope so, mate. I've said they will get some MPs next year I just hope they take Tory seats if they do.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Online Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: May 23, 2014, 06:32:09 pm »
I friggin hope so, mate. I've said they will get some MPs next year I just hope they take Tory seats if they do.

I know from the lads and lasses I've talked to at work and in the local that a lot of them who usually vote labour, voted UKIP last night in the hope that the Labour party will stand up and listen. Only two said they'd vote for UKIP in the general election as well. Now if people are thinking like that in the Chorley, Leyland, Preston and the Bamber Bridge area, I'm guessing there are a lot more people thinking that way through out the country as well.

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 23, 2014, 06:33:15 pm »
Isn't UKIP ahead in the polls for one of the Scottish European election constituencies?

It's UKIP vs Green for the sixth seat. I am ashamed to say.

Seriously , comparing the Scottish independent movement to UKIP , step away from the glue fella

Exactly, utterly inane.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: May 23, 2014, 06:35:46 pm »
It's UKIP vs Green for the sixth seat. I am ashamed to say.

I read today the SNP were favourites to get it as a 3rd seat - can't remember where.   Obviously that would be preferable to UKIP getting it but I don't trust their candidate Tasmina Sheikh - she's been a member of both Labour and the Tories before joining SNP.

Exactly, utterly inane.

Yep, completely disingenuous comparison, they have nothing in common.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:41:43 pm by elmo_swatloski »

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: May 23, 2014, 06:51:03 pm »
I read today the SNP were favourites to get it as a 3rd seat - can't remember where.   Obviously that would be preferable to UKIP getting it but I don't trust their candidate Tasmina Sheikh - she's been a member of both Labour and the Tories before joining SNP.

Hmm, they'd have to get over triple the votes of either Green or UKIP, I'd be surprised if SNP or Labour manage 3 seats. Not that I'd stake anything on it.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: May 23, 2014, 07:07:44 pm »
Would be happy enough to see the greens get a seat , but Scotland is way under represented in Europe , countries of similar sizes have double the amount of MEPs
JFT96

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: May 23, 2014, 07:32:02 pm »
Would be happy enough to see the greens get a seat , but Scotland is way under represented in Europe , countries of similar sizes have double the amount of MEPs

Malta has less than 10% of the population of Scotland and has the same number of MEP's.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: May 23, 2014, 07:33:34 pm »
I think there'll be a fair amount of people who voted UKIP who haven't voted before, or wouldn't say they were supporters of any party prior.

Meanwhile, there is probably a fair amount of people who usually vote, but feel too disillusioned and dissatisfied with the main parties to vote at all.

I know that's probably fairly obvious like, but I feel it's worth saying. A lot of people voting for UKIP might not have cared about politics before.

Offline Reheat Red

• Kopite
« Reply #382 on: May 23, 2014, 10:43:15 pm »
Exactly, utterly inane.

Yep, completely disingenuous comparison, they have nothing in common.

So you see absolutely no parallel in the determination to pull out of a political union?

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: May 23, 2014, 10:49:28 pm »

So you see absolutely no parallel in the determination to pull out of a political union?

Fuck me, you're right, Alex Salmond, UKIP, Chechen insurgents and ETA terrorists - peas in a pod!

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: May 23, 2014, 11:34:36 pm »
Fuck me, you're right, Alex Salmond, UKIP, Chechen insurgents and ETA terrorists - peas in a pod!

