Author Topic: Dani Pacheco  (Read 93243 times)

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Dani Pacheco
« on: June 26, 2012, 04:19:59 am »
As all other threads are locked....

with kuyt gone, Maxi waving goodbye and now Bellamy linked with a move away to his native Cardiff, we are seeing a potential exodus of our older wide forwards from Anfield. In terms of players we have here to play these positions we have, Raheem stirling, possibly suso...so no-one really engrained in the seinor team. Suarez could be counted but we will have to see how rodgers sets his team up. But i think in light of possibly the 3 older lads leaving it could pave the way for the return of Dani.

We have seen that he is back in the country after returning from loan, and is in constant banter with the liverpool boys such as Glen and Suso. He impressed me with his loan spell at norwich, but seems to have been left in the dark this year with injury and clashes with coaching staff. (personally im not looking too much into what happened this year as can sometimes happen decent footballers become frozen out of teams for non-footballing reasons eg: Sigurdson at Hoffenheim).

I think the lad is now of the age where he can step up and fulfill his potential, and i believe he will enjoy playing under rodgers and his style.

Im  sure we will see him feature during pre season and hope the lad takes his chance now that some of the older lads have departed or seemingly are about to.

In terms of FSG and moneyball it would also make sense for him to stay and see what he has to offer as his value would be rock bottom right now.

I say get him in and around the first team and give him till the new year to see what he has to offer.

but hey, thats just my 2 cents!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=bGpTOF4uq4w&NR=1
just to remind us of what he did at norwich...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:55:20 pm by Southern Pansy »

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
Re: pacheco
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:44:11 am »
The fact that he couldn't get a game at Rayo speaks volumes to me. Would love him to prove himself under Rodgers but I don't know if he'll be given a chance.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 05:04:41 am »
I don't think we can take anything for granted. So far we've lost Kuyt but that's it. We've still got Maxi, Bellamy, Cole, Downing, Pacheco, Sterling & Suso. None of them IMO are nailed on starters and other than Sterling none are a certainty to remain at the club (Suso has one year on his contract).

I wouldn't bet against Pacheco getting game time in the preseason and if he performs well I certainly would love to see him get a couple of starts in the Carlington Cup or Europa League. There's definately some concerns over his lack of appearances at Rayo but i'm hoping that was just an aberation. I was super excited about him after the U19 Euro's a couple of years ago and hope he can kick on from that and be more than just a flash in the pan.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 05:08:07 am »
IMO, if he works hard in the training, I can see him flourishing under Rodgers.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline swell

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 05:29:06 am »
I think the europa league will be a great opportunity for him to restart his career

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 06:29:37 am »
I really hope Rodgers gives him a proper chance in pre-season, the lad's got so much talent as well as very astute footballing brain, I'm still sure he'll eventually flourish somewhere.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline dotheoffski

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 09:02:48 am »
The fact that he couldn't get a game at Rayo speaks volumes to me. Would love him to prove himself under Rodgers but I don't know if he'll be given a chance.

Have to agree with this.  Norwich made no effort to sign him long term, Rayo hardly played him so are we the fans missing something? 

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
pacheco
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 09:10:01 am »
Hope he gets a chance In pre-season. Then we'll see...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 09:12:14 am »
Have to agree with this.  Norwich made no effort to sign him long term, Rayo hardly played him so are we the fans missing something?

I thought I remember reading Norwich were after him again at one point but for one reason or another it never happened.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 09:12:53 am »

Similar to the reasoning for Insua's removal, just as a year later we're looking for an attacking LB as we have none in the squad. Dunno about Rayo's and Norwich's squads, but our squad, which has long been light in quality in wide attackers, is now getting light in numbers too. Get rid of youngster in a position where we're short, play the season and find that we are short in that position after all, spend the next summer looking for squad filler in that position whom we'll eventually sign at 3-4m more than we got for the youngster and for twice the wages, and probably nearing the end of his top division career as well.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 09:21:02 am »

Yep, Emilliano 'couldnt even get a game at Galatasary' Insua.

