Author Topic: Joe Cole  (Read 84701 times)

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Joe Cole - (Panto) Villan
« Reply #680 on: June 10, 2014, 04:57:22 pm »
Had a little look on VIllaTalk, they're all excited he'll play in the hole behind the striker. Bless 'em.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #681 on: June 10, 2014, 04:58:22 pm »
Brilliant title change. Definitely a James work.

Edit: Dammit, it's an SP.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: June 10, 2014, 04:58:51 pm »
Had a little look on VIllaTalk, they're all excited he'll play in the hole behind the striker. Bless 'em.

He'll fill the hole and devour the striker thus playing in two positions at once.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: June 10, 2014, 05:36:31 pm »
I honestly can see it happening,

Those two signings are embarrassing, and the worst thing is you know Smoking Joe will still be on a sizable wage. Albrighton's gone to Leicester on a free who I always thought looked decent and has a fantastic cross/set piece on him.

Last year they stayed up on 36 points and only stayed up because of how utterly shite the 3 teams below them were, and so far they've gotten worse. They've traded a decent 24 year old winger for a 32 year old has-been who hasn't been anything close to resembling a footballer for 7 years now
The fact they basically swapped him for Albrighton makes it twice as bad as he's a much better player than Cole.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #684 on: June 10, 2014, 05:40:38 pm »

He'll fill the hole and devour the striker thus playing in two positions at once.

Surely, you knew this was coming?

At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #685 on: June 10, 2014, 05:54:37 pm »
Oh dear.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #686 on: June 10, 2014, 05:59:55 pm »
RIP villa

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: June 10, 2014, 07:00:25 pm »
Fuck me, I don't know who is in charge at Villa but they should be certified!  Joe Cole! Joe fucking Cole! Utterly bonkers!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #688 on: June 10, 2014, 07:18:49 pm »
Shocked. Theyve played basically, with kids the past 2 seasons. So they now think experience is needed, whos next, Jamie Redknapp?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Joe Cole
« Reply #689 on: May 6, 2016, 02:47:38 pm »
Joe Cole has just signed for Tampa Bay Rowdies, team in the 2nd tier of American football.

I know he has had a good career, won things, earned England caps, made a lot of money, but then I remember how bloody good he was at West Ham, especially in the season before Chelsea signed him. Unbelievably quick, strong, fantastic dribbler, I honestly envied Chelsea for having him.

Sorry to bump this thread, but wanted to write this somewhere and thought this is the most appropriate place.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #690 on: May 6, 2016, 03:42:31 pm »
Aston Villa would have been better off signing a lump of coal.
well they signed a lump anyway

just on a side note i wouldnt get hung up on what he said about us not being a big club at the time or the biggest or whatever. in fairness we were owned at the time by the chuckle brothers and managed by a dinosaur. club was a joke at the time
« Last Edit: May 6, 2016, 03:58:00 pm by Hellrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #691 on: October 23, 2016, 05:00:25 pm »
Joe is nominated for the NASL's (US Div II league) Golden Ball award, awarded to the best player

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-liverpool-midfielder-joe-cole-12048221

“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: November 13, 2018, 11:36:45 am »
retired today

thought he had years ago to be honest

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #693 on: November 13, 2018, 11:38:16 am »
retired today

thought he had years ago to be honest

Around summer of 2010 I thought.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: November 13, 2018, 11:56:29 am »
Around summer of 2010 I thought.
got him for free and we were still ripped off

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: November 13, 2018, 01:30:13 pm »
Even I didn't know he was still playing

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: November 13, 2018, 01:59:00 pm »
Even I didn't know he was still playing
pure negligence

a joe cole is for life, not just for christmas!

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #697 on: November 13, 2018, 03:07:05 pm »
Forgot that he played with Hazard at Lille! Little shit got Hazard to go to Chelsea whilst he was still signed with us.

Hazard: "He said to me before, when we were at Lille: You have to be at Chelsea, because it is the right club for you. I said: OK, Joe, OK, I will go!"

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1062355686389137408

Whilst reading up on him I found this as well! Those post Rafa years really were fucking horrific weren't they.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289019/Joe-Cole-I-wrong-join-Liverpool.html
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: November 13, 2018, 03:37:57 pm »
Farewell Joe, will never forget you standing bent double after running around for 10 minutes. And of course the lovely moment where he had to jump out of a bathroom window to avoid getting battered by Keeley Hazell's boyfriend (um, allegedly).

In all seriousness, he joined us at a really poor time. I'd imagine the Liverpool managed by Hodgson and owned by Hicks & Gillett wasn't a fun place to be for anyone. Enjoy the retirement Joe.
Thank you Jurgen

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #699 on: November 13, 2018, 03:41:38 pm »
He kept the owl in a job for an extra few days, with that last minute winner against Bolton. For that I’ll never forgive him.
AHA!

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #700 on: November 13, 2018, 04:30:45 pm »
Always remember Gerrard comparing him to Messi.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: November 13, 2018, 05:27:19 pm »
I don't mind Joe Cole. He fucked up big time going to Chelsea at that age, he should have gone somewhere where he'd be guaranteed first team football in a role that suited his skillset. Can't blame him I suppose, going to the club he supported as a boy for massive money. Ended up wasting the peak years of his career though in my opinion, even if he does have a few nice medals to show for it.