:) :) , I actually think the boy is serious to , sad eh
JFT96

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #385 on: May 23, 2014, 11:35:57 pm »
via @fleetstreetfox   "#UKIP have 145 of 3,263 council seats so far counted - 4.4% of total.  #BNP managed 6.2% in 2009.  #earthquakemyarse"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: May 24, 2014, 12:25:26 am »
via @fleetstreetfox   "#UKIP have 145 of 3,263 council seats so far counted - 4.4% of total.  #BNP managed 6.2% in 2009.  #earthquakemyarse"

I'm sure that's incorrect. BNP only got 3 council seats in 2009 from what I'm looking at.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #387 on: May 24, 2014, 12:28:48 am »

I'm sure that's incorrect. BNP only got 3 council seats in 2009 from what I'm looking at.
ahh, never believe everything you read on the internet is the lesson here for me haha

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: May 24, 2014, 12:35:59 am »
ahh, never believe everything you read on the internet is the lesson here for me haha

I think they've mixed up the two elections from 2009. The BNP got 6.2% of the European Election vote.

I don't know why they're comparing BNP in 2009 and UKIP 2014 anyway.
Even in 2009, UKIP were ahead of BNP. They took 16.6% of the vote to BNP's 6.2% in the EU elections, and picked up 7 councillors to BNP's 3.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: May 24, 2014, 12:47:00 am »

I almost believed the figure too because I agreed with the general sentiment, it's no reason to be terrified. Labour just need to get their act together and actually stand for something.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #390 on: May 24, 2014, 12:47:30 am »
Watching Ukip getting votes and Frottage gurning on the TV like a twat. you know the towie fan now rules the country.

If joey Essex was their leader they would be unstoppable.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:11:21 am by Fanxxxxtastic »
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #391 on: May 24, 2014, 01:09:47 am »

I think the statement is correct they are voting for them because of their statements on immigrants which is just really blaming them for everything without looking at their other policies total c*nt policies that would make Thatcher blush.

It getting like how the media used to treate Idi Amin as a running joke oh what a funny person he his without looking behind the smile and the dead eyes.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:12:23 am by Fanxxxxtastic »
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Reheat Red

• Kopite
« Reply #392 on: May 24, 2014, 01:22:25 am »
:) :) , I actually think the boy is serious to , sad eh

Easy to mock of course but that's not actually explaining why i'm wrong

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: May 24, 2014, 01:25:43 am »

You are obviously at it , as you have been outed on here as a Tory before it's difficult to take you seriously ,
JFT96

Offline Reheat Red

• Kopite
« Reply #394 on: May 24, 2014, 01:36:26 am »
You are obviously at it , as you have been outed on here as a Tory before it's difficult to take you seriously ,
Not this again  :butt

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: May 24, 2014, 02:55:45 am »

I don't need to, you haven't begun to explain why I should think you are right. If anything I can't explain why you are wrong because of that. There's simply nothing to refute.

But if I must humour you, I would have to explain that to compare UKIP to the SNP purely on the basis that they both desire to leave a political union, is as useful and revealing as comparing Tina Turner and Mikhail Gorbachev for both having birthmarks. And in reality the SNP and UKIP share precious little by ways of ideological common ground, policies, and beliefs of their respective members and supporters.

You would have been better off disowning your original remark as an ill-conceived throwaway post, instead of using childish reasoning to support it and defend your position.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 03:02:57 am by zebenzui »

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: May 24, 2014, 03:16:54 am »

What's perestroika got to do with it, got to with it?
What's glasnost, but a second hand political movement?
Who needs a proletariat, when a proletariat can demand free market liberalization?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #397 on: May 24, 2014, 08:16:46 am »
Can someone give me a break down of UKIP`s policies? I`ve read the last three/four pages of this thread and the main points Ive taken from it are name calling, finger pointing and people shouting racist.

I`m a Labour man myself, didn`t vote on Thursday ( due to working down South ), and I literally haven`t got the time to follow politics due to obscene working hours.

People constantly banging the "They`re shit, they`re racist" drum doesn`t help people like me who haven`t the time to fully understand who they are and what they`re about.

I`ve seen the news reports of gays causing the floods (!), the immigration attacks from them amongst others, but that`s all some one like me sees is the "Headlines". I`m old enough now to understand there`s always much more to a story than just a headline.