Selling him worked out for the best didn't it. Left us with a crock as our player to challenge Enrique for that LB slot. And when Enrique was in poor form and needed to be dropped we had nobody to come in for him.

Meanwhile Insua goes on to prove that he is in fact a very good young player and Sporting got him for a song.

Offline mysterio_86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 09:25:12 am »
Similar to the reasoning for Insua's removal, just as a year later we're looking for an attacking LB as we have none in the squad. Dunno about Rayo's and Norwich's squads, but our squad, which has long been light in quality in wide attackers, is now getting light in numbers too. Get rid of youngster in a position where we're short, play the season and find that we are short in that position after all, spend the next summer looking for squad filler in that position whom we'll eventually sign at 3-4m more than we got for the youngster and for twice the wages, and probably nearing the end of his top division career as well.

Yeah we are destroying another youngster with BRITISH IS OUR SAVIOR philosophy! Kenny fucked up big time on Insua and hope Rodgers give this kid sometime before he makes up his mind.
Sebastion Coates, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Samed Yesil, SinclairSama, Smichael Ngoo, Sryan McLaughlin, Sjordan Ibe, - The S Law

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 09:25:15 am »
I must say i like the kid, would love him to thrive under rodgers, but for some reason i just cant see it. he's been given the chance time and time again and yet he only gets one game to show what he's worth.. rarely gets a few games in a row (which i think he may need to get his confidence up)

Hes quick, skillful but there must be something missing if the managers never give him a second look in.

On the bright side, he is still only 21.
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline mysterio_86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 09:27:24 am »
Meanwhile Insua goes on to prove that he is in fact a very good young player and Sporting got him for a song.

Sporting fans are all gaga over him and he has already become a fan favorite, and believe he will end up at big club with SPorting making a lot of money
Sebastion Coates, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Samed Yesil, SinclairSama, Smichael Ngoo, Sryan McLaughlin, Sjordan Ibe, - The S Law

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 09:31:11 am »
I thought I remember reading Norwich were after him again at one point but for one reason or another it never happened.

It was because they couldn't afford to buy him, but already had too many loaned players to get another one I think

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 09:41:38 am »
Yeah we are destroying another youngster with BRITISH IS OUR SAVIOR philosophy! Kenny fucked up big time on Insua and hope Rodgers give this kid sometime before he makes up his mind.
It was Purslow who got rid of him, right? Hodge Podge didn't even get much of a say

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 09:48:08 am »
It was Purslow who got rid of him, right? Hodge Podge didn't even get much of a say

Purslow loaned him when Hodgson was here, Kenny sold him last summer.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 09:56:39 am »

what about the fact that he gets games with U-21 spanish national team? does that fact counts?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:59:24 am by Vidocq »
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 10:08:15 am »
Purslow loaned him when Hodgson was here, Kenny sold him last summer.

No, he is still a Liverpool players, just out on loan.  Atheltico have an option to buy.

Pacheco suffered from the sacking of Rafa and would probably be a first team player by now in the right hands.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 10:10:05 am »
No, he is still a Liverpool players, just out on loan.  Atheltico have an option to buy.

Pacheco suffered from the sacking of Rafa and would probably be a first team player by now in the right hands.
I was talking about Insua. but i think it was Kenny alright

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 10:11:12 am »
He would appear to be a Rodgers type player if there is such a thing. Barcelona coached isnt he?

As far as the Rayo adventure goes, as interesting a club as they are, there were all manner of things going off their last season. I'm not entirely sure how to judge his period there.

He is a very technical player, coming back to a very technical manager and presumably a more possession based type of football.

Clean slates and all that, it may be a big year for young Danni. However, a year back in spain wont have helped him really, he didnt play, and seemed to love being back in his own country, amongst family and friends.Was a very strnage move what with Atletico taking him and then shipping him straight out.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 10:13:17 am »

Insua mate, not Pacheco.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 10:16:47 am »
I'd be extremely surprised if he was still a Liverpool player on the 31st August and even more surprised if he gets any first team games this season.

