Author Topic: West Ham United vs Liverpool FC. The Preview. Sun 9th Dec (Away)  (Read 58742 times)

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: West Ham United vs Liverpool FC. The Preview. Sun 9th Dec (Away)
« Reply #80 on: December 7, 2012, 06:37:23 pm »
i also think sterling will be the lone striker

wisdom at right back johno left back and enrique left wing

Yes that makes sense and therefore no Downing..

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: December 7, 2012, 06:37:42 pm »
PLEASE can people stop mentioning "False number 9" i hate it....thanks :)

How about "faux neuf" as an alternative?

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #82 on: December 7, 2012, 06:51:19 pm »
Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Allen, Lucas, Gerrard; Sterling, Shelvey, Suso

I expect something close to that but wouldn't be surprised to see Enrique with Widsom and Johnson at full backs at the expense of Suso. Any argument for Henderson starting instead of Allen? Allen has looked tired recently and Henderson's goal would've given him a massive confidence boost.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 7, 2012, 07:05:11 pm »
Just a tad worried on who might finish any good possession we have as after the other night some of the lads would still miss the hole if they tripped, fell straight down while directly above said hole. Im sure they will be geed up to give us a game considering the talent of their manager. Our starting 11 usually picks itself most days as we select from the same core of players Brendan trusts but for a change why not surprise some of the lads

.................Reina
Johnson...SkrAgger........Enrique
............Lucas
......Allen Henderson
Sterling.....SG.....Shelvey

First time ever we have never had a striker to pick from?
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 7, 2012, 07:16:55 pm »
Let's just hope for this one game the Ewing Theory comes into effect;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20Ewing%20Theory

Basically, an underachieving team that is overly reliant upon its' star surprisingly plays better when that star is missing for whatever reason. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #85 on: December 7, 2012, 07:21:19 pm »
How about "faux neuf" as an alternative?

Is that in the sense of pont neuf or soixante neuf?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #86 on: December 7, 2012, 07:26:27 pm »
There are about 6 options to play up front: Pacheco, Morgan, Yessil - All strikers by nature, won't get the chance because they've hardly had a chance in cup games so the league is out of the question.
Shelvey - Played against Young Boys up front, scored a goal and think he set the other one up (not too sure), would play this role well against West Ham I think
Gerrard - our best finisher out of the regular starting 11 and subs, might have lost a bit of pace but I'd trust him over anyone else in a 1on1 situation.
Sterling - think he should stay on the wing where he can get at players, don't think he would be good in the middle where his pace won't have as much of an effect.

I would choose to play Morgan there but it's a massive responsibility and may put too much pressure on the lad, remember what happened to Ngog when Torres got injured. Shelvey is the next best option in my opinion.
Thing is, those strikers need to be interspersed with players whom they are familiar with- Pacheco/Adorjan + Ngoo/Morgan + Robinson. I think the occasion and the "pressure" gets to them, but if they're a few lads(2 or 3 maybe) playing together in the 1st team and "sharing" the experience, they'll settle in quickly. Problem is- this would be preferable at home against the likes of QPR and not really an away game. Still - I'd have no issues throwing those 3 in there against Westham- and keeping appropriate subs on the bench.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2012, 07:34:41 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: December 7, 2012, 07:38:29 pm »
                      Reina

Johnson     Skrtl      Agger      Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard          Henderson

Sterling         Shelvey              Assaidi

After reading Spyin' Kop I think it would be good to see Assidi start and to give their RB a gard time with Sterling doing the same on the right. Obviously this means Enrique drops to LB but I would rather that than playing Downing.

Henderson is playing well and should have a good bit of confidence going into this match after his winner yesterday. Him and Gerrard being the two futhest midfielders means there will be a mix of pressing high up the pitch and creativity from Gerrard who playing in that position can cause a lot of problems. Allen gets dropped for me because he's been a bit off form and Henderson is playing decently enough.

Shelvey has to get the pick ahead of Yesil or Morgan for me. He's scored before playing as a striker/false 9 and neither Yesil or Morgan look composed or mature enough to be starting a PL game yet. Shelvey is naturally confident and has a great shot on him. Was unlucky not to score last week. Him dropping slightly deep when we have the ball, combined with our possession based midfield should mean we dominate the game.