So, if I were to vots for UKIP next year, what would I be voting for?? How would it affect me and my kids lives if they were in power?

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #398 on: May 24, 2014, 09:10:05 am »

Nigel Frottage: 'The Tories have failed; only Ukip dares cut spending on NHS and pensions'

By Benedict Brogan Politics Last updated: January 28th, 2014

A few days ago Nigel Frottage threw out the 2010 Ukip manifesto, which he admitted he’d never read. Of course, he wasn’t party leader at the last election, but then his predecessor never read it either (and you can watch how well that went here). Now that he’s starting from scratch, though, attention will focus on what sort of offer he plans to make to the electorate in 2015. As the Times suggests today, Mr Frottage is developing a NewKIP. By dismissing old ideas as "drivel" and its unattractive personalities as "Walter Mittys", he wants to give his party a makeover to make it a credible rival to the Tories.

Between now and the May 22 elections the debate will obviously be about Europe: Mr Frottage will do his best to tap in to voter anger with the Government. He hopes Ukip will come first as a result. But after that it gets serious. He and his party will come under sustained scrutiny for their economic policies. It’s here, in fact, that he hopes to cause maximum agony to David Cameron, by pressing the Tories harder on deficit reduction and spending cuts. In his interview today he specifically says domestic and economic policy will have to wait until after the Euros.

But it’s worth anticipating some of the broad lines that he is likely to pursue. He has some very clear ideas. When I spoke to him recently, he set out a few which are worth considering. As you might expect, they are devised to gladden the heart of the Right.

His focus will be on spending cuts. The Coalition, he will argue, "has failed in its primary role to cut the annual deficit". The deficit is still vast, and overall debt continues to rise as a result. After May 22, therefore, Mr Frottage intends to "outline the absolute necessity to cut government spending". And here he intends a flanking manoeuvre on the Tories.

With the main parties arguing over marginal savings in the way bald men might argue over a comb, Mr Frottage will strike out in favour of cuts to the NHS, pensions, and all the other protected areas of public spending. He will pledge to end the ring-fencing of particular spending: "ridiculous arguments" he told me, specifying the NHS and the triple-lock on pensions. "No, given the mess we're in everything needs to be on the table and thought about." If anything, it sounds a bit like Ed Balls’s "zero based" approach to spending that he announced recently.

Sketching out his thinking, Mr Frottage told me: "We take the view that the greatest boom in Britain has been the growth in the cost of the public sector. The growth of the public sector has placed a massive cost on this country. We will come up with a plan, a fairly radical plan, about how government spending should be cut. We want to be the party that talks about growth, freeing up the British economy and allowing it to be global."

There are obvious opportunities here: appealing to traditional Tories, bearding George and Dave, putting them on the spot every time the conversation turns to the economy and deficit reduction, forcing the debate about quite why health, pensions, foreign aid should be protected at all.

But there are dangers too. First, as polls show, economic credibility matters, and Mr Frottage may struggle if he invites scrutiny of his fiscal policies: what will he cut? By how much? What hospitals will he close? Whose pensions will he reduce? The Tories tried that tack before Mr Cameron, and it brought them nothing but pain. Second, plenty of his supporters rely on the NHS and claim pensions: how will he avoid alienating them? You think leaving Europe is tricky? Try cutting the weekly income for the elderly

Offline Istanbul, 2005

• Strong believer in UKIP's domestic and European policies.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mersey paradise
« Reply #399 on: May 24, 2014, 09:37:08 am »
His policies fill me with dread. But this is what you get when a smug metropolitan elite treat the people with contempt, writes DOMINIC SANDBROOK

Nobody can say it hasn’t been coming.

Yet as the local election results filtered through yesterday morning, there was a palpable sense of shock inside Britain’s political establishment, which had spent weeks writing off Nigel Frottage and his motley band of grassroots insurgents.

‘The Ukip fox,’ Mr Frottage said delightedly yesterday, ‘is in the Westminster hen house.’

