Author Topic: The bigger picture; £500,000 saved. A WEEK.  (Read 42362 times)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The bigger picture; £500,000 saved. A WEEK.
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2013, 06:07:11 pm »
Don't be assuming Napoli's paying full wages for Reina or Skrtel. There's a very good chance it's around 50 percent for Pepe, Martin I haven't checked up on yet.

If you want to run a football club that rises to the top, there shouldn't be any 'savings' anyway, but more effective distribution. See that latter part, we'll observe what they have in store for us, or whether they 'redistribute' at all.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2013, 06:07:50 pm »
Sturridge?

Again i think we were fortunate. Sturridge wasnt playing, and no one in the top four needed a striker at the time. Maybe Spurs would have been interested, but certainly, he'd already been at City and lost his place, Chelsea the same, United didnt need him, nor Arsenal.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2013, 06:08:28 pm »
Don't be assuming Napoli's paying full wages for Reina or Skrtel. There's a very good chance it's around 50 percent for Pepe, Martin I haven't checked up on yet.

If you want to run a football club that rises to the top, there shouldn't be any 'savings' anyway, but more effective distribution. See that latter part, we'll observe what they have in store for us, or whether they 'redistribute' at all.

has Skrtel gone or have i missed something?
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2013, 06:08:28 pm »
I agree with you to a point. But theres an awful lot of youth in there, probably a bit too much.

But, you can't have it both ways. Not in our postion. If you want someone, mid twenties, then you would expect they are established by then.

So, why the fuck would they come here?

Young, maybe superstars or established players in lesser known leagues is where we have to shop imo.

If Sktrel is replaced by the 21 year old bubble - would you really be that disappointed?
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2013, 06:08:53 pm »

If a club is making losses then there should be savings.

Spurs have already shown, with a £40m less wage bill per season, that you can rise to the top without spending our level of wages.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2013, 06:10:15 pm »
Again i think we were fortunate. Sturridge wasnt playing, and no one in the top four needed a striker at the time. Maybe Spurs would have been interested, but certainly, he'd already been at City and lost his place, Chelsea the same, United didnt need him, nor Arsenal.

Lucky with Coutinho. Lucky with Sturridge.

Not sure why we bother putting together a scouting department and committee to make the decisions then.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2013, 06:13:27 pm »
Head lamps???!! What's wrong with candles I ask you?

Team bus can easily be replaced with a wheel barrow, Skrtel's a strong lad, I'm sure if we don't loan him out he could push it.
Sadly, we seem to be the only clued up ones who see the blue sky thinking thats required here after this bombshell release, solutions which offers real-life solutions to our real-life bereft bank balance problems....Alms for an leper!

Sit tight my friend and watch the World and European split hair champions do battle.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2013, 06:17:24 pm »
has Skrtel gone or have i missed something?

Nope, just rumours so far.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2013, 06:23:36 pm »
That's all well and good as long as the money 'saved' on wages is then available to use for transfers. I think this time last year we were all saying that the sales of aquilani, maxi, bellamy & carroll (wages) would equate to c.£25m. Where is this money? Will we be asking the same things next season when players like Lucas, Agger, Suarez etc are offloaded to save the wage bills?

I trust they are doing it to put the club in a good position financially but just want to ensure its for the right reasons (i.e so we can spend it on the team) and not so the owners can make a few quid
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2013, 06:25:25 pm »
That's all well and good as long as the money 'saved' on wages is then available to use for transfers. I think this time last year we were all saying that the sales of aquilani, maxi, bellamy & carroll (wages) would equate to c.£25m. Where is this money? Will we be asking the same things next season when players like Lucas, Agger, Suarez etc are offloaded to save the wage bills?

I trust they are doing it to put the club in a good position financially but just want to ensure its for the right reasons (i.e so we can spend it on the team) and not so the owners can make a few quid

We spent £30m net last summer, £20m odd in Jan, £3m so far this summer.

That could be some of the savings there.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2013, 06:25:47 pm »

Spurs have already shown, with a £40m less wage bill per season, that you can rise to the top without spending our level of wages.

"Rise to the top"????

They've played in the champions league once and look at them now, trophyless again and in the europa league, hardly a model we want to base ourselves on is it?

Let's just wait and see if the level of savings alluded to in the article are put to good use before we go praising FSG.  As Werner told us before we've the funds to compete with any club, i'm yet to see it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:27:21 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2013, 06:28:10 pm »
If we sign Fiscal Mingebag the Glaswegian Right-Wing in the hole playmaker 'tongue like a pastie' - that will surely fit the clubs new model of buy low - pay low - just say no......And that tongue can lick a full sheet of stamps in one go.

My ideas to generate funds for the club are as follows

We should have a swear box. That would generate funds and save on wages.

Wages and Wags - biggest drain on our resources. Cut wages, ditch wags, its the future!

Breathing - breathing costs money and energy. Cut back breathing and we cut back on costs

Washing the kit - all players should take their own kit home and wash it and all the big shorts should be handed back into the manager before he names the team at the following game.

Tattoo's - All players to be tattooed with advertising so it saves on the leccy on the board round the ground. Plus when they're getting jumped by the Pap's in Cheshire down at their local laundrette washing their kit, they'll be advertising. More wonga!

