Author Topic: Dani Pacheco  (Read 93253 times)

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dani Pacheco
« Reply #760 on: July 31, 2012, 09:31:10 pm »
First Suso and now this...

Looks like the local mob have their hooks into Rodgers.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #761 on: July 31, 2012, 09:32:07 pm »
So disappointed. Same story all over again. Just sell him already.

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #762 on: July 31, 2012, 09:33:33 pm »
Didn't he get an assist? I remember him combining with Babel down the left.

You may find this surprising, but that game doesnt exactly resonate in my memory very well.  The shock treatments have been helping me pretend that the Roy games never happened.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #763 on: July 31, 2012, 09:34:48 pm »
Just sell him. He's obviously not in anyones plans and way below in the pecking order. Ship him out and let him get games elsewhere.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #764 on: July 31, 2012, 09:36:21 pm »
Just sell him. He's obviously not in anyones plans and way below in the pecking order. Ship him out and let him get games elsewhere.

Yup. The lad has been a credit to himself, and the club. Sell him and let him get on with his football.

Offline m4Rco

• Kopite
  • wat
« Reply #765 on: July 31, 2012, 09:36:40 pm »
He desperately needs games. He's got great potential, it's a crime really to not let him play now and then.
#8 Steven Gerrard
There was no miracle in Istanbul. It was just a man inspiring other men to victory. A man with whom you'll never walk alone.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: July 31, 2012, 09:37:12 pm »
And all this talk about "just sell him already".  I'm pretty sure Kenny tried to last year with that loan within a loan with an option to buy.  Don't forget, he barely got games in Spain for rayo. 

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: July 31, 2012, 09:38:08 pm »
Besides we have Joe "I can't run 10 yards without huffing and puffing" Cole on 90k/w what else do we need?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: July 31, 2012, 09:38:51 pm »
You may find this surprising, but that game doesnt exactly resonate in my memory very well.  The shock treatments have been helping me pretend that the Roy games never happened.

I don't remember much of it either. But what little I remember of it suggests the idea that we need experience rather than youth for a crucial European game early in the season is a bit misguided, considering Pacheco played a significant part in the trickiest of our qualifying games in the same competition 2 seasons ago. Maybe there are other valid arguments for leaving him out. But wanting experience in an early EL game isn't one.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: July 31, 2012, 09:38:57 pm »
And all this talk about "just sell him already".  I'm pretty sure Kenny tried to last year with that loan within a loan with an option to buy.  Don't forget, he barely got games in Spain for rayo.
Mascherano barely got games at West Ham.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #770 on: July 31, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »
Really frustrated by this - thought we missed him in the Spurs match and the potential for Pacheco and Suarez behind a main striker had me excited (not necessarily for this match in particulr - just for the future).

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #771 on: July 31, 2012, 09:41:06 pm »

There was financial implications behind that.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: July 31, 2012, 09:41:51 pm »
There was financial implications behind that.
All roads lead to money.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #773 on: July 31, 2012, 09:42:11 pm »
Besides we have Joe "I can't run 10 yards without huffing and puffing" Cole on 90k/w what else do we need?

He's on how much?

Wish someone had mentioned that before now.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: July 31, 2012, 09:49:27 pm »
He's on how much?

Wish someone had mentioned that before now.

Well if we are all about cutting the wage bill, Coles almost 10 years older, probably on 3x the wages and in my opinion offers just about as much as Pacheco does. Plus Cole has zero resale value.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: July 31, 2012, 09:51:15 pm »

Dani Pacheco is no Javier Mascherano

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #776 on: July 31, 2012, 09:51:26 pm »
Well if we are all about cutting the wage bill, Coles almost 10 years older, probably on 3x the wages and in my opinion offers just about as much as Pacheco does. Plus Cole has zero resale value.

Joe "£90k/w" Cole

Has a ring to it...I shall now use that everytime I mention him so everyone is well aware.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: July 31, 2012, 09:52:19 pm »
Joe "£90k/w" Cole

Has a ring to it...I shall now use that everytime I mention him so everyone is well aware.

Good for you.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: July 31, 2012, 09:52:59 pm »

We're not all about cutting the wage bill.  I guess if all the cynics say it enough people will start to believe it. 

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: July 31, 2012, 09:53:38 pm »
We're not all about cutting the wage bill.  I guess if all the cynics say it enough people will start to believe it. 

thought we wanted to get our wage bill down to 500k?

Offline dotheoffski

• Anny Roader
« Reply #780 on: July 31, 2012, 09:54:49 pm »
I agree that the reason we like to see youth doing well is because it is more organic and financially sound. However, my point remains that some fans go over the top in their praise of youth players when they have proved very little other than an occasional cameo here or there. We do set different standards for these youth players which we cannot naturally expect a manager to do when he is under such pressure to win games.

In addition, many people on sites like RAWK give off about how disgraceful is it that certain youth players are let go without really knowing the reasons or having little understanding of the player being let go. There are so many experts at a club like Liverpool that you have to trust their judgement. We are not in great shakes at the moment but that doesn’t mean Rodgers should use players he doesn’t rate. In addition, for all the bluster about letting youth leave, who was the last youth player to leave that proved the management of the club really wrong?

I agree we do go over the top in relation to reserve /youth players, including me.  Yet funnily enough rarely do the ones we let go set the world alight, we seem to get it right more often than not.  I dont feel any have attained the levels required by Liverpool, even though San Jose and Insua have done alright.