That is putting it mildly — not least since the results in the European elections, which will not be counted until tomorrow, are expected to be even better for Ukip.

To get a sense of how far Mr Frottage’s party has come, consider this. In the 2010 General Election, Ukip won just 3 per cent of the vote.

It does not have a single MP, its last election manifesto was wildly incoherent and, with the exception of the ebullient Mr Frottage, its representatives are utterly obscure.

Yet for the second consecutive year, Ukip has won around a fifth of the national vote.

Defying all the predictions, it has gained more than 100 council seats. In Essex, it denied the Tories victory in Basildon, Castle Point and Southend.

And in Rotherham, supposedly a working-class Labour bastion, its candidates averaged a whopping 47 per cent of the vote.

By any standards this represents a political earthquake.

Since the 1930s, British politics has essentially been a two-and-a-half-party system, with the Tories and Labour monopolising the dance floor and the Lib Dems, in their various forms, lurking half-heartedly on the fringes.

What is now clear is that those days are finished. Neither David Cameron nor Ed Miliband has the slightest hope of winning as much as 40 per cent of the vote at the next General Election.

And given Ukip’s performance over the past few years, it would be a brave man who would bet against them picking up at least 10 per cent of the vote — and maybe more — in May 2015.

The really extraordinary thing is that this has been the achievement of one man.

Who would have believed that the outspoken Nigel Frottage, a privately-educated former City trader who has never won a Westminster seat, would inspire such enthusiasm among ordinary voters from the housing estates of Essex to the post-industrial towns of South Yorkshire?

‘When he walked on to the stage in Portsmouth,’ wrote one reporter in last week’s Spectator magazine, ‘the crowd rose for him with a fervour I’ve never witnessed at a mainstream party conference.’

There is, of course, an obvious explanation. What Mr Frottage has tapped into is a widespread national discontent that cannot merely be dismissed — as some metropolitan commentators have tried to do — as racism or xenophobia.

Ukip was founded in 1993 as an obscure anti-federalist pressure group. For years it struggled to gain attention.
Ukip leader Nigel Frottage clutches a bottle of wine as he is mobbed by supporters and the media as he met new councillors in South Ockendon. However, an exclusive poll by Lord Ashcroft showed Mr Frottage faces an uphill struggle to hold on to support in next year's general election

This surge in support for the party has been down to just one man. Ukip leader Nigel Frottage clutches a bottle of wine as he is mobbed by supporters and the media as he met new councillors in South Ockendon

Mr Frottage’s tactical genius was to turn it into a populist anti-Establishment party, articulating deep-seated public anxieties about the two great taboos of modern political debate: Europe and immigration.

In many corners of the media, as well as in Westminster itself, both of these issues are regarded as toxic. Yet by ignoring them, the politicians have simply handed them to Mr Frottage.

In the few days before Thursday’s elections, most of the coverage hinged on immigration.

When an exhausted Mr Frottage said he would not want Romanians to move in next door to him, many commentators declared that he had committed an unforgivable gaffe which would poison his national reputation and destroy his support overnight.

I was reminded, however, of an interview Margaret Thatcher gave during a by-election campaign in Ilford in 1978, when she remarked that people were frightened of being ‘swamped’ by immigrants.

Like Mr Frottage, she was seen as having committed a dreadful error. However, the supposed gaffe struck a chord, and the Tories promptly romped to victory.

The truth is that the immigration issue has been simmering unhealthily away for at least 40 years. As early as the late-1960s, polls showed that among young and old alike, mass immigration was by far the most unpopular development of the decade.

Among Britain’s politicians, however, immigration has always been the ultimate taboo. When Enoch Powell spoke out in 1968, he was roundly condemned and thrown off the Tory front bench.

