Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 54120 times)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Re: Anxiety
« Reply #80 on: November 8, 2013, 03:36:15 am »
It can happen mate, it can cause IBS or at least trigger it. I don't suffer that way personally but it does happen. If you wanted to talk privately mate don't hesitate to PM me if it would help :)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 8, 2013, 06:13:55 am »
Yeah I had IBS issues which have now gone since I've been able to manage my anxiety.

Maybe it was all in my mind, I know it kind of is anyway but you know what I mean.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #82 on: November 8, 2013, 11:31:02 am »
Yep, IBS was an issue for me with Anxiety. During an anxiety attack your brain and body are doing all sorts to prepare your body for a fight or flight response like halting digestion.

I guess the symptoms of IBS are so common with Anxiety because of the constant stress on the stomach and digestion?
« Last Edit: November 8, 2013, 12:21:14 pm by adam18 »
-YNWA-

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #83 on: November 8, 2013, 11:48:40 am »
I'm glad there's a thread on this and that others can be spoken to.

I also get bad anxiety from time to time, breathing and just concentrating on that tends to help me but I always seem to shoot myself in the foot.

Recently I got a Dog as I thought that would help me with you know, playing and making me happier in general, turns out she in mental and gives me constant anxiety, haven't slept properly in 5 days or so!

I also hate it as it impacts relationships badly, I havemn't told my recent girlfriend about it but at times I just can't feel comfortable because all these crazy scenarios run through my head.

It's mental as it's all in your head but essentially what your head tells you "is real" so it's a very horrible thing to have.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone, I wish I could get rid of it to be honest and like others have said, when you have a night on the ale for a birthday or whatever reason the next day is terrible, palpitations especially, feel like I could have a heart attack at any moment even though when I had tests I have a very healthy heart but it's still mind boggling.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #84 on: November 8, 2013, 12:27:11 pm »
I remember having a really troubling time towards the end of my course at University. Sleeping was such a fearful event because I would try to fall asleep and just as I would start to drift of to sleep, a massive state of panic would hit me and force me awake, and sometimes even force me to get out of bed with such a fear that I was dying. Every night was hell and the stress from it just made it worse and worse, the only way i would get sleep was from passing out of exhaustion. To this day I still have to fall asleep with my mind distracted on T.V until I pass out from tiredness because I'm terrified if I try to fall asleep without my mind distracted I fall back into that cycle! It got me hooked on sleeping pills and all sorts just to try and shut my mind off at night.

I feel for you big time on this as I'm on the same boat, I cannot fall asleep in pure silence anymore, I feel like I can hear my every single heart beat and it makes me freak out, telly has to be on or music.

Actually I read somewhere that in some Uni here theres a super quiet room that is so quiet you can hear your own blood circulating and apparently no one can stay in it longer than a few minutes as you literally go mental from hearing all that weird stuff inside of you.

Offline Seagull Dave

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: November 8, 2013, 04:20:20 pm »
Decided to come back to work early after being signed off for 2 months due to badly broken foot & ankle from which i got a deep vein thrombosis and a pulmanory embolism (blood clot on lung) and im currently sitting in driving myself mad thinking i cant breath and every little niggle of pain in my body is another clot!

didnt help that blood INR had dropped to 1.3 needs to be 2.5 on tuesday when i had it checked!

Minds working proper overtime right now!
JFT96 Dont Buy The Sun

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #86 on: November 8, 2013, 05:12:26 pm »
Decided to come back to work early after being signed off for 2 months due to badly broken foot & ankle from which i got a deep vein thrombosis and a pulmanory embolism (blood clot on lung) and im currently sitting in driving myself mad thinking i cant breath and every little niggle of pain in my body is another clot!

didnt help that blood INR had dropped to 1.3 needs to be 2.5 on tuesday when i had it checked!

Minds working proper overtime right now!

