Author Topic: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho  (Read 307986 times)

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Re: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho
« Reply #1000 on: October 2, 2013, 10:58:30 am »
It's odd that the three centre backs have decent pace but are reluctant to push up the pitch.

That would be a question for Brendan.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: October 2, 2013, 12:13:05 pm »
It's odd that the three centre backs have decent pace but are reluctant to push up the pitch.

Maybe that's why teams are finding it difficult to score against us this season... We're not that open to the counter any more... 3 clean sheets and half the goals we've conceded so far came in one match..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline LFC Jim

• Kopite
« Reply #1002 on: October 2, 2013, 12:31:03 pm »
Very good player. Still think we will do better with him in a back 4. Im not convinced of this 3-5-2 business. I think once Johnson is back we will be able to have better balance.
Bring Back Sami.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #1003 on: October 2, 2013, 04:08:31 pm »
Very good player. Still think we will do better with him in a back 4. Im not convinced of this 3-5-2 business. I think once Johnson is back we will be able to have better balance.
Luddite. ;)

A little vid of the young Cissokho from around the time of his Lyon transfer in '09, when he'd just exploded on the European big-boys scene at Porto, and suddenly had all these massive clubs like Milan and OL after him:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M6tOlv1GnoM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/M6tOlv1GnoM</a>

Yes, it's going on half a decade since all the good stuff there, and he hasn't really consistently impressed at either OL or Valencia, but he's still got all that pace and power to fly for us at wingback, especially considering that mean bedrock trio we will(?) have covering his behind. You just wanna see that youthful fearless drive and adventure back again, with the speed and stamina to recover the ball when lost & get up and down that line for 90+ minutes, and hopefully enough presence of mind serve up a decent final ball more often than not (although we won't need precision-cut Beckham specials planted right on the SaS' heads - both of them are evidently pretty shit in that respect ;D - just need those fizzed-in low chancers that they can trap/tap quickly before defences can act).

I'd much rather have attack-minded Cissokho-types at wingback than fullback to be honest - Glen wouldn't be exposed quite so much either when going on his regular forays (as long as he stops just running into people). Occasional lapses in concentration aside, Jose's a pretty solid defensive leftback, but we simply demand more in those wide slots than he seems able to provide. I actually really like the daft bugger, but he's probably best kept as a capable squad option if at all.

Johnson-Toure-Agger-Sakho-Cissokho has to get a run-out at some point, it just feels too right now not to try it when everyone's fully fit. Two massive badass lefty Frenchies whose names both end in 'kho' on one side, with two cute charming smooth brothers (who could each effortlessly rock a rakish trilby) on the other, with a cool copiously-inked ball-playing Biker-Viking the cherry on top (in the middle) - that's what I call balance! :D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1004 on: October 2, 2013, 04:25:36 pm »
Thinking the same  , can see us playing higher if we go with Toure Agger and Sakho

Offline LoubySoho

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1005 on: October 2, 2013, 05:37:56 pm »
We have to try toure - agger - sakho hopefully against palace

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: October 4, 2013, 12:36:01 am »
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=2190180/

Sakho's back in the France National Squad. Deschamps followed his word (telling Sakho to leave PSG if he wanted to be recalled), so great news (I think) for him. That'll surely spur him on to be even more of a beast for us!

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #1007 on: October 4, 2013, 08:08:01 am »
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=2190180/

Sakho's back in the France National Squad. Deschamps followed his word (telling Sakho to leave PSG if he wanted to be recalled), so great news (I think) for him. That'll surely spur him on to be even more of a beast for us!
Feel happy for him. As you said, this should serve as a further motivation to do well for us
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
  • Compulsive hyperbolic exaggerator
« Reply #1008 on: October 5, 2013, 04:55:57 pm »
Man of the match for me
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1009 on: October 5, 2013, 04:56:44 pm »
No nonsense beast!

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: October 5, 2013, 04:56:59 pm »
Retrospectively, he seems to be an excellent signing

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: October 5, 2013, 04:59:47 pm »
Had a good chuckle at his close shave with the own-goal, seems to be somebody that enjoys his football. Keep it up lad.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: October 5, 2013, 05:00:00 pm »
His mid range passing is so good.  Defensive brick wall is just the beginning.

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: October 5, 2013, 05:02:01 pm »
The Great Wall of Anfield

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: October 5, 2013, 05:02:27 pm »
Too bad he plays on the left side, because if we do go back to 4 at the back he's the perfect partner for Agger.  One jumping into the passing lanes/clearing up aerial threats, the other using his game intelligence to cover his partner when he's caught out, both can pick a pass.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: October 5, 2013, 05:04:32 pm »
class act. loved him so far.

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: October 5, 2013, 05:06:42 pm »
Another good game. Keep them coming!
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #1017 on: October 5, 2013, 05:09:26 pm »
Fantastic again. Will be surprised if he doesn't start for France.

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #1018 on: October 5, 2013, 05:09:37 pm »
That feels so good to have such a physical presence at the back. He is big, he is strong, he is no slow either, and is an absolute beast in the air.
Great game today from him, and I can't choose between him and Hendo for MOTM.
Keep it up lad !