Yet, whatever you or I might think of Powell’s famous ‘Rivers of Blood’ speech (a line he never actually used), a Gallup poll at the time found that 74 per cent of people agreed with him, while only 15 per cent disagreed.
Mr Frottage appeared to be in high spirits with supporters during a visit to Basildon

Mr Frottage's tactical genius was to turn it into a populist anti-Establisment party

Then as now, in other words, there was a wide gulf between what people thought at Westminster and what people thought in the rest of the country.

Writing a few days after the speech, the Guardian’s star columnist Peter Jenkins dismissed arguments that Powell and his admirers were merely racist.

What motivated them, Jenkins wrote, was the feeling that ‘the politicians are conspiring against the people, that the country is led by men who have no idea about what interests or frightens the ordinary people in the back streets of Wolverhampton’.

That sounds pretty familiar to me. Some of Mr Frottage’s supporters may, indeed, be racially prejudiced, and certainly one or two of his councillors have some jaw-dropping medieval opinions. But I think there is much more to it than the prejudices of a minority.

For decades, surveys have shown that millions of ordinary people dislike the European Union and are alarmed by the influx of so many newcomers, especially in working-class towns struggling to cope with the decline of industry and the rise of unemployment.

Contrary to what the sneering metropolitan commentators like to think, the vast majority of these people are not racists. What worries them is the evaporation of jobs which are going overseas, the stagnation of real wages, the shortage of decent housing, the overcrowding of primary schools and the rising pressure on hospital wards and A&E departments.

Britain’s political and media classes, however, have shown themselves almost entirely uninterested — and for depressingly obvious reasons.

Had these elections been held across Great Britain instead of only in London and other English boroughs, the BBC estimates that the Tories' share of the vote would have been 29 per cent compared with Labour's 31 per cent - a predictably poor performance for the main party of government and far from adequate for an overall majority a year from now

Tory leader David Cameron ruled out an election pact with Ukip, insisting his party had to do more to persuade voters they were delivering for Britain
The main three parties' messages also are more similar than distinctive. All three share the blame, despite the recent economic upturn, for the country's continuing woes
The main three parties' messages also are more similar than distinctive. All three share the blame, despite the recent economic upturn, for the country's continuing woes

Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg refused to resign after losing flagship councils, while Labour leader Ed Miliband faced fresh criticism of his leadership style

Most British politicians inhabit a gilded bubble. They are often born into comfortable households, go to private schools (or elite comprehensives) and then spend three years at Oxford or Cambridge before becoming political researchers, special advisers and MPs.

Well-heeled politicians such as David Cameron, Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg, like their friends and allies in the liberal media, see only the benefits of European membership and the unfettered movement of labour. To them, immigration means cheaper au pairs, cleaners and builders.

Because they rarely see the world outside Westminster, except on flying visits to their constituencies, they have no sense of the anxiety in working-class communities and are quick to condemn anybody who violates their shared taboo.

One example tells a wider story. Last year, the former editor of Prospect magazine, David Goodhart, published a book (serialised in the Mail), arguing that immigration was undermining national solidarity and the welfare state, and should, therefore, be curtailed.

As the incarnation of liberal-minded intellectualism, Mr Goodhart was very obviously not a racist. Yet to many people in London’s political and literary elites, he had put himself beyond the pale.

Not only did his expected invitation to the Hay Literary Festival not materialise, but there were howls of protest when his book was shortlisted for the Orwell Prize for political writing. This will surely strike a chord with many Ukip supporters, who, for the past few weeks, have been dismissed as a gaggle of lunatics, losers and would-be Nazis.

Perhaps I should say, by the way, that I am very far from being a Ukip supporter and almost certainly never will be.

The party’s manifesto seems to me largely fantastical, and the thought of its representatives running our nation’s schools and hospitals fills me with dread.

Yet I was shocked by the sanctimonious, patronising coverage in much of the London media. Indeed, reading some columnists, as well as listening to most of our current MPs, it was hard to miss the stench of social and cultural snobbery.

