Author Topic: The Joy Of Luis Alberto  (Read 41657 times)

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Joy Of Luis Alberto
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2013, 12:12:14 pm »

He'd probably also miss out on the tinned fruit and evap then, who says modern footballers have it easy :D

Forgot to add my thanks to Roy for starting the thread with a great opening post.

Yes great post by Roy the boy.

Cony-onie, powdered egg, pan of scouse, stickylite, washed down with the one true classic...Dandelion & Burdock...ahhh..

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2013, 12:49:32 pm »
Yes great post by Roy the boy.

Cony-onie, powdered egg, pan of scouse, stickylite, washed down with the one true classic...Dandelion & Burdock...ahhh..
Recently rediscovered Cream Soda in our local Chippie...classic pop.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2013, 01:24:56 pm »
Regarding the OPs.

I love the fact that our esteemed royhendo has a massive, massive mancrush on Luis Alberto and isn't afraid to show it.

:wellin
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2013, 01:36:42 pm »
They are all called Luis's or Carlos's or Hose' these days aren't they...what's wrong with Billy or Stanley..

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2013, 01:38:30 pm »
Mancrush...that's when yer balls get trapped between yer thighs isn't it..

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2013, 02:43:28 pm »
I took to Luis Alberto when I first saw his compilations on YouTube. Just something really likeable about him. Some of his corners for Sevilla/Barca B were wonderful, plenty of height and then dipping at the last minute, kind of like a Ronaldo free kick.

He's got plenty of time to become a really great player.

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2013, 03:29:46 pm »

He'd probably also miss out on the tinned fruit and evap then, who says modern footballers have it easy :D

Forgot to add my thanks to Roy for starting the thread with a great opening post.

I hated that. fucking tinned peach and Libby's Milk, still makes me shudder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2013, 03:32:35 pm »
Well up for butterscotch Angel delight on the last Thursday of the month after the Big Shop!!!! Top of the pops Tomorrow's world and butter Scotch Angel Delight!

And bringing it back on to topic, this boy is Butter Scotch Angel Delight. Sums him up nicely for me.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2013, 03:49:22 pm »
tinned peaches and Libbys one sunday. Tinned pears and libby's the next. Then tinned mandarin oranges and libbys. Then back to the fuckin peaches and libbys. All to the background of Two way family favourites, round the horne and the Clitheroe Kid.

Who said variety wasn't the spice of life.

;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2013, 04:09:34 pm »
tinned peaches and Libbys one sunday. Tinned pears and libby's the next. Then tinned mandarin oranges and libbys. Then back to the fuckin peaches and libbys. All to the background of Two way family favourites, round the horne and the Clitheroe Kid.

Who said variety wasn't the spice of life.

;D

I forgot about the mandarins!! they were the worst. I actually liked the pear juice.

Fucking Sundays, roast dinner!!!!! yessssss!! tinned fruit!!! fuck off!! I used to get Bananna custard every now and again just for me cos I wouldn't eat anything else. Me Nan would bring round a little jam tart for me and all that she made from the left over pastry from some god awful plum pie or summit.

Would have been just as happy with extra roast potatoes, they could never work out why I didn't eat the puddings they all ate. It was fucking Libby's Milk they put it on every fucking thing.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2013, 04:32:51 pm »
I think it's time to put away the tins of libbys or carnation and get Roy's thread back on track ;)  Luis Alberto, we've only seen a few glimpses but if he can acclimatise we could have a player on our hands.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2013, 06:55:35 pm »
I think it's time to put away the tins of libbys or carnation and get Roy's thread back on track ;)  Luis Alberto, we've only seen a few glimpses but if he can acclimatise we could have a player on our hands.

Sorry for this one Albie, but does anyone remember that I think it was Nestles cream? It was in one of those tins the size of a tin of John West salmon or tuna tin, and it was like a fucking solid block of white emulsion. You had to throw it in a bowl and batter the fuck out of it with a fork before you could put it on your tinned fruit.

Anyway, back on track, the ball through to Sterling for his first goal is absolutely sublime. I think the only type of turn Yorky missed out was the 3/8ths (or 135 degree one) that he [erfomed shortly before his first goal. He was brilliant the other night, and young Raheem didn't look too shabby either. The future certainly is bright.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/iLDRJtp4syM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/iLDRJtp4syM</a>
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 06:58:50 pm by macca666 »
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2013, 10:46:38 pm »
I would start Alberto against Southampton.

I can't see any reason at all why we wouldn't. I said something similar in the Coutinho thread, but this is when you give him his first start. At every angle you look - Alberto should be walking out with the team on Saturday. We paid a big wedge for him, Suarez is back for the next game, and Coutinho's out for a reasonably long while. When Suarez does come back, does Alberto get a start? You'd doubt it (barring injuries), so this is the perfect time.

Before the season started, and we all began to consider where we may end up at the end of the season, all of us would have dropped us down a place or 2 if we thought Coutinho would be out for a while, but having a younger player in the squad of Alberto's quality to come in... someone young and eager to impress... it's tailor made for a start. All things point to a start and who knows... maybe we'll have a conundrum on our hands as to who plays that role by Christmas/end of season.

And the nice thing about it is... the oppo will be thinking, who the fuck is this fella, like they did Coutinho. They're a bit wiser to Coutinho now.

