Author Topic: West Ham United vs Liverpool FC. The Preview. Sun 9th Dec (Away)  (Read 58743 times)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: West Ham United vs Liverpool FC. The Preview. Sun 9th Dec (Away)
« Reply #40 on: December 7, 2012, 09:25:26 am »
flying back this afternoon apparently - not good preparation at all

It isn't ideal, but then it's worth remembering that some players didn't even travel to Italy, and those who did have a match under their belt anyway.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: December 7, 2012, 09:27:04 am »
I'd like to see Morgan given a chance or at least on the bench. We need someone with a finishing instinct and a bit of bottle and with luis out, why not. He needs a chance to play with better quality players and service and could surprise a few.

Offline VAred

• Main Stander
  • Hope is a waking dream
« Reply #42 on: December 7, 2012, 09:29:11 am »
Also if Sahin is ok I think he should have a start here seeing how a lot of the midfield played in Italy.  Maybe Sahin, Allen, and Lucas in the midfield with Stevie pushed forward?
The opposite of left

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #43 on: December 7, 2012, 09:57:28 am »
Was thinking that this game could be quite important for us. If we'd manage to win (and score) without Suarez in the team, perhaps that would raise the confidence of the rest of the team. Too many times when we're around the box we're searching for the Suarez pass. Which alot of the times is the right thing to do of course, but sometimes it's just way to obvious. So perhaps a win without Suarez on the field could make us more versatile when going forward in the future.

Obviously it could go the other way around if we lose 2-0  :-X

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 7, 2012, 10:00:38 am »
After being on the bench in Italy, the lemon fresh Joe Cole should start against West Ham.

Offline THE KING LUIS VII.

• Kemlynite
  • They killed Kenny!! BUT not the right one.
« Reply #45 on: December 7, 2012, 02:13:12 pm »
Also if Sahin is ok I think he should have a start here seeing how a lot of the midfield played in Italy.  Maybe Sahin, Allen, and Lucas in the midfield with Stevie pushed forward?
I think its a good idea. If I was BR I would play these 3 midfielders play together regular. Sahin is better for his system than SG.

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 7, 2012, 02:27:48 pm »
                                  Reina

Johnson           Skrtel           Agger       Downing

Lucas   
                                     Allen
Sterling                                               Enrique
                      Shelvey   Gerrard

Suspect it will be some combination of these players.  BR is not afraid to take chances and playing without a striker is taking a chance....a chance he's been forced to take.  I would love to see a rested Gerrard play up front and score.  Shelvey was probably being rested for the league last night, but that didn't work out.  Maybe if Sahin wears a mask he gets a league start.  And finally, maybe without Suarez that front 4/5 will all be trying to pick up the slack and crash the box for goals.

I predict a 1-0 w/ a PK finally for us....Gerrard to take and score. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 7, 2012, 02:36:55 pm »
For me West Ham is one of those teams that always play in the top division and always in the region middle to bottom half. Never really one of sides to battle for European places. Never one to create headlines. It's in the back of my mind and I expect us to win this one.

Suarez
Downing Gerrard Sterling
Lucas Allen
Enrique Agger Skrtel Johnson
Reina

is what I expect.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #48 on: December 7, 2012, 02:39:09 pm »
For me West Ham is one of those teams that always play in the top division and always in the region middle to bottom half. Never really one of sides to battle for European places. Never one to create headlines. It's in the back of my mind and I expect us to win this one.

Suarez
Downing Gerrard Sterling
Lucas Allen
Reina

is what I expect.

Ermm.. no no :D Suspended
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 7, 2012, 02:42:50 pm »

Suarez
Downing Gerrard Sterling
Lucas Allen
Reina

is what I expect.

Suarez is suspended.

It will be interesting to see how Rodgers will make up for it, absolutely no idea who could step in, maybe Sterling.

Sterling
Assaidi Gerrard Cole
Lucas Allen
Reina
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 7, 2012, 02:48:06 pm »
Gerrard false 9 for me, he's the best finisher and most natural goal scorer available.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline LucasLeiva

• Anny Roader
  • Remember My Name
« Reply #51 on: December 7, 2012, 02:49:31 pm »
Reina
Johnson Agger Skrtel Enrique
               Lucas
      Allen     
                   Gerrard

Sterling   Shelvey   Assaidi/ Suso/ Downing

I think Jonjo will get the nod to play striker as he did well in the Europa league game there, if not I would like to see Morgan or Pacheco have a go at it but can't see it happening as they're not even trusted in the Europa league games. Not sure who will line up on the wing, I think it will be Downing but I really hope it's one of the other two I put there, they just offer so much more in terms of effort and ability.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 7, 2012, 02:53:44 pm »
Ermm.. no no :D Suspended

Ooops! Don't know how I forgot that one. Guess I'm so used to writing his name down first.

OK then, put Shelvey up front.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 7, 2012, 02:54:16 pm »
Gerrard false 9 for me, he's the best finisher and most natural goal scorer available.

He is but he cannot play as a false 9 anymore, no way. I think it will be Sterling in this position but honestly I have absolutely no idea how Rodgers gonna manage this, it seems like a big compromise from whatever angle you wanna look at it.

I think Shelvey was supposed to step in but he played almost 90 minutes against Udine.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline East of Anfield

• Kopite
  • Singaporean Red
« Reply #54 on: December 7, 2012, 03:01:07 pm »
Do you guys think Samed Yesil should get his 1st team call up?

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 7, 2012, 03:03:19 pm »
He is but he cannot play as a false 9 anymore, no way. I think it will be Sterling in this position but honestly I have absolutely no idea how Rodgers gonna manage this, it seems like a big compromise from whatever angle you wanna look at it.

I think Shelvey was supposed to step in but he played almost 90 minutes against Udine.

