Author Topic: Carroll - A sensible discussion.  (Read 150926 times)

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Carroll - A sensible discussion.
« Reply #120 on: April 2, 2012, 08:02:53 am »
Oh my,did he say all that?
I hope he doesnt play for us again then.

Or it is not within the bounds of possibility that the Mirror has made it all up ???

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 2, 2012, 08:03:34 am »
The worst time to sell him would be this summer.
If however he is destructive behind the scenes or unwilling to learn and follow instructions then by all means do.
If not, I'd keep him as our third striker and reevaluate in the summer of 2013.

YNWA Andy

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: April 2, 2012, 08:04:50 am »
You being serious?

Showing passion? What with a drive instead of putting his 1-0 up?

No need to swear at the manager though.

Can't believe you're making excuses for him.

This has to be a first, but I fully agree with Fordy in this point.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 2, 2012, 08:08:14 am »
He was probably wanting to show his former fans that he was better than their chants of him, an dbeing substituted in front of their jeering without managing to score a goal was probably humiliating to him.

What he should have been more upset at was letting the club and us down instead of caring about what he looked like to newcastle fans. From the reports of how he returns to Newcastle so regularly etc, I don't think he has actually mentally stopped being a Newcastle player yet.
This is the last straw for me.
In the beginning of the match, I thought he finally showed some passion and started really trying. But it turned out it wasn't passion for the club. His little tantrum at the end just disgusts me. The substitution, rightfully or wrongly, was the manager's decision and he should respect that. I'm not saying he had to look happy, but as a professional player, what he needs to do is go sit on the bench, and support his team. Instead, he just had to throw a temper tantrum and leave while the match was still going on. He obviously doesn't give a fuck about Liverpool. It's all about him. The Andy Carroll show. Poor little Andy got booed by his beloved Newcastle fans and he just couldn't deal with it.

Some fans don't care and say it shows passion or whatever, but I can't stand that kind of attitude. In the past I used to see players from Chelsea or City behave like that and I always thought 'what a pathetic club to allow its players show such disrespect', and I was glad we are not like that. But maybe I was wrong. And I hated seeing that.

I know he didn't want to leave Newcastle and was homesick and I tried to be more understanding when he just strolled around during matches or walked away from the goal while his teammates worked hard to keep the ball in play. But you know what? I'm done. If he doesn't want to be a Liverpool player then he shouldn't be.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 2, 2012, 08:09:12 am »
It's not a natural reaction though.

What did Bellamy do? What did Jose do when needed to cover Pepe and Jose took more stick throughout the game than Carroll.

Emotion? Do me a favour - So mate he drived when should of scored. Convinced he never wanted to leave Newcastle in the first place hence the emotion and passion for his real love.

Get him out.

Thats rubbish.  He is a young player who has had his fair share of hothead moments.  Not convinced by any of your frankly laughable arguments against the lad.  He has behaved himself impeccably here and has always spoken about the club in the best of fashion.  There are many reasons to want him out but apparently and that is the keyword here apparently swearing at the manager isn't one of them.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #125 on: April 2, 2012, 08:10:29 am »
Backed him to the high hilts despite the over inflated price tag because he's a Liverpool player and a Liverpool #9. His performances have been dire at best for us and I still thought he'd come good for a long time. But the chaps attitude stinks which was proven today both on and coming off the pitch. The dive is one of the worst displays I've seen at any level of football. Just roll it in, you've done the hard work. The killer is, I see the potential in him, his getting to the point of the dive was a bit of magic, but he just doesn't care. He fixes his ponytail after every near header or passage of play. Losses need to be cut, ship him out of the club he doesn't belong.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 2, 2012, 08:11:17 am »
I've watched him for eighteen months now and he can't play in a 4-4-2. Obviously he can do it, but he looks at his most dangerous when partnered by two attacking players either flank in a 4-2-3-1.

For 20 minutes yesterday I thought we were very good, as was Andy. Then after they scored we moved Shelvey left midfield and Suarez upfront next to Carroll and that was it, game over.

I think he can come good if we stick to a style of play with him being the focal point of attack. However he does need to work harder when we don't have the ball.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #127 on: April 2, 2012, 08:11:38 am »
I'm not sure if I believe Carroll yelled at Kenny. What did he do? He started him and Carroll blew it. Kenny has nothing to do with the game outside the formation.

If he did I think it would be more like "Fuck this!" than "Fuck you!"

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 2, 2012, 08:11:45 am »
Love how before the game he’s suppose to have said that he won’t celebrate if he scores against his home town club. Much respect.
Totally offset by his attempt to rob home town team of a goal and possibly goalkeeper by taking a dive.