Grass - tax it

Flood lights - get rid of them, tape torches to everyone's head.

Wages - don't pay them, its that simple

Fans - charge them more

Team bus - change it to a bus

What do ye think RAWK accuntants?.....I'm open to any other suggestions

Chopper for Chancellor. You'll get us out of this shit hole where in mate.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2013, 06:31:43 pm »
It's a nice idea but there isn't an endless supply of those players or a particularly copious one to be honest.

We don't need an endless supply of them. Half a dozen would be fine. We found two in one window, it can't be that hard.

Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #173 on: July 31, 2013, 06:34:27 pm »
"Rise to the top"????

They've played in the champions league once and look at them now, trophyless again and in the europa league, hardly a model we want to base ourselves on is it?

Well they are certainly an example of being on the way up, with a drastically lower wage bill than our own.

Long term maybe not, but they are certainly getting bang for their buck, which is what the aim should be. When teams above us can outspend and outpay us then we have to use our money wisely.

Let's just wait and see if the level of savings alluded to in the article are put to good use before we go praising FSG.  As Werner told us before we've the funds to compete with any club, i'm yet to see it.

Given if the spending wages and spending stayed how it was we'd be out of business right now with the losses we were making I think praise can be given for the lowering that has happened without compromising the level of the squad.

Agreed as it gets down to the harder decisions, like the loss of the likes of Reina and Skrtel, it's important to see higher quality come in to replace them.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2013, 06:35:10 pm »
"Rise to the top"????

Its a great platform to build onto, they were in complete disarray when Redknapp took over, made a huge leap - at our expense too - with considerably less of a wage bill.  They are definitely the model of how we should get out of our slump.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2013, 06:35:12 pm »
We don't need an endless supply of them. Half a dozen would be fine. We found two in one window, it can't be that hard.

Possibly got one or two on the way from the Academy too.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2013, 06:48:46 pm »

The massive flaw in your argument is that Spurs haven't paid off three managers and their staff since 2011 and don't have the madcap policy of loaning out players paying part of their wages and then going out and buying more players and paying them wages aswell. I am not sure how good FSG are at running a football club but I think they are brilliant at reducing pan European unemployment. We are in affect subsidising a fair chunk of the teams in Europe. They would also be brilliant at reducing immigration because you don't even have to move stay in Italy, France or Spain and we will pay part of your wages anyway.

We might well be reducing the wages of the people who manage or play for us but whilst we continue to pay people who don't manage or play for us we will continue to struggle to compete.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2013, 06:56:31 pm »
Maximise revenue, decrease costs, anyone would think the owners were trying to sell the club.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2013, 06:57:44 pm »
Possibly got one or two on the way from the Academy too.

Exactly, it's not all about buying players in, it's about developing our own, too.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2013, 06:58:09 pm »
I think this is a very shallow OP as it kind of puts the "wages paid" argument above anything else.

We, just like any other top club, have to pay high wages in order to attract top players as a foundation for the young ones to bring in. You need both, the experience and quality, and the talent.

There is nothing wrong with shipping the ones out Rodgers isn´t relying on and were kind of overpaid but I don´t believe for a single bit Rodgers will touch the ones important for our squad.

I think Skrtel will stay, he has to stay considering the circumstances and Downing probably as well for another season. Anything else would be a massive gamble.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2013, 06:59:44 pm »
The massive flaw in your argument is that Spurs haven't paid off three managers and their staff since 2011 and don't have the madcap policy of loaning out players paying part of their wages and then going out and buying more players and paying them wages aswell. I am not sure how good FSG are at running a football club but I think they are brilliant at reducing pan European unemployment. We are in affect subsidising a fair chunk of the teams in Europe. They would also be brilliant at reducing immigration because you don't even have to move stay in Italy, France or Spain and we will pay part of your wages anyway.

We might well be reducing the wages of the people who manage or play for us but whilst we continue to pay people who don't manage or play for us we will continue to struggle to compete.

Caulker? Smith? Mason? Luongo? Hall? Pritchard?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2013, 07:01:32 pm »
Caulker? Smith? Mason? Luongo? Hall? Pritchard?
And recently Dos Santos.... But apart from all of them.....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2013, 07:05:31 pm »
And recently Dos Santos.... But apart from all of them.....
And Bentley.

So apart from Dos Santos, Caulker, Smith, Mason, Luongo, Hall and Pritchard who have Spurs ever loaned out?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2013, 07:07:11 pm »

Al, darling - until we get that euphemistic sugar daddy, we will always struggle to compete totally.

However, this is exactly why we have to get more bang for our buck and be shrewder, wise and sharper with what we do off the field and specifically with training, scouting and recruitment of the backroom and medical staff, than opposed to building a patchwork quilt team that having said sugar daddy, creates... we have to think harder, longer and have more foresight.

This is where we can make ground up and this year we will and you can quote me on that.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2013, 07:07:12 pm »
And Bentley.

So apart from Dos Santos, Caulker, Smith, Mason, Luongo, Hall and Pritchard who have Spurs ever loaned out?
Rose, Jenas ?

