Author Topic: League Cup R3 - Man United v Liverpool - Wed 25/9 - 19.45  (Read 86475 times)

Offline BigDonga

• Serial Avatar Perv who digs blue chicks with tails
  • Kopite
Re: C1Cup R3 - Man United v Liverpool - Wed 25/9 - 19.45
« Reply #680 on: September 25, 2013, 08:01:06 am »
I expect him to start, but if he does I doubt he'll see out the game.

Doesn't worry me at all whether he plays the first hour or so or the last 30 or so minutes.
Rafa tried to buy everyone.  :)
In fact, Rafa spotted Messi as a dollop of sperm but couldn't get the money from H+G.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #681 on: September 25, 2013, 08:14:52 am »
I'd be absolutely stunned if he didn't start

Offline Jiff_LFC7

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #682 on: September 25, 2013, 08:28:35 am »
I think this team will put up a good challenge to Manure united

Mignolet

Toure      Skrtel           Sakho        Jose

Lucas                      Gerrard

Moses                                              Sterling

Suarez

Sturridge

Bench: Kelly, Wisdom, Jones, Rossiter, Ibe, Alberto, Allen

Let aspas go on holiday and come back knowing how to hold the ball not just throw into random areas in 1 sec like Big Andy.
Young, Nani, Valencia will bully wisdom.. So I will put him on bench.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:35:56 am by Jiff_LFC7 »

Offline Acapulco

• Main Stander
« Reply #683 on: September 25, 2013, 08:33:58 am »
Marc albrighton is available for free next season

Just heard from Rory smith twitter

Sadly Marc is a soul that seems to have lost his way. Has been injured but seemed to go downhill when he got his contract. I understand from people that know him that he spends to much time in the boozer.
Couple of seasons ago I was hoping we would get him as he looked a great prospect.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #684 on: September 25, 2013, 08:38:52 am »
Van Persie ruled out tonight according to Moyes..... expect to see him on the teams sheet then ;)

You've got to say that there's so much pressure on Moyes at the moment... does he stick to the United mantra of playing kids in this competition? At the same time he desperately needs a win and knows that Liverpool are going to put out a strong 11. Also under pressure to shack up his first 11.

Can't wait to see Luis back!
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: September 25, 2013, 08:57:20 am »
I'd be absolutely stunned if he didn't start

Yes so would I, Suarez won't be to pleased as well.

I would rest Sturridge so front 6 looks like this...Lucas,Gerrard,Hendo,Alberto,Moses,Suarez.

But just points out how baldy the squad is, defense we have some options but the front 6 options are very limited.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #686 on: September 25, 2013, 08:58:52 am »
I am not nervous about this one. Could go either way. For me, it is more important we beat Sunderland on the weekend, the top four is up for grabs at the moment and we must get points in the bank.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #687 on: September 25, 2013, 09:01:01 am »
Yeah I doubt Sturridge will be starting aswell he needs break

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #688 on: September 25, 2013, 09:03:34 am »
I am not nervous about this one. Could go either way. For me, it is more important we beat Sunderland on the weekend, the top four is up for grabs at the moment and we must get points in the bank.

Agree on this one... but there's also the part of me that would like to kick United whilst they are down!! They've done it to us enough.

Sunderland more important though. Hopefully get at them before they have the new manager rejuvenation!
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: September 25, 2013, 09:04:40 am »

I think the cups are very important this season. If, as most suspect, we are out of real contention come January we will need the cups to keep moral/interest,revenue going.

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: September 25, 2013, 09:08:10 am »
Louis has played a couple of full games at international level and done really well. Plus a couple of games behind closed doors!!

We have a 50 million plus striker coming into the team at the end of September refreshed...let the good times roll!!
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #691 on: September 25, 2013, 09:10:34 am »
So excited now! Think we have a massive chance to win here with the unbelievable pressure on Moyes and no Van Pussy taking it's toll. Would love to see the Suarez dive celebration done at Old Trafford tonight, think I'd laugh for the rest of the week if that happened, COME ON YOU REDMEN!

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #692 on: September 25, 2013, 09:19:18 am »
Yes so would I, Suarez won't be to pleased as well.

