Author Topic: Rafa Benitez, new Chelsea manager  (Read 85512 times)

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rafa Benitez, new Chelsea manager
« Reply #360 on: November 21, 2012, 08:22:30 pm »
"We don't need to give away stupid plastic flags to our fans to wave, our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need. Its the passion of the fans that helps us to win matches, not flags. Chelsea fans lack passion." -RB

There's a reason why some supporters are not too happy.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that is hard to verify there authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

Seriously, do you have anything even resembling a reliable source for that quote?

Because every result I can find for that quote is no more than a couple of hours old.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: November 21, 2012, 08:22:41 pm »
Some of you need to get a fucking grip. 'I feel sick inside'. What the fuck

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: November 21, 2012, 08:22:58 pm »
Gutted.. Would have loved to see him take over at Anfield last summer... Alonso, mascherano, reina, agger, skittle, torres, lucas, momo, arbeloa.... Those were the days my friend.
Best of luck at the plastics.. Hope you win the league.

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #363 on: November 21, 2012, 08:23:35 pm »
The Chelsea and City? jobs will be open at the end of the season

This is Rafa's interview
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #364 on: November 21, 2012, 08:23:50 pm »
Sorry mate, as much as I love the man, he has gone down in my estimation.
How can he accept being the manager of Chelsea?
For the coming 6 months, I do not wish him good luck, since it would mean success for Chelsea.

He's a football manager who signed up to manage a football club. Some of you lot are acting like he's a priest choosing to defecate on the bible. We had our chance to have him manage our club, but we went in a different direction. The only thing Rafa ever owed us was to work his balls off while manager here. I don't think anyone can argue he did otherwise. As he always represented the club with class and dignity and gave his all to our cause, I'll always wish him well in his future ventures. Simple.
Justice For The 96

Offline Nana

• Nacedonian Nastodon
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #365 on: November 21, 2012, 08:23:50 pm »
It's bonkers. They arent out of reach for us if we had an amazing run, highly unlikely but they crashed in the league last season so why not again? I'd rather try and catch them than wishing they win every game. Fucked up, but a lot of people support him rather than the club and city.

http://guardian.touch-line.com/

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:04 pm »
Glad to see Rafa back but I hope he failed miserably at Chelsea ;D
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:07 pm »

Laughed it off this morning, thinking Rafa would never go there for a short term fix. I'm really looking forward to seeing him back in the game proper again - the fact that Chelsea fans are hating it makes it all the more interesting, and keeps the pantomime going.

Rafa must be relishing a challenge and must be using this to get back in touch with day-to-day football management, why else would he join a club with little credibility, bereft of any level of loyalty that has unappreciative senior management and embittered, classless fans.

I’m fairly confident Rafa has more ability to get more out of  the squad, perhaps take to levels they were playing ….er …. 2 months ago when they looked like they were capable of walking the league. But Rafa will be far more strategic than De Matteo and could have that front 3 on fire. The big question is will he get the response needed for the club to progress this season. Will his personality clash with their ego’s? And by “their” I mean any one of about 20 people within the club including the dolt of an owner.

What about the Mr & Mrs Plastics called supporters - those are the c*nts who derided Rafa when they played Everton at Goodison in 2010 by singing “Rafa Benitez we want you to stay” .

Rafa is above the the entire club imo, but fair enough he’s a football man with clearly too few options that suit him. The trouble is he won’t be permitted to get many decisions wrong because the English press are astonished Chelsea sacked a CL winning manager, so any slip ups in the league will be met with criticism by an already sceptical pack.

However, in the grand scheme of things who can blame him for doing it, where else in life do you get offered up to £3m to participate in something you love even if its with an unpalatable partner.

I’d be delighted to see him win the PL above MU, that would be satisfactory for so many reasons including a kick in the bollocks for Ferguson but like everyone I wish Rafa well, but not much success, not with them, they are fuck all to us.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:17 pm »
I think Rafa's been brought in short term to see if he can get the best out of Torres. That's the only rational explanation I can think of for this appointment (on a short term basis, anyway).

Offline massif

• Kemlynite
  • CHELSEA FC
« Reply #369 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:41 pm »
It's as Rafa would say a "fact"

Every manager does a bit of shit talking. It's exactly what you Liverpool fans wanted to hear. I don't blame him for endearing himself to you all.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:54 pm »
In a nutshell, my opinion is: I dont want him to fail. I want rafa to do well and shove the criticisms back down everyones throat and then go on to a better club.

