Author Topic: League Cup R3 - Man United v Liverpool - Wed 25/9 - 19.45  (Read 86417 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: C1Cup R3 - Man United v Liverpool - Wed 25/9 - 19.45
« Reply #560 on: September 24, 2013, 12:04:12 pm »
Madness in here.

Utd will be desperate to win, to break the narrative, Moyes doesn't rotate normally but against us? No chance.

Plus they know as well as we do, it's their (our our) best chance of a trophy this season.

Send your finest warriors Brendan and twat the fuckers.

Would the finest warirors be the one's who since the swansea game had monday night till saturday afternoon to prepare and looked absolutely fucking exhausted, you want those same ones to play? Yet this time they would of only had from, saturday evening till wednesday night? If they can't have energy to get about with 4/5 days rest, how are they gonna do it with 3-4?

Those who looked shagged on saturday, i can;t understand where there suddenly gonna get fit as a fiddle from.

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: September 24, 2013, 12:06:19 pm »
Madness in here.

Utd will be desperate to win, to break the narrative, Moyes doesn't rotate normally but against us? No chance.

Plus they know as well as we do, it's their (our our) best chance of a trophy this season.

I do not wear baggy trousers.

Yes anyone not up for the fight, please leave the building.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: September 24, 2013, 12:10:10 pm »
Same old debate here isn't it:

Play the first team and take a hammering if we don't win the following league game

Play the second string and be accused of not wanting to win trophies.

Rock and a hard place.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: September 24, 2013, 12:18:08 pm »
Same old debate here isn't it:

Play the first team and take a hammering if we don't win the following league game

Play the second string and be accused of not wanting to win trophies.

Rock and a hard place.

Just play the the players who are in the best shape. Would like to see Sakho and Toure as centre backs for this one, think Agger could do with a game or two on the sidelines to show him he isnt definitely number one centre back.

The script is written for Suarez here, though. We can play shite all game but this little magician could pop up and score a few.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: September 24, 2013, 12:19:50 pm »
Anyone wanting, or hoping Gerrard starts in this game needs their heads and waters testing.

If Rodgers starts him, then he loses a full mark off his overall tenure score.

(he's currently on 7.5/10)

Wtf?  :lmao

Offline Scouse-Lad-Lfc

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #565 on: September 24, 2013, 12:35:28 pm »
I would rest Sturridge for this game and start Suarez with Moses and Sterling either side, Gerrard and Lucas sitting (if Allens not fit) and Alberto ahead of them with Henderson right back, Toure and Sahko center back and Enrique on the left. Have Sturridge on the bench and bring him on last twenty if needed but I thought he was a spent force against Southampton, the lad needs a break.
"Who's bigger than Liverpool"

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: September 24, 2013, 12:43:16 pm »
The Moyes factor might come into it. Bound to be nervy after the City mauling, keep them at bay till half time, fans getting nervy as well...few mutterings.

Is it a good time to play them, might be a backlash.

Think they look weaker, said this early on. Defence, Ferdi,33 ish I think, Vidic 30+, Evra 32 ish...not young is it. Can Sterling exploit their lack of pace, mayby a good sub after 70 mins or so.

Thought United  a bit slow on the Ozil front, sly fox Wenger was watching the Bale move to go thru then he pounced.

Exrtra time for me...we nick it on Penalties...not good for our apparent low oxygen levels...so hope it doesn't go that far

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: September 24, 2013, 12:47:37 pm »
I would rest Sturridge for this game and start Suarez with Moses and Sterling either side, Gerrard and Lucas sitting (if Allens not fit) and Alberto ahead of them with Henderson right back, Toure and Sahko center back and Enrique on the left. Have Sturridge on the bench and bring him on last twenty if needed but I thought he was a spent force against Southampton, the lad needs a break.

It might be better for Sturridge to have the night off, might get more of a serious knock if he needs the rest into his calf or thigh muscels, just play Suarez up top, keep it tight, go for a shut out and nick one.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: September 24, 2013, 01:06:28 pm »
Thank fuck most of you arent manager of this club, never read so much shite on here, play the strongest possible side tomorrow night end of
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: September 24, 2013, 01:12:35 pm »
Madness in here.