I'd maybe start Gerrard there and then drop him back into midfield and stick Shelvey there when he starts to fade in the second half.

After watching him do both his and Scott Parkers job at the Euros I reckon he's still got a good 60 minutes of putting himself about in the tank before he's fucked.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 7, 2012, 03:05:03 pm »
If we win this it'll etch a perma-smile on my face for a week.
We can do this, let's be smart, choke them and hit them with a sneaky little sucker punch.
Our midfield must boss, considering Lucas is there I have no doubts it'll happen.

Very excited for this game.

Offline LucasLeiva

• Anny Roader
  • Remember My Name
« Reply #57 on: December 7, 2012, 03:06:28 pm »
There are about 6 options to play up front: Pacheco, Morgan, Yessil - All strikers by nature, won't get the chance because they've hardly had a chance in cup games so the league is out of the question.
Shelvey - Played against Young Boys up front, scored a goal and think he set the other one up (not too sure), would play this role well against West Ham I think
Gerrard - our best finisher out of the regular starting 11 and subs, might have lost a bit of pace but I'd trust him over anyone else in a 1on1 situation.
Sterling - think he should stay on the wing where he can get at players, don't think he would be good in the middle where his pace won't have as much of an effect.

I would choose to play Morgan there but it's a massive responsibility and may put too much pressure on the lad, remember what happened to N'Gog when Torres got injured. Shelvey is the next best option in my opinion.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #58 on: December 7, 2012, 03:08:13 pm »
Enrique would be my choice as CF.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #59 on: December 7, 2012, 03:27:16 pm »
Enrique would be my choice as CF.

Nah. Hot-shot Henderson surely.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #60 on: December 7, 2012, 03:41:30 pm »
A quick question. Was watching the last few minutes of our match last season at Upton Park which we lost 3-1.

Who was playing left back, number 22.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 7, 2012, 03:45:47 pm »
A quick question. Was watching the last few minutes of our match last season at Upton Park which we lost 3-1.

Wilson. Season before last mind you.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: December 7, 2012, 03:49:06 pm »

Danny Wilson.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #63 on: December 7, 2012, 03:52:05 pm »
Wilson. Season before last mind you.

Thanks both. I completly forgot about him. Where is he now?
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #64 on: December 7, 2012, 03:56:42 pm »
Shit side, shit football and their managers got a fucking massive head.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #65 on: December 7, 2012, 03:57:10 pm »
We should not play with 1 striker. We do not have anyone who can hold play the lone striker role.

We should play Sterling with Assaidi/Yesil or Shelvey so they will be able to support each other.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #66 on: December 7, 2012, 03:59:15 pm »
As a kid it wa common to play 'Goaly on the spot'......so I guess its 'Striker on the spot!'

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #67 on: December 7, 2012, 04:09:58 pm »
Where is he now?

Bristol City. (On loan).
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #68 on: December 7, 2012, 04:17:16 pm »
Bristol City. (On loan).

A wrong career move for him. From playing in the champion league to Bristol City.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 7, 2012, 04:24:42 pm »
A wrong career move for him. From playing in the champion league to Bristol City.

No, from playing for our U21s to Bristol City! Needed to play football. He only went a month or so ago, hasn't progressed as we'd have liked.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #70 on: December 7, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »
We will nick it in the last 15 mins.
Is there anything that is less likely?
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #71 on: December 7, 2012, 04:31:04 pm »
PLEASE can people stop mentioning "False number 9" i hate it....thanks :)
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #72 on: December 7, 2012, 04:39:26 pm »
We will nick it in the last 15 mins.
Is there anything that is less likely?

winning 5-0 maybe?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #73 on: December 7, 2012, 04:50:43 pm »
No, from playing for our U21s to Bristol City! Needed to play football. He only went a month or so ago, hasn't progressed as we'd have liked.

He hasn't had a minute there yet.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #74 on: December 7, 2012, 04:56:18 pm »
Will West Ham also be playing their false 9 Carlton Cole?

Offline benn25

• Finger licker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 7, 2012, 04:58:02 pm »
it wouldnt suprise me if Morgan gets a call up. He's been firing on all cylinders and scored again today. Maybe Morgan or Jonjo upfront

Rei
     GJ    Sk   Ag   Enq

Luc/All

Str    Sah   Ger    Ass

Mor/Shv

Gerrard further forward.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2012, 05:00:46 pm by benn25 »
We just leave them be for a while, take a breather, let them settle, then bang!  All over them like a tramp on chips.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #76 on: December 7, 2012, 05:06:31 pm »
Hammers will be buzzing after beating Chelsea. It looked like they were losing their way after a good start to the season. Lucas will of course be critical and I would like to see Gerrard playing a more forward role. I'd imagine the common consensus is that keeping it tight, nicking one and holding on to possession to see it out for a sneaky 1-0 is clearly our most obvious route to victory. Been a year since back to back wins in the league, here's hoping we put an end to that stat.

Offline ScouserBrad21

• Kopite
  • Everton are a small club
« Reply #77 on: December 7, 2012, 05:10:46 pm »
PLEASE can people stop mentioning "False number 9" i hate it....thanks :)

True number 9,..

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 7, 2012, 06:23:38 pm »
With SG, Lucas and Dagger rested I am expecting them all to play so think it might be:
                  Reina
Johnno   Srktel  Dagger  Enrique
             Lucas Allen
Sterling   SG   Shelvey  Downing.

A lot of interplay between the top 4.

Will be really tight and WHU will be buzzing after their win against Chelsea.
Hoping for a 1-0 or 2-1 to us. Will be a nice bithday pressie for myself and Sterling...

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #79 on: December 7, 2012, 06:32:36 pm »
i also think sterling will be the lone striker

wisdom at right back johno left back and enrique left wing