But of course there will always be those who will cling onto his reserve / spain under 19 performances as some sort of evidence of ability whilst ignoring or excusing his relatively poor showings when playing for us, or for Norwich or for Rayo.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 10:25:43 am »
I'd be extremely surprised if he was still a Liverpool player on the 31st August and even more surprised if he gets any first team games this season.

But of course there will always be those who will cling onto his reserve / spain under 19 performances as some sort of evidence of ability whilst ignoring or excusing his relatively poor showings when playing for us, or for Norwich or for Rayo.

I'm pointing to our 1st team squad actually, in particular to the wide attackers we have. Or more relevantly, the wide attackers we don't have. It's why Mr Dilkington in his thread thinks Eccleston might have the clearest route to a 1st team squad place. Because we're so short of numbers there. If we have noone in a position, then by definition anyone we might get in that position is good enough for Liverpool. Unless we plan on playing without someone in that position. Just to use Insua's example again, it's why Purslow's efforts to offload him to Fiorentina left us with a 16 year old as the most senior LB at the club. Not good enough, get rid, without a thought about what that leaves us with in the squad.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 10:26:59 am »
If Pacheco stays here this season, this year would be make or break for him. Hope he dont turn out to be the next Babel

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 10:27:53 am »

Which were his poor showings for us and Norwich? Out of curiosity.

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 10:33:33 am »

I always thought he looked pretty decent for us and his debut for norwich was described as one of the best debuts seen. I never saw a really poor performance and this is exactly the question...why has he not had a decent chance yet?

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
  • Inspector of Wizard's sleeves and yawning donkeys
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 11:07:53 am »
Not sure how many games he played at Norwich, I remember reading on here that he had a very good debut.

I would like to see him get a few games pre season and then hopefully a few more run outs in the season. I mean lets face it, the majority of us will only be happy when we see a fair bit him with our own eyes and if he does shit, he gets sold.
otherwise there will always be this mystique about how he never got chance and all our managers were wrong not to play him.
A champion is someone who gets up when he can't

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2012, 11:08:08 am »

When were his good ones? out of curiosity?

Which of his 19 league appearances over the past 4 years make him a realistic choice to play first team football for a team chasing champions league football?

Why do the oracles of football seem to know more about this lads potential than every manager he's played under?

I'm not writing him off completely and I liked what I saw when he was younger as well but the truth is we haven't seen a level of performance from him in his loan spells or when at the club to justify any of the remaining hype.

His myth far outweighs the reality.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2012, 11:10:17 am »
San Jose was rubbish
Insua was rubbish
Pacheco is rubbish

Ask Purslow, he'll tell ya

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2012, 11:16:48 am »
Hopefully we can get a million or so for him though thats probably optimistic.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 11:16:51 am »
The only good thing that Cecil did in the transfer market was not selling Lucas.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 11:18:08 am »
When were his good ones? out of curiosity?

Which of his 19 league appearances over the past 4 years make him a realistic choice to play first team football for a team chasing champions league football?

Why do the oracles of football seem to know more about this lads potential than every manager he's played under?

I'm not writing him off completely and I liked what I saw when he was younger as well but the truth is we haven't seen a level of performance from him in his loan spells or when at the club to justify any of the remaining hype.

His myth far outweighs the reality.

Seem to remember Lambert saying his debut was as good a debut as he's ever seen, grabbed an assist. Also scored against Ipswich and Coventry.

Cant think we he ever looked bad for us, did well in all those Europa league matches.

If you could point me towards a match when he was poor Id appreciate it, racking my brain I cant think of one. Northampton maybe?

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 11:20:54 am »
San Jose was rubbish
Insua was rubbish
Pacheco is rubbish

Ask Purslow, he'll tell ya

Whats Purslow got to do with the Pacheco situation? Loaned out by Kenny / FSG/ comolli twice. Purslow was well gone.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 11:29:46 am »
Seem to remember Lambert saying his debut was as good a debut as he's ever seen, grabbed an assist. Also scored against Ipswich and Coventry.