Feel for you mate. Sounds like you're having a bit of a tough time at the minute. Hope you manage to switch your brain into calm mode. :wave
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #87 on: November 9, 2013, 02:59:26 am »
Well I'm glad this thread isn't dead and that people are discussing their anxiety here. Hope everyone is coping well.  :wave

Anyway, I've been doing alright the past couple of months. Haven't had any attacks, and have kept my intake of benzidiazepines down to a minimum. Occasionally I do feel short of breath, but it usually goes away by itself and isn't anywhere near what it was a few months ago. However, I have been having trouble sleeping. I can't fall asleep before 4-5 am no matter what I've been doing the day before. My mind seems to race when I try to sleep and I feel all over the place. The only way I deal with it is by taking a sleeping pill (again some type of benzodiazepine) as nothing else I've tried works.

I did try a natural supplement for a few weeks that supports neurotransmitter health and supposedly eases anxiety. The reviews for it were wonderful, but I'm not quite sure if it was the reason why my anxity symptoms eased or if it just coincided with when I took more control of them, so I'll have to give it another go for longer this time before I can say for sure.

Offline AnfieldCat

• All Hail the Sworn Enemy of WoodisonDog!
  • Kopite
« Reply #88 on: November 9, 2013, 09:14:32 am »
This may sound like a strange question but does anyone else need a crap when they are having an anxiety attack? I almost always seen too!

Yes, its a big anxiety symptom, once during a CBT session I got given a handout of why our bodies get these symptoms during anxiety and that one was because we are trying to make ourselves lighter for the 'flight', sounds gross but the term 'shitting myself' when you are scared must have come from somewhere! ;D

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2013, 07:19:58 pm »
Fucker. I banged my head on a door earlier on and I've worried myself sick to the point of having a couple of attacks. I'm convinced I'll have some sort of hemorrhage and die. Fucking health anxiety.

Offline Seagull Dave

• Main Stander
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2013, 07:51:03 pm »
Feel for you mate. Sounds like you're having a bit of a tough time at the minute. Hope you manage to switch your brain into calm mode. :wave

I did thanks mate! Its been a bit of a nightmare recently yeah but most of the time im ok i get the odd attack but i can mostly control it.

JFT96 Dont Buy The Sun

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2013, 12:38:35 pm »
Fucker. I banged my head on a door earlier on and I've worried myself sick to the point of having a couple of attacks. I'm convinced I'll have some sort of hemorrhage and die. Fucking health anxiety.

Health anxiety is a fucking fucker.

I see you have posted today so I presume you were fine afterwards. :wave

Hope you managed to get them under control mate.
JFT96 - YNWA

Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2013, 01:23:34 pm »
Health anxiety is a fucking fucker.

I see you have posted today so I presume you were fine afterwards. :wave

Hope you managed to get them under control mate.

Thanks mate. Still had the headache and nausea when I woke up this morning, made a quick appointment with my GP ( I had to go and get a prescription for something else anyway so I wasn't wasting her time or anything). She told me as there is a lump there will be bleeding outside my brain but not in it. My senses are fine, I know who and where I am and I haven't collapsed, or actually vomited. She said I'll probably still feel like this for a few days, maybe lose appetite etc but generally, she doesn't think it's anything to worry about.
It hasn't stopped me from the morbid thoughts and I'm expecting to drop dead any second, but if my GP is wrong, I'll haunt her as a ghost anyway so there is some solace :D

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2013, 05:30:03 pm »
It's good to see people talking about this.  I lost my cousin (29) and  family friend (33) in close succession in the last 4 years.  I think that heightened an already keen anxiety to the point where I was really struggling.  Had several attacks.  One outside the gates at work where I felt like I was choking, so I drove home and went to bed.  But the attacks for me weren't as bad as the continual tiredness and aching from always being at a heightened state of alert.  I was so sick of feeling terrible all the time...  The doctor was telling me my symptoms (shortness of breath, dizziness, tiredness, aching limbs, no strength) were just anxiety, but off course I've read plenty of stories about people dismissed by the doctor that then turned out to be serious etc  In that time I had an ECG and paid privately for a ultrasound scan of my heart (both times everything was OK).  After about a year I was referred for CBT (Health anxiety) and had about 4 sessions, and the difference has been amazing.  I'm no longer dwelling on a single issue and over thinking all the permutations (?).  I recognise patterns in my thinking and know to distract myself to stop any anxiety building up.  And I'm enjoying life again.  I still have moments, but I know what they are, and the doctor was right, it was/is anxiety.