Much that I hated Shearer, he took no prisoners when he went up for a cross. He either won the header or took out the defenders. Andy gets pushed over far too much.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 2, 2012, 08:14:07 am »
Or it is not within the bounds of possibility that the Mirror has made it all up ???

It is not just the Mirror reporting that, it is in other papers as well.  Are they all wrong?

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 2, 2012, 08:15:49 am »
Are they all wrong?

Wouldn't be the first time, that's for sure.

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 2, 2012, 08:16:52 am »
In the beginning of the match, I thought he finally showed some passion and started really trying. But it turned out it wasn't passion for the club. His little tantrum at the end just disgusts me. The substitution, rightfully or wrongly, was the manager's decision and he should respect that. I'm not saying he had to look happy, but as a professional player, what he needs to do is go sit on the bench, and support his team. Instead, he just had to throw a temper tantrum and leave while the match was still going on. He obviously doesn't give a fuck about Liverpool. It's all about him. The Andy Carroll show. Poor little Andy got booed by his beloved Newcastle fans and he just couldn't deal with it.

Some fans don't care and say it shows passion or whatever, but I can't stand that kind of attitude. In the past I used to see players from Chelsea or City behave like that and I always thought 'what a pathetic club to allow its players show such disrespect', and I was glad we are not like that. But maybe I was wrong. And I hated seeing that.

I know he didn't want to leave Newcastle and was homesick and I tried to be more understanding when he just strolled around during matches or walked away from the goal while his teammates worked hard to keep the ball in play. But you know what? I'm done. If he doesn't want to be a Liverpool player then he shouldn't be.

Not the first time he has done that this season.  Heplayed poor vs Swansea, missed a sitter, got subbed didn't watch the end of the match and went back to Newcastle to watch some fireworks instead.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 2, 2012, 08:18:02 am »
Not the first time he has done that this season.  Heplayed poor vs Swansea, missed a sitter, got subbed didn't watch the end of the match and went back to Newcastle to watch some fireworks instead.

Didn't hear much of a hue and cry then though.  What happened ?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 2, 2012, 08:19:37 am »
It's not his fault we paid £35 million. Even at £5 million I wouldn't go for him.

Forget heart, I've seen enough players lacking heart but can change a game. The real worry is, he doesn't even look like a pro footballer. Where's his balance for starters? Ball control is poor, movement is poor, hold up play is poor and he's no monster, more like a big friendly giant getting bullied by defenders.  I don't see any potential.

Poor guy had a little run of form and we go and buy him. IMO the worst transfer in history.

Needs to go, for the sake of our future on the pitch and for his own future. Any money will do.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 2, 2012, 08:20:04 am »
Too on here use age as an excuse for failure...

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 2, 2012, 08:21:59 am »
Didn't hear much of a hue and cry then though.  What happened ?

Dave Usher reported it in one of his mags and said it happened.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #136 on: April 2, 2012, 08:24:24 am »
Whocares as long as our replacement is scoring regularly for us.

He will suit that style of play, he doesn't suit ours - some players aren't right for certain styles of football.

That's exactly the thing though. As long as his replacement starts scoring for us. Thing is, the only way we can be relatively sure of that is by getting a top, top striker. If we do finish 7th/8th, WITHOUT offering 200k a week, who exactly are we gonna sign?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #137 on: April 2, 2012, 08:27:11 am »
Team plays crap so we blame the most expensive player

I think thats how it works anyway

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 2, 2012, 08:27:21 am »
who exactly are we gonna sign?

It is Comolli's job to find us someone, even if we can't attract someone like Cavani or Soldado.

Cisse and Ba didn't cost Newcastle a fortune. 

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 2, 2012, 08:28:33 am »
Team plays crap so we blame the most expensive player

I think thats how it works anyway

Dalglish, Downing, Carroll, Reina, Henderson, Adam, Carragher, Gerrard - don't think it is only Carroll getting blame the last few weeks.  Most of the players have been excpet the odd one or two.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 2, 2012, 08:33:57 am »
It is Comolli's job to find us someone, even if we can't attract someone like Cavani or Soldado.

Cisse and Ba didn't cost Newcastle a fortune. 