In general we have to accept the decisions of those more experienced than us and in the know i.e. the Manager, yet we love to question their decisions.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: July 31, 2012, 09:55:57 pm »
I'm hoping that our selection policy will bear fruit in the next World Cup. If England don't reach the last 8 our efforts will have been wasted.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: July 31, 2012, 09:56:52 pm »

Well apparently we want to increase it, whether that was actually true is another matter

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: July 31, 2012, 09:57:36 pm »

Link?  Source?  Quote?  So many people have said that on this site because we are selling Aqua that everyone now believes it without an inkling of a quote from anyone at LFC or at FSG.

This place does your mind in at times.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: July 31, 2012, 09:57:46 pm »

a day?
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: July 31, 2012, 09:58:43 pm »

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #786 on: July 31, 2012, 09:59:01 pm »
I'm hoping that our selection policy will bear fruit in the next World Cup. If England don't reach the last 8 our efforts will have been wasted.

I think that dig was relevant last year after what we bought but we are currently shipping England's No.9 out the club and the two players we are currently nailed on to get are American and Welsh respectively. Plus we've just bought an Italian.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: July 31, 2012, 09:59:48 pm »
Disappointing, but four pages of reaction over a player not getting into a squad for a Europa League game is odd, it must be said.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #788 on: July 31, 2012, 09:59:59 pm »
Pacheceo and Suso are technical players that I feel should be in the Europa squad and would suit the system.
It's no problem them being left out if players that are going are better and deserve the chance.
At the moment I'm getting more and more wound up by the shit performances and lack of effort from Cole,Adam and Downing.

They have got to go
YNWA

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #789 on: July 31, 2012, 10:03:09 pm »
Disappointing, but four pages of reaction over a player not getting into a squad for a Europa League game is odd, it must be said.

Welcome to RAWK, you're clearly new round these parts... :P

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: July 31, 2012, 10:06:15 pm »
It is simplistic to attribute the departure of youth players as a reason for our recent failings. The reasons are far more complex.

I didn't. You're saying that there's experts at the club that obviously know better than the fans must, and I was asking whether these so-called experts had anything to do with the club's gross underperformance over the last three seasons. Personally, when I see mistakes being repeatedly, habitually made, year after year, I start to wonder exactly who is making them and why they haven't looked to rectify the situation or make changes.

Because it's very clear to me that the club's league struggles are a result of being unable to overcome deeply-positioned, organised opposition defences, of which it takes players with a close control, technical passing ability, speed of thought and intelligent movement to work opportunities through, and I have seen absolutely no demonstration that the club is prepared to acknowledge where it is going wrong, as it is apparently satisfied with the current ineptitude displayed by a large majority of the first-team squad in a high number of league games given how they seem to be treated as superlative individuals that are immune from the same criticism that the foreign talents - Aquilani, Pacheco, Suso - on our books are apparently subject to.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #791 on: July 31, 2012, 10:08:42 pm »
Pretty surprised. Hopefully, he plays in the home leg

Cole had a good pre-season as well though?

Think Pacheco should be going. I think Pacheco should be in the squad ahead of Cole because I don't think there's much difference between the two and Pacheco earns less and is much younger... But Cole had a decent pre-season as did Pacheco. Can't get behind the idea that Pacheco should be there on pre-season form but Cole somehow shouldn't. Same with the idea that it sends a terrible message to the youngsters. We'll probably be starting a 17 year old instead of him on Thursday night.

I agree with this. And I despise Cole's  continued presence here.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: July 31, 2012, 10:09:19 pm »

It is fun to mock one of our players whilst 'defending' another one!
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: July 31, 2012, 10:13:02 pm »

You keep repeating this xenophobia but you still havent grasped how stupid it makes you look have you? You might want to look at the nationality of the player we've signed, you might also want to take a look at the nationality of Clint Dempsey, or maybe Andy Carroll's.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #794 on: July 31, 2012, 10:43:39 pm »
Replacing Insua with Konchesky must rank up there with paying Aquilani to leave. Crazy decision, thought Insua had loads of potential.
yep, we actually got rid of 3 players to sign konchesky. insua being one, then the two youngsters who went to fulham, i think jol is giving kacakalic a new contract, made 4 apps end of last season
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #795 on: July 31, 2012, 10:46:18 pm »
You keep repeating this xenophobia but you still havent grasped how stupid it makes you look have you? You might want to look at the nationality of the player we've signed, you might also want to take a look at the nationality of Clint Dempsey, or maybe Andy Carroll's.

You've been whooshed, my friend.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #796 on: July 31, 2012, 10:50:50 pm »
You've been whooshed, my friend.
yep

was expected though

look at his custom title ;)
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline tomster

• Main Stander
  • Fans don't boo nobodies
« Reply #797 on: July 31, 2012, 10:52:44 pm »
Well Cole knows Brendan well from his Chelsea days....   Loyalty over talent.  Wonder where we have seen that before????

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: July 31, 2012, 10:55:05 pm »
Not in the slightlest, he's relentless with the "English" stuff, its pretty much all he talks about bar Lucas and Insua.

And thats just tonight, theres 100s and 100s more.

But he's right. And your custom title is right, too.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #799 on: July 31, 2012, 11:01:25 pm »
Try again in the morning. All the conversation is about where the club is headed rather than Dani. There are better places for that discussion.