I read a couple of books as well - Change your thinking with CBT by Sarah Edelman and Self Help for your Nerves by Claire Weekes.  Both helped me massively.  The second one is old and out of date in parts, but some sections are fantastic. 

Good luck to anyone battling anxiety.

Oh, and reducing my caffeine intake helped a lot.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2013, 12:41:57 pm »
Just to add to that,

'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle was a great read for me when trying to deal with Anxiety.

Also this is very good and I would recommend it to anyone here suffering from Anxiety. Even the free advice and videos gave me enough to come at anxiety from a different angle and it really does work. Sign up and you get an email pretty much every day giving advice and tips on how to rid yourself of anxiety. It's simple yet effective and works contrary to most of the advice out there.

Panic Away
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:54:23 pm by adam18 »
-YNWA-

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2013, 10:07:25 pm »
I'm getting these daily now. Really need to see my doc. Don't want medication though.

Its really getting me down now. I'll be alright for a lot of the day then bang I'll get one and its triggered by the most simple things like when I was having a drink of water before I had a big swig putting my head back and obviously bringing my head forward just gave me a little dizziness or did it? I don't fucking know. I'm a fidgety bastard when I'm having one aswel I rub my hands in circles around my head don't know what that does like but I do it. I can't sit still because I can't feel anything, by that I can't feel my heartbeating in my chest. I know that you're not supposed too!

Fuck its horrible. Trying to calm myself by typing here.
JFT96 - YNWA

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2013, 10:30:28 am »
I'm getting these daily now. Really need to see my doc. Don't want medication though.

Its really getting me down now. I'll be alright for a lot of the day then bang I'll get one and its triggered by the most simple things like when I was having a drink of water before I had a big swig putting my head back and obviously bringing my head forward just gave me a little dizziness or did it? I don't fucking know. I'm a fidgety bastard when I'm having one aswel I rub my hands in circles around my head don't know what that does like but I do it. I can't sit still because I can't feel anything, by that I can't feel my heartbeating in my chest. I know that you're not supposed too!

(I have no medical or physiological background, but everything I'm saying Is coming from going through the same thing an passing on what helped me get through it)

The rubbing the hands sounds like you're 'coping mechanism' for the anxiety. I had a similar situation in which every time I stood up I would get such a light head near to the point I thought I was passing out that It would push me more and more into panic. My 'coping mechanism' was rubbing my ear lobe constantly, either during a panic attack or just when generally out in public when I started to feel anxious. Instead of trying to fight the anxiety I began to let the anxiety win, Instead of giving in to my coping patterns, trying to ignore or deal with the anxiety I began to ask myself for more (Got this technique from the link I posted above). Give yourself more anxiety, recognise it and keep telling yourself you want more. Do not fight it, welcome it and ask for more. You have to understand that anxiety WILL NOT KILL YOU. It is not dangerous. The next time you feel it coming on do not fight it or try to cope, want more and more, ask yourself for more no matter what. Once I began to do this, I felt in control again.

I went through therapy, CBT, medication all of that. But this technique worked for me and I hope you give it a go and it works for you.
This is a brief summary but I would recommend looking into it, Panic Away.

“observe, embrace and demand more,”

-YNWA-

Offline MONTREAL_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2013, 04:55:32 pm »

Know the feeling quite well, and have certainly had similar experiences of panic re the feeling of the heart beat, having to stop while drinking/eating, and other nonsensical moments of anxiety. 

Regarding the coping mechanisms, I've also had these, mine range from putting my hands on by back, to opening my mouth while trying to yawn and pacing about. Worst is when you catch yourself doing them and think everyone around you knows what's going on in your head.

Would certainly think about going to see the doctor and getting a recommendation to see an experienced professional.

Everyone will react their own way to treatments, but talking about it openly can help. Took me ages to confront it, and while CBT and other methods havnt really helped me personally, I'm now more open to find a solution which is right for me.
"OH! What a dog's hole is Manchester"
- Sir John Byng

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #98 on: December 2, 2013, 02:33:59 am »
So here I am at 2:30am unable to sleep and anxiety kicks in! I has a few drinks this afternoon and I know it's the trigger but fuck it's horrid.
JFT96 - YNWA

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 4, 2013, 10:35:10 am »
So mine seems to of flared back up. I was ok but not last weekend the weekend before, i went into town to get some clothes for the kids with me bird and we had something to eat and thats when it started again, i wasn't comfortable and since that my breathing has fucked up again and then i had the issue with me PS4 breaking out the box which made me anxious that what if my replacement does that! Then i've got the match tonight that i'm supposed to be going to but gonna have to give it a miss because i've got a really bad feeling about my safety on the way home, then next friday ive got me works xmas night out, once again gonna have to swerve it because i'm unsure if i'll make it home...