Comolli was another one I was willing to give the benefit of doubt to when he came in, even though Spurs fans claimed he did fuck all. Assumed it was just sour grapes. He did do a good job of clearing players and reducing the wage bill, but the ones he brought in, or was at least partly responsible for bringing in, have been below par. For a Frenchman he appears to have surprisingly little French connections

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 2, 2012, 08:34:00 am »

Let's put it this way - after almost 1 1/2 years and he is stil homesick for Newcastle? if the foreign lads can adjust to life on the Mersey and settle down in Liverpool as their home for the next few years, why can't Carroll? I am starting to wonder if his problems are rather in his head - he is not trying as hard for us because he is still mentally in Newcastle.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 2, 2012, 08:36:07 am »

What did Bellamy do? What did Jose do when needed to cover Pepe and Jose took more stick throughout the game than Carroll.

Emotion? Do me a favour - So mate he drived when should of scored. Convinced he never wanted to leave Newcastle in the first place hence the emotion and passion for his real love.

Get him out.

He probably didn't want to leave Newcastle, so what? That's our fault for buying him. Andy is a hot head, we've always known that, blame him for his performances or effort on the pitch but i'm sure Kenny will know Andy is a hot head and will deal with it. It's not our place to go around calling for player's heads.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 2, 2012, 08:36:31 am »
Let's put it this way - after almost 1 1/2 years and he is stil homesick for Newcastle? if the foreign lads can adjust to life on the Mersey and settle down in Liverpool as their home for the next few years, why can't Carroll? I am starting to wonder if his problems are rather in his head - he is not trying as hard for us because he is still mentally in Newcastle.

Like others have said, maybe being booed for 80 mins by 40,000 "of your own" will finally make him realize that door is firmly closed.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #144 on: April 2, 2012, 08:41:00 am »

Panic-bought for an extortionate price when we didn't need to sign anyone. Not given a fair run in the team. And not been used in a way that's even nearly effective. None of which is his fault.

Just about sums it up for me.

Bought without any clear idea how he was going to be integrated into the team. I actually feel sorry for him although I've been amazed by his lack of anticipation and clumsiness.
 Imo Kenny needs to work out pretty quickly how to best utilise him or cut our losses and those losses will be big.

Offline fefs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 2, 2012, 08:46:12 am »
Wouldn't be the first time, that's for sure.

They do have a habit of reprinting each others stories verbatim without any fact checking or research....

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 2, 2012, 08:46:56 am »
Think we did adapt our game to try to make the best of him against Newcastle. There were a lot more crosses from deep once we got in the final third, far less passes trying to work an opening. He did look threatening for a while.

While that may suit him better, as a team, it'll limit what we can achieve if that becomes our Plan A.

Online Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #147 on: April 2, 2012, 08:47:54 am »
Clearly doesn't want to be here. Clearly struggling with the pressure of such a large price tag. Best for everyone if he just leaves. Signed his own p45 with his attitude anyway as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 2, 2012, 08:48:05 am »
It is not just the Mirror reporting that, it is in other papers as well.  Are they all wrong?

I've only seen it elsewhere in the Metro and the Mail (which are one in the same) ... the Mirror and the Daily Mail are hardly the bastions of truth now are they ?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #149 on: April 2, 2012, 08:48:50 am »
he's put a few half decent displays in lately and I thought he was beginning to find a bit of form....but he was back to his worst yesterday - petulant, ineffective, out of position and dreadfully slow

maybe the whole occasion was too much for him?...strikes me as a particularly immature lad and I think the amount of stick he received from the home fans really got to him....he wasn't the only one - it also got to Enrique who had the worst game ive seen him play for us...and even Bellamy seemed unusually timid? ..........whatever though, Carrolls 'penalty' stumble / dive was inexcusable - the irony being if he'd have slotted (which seemed to be the easist option!) he would have shut the great unwashed capped-t-shirted-tab-smerkin plantpots up, but instead he made his reception 10 times worse and his performance suffered because of it......hopefully he'll learn from that....I said hopefully
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 2, 2012, 08:50:02 am »
I've only seen it elsewhere in the Metro and the Mail (which are one in the same) ... the Mirror and the Daily Mail are hardly the bastions of truth now are they ?

SSN said the Express are also reporting it, not sure what others are.

Offline williamson84

• "Disgusted of Aberdeen."
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #151 on: April 2, 2012, 08:52:41 am »
Thought he played well for the first 25mins or so like everyone else did then when we went down 1-0 everyone's performance dipped.  Confidence thing, going 1-0 down then it looked like everyone was thinking fuck here we go again.  Only the players and management can get themselves out of this rut adn it needs to happen sooner rather than later. 

As for Carroll swearing at Kenny I personally think it's bull.  You seen him swearing to himself when he was walking off the pitch but jesus how many times do you see players doing that??  He was pissed off, getting booed from 50000 geordies and was obviously wanting to get one over his old team on their own patch.  I'm glad he was furious cos to me it shows he actually gives o fuck.  Kenny said after the game there was no problem with Andy so what else do people need to hear?