Obviously none of this matters if we dont take our chances and with Suarez out it'll be a challenge to score. Logic says that this is a 0-0 but I'm going with Shelve and Gerrard to gove us a 2-0 victory
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #88 on: December 7, 2012, 07:52:51 pm »
                      Reina

Johnson     Skrtl      Agger      Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard          Henderson

Sterling         Shelvey              Assaidi

After reading Spyin' Kop I think it would be good to see Assidi start and to give their RB a gard time with Sterling doing the same on the right. Obviously this means Enrique drops to LB but I would rather that than playing Downing.

Henderson is playing well and should have a good bit of confidence going into this match after his winner yesterday. Him and Gerrard being the two futhest midfielders means there will be a mix of pressing high up the pitch and creativity from Gerrard who playing in that position can cause a lot of problems. Allen gets dropped for me because he's been a bit off form and Henderson is playing decently enough.

Shelvey has to get the pick ahead of Yesil or Morgan for me. He's scored before playing as a striker/false 9 and neither Yesil or Morgan look composed or mature enough to be starting a PL game yet. Shelvey is naturally confident and has a great shot on him. Was unlucky not to score last week. Him dropping slightly deep when we have the ball, combined with our possession based midfield should mean we dominate the game.

Obviously none of this matters if we dont take our chances and with Suarez out it'll be a challenge to score. Logic says that this is a 0-0 but I'm going with Shelve and Gerrard to Gove us a 2-0 victory
You wont get much out of that twat! ;D
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 7, 2012, 07:57:26 pm »
Lucas, Allen and Sahin (if his massive face hemorrhage has cleared up... has it? I keep seeing him stuck in a lift in The Shining) in the middle... Gerrard on the right to give Sterling a break, plus give support to Shelvey... and I guess Enrique on the left with the ensuing shift of roles from  Johnson to Wisdom ?

Or a totally different idea. Gerrard and Henderson infront of Lucas... Sterling, Shelvey (it's going to be Shelvey) and someone on the left...

Or the one we'll go with... Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling, Shelvey, Cole. Cheers.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: December 7, 2012, 08:28:44 pm »
PS - To all hammers fans reading this, courtesy of newsnow reporting the link this morning, welcome. Come in, stay a while, appreciate some quality and of course laugh at this.

For you Peacham... for you!

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #91 on: December 7, 2012, 08:41:39 pm »
We will boss this possession wise with West Ham looking to cause us problems from set pieces with Nolan and Cole.Think our defence and midfield will be too strong for them.2-0 to the Reds.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline BreakfastPercy

• Legacy Fan
  • Follow me: @BreakfastPercy
« Reply #92 on: December 7, 2012, 09:00:27 pm »
The Allardyce masterplan:

Offline simcolfc

• Main Stander
  • Hooch is craaazy.
« Reply #93 on: December 7, 2012, 09:31:42 pm »
It's possible we opt for nobody in the striker position like in Europe with Morgan and Cole and then the following prem match against Chelsea.  Think we played three at the back in both instances and the wide players would bust a** to get centrally to act as focal points and then retreat back to the wings when the opposition had the ball.  Not saying I prefer that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he opted for that again.
"The ball was outta my reach.  Whattaya want me to do...dive for it?"----Roger Dorn

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: December 7, 2012, 09:47:06 pm »
Surprised people aren't calling for Suso to start. Think he was excellent last night, provides real class on the ball and can make something happen.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

« Reply #95 on: December 7, 2012, 10:58:57 pm »

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a bow son.

Offline Anonymous5

• Kopite
« Reply #97 on: December 7, 2012, 11:19:12 pm »
This will be a touch game, West ham are on form at the moment and we are without Suarez.

Reina

Wisdom     Skrtel      Agger      Johnson

Lucas

Gerrard          Allen

Sterling           Shelvey             Enrique

This I think gives us the height to defend against West hams direct play.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #98 on: December 7, 2012, 11:24:56 pm »
Reina, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Sahin (if fit) or Shelvey, Enrique, Gerrard, Sterling
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 7, 2012, 11:30:36 pm »
Reina

Skrtel Coates Agger

Johnson Lucas Allen Enrique

Gerrard Sterling

Shelvey

Gerrard and Sterling having freedom to roam.

Online Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 7, 2012, 11:32:56 pm »
We will control the midfield.  Skrtel to eat up all of their hoofs.  We'll get at least one perfectly good chance to score, hope we take it.  Clean sheet, please!