If they win anything it'll be twisted as they've won it in spite of him, and that John Terry and Frank Lampard were really managing behind the scenes.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:57 pm »
from the BBC:

"Chair of the Chelsea Supporters Group, Trizia Fiorellino, on 5 live Sport: "I am gobsmacked. Chelsea pulled the rug from under Roberto Di Matteo, which was just ludicrous. Now they have got in someone of Benitez's calibre, who is a poor manager. Nobody has wanted to employ him for two years. What does that tell you? In England he won two things, both on penalties. Di Matteo did that in 20-odd games, it didn't take four years. Benitez has a propensity for zonal marking, which doesn't work in the Premier League. He is the wrong choice for Chelsea and the fans do not want him."

What have you done Rafa?? This lot dont deserve you and they are a bad bunch sky-whooping ignorant fucktards, I am actually fuming

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #372 on: November 21, 2012, 08:25:17 pm »
Love the man, upmost respect for him as a manager and a man. Look forward to seeing him at Anfield and giving him a big cheer, followed by an even louder cheer for Brendan Rodgers.

Rodgers is our man now. That's how it is.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:27:24 pm by G a r y »

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #373 on: November 21, 2012, 08:25:19 pm »
dignified applause from me, nothing more, nothing less

Will get a good reception at the start no doubt unless theres something riding on the game. Cant imagine anyone would be singing his name or anything though

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: November 21, 2012, 08:25:41 pm »
I hope he has a miserable time, surprised he went there to be honest.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: November 21, 2012, 08:25:48 pm »
Every manager does a bit of shit talking. It's exactly what you Liverpool fans wanted to hear. I don't blame him for endearing himself to you all.

Nah, it wasn't shit talking. He was bang on.

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: November 21, 2012, 08:26:01 pm »
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that is hard to verify there authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

Seriously, do you have anything even resembling a reliable source for that quote?

Because every result I can find for that quote is no more than a couple of hours old.

This is the real quote

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: November 21, 2012, 08:26:03 pm »
Hope he gets a hero's welcome when he returns here, it's a very sad day, cant believe he's at
Chelsea with their gobshite arrogant twat fans. Hopefully by the end of the season, we can move on and accept it that he's not here anymore. Gutted.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: November 21, 2012, 08:26:10 pm »
when he returns to anfield this season what kind of reaction you reckon he will get?
A good one.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: November 21, 2012, 08:26:22 pm »
Well, their visit to Anfield will be interesting. Hopefully he gets a good reception even if he is there to manage the Plastics. Good luck, Rafa, your achievements for this club will not be erased by your temporary stay at Chelsea.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:01:56 pm by sms1986 »

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #380 on: November 21, 2012, 08:26:24 pm »
So what's the John Terry song then?

Since we're all off to support chelsea like  ::)
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline wasp29

• nil satis nisi optiwum
  • Main Stander
  • Evertonian
« Reply #381 on: November 21, 2012, 08:26:43 pm »
Thought he would have had more respect for liverpool.Rafa just sold himself off as a dummy. Short term deal no good for someone expecting respect.Sold out for the $$$ in my opinion.They deserve each other.
COYB

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #382 on: November 21, 2012, 08:26:51 pm »
Most god awful cringeworthy shit I've ever seen on rawk. I feel absolutely sick that we have fans who don't know who to support... Are in tears cos an ex manager has moved on with his life...or want him to do well at Chelsea...

Why the fuck would you want Chelsea to do well Jesus fuckin wept. Please god none of you fuckers ever comes out with this shit if you're standing next to me at the match !

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #383 on: November 21, 2012, 08:27:12 pm »
"We don't need to give away stupid plastic flags to our fans to wave, our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need. Its the passion of the fans that helps us to win matches, not flags. Chelsea fans lack passion." -RB

There's a reason why some supporters are not too happy.

Seen that quote posted a lot today, however, googling it provides no evidence of any such interview in 2007. The only links you will find are from today.

I am prepared to accept that I may be wrong, but could you show me the interview that came from?
We're on our way to glory...

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: November 21, 2012, 08:27:17 pm »
I think Rafa's been brought in short term to see if he can get the best out of Torres. That's the only rational explanation I can think of for this appointment (on a short term basis, anyway).
waiting for Pep arent they, he refuses to come out of his year break
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #385 on: November 21, 2012, 08:27:17 pm »
Don't give two shits about Chelsea or what they do. Liverpool is my team, Brendan Rodgers is our manager and both get my total support.