Always feels a bit weird witnessing the entire career trajectory of a player from hearing in hushed tones about some child prodigy through to retirement. Another reminder of growing old. Can't be too many active players from the 90s left now?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: November 13, 2018, 07:09:27 pm »
He's 10x better.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #703 on: November 13, 2018, 08:09:57 pm »

I’m sure he was talking about the skills he could do with a ball. Got the impression he was referring to training ground stuff/keepy ups etc. Definitely got taken hugely out of context (I hope!).

I’m a bit like Xabi Gerrard. Even when he was at Chelsea he didn’t come across as a twat compared to a lot of them. He was clearly past it when he signed for it and a bit of a lost cause but he always seemed a decent enough bloke (in my expert opinion).

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: November 13, 2018, 08:36:31 pm »
Forgot that he played with Hazard at Lille! Little shit got Hazard to go to Chelsea whilst he was still signed with us.

Hazard: "He said to me before, when we were at Lille: You have to be at Chelsea, because it is the right club for you. I said: OK, Joe, OK, I will go!"

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1062355686389137408

Whilst reading up on him I found this as well! Those post Rafa years really were fucking horrific weren't they.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289019/Joe-Cole-I-wrong-join-Liverpool.html

That’s great, considering his other main option was United what would you prefer?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: November 13, 2018, 09:32:25 pm »
I don't remember him scoring for us at all. But apparently he may have scored 5 (3 PL, 2 Europa).

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #706 on: November 13, 2018, 09:36:11 pm »
I don't remember him scoring for us at all. But apparently he may have scored 5 (3 PL, 2 Europa).

He scored in the home leg of a famous 1-0 against Trabzonspor! And weirdly had a small renaissance under Rodgers, scored at home against Young Boys I think.

In the Premier League he got that last minute winner against Bolton, and I think scored away at West Ham in a 3-2 win under Rodgers. Can’t think of the last goal which is bugging me now!

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #707 on: November 13, 2018, 09:39:46 pm »
Birmingham, when Maxi bagged a hat-trick.
AHA!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #708 on: November 13, 2018, 09:40:24 pm »
He scored in the home leg of a famous 1-0 against Trabzonspor! And weirdly had a small renaissance under Rodgers, scored at home against Young Boys I think.

In the Premier League he got that last minute winner against Bolton, and I think scored away at West Ham in a 3-2 win under Rodgers. Can’t think of the last goal which is bugging me now!

https://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/GoalsPerSeason/1220-120

If you want to stop torturing yourself of course...

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: November 13, 2018, 09:42:32 pm »
I cannot believe I've just seen Nick's signature about Chris Jericho and pyramids. It's brilliant :D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: November 13, 2018, 09:43:05 pm »
That’s great, considering his other main option was United what would you prefer?
You're trying to say the only 2 teams Hazard could have signed for were Chelsea and United? I very much doubt that.
Stan Laurel

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #711 on: November 13, 2018, 09:45:55 pm »
Birmingham, when Maxi bagged a hat-trick.

5 goal under 3 different managers!

I cannot believe I've just seen Nick's signature about Chris Jericho and pyramids. It's brilliant :D

Glad I have some uses!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: November 13, 2018, 09:47:38 pm »
5 goal under 3 different managers!

Glad I have some uses!

;D True, I won't come to you for Joe Cole trivia.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: November 14, 2018, 12:06:28 am »

I'd forgotten (or blanked out) that he was even still here during Brendan's tenure. Anything relating to the owls time here has been severely suppressed.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #714 on: November 14, 2018, 12:15:39 am »
You're trying to say the only 2 teams Hazard could have signed for were Chelsea and United? I very much doubt that.

No, he's saying that he could have signed either for Chris Jericho or the Pyramids...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #715 on: November 14, 2018, 01:53:23 am »
This guy still played football  ;D what a joker

Thought he retired 8 years ago

*shudders*

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: November 14, 2018, 05:15:22 am »
"Messi can do some amazing things, but anything he can do Joe can do as well, if not better"   Steven Gerrard.

Happy retirement Joe Messi.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: November 14, 2018, 10:48:42 am »
No, he's saying that he could have signed either for Chris Jericho or the Pyramids...
AFC Turkish, I'm pretty sure it was you who was using some inside joke on me in a different thread as well you fucker  ;D
Stan Laurel

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #718 on: November 14, 2018, 01:15:21 pm »
AFC Turkish, I'm pretty sure it was you who was using some inside joke on me in a different thread as well you fucker  ;D

Guilty... :D

Not intentional or personal, though, just looking for a way to bring back Andy Hunter's glorious credulity... :wave
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: November 14, 2018, 01:55:27 pm »
Guilty... :D

Not intentional or personal, though, just looking for a way to bring back Andy Hunter's glorious credulity... :wave
It made me laugh both times, even though I had no clue what the hell you were on about!
Stan Laurel