Author Topic: Lego Batman 2  (Read 1910 times)

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Lego Batman 2
« on: July 2, 2012, 06:06:47 pm »
Anyone got this?

Been reading rave reviews of it everywhere, saying its really good for kids and adults. Has a massive openworld gotham sandbox with vehilces etc, GTA style, and you can unlock loads of characters.

Anyone?
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
Re: Lego Batman 2
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2012, 06:09:31 pm »
Had a play of it in a mates. Didn't really do any open world stuff but enjoyed the story 'missions' as i do with generally all the Lego games. Voice acting is good too which is nice as I was worried about it with the usual silent cut scenes having great charm in previous games

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2012, 07:49:38 pm »
Had a play of it in a mates. Didn't really do any open world stuff but enjoyed the story 'missions' as i do with generally all the Lego games. Voice acting is good too which is nice as I was worried about it with the usual silent cut scenes having great charm in previous games

Cool, i think ill get it for myself and for when the nephew comes over
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2012, 08:25:14 pm »
Notion of Lego games doesn't appeal to me, at all.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4 on: July 2, 2012, 08:29:17 pm »
Then you're missing out as they're great fun

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #5 on: July 2, 2012, 08:34:42 pm »
Then you're missing out as they're great fun
Aye, the missus loves them. I've tried a few of them but the interest just isn't there.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #6 on: July 4, 2012, 08:39:38 am »
Waiting for the Lord of the Rings one later this year
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: July 4, 2012, 09:20:31 am »
This looks good fun, hoping to pick up soon.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #8 on: July 4, 2012, 09:22:43 am »
Much better than Lego Batman which was my least favourite of the Lego games. Still weird hearing the characters talk.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #9 on: July 4, 2012, 09:47:01 am »
My kids are looking forward to this one once they've completed Lego H.Potter.  I'm sure I'll enjoy "helping" them.

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
« Reply #10 on: July 4, 2012, 11:09:55 am »
'Tis jolly good funny.

HP Years 5-7 just edges it for me, but Batman 2 is good fun. Superman for the win.
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline Calciumee

• Kemlynite
« Reply #11 on: July 4, 2012, 12:13:47 pm »
I will get hold of this when the price comes down a bit!

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12 on: July 4, 2012, 03:34:08 pm »
Yeh I rented this too, enjoying it at the minute. Love flying around as superman though!
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 5, 2012, 01:54:56 am »
I absolutely love the idea of Lego games, but I just can't ever get into them. I think its the problem solving things, walking around for ages to trying to find the path to move the story forward and the having to switch to characters who have different attributes to complete the challenges. I say this full in the knowledge that they are kids games, will give this a go when the price comes down though!

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 5, 2012, 08:30:23 am »
Its really impressive. first lego game ive bought. waiting to open the free roam bit.

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 5, 2012, 05:25:40 pm »
Do people religiously collect the studs or do they just do what I do and not care about them?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #16 on: July 5, 2012, 08:34:55 pm »
Do people religiously collect the studs or do they just do what I do and not care about them?

I unlock levels on the first play without being anal about studs. Then I replay the levels looking for the treasures ( or whatever they have been rechristened as in Batman) and try and get the studs then.

Once you get the treasure multipliers the studs cease being a problem.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 5, 2012, 09:03:25 pm »
Got this for my girlfriend. She loves it.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 07:17:47 pm »

Basically what SP said. Just go through all the levels to unlock the freeplay. Most of the unlockables are only available on freeplay. Again, when you unlock the stud multipliers it's easy to get the 'superhero'. My kid is an impatient fucker though and made me get the cheats for these. Almost completed it now. Just some Gold Bricks, minikits and characters left. Although having trouble with the gold bricks. We have 180 and havent found one in a while
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 08:04:51 pm »
My kids are looking forward to this one once they've completed Lego H.Potter.  I'm sure I'll enjoy "helping" them.

Brilliant how technology evolves but the concept is timeless.

I remember being a wee lad and my mum sending me off to bed under threats only to be found sitting and playing with my legos the moment I was under covers.  :)