I wont be able to leave the fucking house soon

Offline MONTREAL_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 4, 2013, 03:17:03 pm »
So mine seems to of flared back up. I was ok but not last weekend the weekend before, i went into town to get some clothes for the kids with me bird and we had something to eat and thats when it started again, i wasn't comfortable and since that my breathing has fucked up again and then i had the issue with me PS4 breaking out the box which made me anxious that what if my replacement does that! Then i've got the match tonight that i'm supposed to be going to but gonna have to give it a miss because i've got a really bad feeling about my safety on the way home, then next friday ive got me works xmas night out, once again gonna have to swerve it because i'm unsure if i'll make it home...

I wont be able to leave the fucking house soon
Apologies if I've missed it, but what is the issue with getting home? Doesnt sound pleasant.
- Sir John Byng

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: December 4, 2013, 04:59:04 pm »
Nah you've not missed anything. Just me being a worrying Tit thinking something is gonna happen to me on the way back from  the match. I go the game by myself but it's a night game and lately I've become paranoid about my safety. My anxiety is brought on by worry, health anxiety so I fear the worst.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 4, 2013, 05:46:59 pm »
Nah you've not missed anything. Just me being a worrying Tit thinking something is gonna happen to me on the way back from  the match. I go the game by myself but it's a night game and lately I've become paranoid about my safety. My anxiety is brought on by worry, health anxiety so I fear the worst.
Sounds horrible that mate, I really wish you the best and hope that you can get over it someday.

At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline MONTREAL_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: December 5, 2013, 02:17:58 pm »
Terrible to hear that.

As I've posted earlier in this thread I've had the same issues, I would suggest trying to go with a good mate to the match, getting a smooth experience under your belt where you realize the worry is for nothing, may help. As for the health concerns, if you can see a doctor about it I'm sure it would put your mind at ease for a bit and get you out of the house. Need to keep moving forward.
- Sir John Byng

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #104 on: December 6, 2013, 07:04:23 am »
So here I am at 2:30am unable to sleep and anxiety kicks in! I has a few drinks this afternoon and I know it's the trigger but fuck it's horrid.

Fucking hell, it's horrible. I go through the day ready to fall asleep at an instant, but as soon as midnight hits I'm as wide awake as a crack addict vacationing in Colombia.

The nights are getting pretty terrible.

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2013, 01:14:33 am »
Just trying to figure something out. Every now and then I feel like little flutters in my chest and that can straight away will trigger a full blown attack because I think I'm about to die. But I've just realised something after a very long time. Something that seems so fucking obvious that I don't know why I didn't realise it in the beginning. Ok, everytime I get these flutters in my chest I usually burp and it seems to disappear then I'll usually get a bout of heart burn. Is it really something as silly as that that is making my life a misery at times? Fuck sake.
JFT96 - YNWA

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2013, 09:14:08 pm »
Just trying to figure something out. Every now and then I feel like little flutters in my chest and that can straight away will trigger a full blown attack because I think I'm about to die. But I've just realised something after a very long time. Something that seems so fucking obvious that I don't know why I didn't realise it in the beginning. Ok, everytime I get these flutters in my chest I usually burp and it seems to disappear then I'll usually get a bout of heart burn. Is it really something as silly as that that is making my life a misery at times? Fuck sake.

Could be mate, talked about it above. It's a cruel cycle, the anxiety can cause all sorts of problems especially with the digestive system. Stress and anxiety can cause the body to slow down digestion or stop it completely in compliance with your bodies flight or fight response. Your brain communicates with your body in order to focus energy in areas that needs it during the flight or fight response.

