Author Topic: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho  (Read 308504 times)

Offline KMiltz7

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho
« Reply #2120 on: December 8, 2013, 09:29:33 pm »
As to be seen in his two and a half games for us so far.. ::)

He's played 8 matches for us and has been pretty good in aerial duels in those appearances but ok.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2121 on: December 8, 2013, 09:33:47 pm »
He's just so fucking boss he's unreal.

Should start every game.

Offline Dingle Red

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in the red and white kop
« Reply #2122 on: December 8, 2013, 09:34:48 pm »
What's his middle name, i wonder?  :-X
Moyes

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2123 on: December 8, 2013, 09:42:29 pm »
There's just something about him that's immensely likeable. Not just the fact that he's clearly talented or has performed well for us so far or his extreme confidence (that flick on his debut around the edge of our box) but something I can't quite put my finger on.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2124 on: December 8, 2013, 11:50:39 pm »
Not in this one. He had too much time for this cross, again sloppy overall defending in terms of getting behind the ball and positioning from the full backs and holding midfield..

Ah, I was talking about Sakho and Agger's part in the goals, not the others.

Offline gooner1

• intelligence0
  • Kopite
« Reply #2125 on: December 9, 2013, 01:02:23 am »
He's just so fucking boss he's unreal.

Should start every game.

Very good signing in my view.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2126 on: December 9, 2013, 02:41:28 am »
There's just something about him that's immensely likeable. Not just the fact that he's clearly talented or has performed well for us so far or his extreme confidence (that flick on his debut around the edge of our box) but something I can't quite put my finger on.

Do you think you might be attracted to him?
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #2127 on: December 9, 2013, 08:11:37 am »
Thought he was immense yesterday.
English breakfasts.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #2128 on: December 9, 2013, 10:08:28 am »
You mean you're aren't supposed to be?  ???
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2129 on: December 9, 2013, 01:41:12 pm »

No. I'm just a fan. Like Jed Maxwell or Uruguayan36.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2130 on: December 9, 2013, 01:51:29 pm »

Personally, I think it's because we know he was a loyal player to PSG and wore his heart on his sleeve about that. Similarly, I can imagine him being the same with Liverpool if he was to stay for 5-ish years.

At the same time it's saddening Agger is having such a bad run of form, he's another player that is just instantly likeable.
YNWA.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2131 on: December 9, 2013, 01:51:45 pm »
Not a lot. Both were difficult to cut out in my opinion. Sometimes you have to give credit to the fella who crossed it.
Both were good crosses, both were good headers. Maybe Skrtel could have reached the one v West Ham, but defenders aren't always at fault if attacking play is good. Maiga's header was decent and produced a top save from Mignolet, and Johnson's was genuinely excellent technically and unsaveable but was largely ignored and buried by several other brilliant strikes on the night.

Defenders are going to get beaten, it's about minimising the risk and the times when it happens. They did that well as (respective) pairings against Norwich and against West Ham.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline TXRed

• Anny Roader
  • Just a Bible-thumpin' Liverpool-lovin' Yank
« Reply #2132 on: December 9, 2013, 06:27:26 pm »
Agger got torn to shreds for "allowing" that header vs. Norwich while Sakho generally gets a pass because Mignolet was able to save Maiga's on Saturday. I thought Sakho was great against WHU, just find it interesting about who gets criticized and who doesn't, and I wonder would it be different had Mig not gotten a hand on that header.

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2133 on: December 9, 2013, 06:41:23 pm »
I would say a bit awkward  bbut very effective , thats how I see him. A good signing.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2134 on: December 9, 2013, 06:44:25 pm »
His dancing queue the Matuidi/Sakho France qualifying gif...
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2135 on: December 9, 2013, 07:17:11 pm »
Sakho is a beautiful man  ;D

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2136 on: December 9, 2013, 07:20:35 pm »
Agger got torn to shreds for "allowing" that header vs. Norwich while Sakho generally gets a pass because Mignolet was able to save Maiga's on Saturday. I thought Sakho was great against WHU, just find it interesting about who gets criticized and who doesn't, and I wonder would it be different had Mig not gotten a hand on that header.

Sakho was at least touch tight and challenging. Agger wasn't.

Offline csgreen

• Going through RAWK like a dose of Verucca Salts
  • Anny Roader
  • Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red.
« Reply #2137 on: December 9, 2013, 07:26:08 pm »
He looks like he might be an excellent player for Liverpool. In fairness though I'd like someone to explain to me the difference between Sakho's failure to cut out that cross from the left and Agger's identical failure v Norwich.