Houllier often liked to use the phrase 'blessing in disguise', and maybe this is one that actually is. For the time being. No brainer for me... got to start him.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2013, 11:17:42 pm »
Coutinho injured. Luis Alberto won't have a better chance to impress in his position: number 10.

Step up, dawg.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2013, 12:07:40 am »
I think that's one for Rodgers who'll know whether a start will be beneficial for him or it's better for his development to give him time more gradually.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2013, 12:17:38 am »
Coutinho injured. Luis Alberto won't have a better chance to impress in his position: number 10.

Step up, dawg.

Start him. He'll run the game within 20 mins once he clocks the pace ;)

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2013, 01:40:42 am »
Great OPs - can't wait for similar breakdown after he starts v Southampton and guides us calmly around the pitch to yet another 1-0.

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2013, 02:36:36 am »
Most enjoyable read I've ever had on RAWK. Excellent stuff and just full of goodies on a player I know relatively little about. Now I'm yearning for more. I'm excited that he can develop into something special because he has that footballing acumen. Great stuff Roy and thanks for the effort on these posts.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline tmsneil

• A compere beyond compare
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2013, 09:39:39 am »
Really enjoyed this thread.

And I'd start him against Southampton.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2013, 11:24:09 am »
This is a player I'd really like to see us persevere with, even if he doesn't set the world alight to begin with.

He's a wonderful talent and plays the game the way it should be played imo.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2013, 11:39:04 am »
Comments in the guardian today...

"With Philippe Coutinho's shoulder injury, Brendan Rodgers has a dilemma over whom to select behind Daniel Sturridge this weekend against Southampton. Saturday's game represents a window between Coutinho's injury and the end of Luis Suárez's ban, for one of Liverpool's squad members to make his mark. Rodgers could do worse than blood Luis Alberto, who scored a hat-trick for the club's U-21 side midweek and excelled in the No10 role for Barcelona B last season – performances which earned him the move to Merseyside in the summer. Rodgers may feel that the match has come too soon for the in-form 20-year-old but with an underwhelming Iago Aspas the most likely alternative as a second striker, Liverpool's manager could capitalise on the increasing confidence of Alberto before Suárez reclaims a starting berth"

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/20/premier-league-10-things-weekend
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2013, 12:03:00 pm »
Aspas for Coutinho doesn't make sense because he doesn't have the same creativity, vision or weight of pass. If we blood Luis Alberto now and he does well, it would bode well for the future as having options in Coutinho's position. Over to you, Brendan.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2013, 12:04:58 pm »
This is a player I'd really like to see us persevere with, even if he doesn't set the world alight to begin with.

He's a wonderful talent and plays the game the way it should be played imo.
Agreed. At first I was unsure and I certainly think we should have spent the money (and a bit) on a certain Tottenham player, however he does seem a clever player.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2013, 09:17:46 pm »
I think that's one for Rodgers who'll know whether a start will be beneficial for him or it's better for his development to give him time more gradually.

No, I will be picking the team from now on. Mr Rodgers will be concentrating on the coaching ;)

Arrived at the part in Red or Dead today where Shankly is talking with Harold Wilson (Prime Minister at the time of the conversation for the yougner ones...)

[Harold Wilson:] And you've got to give them responsibility young.
           Exactly, said Bill Shankly. And if I had a well-known player, unable to play through injury, which would be a terrible blow. Some teams, if they lose a key player, that's them gone, you know? And the pessimistic will let that get them down. But when I had a key player injured, I used to say to the boy apprentice, Now listen, son. You're a better player than him. You see? And have a little bit of psychology.

Offline jdelcue

• Kemlynite
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2013, 10:29:41 pm »
This thread is to savour these little moments. The moments where the footballing brain shines through. It's not to whinge, or to whine, or to analyse this and that. It's to post stuff that shows a footballing brain in action.

It'd be nice if we could reserve it for that.

Agreed...

Excellent work off the OP, it goes without saying -- but, like the others, I'll say it anyways lol.  ;)

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2013, 01:37:25 am »
As others have said, great OP. Every time I've seen Alberto, he's always had time on the ball. That alone can show that he'll turn out to be a great player.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2013, 01:41:51 am »
Thanks to Royhendo for the OPs.

We've really lacked leaders the last few years, hopefully (in time) Alberto will develop into one. Certainly looks like that's the way he's going!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

royhendo

« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2013, 07:14:42 am »
Terrific stuff Roy mister piano henderson sir.

:)

Got to say I too have been impressed by his in-built organisational tendencies. Not something you see so much these days and especially a young player coming on against United like that. But it's clearly part of him and when you think about it it just makes perfect sense to do it. Real COMMUNICATION - the lost art in era of such sophisticated communication technology  ;D. Alan Ball was the master of it at Everton. I noticed the same thing about LA from that first pre-season game. As regards his all round game I likened him to Willie Stevo and the more I see I'm sticking with that, although he's clearly got a goalscoring appetite that Stevo never had. I think the physical robustness will develop quite quickly with him as he realises he's now going to have to compete with so many flat track premiership bully boys.

It's exciting seeing that comparison Tim!

royhendo

« Reply #148 on: October 6, 2013, 08:28:22 am »
PS - go and read the o.p. Illustrate the points, and enjoy a player. Otherwise, get lost.