I would rest Sturridge so front 6 looks like this...Lucas,Gerrard,Hendo,Alberto,Moses,Suarez.

But just points out how baldy the squad is, defense we have some options but the front 6 options are very limited.

Obviously would love to see more quality but we are making progress - What would the front 6 of looked like 12-months ago. You'd be picking a team from:

Gerard and Suarez like this year and then 4 from:

Shelvey
Sahin
Henderson (pre-rejuvenation)
Lucas (injured in 1H)
Sterling
Suso (having played a handful of games)
Allen
Assaidi

I think we're in a better place myself

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
Re: League Cup R3 - Man United v Liverpool - Wed 25/9 - 19.45
« Reply #693 on: September 25, 2013, 09:22:01 am »
Surely Gerrard has to be rested tonight.  I know it's United but still.  How are we managing his season if he is playing every single game and internationals?

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: September 25, 2013, 09:23:46 am »
Surely Gerrard has to be rested tonight.  I know it's United but still.  How are we managing his season if he is playing every single game and internationals?

By his training schedule I would assume.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: September 25, 2013, 09:38:27 am »
Louis has played a couple of full games at international level and done really well. Plus a couple of games behind closed doors!!

We have a 50 million plus striker coming into the team at the end of September refreshed...let the good times roll!!

That's a fair point. We've made a good start and now we have Luis coming back. Could be the FA have done us a favour.

Never know what motivates Suarez but if you read the piece in the Luis Suarez- my flawed hero thread from the book by Ann Laura Lissardy, we begin to realise that Suarez needs something to motivate him.

Could be any number of things that spark the boy.

One things for sure, if he takes it by the scruff and wins it single handed the media's obssession with him (mostly negative) will continue and the hunting pack ( Arsenal etc) will pick up the scent and start tracking the boy again.

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #696 on: September 25, 2013, 09:43:31 am »

No Europe.

If we go out tonight, then there's less games to worry about there. Would you prefer that?

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #697 on: September 25, 2013, 09:53:54 am »
Good luck anyone telling Gerrard he's not starting tonight. Brendan will go for this, hopefully see Alberto at some point

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: September 25, 2013, 09:58:27 am »
Foe a league cup game, this is boiling up nicely..

Both sets of fans getting steamed up, could do with Rodgers putting in a sly dig at Gollum.

Fergie would have tried to stir things up a bit by now. It's all looking a bit to tame between the managers.

Could say to Gollum...Whats it like, now that you are finally at a big club?

Or did Moyes say to the United fans..."I'm going to put into practice things I learned at Goodison...how to lose with dignity"

Or " This club has won many things in the past, things won't change now that I'm here...our past will still be our future..let the mediocre times roll "

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #699 on: September 25, 2013, 10:00:41 am »

Lets get the ball in the back of the net a few times and then look to take him off - same on Saturday

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #700 on: September 25, 2013, 10:30:20 am »
this please..

Offline CityBlue

• Kemlynite
  • We're Not Really Here!
« Reply #701 on: September 25, 2013, 10:36:45 am »
Why would you want to "rest" Gerrard at this point of the season? It's not like it's February...that's the point of the season players wake up knackered every morning.

A professional footballer will be able to cope with playing just 1 week with 3 games only six games into the season. Not like they're doing it every week.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #702 on: September 25, 2013, 10:37:42 am »
this please..

Legend. Can't wait to see him tonight

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #703 on: September 25, 2013, 10:39:07 am »
Why would you want to "rest" Gerrard at this point of the season? It's not like it's February...that's the point of the season players wake up knackered every morning.

A professional footballer will be able to cope with playing just 1 week with 3 games only six games into the season. Not like they're doing it every week.

Judging on their performances, there is something not quite right with the players fitness. Given that, resting a player becomes a serious consideration. You would not ordinarily rest them in September, but it does not appear to be ordinary times.

