Author Topic: The Republic of Ireland Football Thread (Not A Home Nation)  (Read 245292 times)

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Re: The Republic of Ireland Football Thread
« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2012, 01:15:45 pm »
Haven't watched Coleman this season.
Is starting ahead of Tony Hibbert now, set up a very good goal two weeks ago, had a poor game against Leeds in the league cup, but has played well in all other games. As far as Coleman is concerned overall I think Trap knows about as much as you.
You and me both.
No place for Cox than, you're a treater to the cause.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2012, 01:16:00 pm »
Lot of Irish fans on here as deluded as Everton fans. We have a shite team with shite players who ply their trade at some of the worst teams in English football. Trapatoni is'nt perfect but he has preformed miracles with the rubbish we have. The man is more than alright in my book.
Robbie Fowler is God

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #282 on: October 11, 2012, 01:21:30 pm »
And hope Lee Mason or someone equally strong is the ref?
and Howard Webb as 4th official
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #283 on: October 11, 2012, 01:23:13 pm »
As far as Coleman is concerned overall I think Trap knows about as much as you. No place for Cox than, you're a treater to the cause.
Little bit of respect wouldn't go astray.

I'm a treater to the cause? I'm not familiar with this phrase....

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #284 on: October 11, 2012, 01:31:44 pm »
I'm a treater to the cause? I'm not familiar with this phrase....
Typo

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #285 on: October 11, 2012, 01:33:33 pm »
Tiki Taka ftw

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #286 on: October 11, 2012, 01:40:10 pm »
Lot of Irish fans on here as deluded as Everton fans. We have a shite team with shite players who ply their trade at some of the worst teams in English football. Trapatoni is'nt perfect but he has preformed miracles with the rubbish we have. The man is more than alright in my book.
We have better players available than those that Trapp throws out on the pitch, we always have had. Not world beaters mind you, but better than this.

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #287 on: October 11, 2012, 02:01:01 pm »
Darron Gibson has already shown why he wasn't a regular for Ireland, he doesn't have the fight. As for McCarthy, his time seems to be coming. Wes Hoolahan isn't a Trap type player, so that's that sorted.

Haven't watched Coleman this season, but he was poor last season. Agreed, and I've always said, Long should be starting.

What the hell are you talking about. Darron gibson is a central midfielder for an everton team that have gone like a train since he signed for them. The idea that paul Green was brought on ahead of him at the european championships, and that he didn't get a single minute of game time, when it was obvious that things weren't....going well, is insane.  and McCarthy's time was here 18 months ago. Also the idea that trap can't think of a single use for a skilful midfielder like houlihan, who can link midfield and attack, and control the attacking play, and keep the ball is just worrying in the extreme. 

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: October 11, 2012, 02:10:32 pm »
What the hell are you talking about. Darron gibson is a central midfielder for an everton team that have gone like a train since he signed for them. The idea that paul Green was brought on ahead of him at the european championships, and that he didn't get a single minute of game time, when it was obvious that things weren't....going well, is insane.  and McCarthy's time was here 18 months ago. Also the idea that trap can't think of a single use for a skilful midfielder like houlihan, who can link midfield and attack, and control the attacking play, and keep the ball is just worrying in the extreme.

Gio told Gibson, a couple of years ago, that he needed to be playing regular football. At the time, Gibson was with Man U, and had the opportunity to move to Sunderland. A fee was agreed between the two clubs, Steve Bruce was keen to get him signed, but Gibson was too busy thinking with his pockets, and Bruce pulled the plug on the move, when Gibson wouldn't lower his financial demands.

That tells us all we need to know about Darron.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: October 11, 2012, 02:31:13 pm »
He tends to ignore this kind of stuff

Maybe not...

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: October 11, 2012, 02:41:47 pm »
I'll be there tomorrow evening, supporting the men on the pitch, representing my country.
Well arent you the noble soldier, I'll be there as well arsewipe
Yous two should really have a meet up

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #293 on: October 11, 2012, 03:01:03 pm »
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5k5km_fighting-irish-bare-knuckle-travell_sport

I kind of pictured them both eating ice cream and taking a horse and cart ride together around Stephens green

Pair of diva's :P
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: October 11, 2012, 03:07:22 pm »
I kind of pictured them both eating ice cream and taking a horse and cart ride together around Stephens green

Pair of diva's :P
hahahaha

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 11, 2012, 03:09:10 pm »
KERRYKOP and Anywhichway meet up at the game

Thats Anywhichway in the check jacket and Aran jumper, the stylish dapper twat

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #296 on: October 11, 2012, 03:09:42 pm »
Anywhichwayucan should be easy enough to spot in a crowd - even if there will be 60k there. Style like his cannot be replicated.

And KERRYKOP will be the troubador with the guitar.

I hope they'll be very happy together.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: October 11, 2012, 03:15:50 pm »
Everton's Seamus Coleman has been given a starting place in the Republic of Ireland defence for tomorrow's World Cup qualifier against Germany at the Aviva.

Giovanni Trapattoni named the side this afternoon and said he would decide the formation on the pitch, but it looks like he will play a 4-3-3 formation with Stoke's Jon Walters as the lone striker with Aiden McGeady and Simon Cox on the wings.