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2013, 07:07:34 pm »
Lucky with Coutinho. Lucky with Sturridge.

Not sure why we bother putting together a scouting department and committee to make the decisions then.

Oh come on.

Do you seriously think if we were up against anyone of note we would have bagged them two the way we approach signings? The most competition we had for coutinho was soton, and even then some were crapping themselves whether we would get him.

We rely on a certain amount of integrity and willingness from a player in order to capture them, or a lack of quality competition for their signature. Because as you all acknowledge we won't pay over the odds on fees and wages.

Going forward we will pick up the right players but at a cost of time. We certainly won't be picking many of the cream. Its all just a case of whether we can achieve were we want to go in a quicker timeframe.

I have absolutely no problem with what fsg are doing with wages and getting rid of deadwood, as long as we keep improving, replacing our losses and bring depth to the squad.

For me we are still very light in depth and experience and I worry about that with oinly a few weeks left. Even if we get papa we do so at the cost of yet another player. Another loss of depth and experience.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:13:49 pm by walshys_mullet »

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #186 on: July 31, 2013, 07:08:43 pm »
And Bentley.

Gomes

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #187 on: July 31, 2013, 07:08:58 pm »
Personally think we got lucky with Coutinho. Right time and right conditions. but lets be honest those two factors very rarely occur, certainly not enough to sustain.

You don't need to sustain it to be fair. You need to do it once to get back into the positions to compete - Champions League. Then when you're there you make sure you don't fuck it up.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2013, 07:10:23 pm »
And Bentley.

Rose.

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2013, 07:11:55 pm »

I don't think it's a massive flaw at all; in fact it's the same argument.

We have been wasting money hand over fist for several years, and FSG are absolutely right to try to get a grip of that. Doesn't matter if it's ludicrous manager revolving doors, silly "free" signings you get stuck paing wages to for 5 years, or just players who are no better than decent on a superstar wage, it's all the same principle and it's critical to get value if we are ever going to compete again.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2013, 07:12:14 pm »
OK, I think we can now expect to see a post from Al claiming that he didn't mean Spurs never loan players out at all, that was just what he said.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2013, 07:12:38 pm »
And Bentley.

Roads? Aqueducts?
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2013, 07:13:40 pm »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2013, 07:19:15 pm »
And Bentley.

How many of those did they buy for big fees as first team regulars. Whilst we are loaning Reina out Brad Jones will be getting games for us, whilst we loaned out Aquilani we had the likes of Adam and Spearing playing for us and whilst Carroll was playing for West Ham we had Yesil pulling on a red shirt and all those massive wave savings have resulted in a pretty static wage bill its absolute madness.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2013, 07:27:39 pm »

It obviously is or everyone would be at it.

You can't base a transfer policy on these black swans, sooner or later you've got to put your hand in your pocket and (thanks to the position Dalglish and Comolli put us in) pay way over the odds for some market validated talent.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #197 on: July 31, 2013, 07:28:18 pm »
Al, darling - until we get that euphemistic sugar daddy, we will always struggle to compete totally.

However, this is exactly why we have to get more bang for our buck and be shrewder, wise and sharper with what we do off the field and specifically with training, scouting and recruitment of the backroom and medical staff, than opposed to building a patchwork quilt team that having said sugar daddy, creates... we have to think harder, longer and have more foresight.

This is where we can make ground up and this year we will and you can quote me on that.
  To be fair chops the sugar daddy bollocks is the biggest red herring ever. FFP stops owners from bankrolling unsustainable spending. The amount owners can pump in is being reduced season on season so it is for me a lame excuse. Chelsea for example have taken measures to comply with FFP they have offloaded older higher paid players and sold amortized players and invested in top notch young players on long contracts. Abramovich is now longer bankrolling them the way he did half a decade ago they are just being smarter than us and achieving more than us.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:31:02 pm by The Grinch »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #198 on: July 31, 2013, 07:30:26 pm »
  To be fair chops the sugar daddy bollocks is the biggest red herring ever. FFP stops owners from bankrolling unsustainable spending. The amount owners can pump in is being reduced season on season so it is for me a lame excuse. Chelsea for example have taken measures to comply with FFP they have offloaded older higher paid players and used sold amortized players and invested in top notch young players on long contracts. Abramovich is now longer bankrolling them the way he did half a decade ago they are just being smarter than us and achieving more than us.

So how are Monaco , PSG , Man City getting round the FFP then?

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #199 on: July 31, 2013, 07:31:13 pm »
I'm not sure if this data has been posted, as I haven't read all 5 pages. But before praising/criticizing FSG, we should be benchmarking ourselves against our competition.

"The Guardian's annual special report of Premier League clubs' finances shows they spent £1.6bn on wages last season, most of it to players. The wage bill accounted for 67% of clubs' turnover, a similar level to the two previous years – wages were 68% of income in 2009-10, and 69% in 2010-11."

Figures from 2011/2012
Relevant as FSG would have been working from these figures

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/18/premier-league-club-accounts-debt

Attachments: Turnover, Wages as Proportion of Turnover %, debt, premier league accounts, wage comparisons