Cant think we he ever looked bad for us, did well in all those Europa league matches.

If you could point me towards a match when he was poor Id appreciate it, racking my brain I cant think of one. Northampton maybe?

Lambert can say what he likes about his first game, he hardly played him for the rest of the loan period and that was in the championship.

I must admit I can't specifically point to games where he was poor apart from Northampton, because I never watched him at all whilst at Rayo and when at LFC, for the first team, he only ever did ok, and played well a couple of times for Norwich. My opinion that he maybe isn't good enough is that he's played 19 league games in the past 3 seasons.

He's never justified the hype and there is no current evidence to suggest he will. Perhaps he'll be one of these players that Rodgers plucks from obscurity? who knows?

I'd be delighted, but also extremely surprised, if he proves me wrong and becomes the player he's feted to be.

If you rate Pacheco and believe that he's got a chance of making it here, can you just elaborate and explain why? what is your current opinion of Pacheco based on? How did he do last season for Rayo? what were his stats?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 11:38:33 am »
I must admit I can't specifically point to games where he was poor apart from Northampton

So this;

Was largely bollocks was it? Good.

I dont know if he will make it here.

All I'd like is the chance to make a more informed decision by seeing some more of him in a red shirt. Seeing as he never really looked out of place when he's worn one before I dont see much wrong with giving him a few more opportunities.

Worst case scenario is he'll be in the situation he's currently in.

Best case, we find ourselves a player who's already here so no transfer fee, already counts as homegrown, is young, on small wages and plays in positions where we're currently short.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 11:45:15 am »
Whats Purslow got to do with the Pacheco situation? Loaned out by Kenny / FSG/ comolli twice. Purslow was well gone.
I didn't mean to suggest he loaned him out, but he did by Cole who would have provided a direct competition to him. Thus screwing up that opportunity for the lad. The point still stands, we lost quite a few good home grown youths in key areas. Let's be careful before we lose another.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2012, 11:49:02 am »
Lambert can say what he likes about his first game, he hardly played him for the rest of the loan period and that was in the championship.

Didn't holt get into the form of his life around about that time? (was it holt?)
There was no sense for Lambert to play a youngster and thus jeopardise a winning formula at the business end of the season (pushing for promotion).
Rayo is another story all together, and the coach didn't seem to rate him or see eye to eye. But, that was out of our control. We didn't loan him to Rayo, they may not have suited him at all.

Pacheco may not make it here, but just like Aquilani, i'd like to see him get a proper shot. It's up to him then as to whether he sinks or swims.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2012, 11:49:32 am »
The fact that he couldn't get a game at Rayo speaks volumes to me.

Here we go again.

And again.

"Appeal to Authority" - look it up.

It was the exact same with Aquilani - "Milan don't want to buy him, he therefore must be a rubbish player." Look at the situation other clubs are in.

Guess what? Clubs screw up and make wrong decisions. ALL OF THE TIME.

"Rafa can't even get a job, he must be a bad manager!"

- RAWK logic

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2012, 11:51:51 am »
Didn't holt get into the form of his life around about that time? (was it holt?)
There was no sense for Lambert to play a youngster and thus jeopardise a winning formula at the business end of the season (pushing for promotion).
Rayo is another story all together, and the coach didn't seem to rate him or see eye to eye. But, that was out of our control. We didn't loan him to Rayo, they may not have suited him at all.

Pacheco may not make it here, but just like Aquilani, i'd like to see him get a proper shot. It's up to him then as to whether he sinks or swims.

Simeon Jackson it was. Form of his life.

Would have been madness for Labert to take him out when they were chasing promotion.

The Rayo loan was a mess from start (Atletico loan) to finish.

Insua didnt get a look in at Galatasary because the coach didnt want to put him in, turned out Hagi was wrong not to do so rather than Insua being shite.