The flutters in your chest could well be from digestive problems from a result of this process, or quite possibly could be the muscles in your chest tightening, gearing you up for your flight or fight. Or perhaps it could be peculiar feeling in your lungs as smooth muscles loosen in order to allow more oxygen into them. It could be your Increased heart rate and blood pressure during this time. These (and many more symptoms that I will list below) are VERY common with sufferers of anxiety and I would very much suspect that one of these if not a combination of them all are causing these sensations in your chest. I am speaking from experience, this symptom used to frighten the life out of me. I had test upon test convincing myself that something was seriously wrong, which in turn causes more and more anxiety, resulting in more and more symptoms.

The reality is that these symptoms are more than likely harmless to you. For peace of mind go to the doctor, but those scary symptoms, like I discovered, are your brains own doing.

A few other symptoms you most likely experience,

Tingling in fingers and toes or a cold sensation or feeling (restricted blood flow, veins tightening in the skin in order to send blood to major muscle groups)
Dilated pupils, sensitivity to light (eyes letting in as much light as possible)
Confusion or disorientation with small tasks (brains way of focusing on the bigger picture)
Muscle tension and a shaky feeling (rising levels of adrenaline and glucose)

Hope this goes somewhat to putting you at ease, it's very likely that your are fine.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:35:06 pm by adam18 »
-YNWA-

Offline MONTREAL_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2013, 09:30:05 pm »
Tingling in fingers and toes or cold sensation (restricted blood flow, veins tightening in the skin in order to send blood to major muscle groups)
Dilated pupils (letting in as much light as possible)
Confusion or disorientation with small tasks (brains way of focusing on the bigger picture)
Have read about the explanation of the tingling in the fingers, very interesting to see the other two. While I've only had very small episodes of disorientation with small tasks with regards to anxiety, I'd never thought about its possible explanation in that way, thanks for sharing. 

- Sir John Byng

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2013, 05:58:44 am »
I keep saying I'm gonna go the docs but I think they'll start to hate me. I've been about daft things in the past that were nothing but these latest are really starting to get to me. I feel like crying when I'm having an episode. I don't even know if I fucking have anxiety because everyone else seems to have a racing heart when they have one but I don't. It's been worse since I got made redundant in august, I think it's because I have more time to think about things on my mind.
JFT96 - YNWA

Offline MONTREAL_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2013, 01:27:39 pm »
I keep saying I'm gonna go the docs but I think they'll start to hate me. I've been about daft things in the past that were nothing but these latest are really starting to get to me. I feel like crying when I'm having an episode. I don't even know if I fucking have anxiety because everyone else seems to have a racing heart when they have one but I don't. It's been worse since I got made redundant in august, I think it's because I have more time to think about things on my mind.
Few issues coming together there, between being made redundant, unsure about seeing a doctor, and not knowing why you feel this way, it's just a poor mix and I'm very sorry to hear it.

Need to get to the doctor though, dont think about what their personal feelings are, it's not your job to appease to them and trust me they have seen it before and will be able to give you some options in how to deal with this.
- Sir John Byng

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2013, 02:01:44 pm »
I'd imagine its nothing the doctor hasn't seen before on a very regular basis, anxiety has become so common its ludicrous now, you're just not aware of it as its not something people generally discuss, my GP was saying he would generally see at least 1 person a day with anxiety symptoms.

Most doctors should be supportive with it if yours isn't then ask to see someone else.

Better GP's should at least give you some treatment options rather than just pushing pills at you as the only solution offered. (not that medication doesn't have some part in the treatment for many people with anxiety, but it certainly shouldn't be the only option discussed).

Offline Yolanderyolando

• Anny Roader
« Reply #111 on: January 1, 2014, 10:12:00 pm »
I've had chest pains virtually everyday over the holidays.

Also having these strange movement feeling in my chest that last for a second and takes my breath away.

I saw the cardiologist and I have a scan lined up for this month.

I can't see it being anxiety. I'm sure something wrong in my chest area !

Offline MONTREAL_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 2, 2014, 04:26:03 pm »
I've had chest pains virtually everyday over the holidays.

Also having these strange movement feeling in my chest that last for a second and takes my breath away.

I saw the cardiologist and I have a scan lined up for this month.

I can't see it being anxiety. I'm sure something wrong in my chest area !
Anxiety from what I've read usually doesnt come with literal pain in the chest, rather is associated with heightened sensitivity in certain areas.