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #101 on: December 7, 2012, 11:35:37 pm »
Big game - and a goal or two needed - by Gerrard (going forward) and Lucas (snuffing out their attacks at the back)

Add that to a mistake-free defensive display and I can see us hanging on for a narrow 2-1 victory.  :)
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 7, 2012, 11:36:02 pm »
Tough team to pick here. Shelvey will definitely play upfront, with probably Lucas Allen and gerrard in the middle.
The decision to make is on the flanks.
To go with first choice back 4 - GJ, MS, DA, JE - we it would mean playing suso/downing on the wing.
Both IMO are too lightweight for a direct physical team like west ham.
So the options are:
1) Play JE as winger and AW at right back. Not sure brendan will do this now as JE been great at fullback.
2) Play gerrard off on of the flanks and put JH in the middle. This is the option I'd go with.

Think brendan will play suso though, just not sure whether its going to work.

Online Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: December 7, 2012, 11:37:15 pm »
Will big Andy feature or he still injured?
On loan...

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 8, 2012, 12:07:28 am »
Surprised people aren't calling for Suso to start. Think he was excellent last night, provides real class on the ball and can make something happen.

Not wrong mate, he was class.... we need as many match winners out there without Suarez playing, so perhaps that goes against him at the mo.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #105 on: December 8, 2012, 12:10:08 am »
Just got the call from Brendan, he heard about my performance for Liverpool fans against Inter Milan fans and has asked me to show up on the day with my boots and shinnys, says I'm starting up front ;D

Seriously though can't wait for the match, not been to an away for agessss!
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline VAred

• Main Stander
  • Hope is a waking dream
« Reply #106 on: December 8, 2012, 01:34:08 am »
On loan...
To west ham lol and no he's out for a while
The opposite of left

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 8, 2012, 01:40:31 am »
To west ham lol and no he's out for a while

Players aren't allowed to play against the club that loaned them out.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 8, 2012, 01:42:07 am »
Be a really tough game. I hope people aren't moaning if we don't get a result! Not a pessimist, but I'll be pleased if we don't lose.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 8, 2012, 01:45:40 am »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8xLxIpCIAA5mdp.png:large

I'd join the military right away if they still dressed like that. Them were the days.

Online Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 8, 2012, 03:41:44 am »
Players aren't allowed to play against the club that loaned them out.
;) 

I figured he would get it.

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 8, 2012, 03:48:18 am »
So come December, Carroll is still shite and Gerrard is yet to be played in an advanced role. In Rawk we trust.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 8, 2012, 03:55:28 am »
This is shaping up to be a game where we would either win or lose badly. Why? Very contrasting styles of football. While the Swansea game had a stalemate written all over it before kickoff, this match will be a goals galore. We either win 2-0 or lose 3-1. It's definitely a winnable match for us, as long as we can deal with the quick game and bombing from the flanks which Fat Sam loves to play. Assuming Enrique and Johnson are playing as full backs, we have a good chance to stop them. To win the game, we need to control midfield and we certainly have the cattle to do so. I would like to see Sterling play on the left and Suso on the right. Let's hope Shelvey doesn't hesitate in front of the goal like he normally does.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: December 8, 2012, 05:22:57 am »
I think we're well overdue for an "Agger special" from 30 yards.  Hopefully this will be the game; we could certainly use a goal from a defender this game as without Suarez up front we'll be needing someone else to chip in.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: December 8, 2012, 06:05:19 am »
Got no idea who will win but i think either we'll totally control the game with our possession or we'll be completely overran by their power game. Playing on Thursday night really won't have helped and West Ham must be high on confidence after what they did to Chelsea, so i make them favourite.

Like most games it'll come down to finishing which is why i think we'll likely lose. Chelsea could have been 5 up by half time against them but missed their chances which allowed West Ham to come out in the second half still in the game.

I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline aliotman

• Main Stander
« Reply #115 on: December 8, 2012, 06:13:26 am »
                      Reina

Wisdom     Skrtel     Agger      Johnson

Lucas    Allen

Assaidi        Gerrard        Enrique           

Sterling         

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #116 on: December 8, 2012, 06:57:27 am »
Come On Redmen!
Having seen U21 yesterday any chance of late call for Pacheco?

Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 8, 2012, 07:30:50 am »
Come On Redmen!
Don't get your hopes up.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #118 on: December 8, 2012, 08:28:19 am »
Just seeing that fat fcuck in the opposite dugout should be inspiration enough for this one.
Has he started shooting his big gob off yet?
Cmon Redmen!
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #119 on: December 8, 2012, 09:58:21 am »
Come On Redmen!

The problem with Pacheco is he is another No.10 type player. We've got plenty of players who can play that role at the moment. What we need is No.9 type player who is ready to lead the line for us. Adam Morgan and Samed Yesil are the closest we've got available to us at the moment and I don't think either of them are quite ready yet.