Agree with most that he hasn't been performing the way we expected him too but this season who has??  You could name about 3 that's played well this season.  Get off the lads back and support him folks and if he stays he'll improve if he leaves then fair enough but only the management will decide on that and who would we get to replace him??  Seriously who will want to come to a team that right now looks like we're going to finish 7th at the very best, that could easily be 10th/11th.   :(

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: April 2, 2012, 08:53:03 am »
Oh my,did he say all that?
I hope he doesnt play for us again then.

It's the mirror/metro/daily fail = load of bollocks.

Get him out.

Would rather get Adam out to be honest.

Bellamy and Jose have a completely different mentality to Carroll, they can cope with not being on form because it hardly happens to them. Even off form, Bellamy is a danger and we've already seen Enrique have some piss poor games, yet his mentality is set to improve in the next.

Carroll on the other hand, has a decent game and gets dropped. The whole thing's been one major fuck up and it's falling at Kenny's feet. He's got to take the blame for this IMO just as much as Carroll has for not showing what he can really do.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2012, 08:57:36 am by J-Mc- »

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #153 on: April 2, 2012, 08:58:06 am »
Thought he played well for the first 25mins or so like everyone else did then when we went down 1-0 everyone's performance dipped.  Confidence thing, going 1-0 down then it looked like everyone was thinking fuck here we go again.  Only the players and management can get themselves out of this rut adn it needs to happen sooner rather than later. 

As for Carroll swearing at Kenny I personally think it's bull.  You seen him swearing to himself when he was walking off the pitch but jesus how many times do you see players doing that??  He was pissed off, getting booed from 50000 geordies and was obviously wanting to get one over his old team on their own patch.  I'm glad he was furious cos to me it shows he actually gives o fuck.  Kenny said after the game there was no problem with Andy so what else do people need to hear?

Agree with most that he hasn't been performing the way we expected him too but this season who has??  You could name about 3 that's played well this season.  Get off the lads back and support him folks and if he stays he'll improve if he leaves then fair enough but only the management will decide on that and who would we get to replace him??  Seriously who will want to come to a team that right now looks like we're going to finish 7th at the very best, that could easily be 10th/11th.   :(

People will forget that, Have forgotten that more like! Yes ok he should produce it for 90minutes but like you said, the whole team dipped in confidence, Surely that 25minutes is some positive thing for the lad?!

Offline Baz Smythe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: April 2, 2012, 09:03:57 am »
The worst time to sell him would be this summer.
If however he is destructive behind the scenes or unwilling to learn and follow instructions then by all means do.
If not, I'd keep him as our third striker and reevaluate in the summer of 2013.

YNWA Andy

Top point, we may as well as well keep him, he isn't on massive wages (compared to others) we don't have to sell to buy he would make an amazing 2nd striker (as I don't think Luis should be one). If we could sign a top class striker in the summer then that would take pressure of Andy and then when he plays he could just play his natural game. No need to sell unless like you said he's a destructive influence which I don't think he is.
Follow me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/1chrissmith1

Offline Czar

• Anny Roader
  • Energy!
    • Benevolent - Extreme Technical Metal!
« Reply #155 on: April 2, 2012, 09:05:50 am »
Can we have a sensible discussion about Carroll without a thread getting locked?  That means not calling him a horse or hurling insults at him, which can happen on these Carroll threads, which all get locked.

We have to discuss this guy, as he is our main centre forward and we can't score goals.

Now I don't really care about his attitude, what he did when he came off the field today vs Newcastle, his dive, that he left Anfield early after the Swansea game to go to watch a firework display in Newcastle (according to Dave Usher), what his ex agent said about him etc.

All the above would be tolerated if he was performing on the pitch and in my opinion he has been extremely disappointing.

I also don't care how much he cost, that is not his fault the fee and it doesn't matter if a player cost £1 million or £35 million, you get judged on performances not your price tag.  It is just a shame he did cost the latter.

Now I have read on here and other forums that some people think Carroll isn't trying.  I think that is rubbish, he is clearly trying to be a success here, he is working hard on the field in my opinion.  He also cares and he showed that when he came off the field today and stormed down the tunnel, he was disappointed and you don't get that reaction if you don't care.

My issue with Carroll is ability, which I think is lacking.  I just don't think he is good enough to be our number 9, as we are used to having players like Aldridge, Rush, Fowler, Owen and Torres - world class strikers who scored goals for fun.  I don't think Carroll is anywhere near these guys or ever will be and that is what we need.  Now I don't expect every player to be in the league of those names I mentioned, but I do think that our number 9 has to be a threat and I don't think Carroll has been since he arrived 14+ months ago. 