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: October 5, 2013, 05:10:40 pm »
I'd be livid if he doesn't start for my country considering the quality of the defenders we have.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: October 5, 2013, 05:11:57 pm »
Very good game today.  He needs to keep improving though.  The competition at CB now is fierce.

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: October 5, 2013, 05:12:09 pm »
Who else are they gonna pick?

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: October 5, 2013, 05:13:33 pm »
I'd be livid if he doesn't start for my country considering the quality of the defenders we have.

Should be Sakho and Varane, no?

Great performance today and I don't think his being left footed will keep Brendan from pairing him with Agger should 4 at the back be needed going forward.

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: October 5, 2013, 05:14:36 pm »
Who else are they gonna pick?
The CBs that have been picked by Deschamps are : Abidal (now plays CB for Monaco), Koscielny, Sakho, Varane. Sakho has a real chance to play IMO.

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #1024 on: October 5, 2013, 05:15:10 pm »
Think he was immense. Such power, never see this from Skrtel and Agger nowadays.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: October 5, 2013, 05:15:42 pm »
Utter class. I like how he's confident at playing those balls through the lines. And he was aggressive at pushing into midfield at times, something I've mentioned one of our CBs need to do at times. Such a great signing so far.

I hope to see him and Toure at the heart of this defence all season - we'll be solid. Toure as well, was utter class today. They both have that air of confidence when defending, something I don't think we've had so much recently - it gave way to the defensive jitters and tentativeness since Rafa left, but these 2 have been great. Toure's important I think - he's the organiser. Sakho needs that direction for now, because he's still finding his feet in the league and team. And Skrtel always did look better when he had that organiser next to him.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #1026 on: October 5, 2013, 05:18:19 pm »
Loved the way the midfielders were pointing at him to play it back to Mignolet he just said fuck it and kept placing perfect passes forwards.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline LoubySoho

• Main Stander
« Reply #1027 on: October 5, 2013, 05:19:12 pm »
I think that we'll see Sakho and Agger at cb as soon as Johnson gets back. I think it will work it doesn't matter that they are both left footed

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: October 5, 2013, 05:19:32 pm »

His aerial ability is OUTSTANDING, and his technique / passing is superb, he'll keep on getting better I think- £15M very well spent  :wellin

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: October 5, 2013, 05:19:45 pm »
B-E-A-S-T
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: October 5, 2013, 05:20:33 pm »
Utter class. I like how he's confident at playing those balls through the lines. And he was aggressive at pushing into midfield at times, something I've mentioned one of our CBs need to do at times. Such a great signing so far.

I hope to see him and Toure at the heart of this defence all season - we'll be solid. Toure as well, was utter class today. They both have that air of confidence when defending, something I don't think we've had so much recently - it gave way to the defensive jitters and tentativeness since Rafa left, but these 2 have been great. Toure's important I think - he's the organiser. Sakho needs that direction for now, because he's still finding his feet in the league and team. And Skrtel always did look better when he had that organiser next to him.
Completely agree with you.

Sakho has been brilliant and will get better.

Toure though would be first on the defenders team list for me.....so important we have him out there.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: October 5, 2013, 05:22:36 pm »
Its no surprise we conceded after he went off.  Was brilliant once again today.  Would love to see his stats from today's game, he seemed to win everything once again.

Offline enigma

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1032 on: October 5, 2013, 05:22:43 pm »
The CBs that have been picked by Deschamps are : Abidal (now plays CB for Monaco), Koscielny, Sakho, Varane. Sakho has a real chance to play IMO.

Looks a player we've been missing for a while.  Him and Toure have been very impressive with Cissohko to come back in.  Maybe need something in the midfield, but the team looks more than promising. Credit to Rodgers for the signings so far, think most have definitely improved us.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #1033 on: October 5, 2013, 05:23:23 pm »
Why did he come off? Due a rest?

Not long after he was gone we conceded through the air.

'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: October 5, 2013, 05:25:12 pm »
I think that we'll see Sakho and Agger at cb as soon as Johnson gets back. I think it will work it doesn't matter that they are both left footed

Absolutely no way Toure gets dropped. Sakho and Skrtel have done great lately. But I think Toure's been the reason. Having that experience in the middle of defence is key - and the lad's class as well obviously.

If it's a 2 man CB, then Toure and Sakho is a no brainer. 3 man defence, and it's a question but only when you think about Agger or Skrtel. Sakho and Toure have added qualities into the defence that we haven't had for years. And they're playing better and better as a unit each game. No need to change that.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline iRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1035 on: October 5, 2013, 05:25:15 pm »
Man of the match, for me.  Along with Moses.

Undroppable, even for Agger.  Sakho is incredible.

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: October 5, 2013, 05:25:39 pm »

I think it had to do with not wanting to send Agger out to international duty not having played.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #1037 on: October 5, 2013, 05:25:41 pm »

Probably to get him that standing ovation would do him a world of good that.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1038 on: October 5, 2013, 05:27:02 pm »
He was excellent.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #1039 on: October 5, 2013, 05:28:13 pm »
Great game today. His first half especially, he was simply brilliant.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!