Author Topic: Preview: Liverpool FC v Swansea City, Capital One Cup 4th Round, 31st Oct, 20.00  (Read 46632 times)

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Swansea look full strength

So were West Brom if I remember correctly.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Posted at 2:40 pm today

True. If one looks hard enough or has the right mates,  ;) , one can usually get the line up before kickoff.

Tonight's allegedly might be baring last minute knocks:
Jones, Robinson, Coates, Carra, Henderson, Allen, Shelvey, Cole, Downing, Assaidi and Yesil.

Maybe i should be an ITK... :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Thats a good team for Swansea, this will be a good test for the ressies.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
Was hoping Allen could be given a rest. But Cole aside, what I expected.

Surprised Sahin isn't in the team nor on the bench. He only played 45 min at the weekend and Allen took a beating from Fellani...

Online exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

True. If one looks hard enough or has the right mates,  ;) , one can usually get the line up before kickoff.

Jones, Robinson, Coates, Carra, Henderson, Allen, Shelvey, Cole, Downing, Assaidi and Yesil.

Or one of those crazy birds at the fairground with a crystal guesser.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR

Swansea team (vs Liverpool):Tremmel, Tiendalli, Williams, Chico, Richards, Britton, de Guzman, Ki, Dyer, Hernandez, Michu

Other than Vorm, that is pretty much full strength.

Could see this going the way of the Reading-Arsenal match, obviously without the high scoring but I could see Swansea outplaying us early on and taking a lead which would have to make us bring on Suarez and Gerrard later on. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
Very interesting line up.  Let's do this! Yesil brace wins us it ;)

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Djibrilliant's information was correct as usual on the lineup.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
This'll be the first time I get a good look at that Michu lad. Good reputation and good record.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Joe Cole. Oh dear

Henderson at right back though. I think he'd be a brilliant full back
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
Michu is so good, excited to see how he plays in a full game. Numerous broadsheets reported that we bid 3 million for Dempsey, but for 2 million Michu was available and he has the same goal tally as Suarez from midfield...

Online exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Step one of Joe Cole's redemption tonight.

Offline Swansea Red

• Stuck in no mans land
  • Kopite
  • Leave Swansea Red alone!
Joe Cole. Oh dear

Give Cole a chance, he hasn't had enough opportunities under Rodgers.

Offline Reepicheep

• Main Stander
  • This is where we fight! This is where they die!
More tham a wee bit nervous now.Strong side out by laudrap, and i worry that allen wont be enough of a shield in front of our backline...but I back us reds to win this 2-1.Come on you red men!!!!
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan

It would be nice to have him in some sort of form. We need bodies in the team who can play!

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Here's to hoping for a pleasant surprise from Joe Cole.

And a couple goals for Yesil.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.

Swansea team (vs Liverpool):Tremmel, Tiendalli, Williams, Chico, Richards, Britton, de Guzman, Ki, Dyer, Hernandez, Michu

Going to be difficult for our backups to beat their team.

Who'll play as their striker with no Graham? Michu?

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

haha, I posted that team at about 3pm yesterday ;)

Can't wait now.  Quarters after this is it?

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
Who'll play as their striker with no Graham? Michu?

Yeah Michu played up front against City at the weekend with de Guzman supporting
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.

He could be a great option there when teams park the bus at Anfield. Unfortunately I think Swansea will attack his wing from the off, will be an interesting night for him. I'm sure he's just delighted to be playing though.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
Can't find highlights for the Cup games on tv guide anywhere!?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Unlikely and frankly we don't need him. Anyway looking forward to seeing Yesil again.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can't find highlights for the Cup games on tv guide anywhere!?

11:15 BBC1

Offline 6thSense

• 6th Sense? Nonsense more like.
  • Anny Roader
  • stadium work is gonna start in the summer of 2014
I am the biggest supporter of Reina there is, but I've been pleasantly surprised with Jones. More than likely Jones would have played this one regardless of Pepe's fitness so I don't think we should be too worried. If anything the competition will do him good so I'm glad Jones is starting.