Offline LFC_Mick

• Main Stander
« Reply #704 on: September 25, 2013, 10:43:39 am »
Love to see this tonight

Mignolet
Wisdom  Toure  Sakho  Enrique

Lucas     Allen

Alberto

Sterling   Suarez   Aspas/Moses

Having the energy of Hendo on the bench would be uselful along with Sturridge and Gerrard

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: September 25, 2013, 10:45:03 am »
always been so hard to get one over them lot in their place, alot depends on the ref, we've seen so many soft decisions in ig games go against us there, Agger peno couple of year back springs to mind in the FA cup.....just hope we turn up tonight without any fear cause we have gone there too many times beaten before even stated the game

Offline fowler9_god

• Kopite
  • And could he play!
« Reply #706 on: September 25, 2013, 10:46:47 am »
Judging on their performances, there is something not quite right with the players fitness. Given that, resting a player becomes a serious consideration. You would not ordinarily rest them in September, but it does not appear to be ordinary times.

Yeah, Sturridge need a break too. He is ragged. Lucas as well. This thin squad is killing us at the moment and its only September!
Justice for the 96

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: September 25, 2013, 10:47:23 am »
Massive game tonight.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: September 25, 2013, 10:49:37 am »
Would love to be in there with the thousands of the travelling Kop, give the lot boys, open those mouths and sing the songs, all i want to hear is redmen singing, get right into them from the first whistle and put them on the back foot Luis to bag a hat trick
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #709 on: September 25, 2013, 10:57:03 am »
I would play as many young scouse lads as possible tonight.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: September 25, 2013, 11:00:28 am »
Cant wait for tonight now. As their situation is at the minute i cant see a better time for us to grab a win at their place and get the media further up Golums back.

All these questions of strong or weak teams shouldn't be asked, we were all shown Rodgers intentions in the Cup this season by the Notts Co game at home where we fielded a very strong first 11. I can see it being no different this time given who our opponents are.

Can see us nicking this one 1-0.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:02:25 am by 'Mondzz' »
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: September 25, 2013, 11:01:08 am »
Going into this game at Old Trafford I've genuinely never felt more confident, if Liverpool turn up today and not Liverpool we could really smash them, they are going to be nervous aren't they, just been smashed 4-1 by their neighbours, already been beaten by us once this year. Hopefully that plays into our hands.

I'm going for Utd 0-2 Liverpool

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #712 on: September 25, 2013, 11:11:31 am »
Is Allen even fit? Head nothing on him at all.
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline CityBlue

• Kemlynite
  • We're Not Really Here!
« Reply #713 on: September 25, 2013, 11:22:58 am »
Going into this game at Old Trafford I've genuinely never felt more confident, if Liverpool turn up today and not Liverpool we could really smash them, they are going to be nervous aren't they, just been smashed 4-1 by their neighbours, already been beaten by us once this year. Hopefully that plays into our hands.

I'm going for Utd 0-2 Liverpool
Provided you play a competitive team, as you should feel....The Manc players and staff are thinking in the back of their minds about how hard they will be slaughtered by the English media if they lose to you after us.

Moyes knows he will be target numero uno, and imo that negative energy and or fear will be felt around the Manc's camp tonight, psychologically affecting their performance.

The OT crowd will also be nervous and anxious and that will also affect the United players.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:32:09 pm by SP »

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #714 on: September 25, 2013, 11:23:05 am »
Taking a half day today so i can head there early. cant fucking wait! Really looking forward to seeing Luis back in a red shirt. Come on Redmen lets twat these!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:27:42 am by flinner »
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #716 on: September 25, 2013, 11:26:19 am »
PMS starting to kick in
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: September 25, 2013, 12:01:54 pm »
As always, a quick visit to twitter reminds me of how much I hate some of the bastards that support this lot.

Really hope we put them out tonight.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: September 25, 2013, 12:03:05 pm »
Really nervous for this. Whilst both teams aren't playing well right now I can't help but think we're going to get the run around tonight and have to defend for almost the entire match. But at Anfield we showed we're capable of keeping them out. Just hoping we can nick another goal from somewhere.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline shizzledizzle

• Kopite
« Reply #719 on: September 25, 2013, 12:11:47 pm »
Ironically, after all the criticism of the way we played against Southampton we have to play with the same mentality, we need to grab a win this is not the league where we need points we need to qualify and on the way put a real dent in Man U's confidence, we should be very cautious trying to absorb their attacks whilst going effectively and rapidly, forward. I just hope we can gain our confidence back after our recent blow...