What do I mean by threat?  Well he can't beat opposition players with pace or skill really.  He has not been the beast we hoped he would be in the air or dominating centre backs physically.  I think his holding up of the ball is decent, but no better than Heskey, Kenwyne Jones, Davies, Crouch etc. just average like all big strikers in the league.  He doesn't really have vision or is a creative player, infact his ability in possession with the football is limited and below average IMO.  Give him some time and space he has a good left foot, but how often do you get time and space in the Premiership? Not often unless you create your own space or chances like Suarez does for example and Carroll can't do that. 

Now all the above wouldn't matter if he was finishing the chances he got when he did get the right service but he hasn't and his finishing hasn't been impressive.  Especially his heading towards goal, which is mean to be his strength.  What is more worrying is he is not always inside the box when we do get the ball wide, if you aren't a very good footballer in possession and have a raw game then at least get in the box and be in the right place - but I don't think he has natural instinct to be in the right place, notibly the six yard box.

I also don't see any link up with Suarez, I don't think they suit each other at all.  The only time they have linked is when Carroll wins a flick on and Suarez reads it.  I think Suarez wants to play one / two's and have movement around him where he can create chances for others and have someone who can feed him when he makes a run for example and Carroll is not that type of player. 

I feel sorry for Carroll, as I don't think we suit his style at all.  He is clearly a player suited to direct football, not the passing and moving brand we try and play.  He is never going to be a pass and move player.  If you want to get the best out of Carroll you need to be direct.  Now we can't adjust our style just to suit Carroll and if he can't adjust his style to suit us, surely it is wrong player at the wrong club isn't it?

I honestly don't see why we should keep him, as I don't see him improving giving we won't be changing our style of football to suit one player.  Therefore how is he going to appreciate in value?  Also shouldn't we be looking to have the right players here who will link up with Suarez, suit our passing / moving game and ultimately be the clinical striker we crave.

I don't mind mistakes in the transfer market they happen, but what would annoy me is keeping hold of mistakes and I think that is what Carroll has been.  I know we all like to show support our players and give them time (which Carroll has had IMO), but I don't see what good it is not discussing Carroll given we are short of goals or keeping hold of a player who in my opinion just hasn't cut the mustard.

Is there anyone who would serious keep this guy here next season?  As other than being a plan b (and a non threatening one at that), I don't see what he will offer us or good it will do keeping him at the club.   

I like Andy, I think he is working hard at adapting and improving his game and I am not with the idea of selling him so soon. I think he has been a scapegoat most of the season because of his price tag.

My issue is with our transfer strategy all together - usually management should identify how they want to setup the team, what kind of roles are required out of each position and then sign players accordingly; I honestly do not see that at all with any of our transfers this season - playing Downing on the right, playing Henderson on the right, dropping Carroll, preferring to play with Suarez alone etc these are all signs of a manager who has no idea what he must do with his players. Player roles are not clearly defined.

I am not rooting for 'moving Kenny upstairs' or the like but it is obvious that things are not working and the problem is not one single player, it is far far deeper.

Offline Blade

• Not the sharpest tool in the box
  • Kopite
« Reply #156 on: April 2, 2012, 09:12:54 am »
Selling Andy Carroll in the summer would be a stupid knee-jerk decision, both from footballing and financial point of view.

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: April 2, 2012, 09:24:40 am »
It's not his fault we paid £35 million. Even at £5 million I wouldn't go for him.

Forget heart, I've seen enough players lacking heart but can change a game. The real worry is, he doesn't even look like a pro footballer. Where's his balance for starters? Ball control is poor, movement is poor, hold up play is poor and he's no monster, more like a big friendly giant getting bullied by defenders.  I don't see any potential.

Poor guy had a little run of form and we go and buy him. IMO the worst transfer in history.

Needs to go, for the sake of our future on the pitch and for his own future. Any money will do.

This post cuts through the bullshit,the over analysing and tells it like it is.
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 2, 2012, 09:27:51 am »
I actually thought in the lead up to his dive, the Carroll play was brilliant...he won the aerial duel, regained the ball himself, beat a man and sped into the box and rounded the keeper woderfully...pretty sad he then dived instead of hitting the ball in the net - sums up the season.

Offline fefs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: April 2, 2012, 09:29:52 am »
I actually thought in the lead up to his dive, the Carroll play was brilliant...he won the aerial duel, regained the ball himself, beat a man and sped into the box and rounded the keeper woderfully...pretty sad he then dived instead of hitting the ball in the net - sums up the season.

I believe he tripped