I do hope the scans all come back negative.
- Sir John Byng

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2014, 01:10:46 pm »
So I finally went to the doctors today about my anxiety.

I was adamant that I didn't want any tablets or pills when I went but she told me that it's an illness of sorts so why not take treatment for it? I had the option of having nothing, 6 counseling sessions or medication. Obviously having nothing wasn't a good choice and I couldn't commit to the counseling because I'm back at work now so I had no choice but to take the medication option.

She told me she'd start me of on a small dosage (one a day) and to go back in a couple of weeks and see whats what. The thing is though she gave me anti-depressants  which seems strange as I don't really feel like I'm depressed.

Anyway I chatting crap here but I hope that this will be the start of me finally overcoming anxiety. Just typing that feels good :)
JFT96 - YNWA

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2014, 02:05:13 pm »
I seen you post, and before clicking the thread i thought to myself, i do hope you've gone to the docs at last. Open thread and low and behold you have, so well done on that and i hope the medication works mate.

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2014, 02:34:04 pm »
I seen you post, and before clicking the thread i thought to myself, i do hope you've gone to the docs at last. Open thread and low and behold you have, so well done on that and i hope the medication works mate.

Cheers mate. Don't know why I put it off for so long....Infact yes I do know why, I thought it'd just go away and it unfortunately doesn't.
JFT96 - YNWA

Offline MONTREAL_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2014, 02:58:38 pm »

I was adamant that I didn't want any tablets or pills when I went but she told me that it's an illness of sorts so why not take treatment for it? I had the option of having nothing, 6 counseling sessions or medication. Obviously having nothing wasn't a good choice and I couldn't commit to the counseling because I'm back at work now so I had no choice but to take the medication option.

She told me she'd start me of on a small dosage (one a day) and to go back in a couple of weeks and see whats what. The thing is though she gave me anti-depressants  which seems strange as I don't really feel like I'm depressed.

Anyway I chatting crap here but I hope that this will be the start of me finally overcoming anxiety. Just typing that feels good :)
I've no experience with anti-depressants but seems like a logical step to take to curb the anxiety as you cant make counseling sessions and doing nothing wont fly.

I do hope they work, would be great to hear some feedback once you've had a chance to try them over a few days.
- Sir John Byng

Herby

« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2014, 03:14:40 pm »

I understand you completely there mate - about being sceptical about medication.
I do feel that some doctors default to being a pharmaceutical dispensing agent.

Couldn't you get some time off for the counselling? I have had CBT in the past, and it really helped me use some tools/techniques.
But I am also on anti depressants (for depression, not anxiety) - which can have side effects of... anxiety  ::)

However, I still get the old anxiety at certain social situations, which is debilitating.

I hope you find the meds OK - be sure to read the side-effects on the leaflet as well - and deffo see your doc again if you have any adverse effects.

Good luck.

Offline Yolanderyolando

• Anny Roader
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2014, 11:50:57 am »
I was doing ok for a bit, but yesterday i was in work sitting at my desk and my right ear starts going boiling, then the side of my face feels warm and the skin feels tight. ?) Thats the best way i can describe it.

I also felt lightheaded and extreemly tired for a good few hours. It lasted until about 2pm.

I dont even know if it is anxiety or if i am seriously ill, all i know is since i had my first episode when my heart went beserk i have never felt the same, i get weird pains in my chest, arms, jaw etc.

I feel shattered all the time, its a joke, i dont even feel like myself anymore.

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2014, 12:54:28 pm »
I was doing ok for a bit, but yesterday i was in work sitting at my desk and my right ear starts going boiling, then the side of my face feels warm and the skin feels tight. ?) Thats the best way i can describe it.

I also felt lightheaded and extreemly tired for a good few hours. It lasted until about 2pm.

I dont even know if it is anxiety or if i am seriously ill, all i know is since i had my first episode when my heart went beserk i have never felt the same, i get weird pains in my chest, arms, jaw etc.

I feel shattered all the time, its a joke, i dont even feel like myself anymore.

Get yourself to the docs mate. When I had anxiety attacks I would never get physical pain so get to the docs to rule out anything more sinister.
JFT96 - YNWA