I know, just bumped into Suggsy, going to reform as Middleaged & sensible...should be a riot..

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #570 on: September 24, 2013, 01:35:23 pm »
Thank fuck most of you arent manager of this club, never read so much shite on here, play the strongest possible side tomorrow night end of

Is right.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #571 on: September 24, 2013, 01:39:50 pm »
Yes but our strongest possible line up is definitely up for debate...

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2013, 01:46:40 pm »
With reports of RVP out, that's a weakened side.

Go guns a blazing with all healthy players (don't play DS full match), and don't be so damned tentative.
A really aggressive effort, get on them proper and let the doubt (which appears lingering) set into them for a change.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2013, 01:46:59 pm »
yes in football managers playthings of the week, you carry on fuck me what would you lot do without the internet
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Kop10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: September 24, 2013, 02:06:30 pm »
This cup might just be our best route into Europe. I'd take it seriously.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too. One year we came second." - Bob Paisley

Offline redjed1

• Kopite
« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2013, 02:21:29 pm »
Have we any full-backs available yet? If not, do you reckon BR will play 3 at the back and two wing-backs.
I think Lucas and SG will play the holding role, leaving a front 3 / 4 from Suarez, Sturridge, Moses, Henderson, Aspas and Sterling.
I think he'll go with wing-backs with a front 3 of Suarez behind Moses and Aspas. Resting Sturridge for Sunday.

Unless we have Morgan patrolling across the half-way line.  :)

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: September 24, 2013, 02:21:48 pm »
Did say, as did others, we'll miss Carra not just as a player but also as leader on the pitch. Cajoling, barking out instructions keeping everyone on their toes, organising, endless list. I mean yer can't buy that sort of expertise..well yer can but it costs a shed load.

Now he has to stand next to Rat boy and his ever expanding girth....I don't know how he does it...swear Rat boy has got a bag of jam doughnuts behind his back.

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: September 24, 2013, 02:28:25 pm »
Have we any full-backs available yet? If not, do you reckon BR will play 3 at the back and two wing-backs.
I think Lucas and SG will play the holding role, leaving a front 3 / 4 from Suarez, Sturridge, Moses, Henderson, Aspas and Sterling.
I think he'll go with wing-backs with a front 3 of Suarez behind Moses and Aspas. Resting Sturridge for Sunday.

Unless we have Morgan patrolling across the half-way line.  :)

Yeah well..

Rodgers team talk..."Suarez up front everybody else stay behind him, look busy make yourself useful...Lu..dentures out and shake Patrice by the neck this time ".

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2013, 02:41:50 pm »

Mignolet
Kelly Toure Sakho Enrique
Henderson Lucas Gerrard
Suarez Sturridge Moses

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #580 on: September 24, 2013, 02:44:53 pm »

Mignolet
Henderson Lucas Gerrard
Suarez Sturridge Moses

Fitness concerns aside, that's a pretty handy team.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #581 on: September 24, 2013, 02:46:19 pm »
So Van Persie is definitely out then according to Sky.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #582 on: September 24, 2013, 02:53:01 pm »
Win this competition and we get into the Europa League.

From next season the winners of the Europa League get a Champions League place.

Therefore this competition is not irrelevant at all. Lets fucking win it.

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: September 24, 2013, 02:58:18 pm »

Mignolet
Henderson Lucas Gerrard
Suarez Sturridge Moses

bib theory???

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #584 on: September 24, 2013, 03:02:05 pm »
Win this competition and we get into the Europa League.

From next season the winners of the Europa League get a Champions League place.

Therefore this competition is not irrelevant at all. Lets fucking win it.

Is right.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #585 on: September 24, 2013, 03:06:51 pm »
I'm all for playing the strongest team but Sturridge has literally been running on fumes the last few games. I'd swap Sakho for Enrique, Sturridge for Suarez and Skrtel for Kelly/Flanagan/Wisdom and move Kolo into Centre Half.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #586 on: September 24, 2013, 03:07:22 pm »
Our club exists to win trophies does it not?  I know there is emphasis on finishing in the top 4, but we can do both can't we?

I can't stand all this nonsense that we should "rest" players because we have Sunderland in 4 days and all this and that. 