It seems like a pretty simple case of confirmation bias.  Or were you looking for something rational?  Because you've come to the wrong forum if you're looking for that...  ;)

In both cases our FBs gave the crosser loads of time and space, the forward made a good run against a CB that initially had to worry about defending both the near and back post, the forward beat the defender to the spot and put a good head on the ball.  There is no difference. 

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2138 on: December 9, 2013, 07:27:05 pm »
He looks like he might be an excellent player for Liverpool. In fairness though I'd like someone to explain to me the difference between Sakho's failure to cut out that cross from the left and Agger's identical failure v Norwich.

One was saved by Mignolet and one wasn't.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2139 on: December 9, 2013, 07:28:02 pm »
What's his middle name,beast?
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2140 on: December 9, 2013, 07:29:20 pm »
what's his middle name, beast?

Papa-Lazarou
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2141 on: December 9, 2013, 07:35:13 pm »
Sakho was at least touch tight and challenging. Agger wasn't.

Oh that's ok then. Bloke got a clean and powerful header but at least our fella got a better view.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2142 on: December 9, 2013, 07:36:09 pm »
One was saved by Mignolet and one wasn't.

Is the correct answer!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2143 on: December 9, 2013, 07:52:46 pm »
Difference is Agger time and again loses his aerial battles. Sakho might lose the odd duel.

Agger won every other aerial duel that day.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2144 on: December 9, 2013, 07:55:43 pm »
Agger won every other aerial duel that day.
But the one that mattered......
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2145 on: December 9, 2013, 07:55:59 pm »
Sahko was named player of the week by Squawka...a stats based website. Not a huge honour by any stretch but says something that his stats are holding up against everyone else in the league.

And yes, very likeable guy and very good.

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2146 on: December 9, 2013, 07:58:01 pm »

Touche.....but I've seen so much talk of his inability to handle aerial duels in the last few weeks and talk of him being in "poor form" etc. I think he's played very well lately. He just lost a very tough header that ended up in the back of the net and got all the blame...

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2147 on: December 9, 2013, 07:58:15 pm »

Because all the headers he won were pointless right? None of them mattered?  And the proof? The proof is that they didn't lead to goals for Norwich ;D

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2148 on: December 9, 2013, 08:35:38 pm »
Where is French36, I wanna know what he eats for breakfast.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2149 on: December 10, 2013, 01:29:19 am »
Le Mátè

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2150 on: December 10, 2013, 03:10:44 am »
If you're talking about the goal conceded against WHU, it's down to Skrtel's error. I've said it in a different thread and I've watched that goal a few times. Maiaga wasn't even attacking the ball. Had Skrtel attempted to head the ball instead of trying to reach it with his boot, there won't be a goal. If Maiaga had attacked the ball more fiercely, Skrtel would have connected his boot to Maiaga's head and that would be a stonewall penalty. It came down to Skrtel's dangerous play.

So far, Sakho has done very little wrong in the games he's played. Colossal player.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2151 on: December 10, 2013, 04:24:27 am »
If you're talking about the goal conceded against WHU, it's down to Skrtel's error. I've said it in a different thread and I've watched that goal a few times. Maiaga wasn't even attacking the ball. Had Skrtel attempted to head the ball instead of trying to reach it with his boot, there won't be a goal. If Maiaga had attacked the ball more fiercely, Skrtel would have connected his boot to Maiaga's head and that would be a stonewall penalty. It came down to Skrtel's dangerous play.

So far, Sakho has done very little wrong in the games he's played. Colossal player.

Johnson first, then Skrtel. Skrtel was turned away from the goal as the ball was headed across. He has to react quickly, and as you say, he should have headed the ball rather than stick a foot out. But Johnson was just as much at fault for leaving Jarvis to have a free header.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2152 on: December 10, 2013, 08:23:33 am »
Oh that's ok then. Bloke got a clean and powerful header but at least our fella got a better view.

Obviously he still should have won the header but at least he was in a position to do so.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2153 on: December 10, 2013, 08:39:58 pm »
I think we need to give this lad a run of games now. He brings aggression and pace that we need desperately and needs games.

It's difficult because it marginalises Agger but maybe just maybe it's time we looked to cash in there.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2154 on: December 10, 2013, 08:41:39 pm »

Strikers.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2157 on: December 10, 2013, 09:49:32 pm »
Yep good lad.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2158 on: December 10, 2013, 09:50:10 pm »
there is something about him realy, top class player for us hopefully for years to come.. love his style of play.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2159 on: December 10, 2013, 10:31:14 pm »
We should rename him Sharko - that would be bad ass.