Rafa was a fantastic manager who deserves his status as one of our best modern day managers. But that's were it ends. The people acting like spoilt brats and scorned lovers need to get a fucking grip. He's part of our past, a glorious past but we all move on.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Bucke

• Custom title
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: November 21, 2012, 08:27:18 pm »
I'm gutted, largely because he is pretty likely to push them on to a higher level
But I hope he does well there, I've still got a lot of love for him regardless of where he is
@johnbuckels

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #387 on: November 21, 2012, 08:27:19 pm »
just fucking lock this shit.

we have a manager get behind him, let rafa get on with his life, couldnt care less if he is a success or not there.

people saying they want him to win everything? why? so you want chelsea to win everything?

honest a god.
How!

White man speak with fork tongue.
Me heap big mini ha-ha rafapool fan. Me many moon hope for many scalp for ferrits mit rafa.
Me no think you have many big love for heap big Rafapool. Many tribe in many moon have many no love for ferrits mit rafa
We no smoke peace pipe, we look scalp ferrits mit and say nay to tribe war, we say what is it good for, absolutely nothing, say it again
say me and two dogs shagging. Smoke pipe, keep warm with squwa an pee in rafapool
Me heap big tribe and elders, back Rodgers Horses, well.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #388 on: November 21, 2012, 08:27:21 pm »

He hardly needed to endear himself to us at that stage he was just stating his mind

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: November 21, 2012, 08:27:30 pm »
from the BBC:

"Chair of the Chelsea Supporters Group, Trizia Fiorellino, on 5 live Sport: "I am gobsmacked. Chelsea pulled the rug from under Roberto Di Matteo, which was just ludicrous. Now they have got in someone of Benitez's calibre, who is a poor manager. Nobody has wanted to employ him for two years. What does that tell you? In England he won two things, both on penalties. Di Matteo did that in 20-odd games, it didn't take four years. Benitez has a propensity for zonal marking, which doesn't work in the Premier League. He is the wrong choice for Chelsea and the fans do not want him."

What have you done Rafa?? This lot dont deserve you and they are a bad bunch sky-whooping ignorant fucktards, I am actually fuming
hahahaha good. Hope his predictions come right. Rafa knows what type of club and fans he's getting involved with. He'll get zero sympathy from me if it goes tits up. My fear is that it fucking won't.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: November 21, 2012, 08:27:32 pm »
Well this'll be interesting.

Offline popeye

• Kemlynite
« Reply #391 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:11 pm »
Had a quick browse of a Chelsea forum to gauge there reaction.  :-[
All i can say is good luck Rafa you'll need it

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:19 pm »
Couldn't resist coming in here for a nose - busiest thread in yrs on here.  Embarrassing some of the posts.  Get a grip ffs.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #393 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:24 pm »
I love the guy, but hate Chelsea. Hopefully he does a good job at Chelsea this year, they replace him with Pep and Rafa goes to a better club with his reputation reinstated.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #394 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:33 pm »
You know it is possible to support Brendan Rodgers, Rafa Benitez and Kenny Dalglish and not feel guilty. I don't buy this, 'if you support Rafa, you don't support Brendan', Rafa and Kenny are legends at this club and Brendan is our manager. I don't support anyone who calls for Brendan's head but then I felt the same about the other two also, it's called loyalty.

LFC had their chance to appoint Rafa when there was a vacancy, there is no vacancy now, we support Brendan and wish Rafa, as an individual, the very best wishes in that shithole down there. Survive mate.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:56 pm »
Why the fuck would you want Chelsea to do well Jesus fuckin wept. Please god none of you fuckers ever comes out with this shit if you're standing next to me at the match !
Beggars belief.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: November 21, 2012, 08:29:04 pm »
Crying more tonight than the day he got fired.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline G8S7

• Legacy Fan
  • At the end of the storm There's a golden sky
« Reply #397 on: November 21, 2012, 08:29:07 pm »
Fuck.  :(

But...
What should he he do? He wanted be back, we didn't show him anything. He had to move on.

Offline jimmymack

• Main Stander
« Reply #398 on: November 21, 2012, 08:29:08 pm »
Congratulations agent Benitez do your worst!!

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: November 21, 2012, 08:29:22 pm »
So glad I kept my Liverpool and Chelsea half and half scarf from 2005.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'