The party's manifesto seems to me largely fantastical. Yet London's patronising media coverage was shocking

Mr Frottage claimed that his party was re-writing political history by taking on all the three main parties

As the maverick Left-wing writer John Harris remarked yesterday, there was ‘a collective outbreak of sneering, which started to transcend the party itself and blur into a generalised mockery of anyone minded to support it’.

On Twitter, a BBC News channel editor, Jasmine Lawrence, declared that Ukip appealed only to ‘white, middle-class, middle-aged men with sexist/racist views’.

And others were little better. Almost incredibly, one Evening Standard columnist, after insisting that Ukip was a ‘racist party’, declared that it was ‘left to Londoners to speak for the nation’.

The truth, of course, is that Londoners spend rather too much time speaking for the nation. That is part of the problem.

Too often our self-regarding political classes forget that in reality (as opposed to their Westminster bubble), most of us do not live in London and are sick of having to endure the condescending jibes of those who do.

As Ukip’s Cheltenham branch chairman, Christina Simmonds, remarked yesterday: ‘They patronise us and try to make out we don’t know what we’re talking about just because they don’t agree with us. But what we’re saying is making sense to good, ordinary people.’

So where do we go from here?

It seems certain that tomorrow night’s European results will bring more good news for Mr Frottage, and it seems highly implausible that his support will melt away, like the snows in spring, in time for next year’s General Election.
Tory Education Secretary Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove said the loss of votes to Ukip was a 'clear instruction from people on us to deliver'

Tory Education Secretary Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove said losing votes to Ukip was a 'clear instruction on us to deliver'

For Ed Miliband, the elections have been a wretched embarrassment. As the Labour MP John Mann rightly remarked, the ‘pointy-heads’ at the top of his party seem to have no idea of the pressures facing their working-class voters, while Mr Miliband’s student-union socialism has conspicuously failed to arouse public enthusiasm.

For David Cameron, though, the Ukip challenge seems even more urgent. Ever since becoming Tory leader in 2005, the PM has been determined to dismiss and patronise Ukip’s supporters, even calling them ‘loonies, fruitcakes and closet racists’.

Far from reaching out to them, Mr Cameron has effectively pretended that Ukip’s supporters do not exist.

That strategy has comprehensively failed; indeed, it is Mr Cameron’s condescending, lord-of-the-manor approach that has driven so many working-class and lower-middle-class Tories into Nigel Frottage’s embrace.

It now seems very plausible that Ukip will pick up at least 10 per cent of the vote at next year’s General Election. In many parts of Britain, especially Southern England, there will almost certainly be a comfortable centre-right majority.

But that majority will be divided. And unless there is a stunning collapse in Ukip’s vote, they will surely cost the Tories several seats, perhaps even dozens, next May — thereby putting Ed Miliband into Downing Street.

Mr Cameron has always resisted the idea of an electoral pact with Ukip. But I wonder if he is now rethinking his position.

The Tories, after all, have a long history of election-winning pacts. In the late-Victorian period they governed in alliance with Joseph Chamberlain’s Liberal Unionists; in 1918 they organised a slate with David Lloyd George’s Liberals; and in the 1930s they formed an alliance with Ramsay MacDonald’s renegade National Labour party and Sir John Simon’s National Liberals.

A pact with Ukip would not, therefore, be unprecedented. It would certainly be risky. But since Mr Cameron may well decide that it offers the only chance of retaining the keys to No 10, I would not be surprised to see him change his mind.

At the very least, Mr Cameron has to find a way of speaking to those parts of Britain — unsung, ordinary, provincial working-class and lower-middle-class towns up and down the country — that he has so far failed to reach.

If he fails, then this time next year he will be looking for a new job. That ought to focus his mind.

At Half time AC thought they had us beat
The Blueshite were dancing in the North Wales Streets
But Stevie G played like a man posessed
And all they have now is their Bitterness!

How do you sleep at night Duckenfield?