Sunderland defender John O'Shea will captain the side from the centre of defence alonside Darren O'Dea with Coleman and Stephen Ward as full backs.

Wigan's James McCarthy and Birmingham's Keith Fahey play alongside Keith Andrews who returns to complete the side in midfield.

Ireland (v Germany): Westwood, Coleman, O'Shea (captain), O'Dea, Ward, McCarthy, Andrews, Fahey, McGeady, Walters, Cox

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/coleman-starts-for-ireland-570203.html

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: October 11, 2012, 03:16:31 pm »
Now, you all have your sexy formation.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #299 on: October 11, 2012, 03:38:51 pm »
Good enough side, thank God Robbie got injured, still no place for Long as expected.  Now in the unlikely event we have the ball for any event of time lets try and not play cuntish football.

KERRYKOP and Anywhichway meet up at the game

Is that new rope tied around his waste? What a greenhorn.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: October 11, 2012, 03:40:16 pm »
hahahahahha

is the german team in?

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #301 on: October 11, 2012, 03:55:30 pm »
Jesus that's a woeful team. Apart from Long, who should definitely be starting, and maybe a traffic cone in for Stephen Ward, there wasn't many other options, though.

At least Lahm, Hummels and Gomez are missing. Angela Merkel's boys are going to get a hell of a beating.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #302 on: October 11, 2012, 03:56:41 pm »
hahahahahha

is the german team in?
No, they probably wont release their team until just before kick off, like any normal side would.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: October 11, 2012, 03:57:39 pm »
No, they probably wont release their team until just before kick off, like any normal side would.
i thought there was some sort of deadline or some such?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #304 on: October 11, 2012, 03:58:17 pm »
there wasn't many other options, though.
I might have Ciaran Clark in instead of O'Dea, I just might.
i thought there was some sort of deadline or some such?
Haha, no, just us I think, remember he was releaseing the team days before the games at the euro's
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:59:51 pm by KERRYKOP »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: October 11, 2012, 03:59:35 pm »
I might have Ciaran Clark in instead of O'Dea, I just might.
O' Dea was excellent in his last game.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: October 11, 2012, 04:00:19 pm »
Think Trap needs to retire. Won't solve our problems, but still want him to fuck off.
Have a word.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: October 11, 2012, 04:02:39 pm »
With who?

Whoever you get your gear from.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #308 on: October 11, 2012, 04:03:11 pm »
I dont even know what to say to that.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: October 11, 2012, 04:03:51 pm »
I dont even know what to say to that.
Maybe excellent was OTT, but he was solid.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: October 11, 2012, 04:05:29 pm »
Well, if you want to be managed by someone who basically thinks we're all special needs, so be it.

Someone delete this comment, please.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #311 on: October 11, 2012, 04:05:57 pm »

I always imagine the latter part of his name to be pronounced like the 'kea' in Ikea.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #312 on: October 11, 2012, 04:12:10 pm »
Maybe excellent was OTT, but he was solid.
Against the might of Kazakhstan, sweet Jesus you have sunk to new depths. 

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: October 11, 2012, 04:14:01 pm »
Because it's a different opinion from yours? Yep, delete it.

As you can see, I've been discussing things with people who disagree with me all morning, but yes, the reason I want it deleted is because you disagree with me.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: October 11, 2012, 04:15:08 pm »
Against the might of Kazakhstan, sweet Jesus you have sunk to new depths.
He can only play against who he is selected to play against, and when he plays against better opposition, such as tomorrow night, we'll be able to better gauge his level of ability.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #315 on: October 11, 2012, 04:16:19 pm »
Well, if you want to be managed by someone who basically thinks we're all special needs, so be it.

Have you ever won League titles in 4 different countries and a European cup to boot?

My guess is you haven't, therefore you're not really in a position to accuse one who has as treating his players as special need cases

I mean, its a bit like Eamon Dunphy accusing Sile Seoige of being an ugly looking trollop.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 11, 2012, 04:16:29 pm »
Now, you all have your sexy formation.

We'll get tanked by four or five and then Trap can say "told you so", the wiley old fox.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #317 on: October 11, 2012, 04:17:55 pm »
I can't wait until Trappatoni is gone. I'll still go to the games and support the team, but there is only so long you can keep paying money to go and watch abject performances like we put in at the Euros. Hopefully we at least put up a bit of fight tomorrow, but I am not overly hopeful.

And fuck any jumped up little gobshites, who love the smell of their own farts, having a go because some people are sick of the direction the team seems to be heading.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #318 on: October 11, 2012, 04:38:25 pm »
I don't know. There is clearly an argument for Trap's track record and the fact that he got us to Euro 2012.

But  is this what you want from the national team? Personally, I want a manager who believes in his players.
I can't stand watching our team play these days, and for many years now. Staunton, then Trapp... christ on a bike!

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: October 11, 2012, 06:54:02 pm »
And fuck any jumped up little gobshites, who love the smell of their own farts, having a go because some people are sick of the direction the team seems to be heading.

You're not happy about heading to Rio?