Fair enough mate. It's interesting that our new goalie coach hasn't worked out for Pepe but Brad has improved no end.

Mancs do switch 'keepers very often and I think it's a good idea. With Doni coming back I'm sure we'll have a good competition for that spot.

Well I'd have to say Vorm is better than Pepe, so I'd say it is.
It's a bold statement mate to be honest. I'm slightly worried Vorm is a bit short and Light weight for PL..
I never single out players for criticism - but there's no need tonight, because we were uniformly awful.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
Noones mentioning the german.  Reckon he could blossom tonight, with the right support. 
dios esta buena

Offline Skagen

• Hard for Hodgson
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Its a bit weird that we are resting the kids for these games. And letting the older ones get a run out.

hmm, who would have thought that for a while a go.
“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.”

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
Swansea are almost full strength, while we are almost all res.

Could get ugly and Swansea can quickly get their first win at Anfield
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline totalimmortal

• Anny Roader
Since it doesn't look like it's been posted, Soccernet has the bench being Danny Ward (GK), Skrtel, Wisdom, Gerrard, Sterling, Suarez, and Suso. I hope none of them have to come on, because they all need a rest (barring Ward and, to a lesser extent, Suso).
All i want to see is Agger on the team sheet and scoring 6 goals with each one celebrated by punching the reporters in the face with his YNWA tattoo.

Offline iRed

• Kopite
Don't understand why Suso isn't starting in a central midfield role tonight.  It's his best position, by far, and he would boss the game with Allen alongside.

He won't be tired from the weekend, only played a half.

Why rest Suso just to start him in a position that doesn't suit his strengths?

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That's the fucking spirit! Depressing.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bizarre that Sahin isn't even on the bench, hopefully we don't see Gerrard or Suarez for more than 30 minutes if they need to be brought on.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Will that be Cole playing in the middle... or some kind of free role for him? Interesting if so.

Offline 6thSense

• 6th Sense? Nonsense more like.
  • Anny Roader
  • stadium work is gonna start in the summer of 2014

Sorry mate can you copy and paste both lineups and benches pls? I havent seen that yet cause I'm cooking. Still believe we have a good panel of players to choose from. Hope Yesil starts and he has a decent support from our midfield.
I never single out players for criticism - but there's no need tonight, because we were uniformly awful.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
This could be really tough looking at those teams.

Offline Exiled109er

• Anny Roader
  • Militant Internet Terrorist #469132

Spot on!
Expose the lies before Thatcher dies.  JFT96

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
 LINE-UPS - Liverpool v Swansea (20:00 GMT)

Liverpool: Jones, Henderson, Carragher, Coates, Robinson, Allen, Shelvey, Downing, Cole, Assaidi, Yesil. Subs: Ward, Suarez, Gerrard, Fernandez Saez, Sterling, Skrtel, Wisdom.

Swansea: Tremmel, Chico, Richards, Williams, Tiendalli, Hernandez, Britton, Ki, Dyer, de Guzman, Michu. Subs: Cornell, Graham, Routledge, Monk, Shechter, Agustien, Davies.

Referee: Lee Probert (Wiltshire)

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
looking forward to this..should be good game,exciting  looking team out.
cmon redmen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
bollocks

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan

Twitter is right

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Fair enough mate. It's interesting that our new goalie coach hasn't worked out for Pepe but Brad has improved no end.

Mancs do switch 'keepers very often and I think it's a good idea. With Doni coming back I'm sure we'll have a good competition for that spot.
It's a bold statement mate to be honest. I'm slightly worried Vorm is a bit short and Light weight for PL..

He's cost us a goal in a good percentage of the games he's played, so he can't have improved that much. He's always got a mistake in him. Ability wise he's not a bad goalkeeper, he's just error prone. That's why he's a number 2/3 at Liverpool.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
There should be goals in this. For both sides.