Author Topic: Getting married on Saturday..  (Read 3643 times)

Offline boltongirl

• Speech impaired sworn enemy of Corkboy
  • Main Stander
  • Wanderer
Getting married on Saturday..
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:41:27 pm »
..getting nervous now. Any words of advice?x
"I played for England whilst playing for Bolton, I won the FA Cup with Bolton, I was on the same money as anywhere else and we have the best fans in the world." - Nat Lofthouse

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Re: Getting married on Saturday..
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 03:43:24 pm »
Run!

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 03:45:16 pm »
go out on a weeks bender with your mates,do it...now
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 03:49:54 pm »
Congratulations! Have fun with your friends and family.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 03:55:11 pm »
Yea, wanna last bunk up before you do it. Im STD free and very willing.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 03:59:47 pm »
Yea, wanna last bunk up before you do it. Im STD free and very willing.
*WARNING*

Only part of this statement is true
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 04:01:01 pm »
Sworn enemy of Corkonboy?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 04:35:49 pm »
I be nervous too if I was 24...feck me I did not even know what sort of socks I liked at that age nevermind knowing the lass I want to spend the rest of my life with. Jesus nearly 20 years later I still cant get my sock choice right or even find them...missus wheres my left sock?

You wonder when most here got hitched? I doubt if many lads wanted to walk the walk at 24 thats for sure as I was just out of college and felt some travel / life experiences were ahead of me before I tied the knot and anchor to anyone/any spot. Hope all goes well and I def take Sir Harvest up on his option if I was you :)
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 04:39:06 pm »
Don't complain if all the males go off to watch the footy.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 04:44:26 pm »
Rest assured that what ever happens it won't be as bad as my mate taking a acid trip after the ceremony and then ended up roughing up the brides grandmother trying to get her to dance, then jumping on the DJ's speakers and singing random songs, meaning the party got thrown out early and as all the families and friends were leaving the hotel he ambled down the main staircase with no clothes on thinking and acting like a dog

Funniest thing I've EVER seen in my life
Avoid doing this and you'll be fine

Offline boltongirl

• Main Stander
  • Wanderer
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 04:55:12 pm »
Haha, thanks for the advice.. Well i'm 24 and he's 29.. Been together over 6 years and engaged for 4 so it's the right time. =)
"I played for England whilst playing for Bolton, I won the FA Cup with Bolton, I was on the same money as anywhere else and we have the best fans in the world." - Nat Lofthouse

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 04:56:09 pm »
My advice is if you've got even the slightest doubt, don't do it!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline boltongirl

• Main Stander
  • Wanderer
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 04:57:43 pm »
My advice is if you've got even the slightest doubt, don't do it!

No doubts.. Love him to pieces =)

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 04:58:22 pm »
Do you have any Russian in you?

Would you like one?

No, but really, get pissed up before you do it, does wonders for cold feet. Can't count how many times I've gotten engaged on the piss.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 05:10:27 pm »
I got married in August, and I'm only 25 ;D

It was a lovely day - my advice would be to not worry too much about it! If a few little things go wrong, it really doesn't matter.

You get to spend a day with all of your friends and family, all of whom are having a great time and wishing you well. The day will fly by, make sure to enjoy it!

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 05:10:41 pm »

What time have i got to be at the church?  Is there beer? Can i bring pasties?
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 05:29:01 pm »
Don't do it!
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 06:08:05 pm »
What are you nervous about? I've genuinely never understood people saying this ahead of their wedding. You have to repeat some words and smile till your face feels numb, as far as I can tell.

Hope you have a great day, anyway :wave

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 08:20:27 pm »
Congrats, the day will hopefully fly by and you won't even have a chance to enjoy your party and will be too tired to do anything afterwards. Nothing to be nervous about, the party starts in the honey moon.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 08:25:43 pm »
I hope all RAWK members are invited to the 'do'. :wave :wave
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 08:31:38 pm »
I was married in July and honestly, hand on heart it was the worst thing I've ever done. Don't do it.

;)

Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Offline boltongirl

• Main Stander
  • Wanderer
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 11:20:40 pm »
Hi, I'm nervous because I have a horrible feeling I'm going to fall over! We're not going on honeymoon until next year, hoping for Italy though! Wish I'd booked the week off work but hey ho.

I will make sure I post a picture for all you RAWKers - well, the ones who are interested! :)

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 11:22:08 pm »
Hi, I'm nervous because I have a horrible feeling I'm going to fall over! We're not going on honeymoon until next year, hoping for Italy though! Wish I'd booked the week off work but hey ho.

I will make sure I post a picture for all you RAWKers - well, the ones who are interested! :)

All the best... hope you have a wonderful day.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012, 11:33:12 pm »

Congrats. Is it Mouth?
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Zanchent

• Sole creator and only disciple to the brand new yet enchanting, charming, one might say "revolutionary", religion known, quite unpredictably, as Zanchentism. It's like Zen, only not.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 11:33:22 pm »
Met him at 18?

Thanks, you've just made us all realise how failing our love lives are :wave

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 11:35:07 pm »

That's great.  Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials then.  Hope you have a long and happy relationship together :)
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 11:35:32 pm »
Should I buy a new suit?

Congrats though.  :wave

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 12:55:30 am »
Pics please :wave
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 03:14:28 am »
RIP YNWA
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 04:05:35 am »
Met him at 18?

Thanks, you've just made us all realise how failing our love lives are :wave

I know, right? Fucking hate it when other people are happy.  :no

Offline boltongirl

• Main Stander
  • Wanderer
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 07:42:15 am »
Met him at 17 =)

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 08:35:20 am »
ea pics. Preferably of the wedding night. Failing that can i goose one of the bridemaids?

Seriously, i hope you have a great day. Good luck.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 09:25:21 am »
Don't stress about what the guests think on the day. It is your day, enjoy it. Ultimately all the stresses about the arrangements, the seating plans and all of that stuff is pretty inconsequential. Be selfish, enjoy it. Hopefully it will be the only time you do this, so make the most it. All the miserable buggers will have plenty of other weddings to grumble their way through.

Offline SuperScouse

• Anny Roader
  • Walk on through the wind
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2012, 04:43:32 pm »
Married 2 months ago...nerves were absolutely shot right up until the ceremony started. Thought I was going to pass out. But after that, it all went well. Remember to grab 5 minutes for a breather every now and then, the day will take a lot out of you. Good luck

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 06:35:14 pm »
Dont stress about the day. Dont try and get round to talk to your guests, you'll never have time to do it, let them come and find you.  The main thing is, its your day, not anyone elses so try and relax and enjoy it.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline boltongirl

• Main Stander
  • Wanderer
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 07:52:20 pm »
Thanks guys xx

Offline Tricia Dingle

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 09:46:25 pm »
I'm a best man on Saturday. I've put together most of my speech but I'm in desperate need of an opening gag. I've trawled the internet and only found stuff I've heard a million times before and now I'm shittin one. Any ideas?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 09:53:26 pm »
Congrats Boltongirl and have a great day. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kop202

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 10:07:40 pm »

Congrats boltongirl! Italy next year? What about a romantic trip to the Venice area in the first week of December?

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 10:48:11 pm »
I'm a best man on Saturday. I've put together most of my speech but I'm in desperate need of an opening gag. I've trawled the internet and only found stuff I've heard a million times before and now I'm shittin one. Any ideas?

I used this "this is the second time today I've risen from a warm seat with a piece of paper in my hand". Got some good laughs