We are playing United at Old Trafford in a cup competiton.  We should pick our strongest available team and go out and twat them.

I want to win this cup.  We've won this trophy 8 times, I will NEVER grow tired of seeing a Liverpool captain lifting a major trophy, and I want to see us lift it again!

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: September 24, 2013, 03:10:38 pm »
            Mignolet
Hendo Lucas Gerrard Moses
            Suarez
            Sturridge

Good team although I think it'll sadly look more like that on the field
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: September 24, 2013, 03:18:27 pm »
LFC Provisional squad: Mignolet, Wisdom, Kelly, Toure, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Moses, Suarez, Sturridge, Jones, Sakho, Allen, Alberto, Sterling, Aspas, Ibe.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: September 24, 2013, 03:18:47 pm »
I'm all for playing the strongest team but Sturridge has literally been running on fumes the last few games.

Alright Jamie?

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: September 24, 2013, 03:26:51 pm »
LFC Provisional squad: Mignolet, Wisdom, Kelly, Toure, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Moses, Suarez, Sturridge, Jones, Sakho, Allen, Alberto, Sterling, Aspas, Ibe.
No Ilori then? Shame that.

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #591 on: September 24, 2013, 03:28:23 pm »
Our club exists to win trophies does it not?  I know there is emphasis on finishing in the top 4, but we can do both can't we?

I can't stand all this nonsense that we should "rest" players because we have Sunderland in 4 days and all this and that. 

We are playing United at Old Trafford in a cup competiton.  We should pick our strongest available team and go out and twat them.

I want to win this cup.  We've won this trophy 8 times, I will NEVER grow tired of seeing a Liverpool captain lifting a major trophy, and I want to see us lift it again!

I agree with everything. But the thing is this trophy is not considered as major one by some people.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: September 24, 2013, 03:29:59 pm »
So after 5 games league games our club of professional athletes are all "shagged/running on fumes etc."  load of bollocks, people love using the excuse that our players always look knackered. No excuse to not sending a near full strength 1st XI out.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:32:14 pm by Bunter »

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: September 24, 2013, 03:30:18 pm »
Good team although I think it'll sadly look more like that on the field

Really doubt that

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #594 on: September 24, 2013, 03:36:58 pm »
Start with Suarez, rest Sturridge, play the strongest team available in all other positions.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: September 24, 2013, 03:39:18 pm »
So after 5 games league games our club of professional athletes are all "shagged/running on fumes etc."  load of bollocks, people love using the excuse that our players always look knackered. No excuse to not sending a near full strength 1st XI out.

I dont think its an excuse, its a legitimate reason surely? Unless they have just been faking tiredness, which would be bizzare.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #596 on: September 24, 2013, 03:43:16 pm »

Sunderland game to one side. What if some players just need a rest cos they're fucked? Keep working them into the ground and we'll end up with long term injuries to our better players.
And surely a fit and raring to go, Joe Allen is better than a fucked Gerrard? Seems to me that the last two games have highlighted that clearly!

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: September 24, 2013, 03:49:06 pm »
I dont think its an excuse, its a legitimate reason surely? Unless they have just been faking tiredness, which would be bizzare.

I don't buy this 'tired' excuse. Are they tired rr are we just being outplayed for vast majorities of games? Doesn't matter how fit you are if you don't have any of the football for long periods you're going to get physically and mentally fatigued.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: September 24, 2013, 03:51:28 pm »
So Van Persie is definitely out then according to Sky.

Is that out as in

A) deffo injured, won't play

or

out as in

B) "Ferguson out" whereby the player miraculously appears in the starting lineup?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: September 24, 2013, 03:55:01 pm »
vanpee out

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/van-persie-to-miss-liverpool-match-1.1538380

Manchester United manager David Moyes has confirmed Robin van Persie will miss tomorrow’s Capital One Cup third-round tie with Liverpool.
Van Persie sat out Sunday’s 4-1 defeat at Manchester City with a groin injury.
And Moyes does not expect to have the Dutchman available until this weekend’s Premier League encounter with West Brom at the earliest. “I don’t think he will play tomorrow. He will have an outside chance for Saturday.”
bollocks