Author Topic: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer  (Read 131337 times)

Offline Anthony Le Pongolle

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer
« Reply #2080 on: March 8, 2012, 11:43:17 pm »
I can't help but think everyone is going a little over the top about this Bilbao side. Yes they were good and they have some very promising players but they are still 30 points off the top spot in the league! In case some of you forgot, Liverpool are actually pretty good in cup competitions as well......they probably suffer from the same problems as us.

Just a reminder:

Arsenal A 0-2
Chelsea A 1-2
Chelsea A 0-2
Man City A 0-1
Man United H 2-1

We've played some great football ourselves this season. On our day we can beat anyone in the league. Just because Bilbao beat United in a one off game doesn't make their squad far superior to ours........although admittedly I wouldn't mind stealing one or two of their players!
« Last Edit: March 8, 2012, 11:44:59 pm by Anthony Le Pongolle »
In that case, I'd play Meireles, Lucas and Poulsen. Spearing would get absolutely marmalised by Yaya Toure. At least Poulsen can kick him.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2081 on: March 8, 2012, 11:43:54 pm »
he would have moved to us this summer mate. I'd put all my money on it. In jan maybe not because there was talk of madrid etc

Not a chance mate. If he goes anywhere it will be Italy then Madrid. Not allowed to go direct, apparently. Ask his Basque buddy Xabi.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #2082 on: March 8, 2012, 11:43:55 pm »
Athletic have a good shot at top-4. Can't see Levante, Sevilla or At. Madrid keeping up with them for the rest of the season. They have improved steadily since the beginning of the season. 3-4 are for Valencia/Bilbao in any order IMO.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2083 on: March 8, 2012, 11:46:36 pm »
Why would a young up and coming striker want to come to Liverpool?

Money?
Pft.....they'll only double your income. At least 8 other clubs in Europe can match that.

Fame?
Pft....When has Liverpool ever made a player famous?

Trophies?
Pft....haven't won anything for 4 weeks have they?

Raise your profile to get international games?
Pft...when was the last time Liverpool had a player in an internationals, how many if their players go to the world cup?

I see absoluutely no reason for a player to join Liverpool.....none.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2084 on: March 8, 2012, 11:48:06 pm »
Non English players are simply far more skillful. 

Solution - buy some good foreign talent.

Offline maher

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone..
« Reply #2085 on: March 8, 2012, 11:50:00 pm »
Speak for yourself.

Suggesting that just because some morons couldn't see how good Lucas could be is a reason why Henderson's rank average performances will herald bigger things is more than a touch lazy.

you maybe got me wrong
mate i was always supporting Lucas and i still

Offline fefs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2086 on: March 8, 2012, 11:50:50 pm »

That's a wicked case of disco jaw if ever I saw it

Offline graaf_x

• Kopite
« Reply #2087 on: March 8, 2012, 11:55:09 pm »
I can't help but think everyone is going a little over the top about this Bilbao side. Yes they were good and they have some very promising players but they are still 30 points off the top spot in the league!
To be fair, they have Real at the top with 22 wins 1 draw and 2 losses.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2088 on: March 8, 2012, 11:55:32 pm »
Speak for yourself.

Suggesting that just because some morons couldn't see how good Lucas could be is a reason why Henderson's rank average performances will herald bigger things is more than a touch lazy.

But...but...that's what they all say about Lucas now. Alan Kennedy said to me there must have been 250, 000 Liverpool fans in Park Des Princes the day he got the winner....and I was there.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2089 on: March 9, 2012, 12:01:12 am »
I can't help but think everyone is going a little over the top about this Bilbao side. Yes they were good and they have some very promising players but they are still 30 points off the top spot in the league! In case some of you forgot, Liverpool are actually pretty good in cup competitions as well......they probably suffer from the same problems as us.

Just a reminder:

Arsenal A 0-2
Chelsea A 1-2
Chelsea A 0-2
Man City A 0-1
Man United H 2-1

We've played some great football ourselves this season. On our day we can beat anyone in the league. Just because Bilbao beat United in a one off game doesn't make their squad far superior to ours........although admittedly I wouldn't mind stealing one or two of their players!

Have you noticed how many points we're off City?

The reason this Athletic team is to be so admired is because they have been flirting with relegation for the last few seasons but  have transformed their play. If we were to make such a huge improvement we would be challenging for the title
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2090 on: March 9, 2012, 12:03:48 am »
You've got to be pretty special to win 3-2 at Old Trafford. Look at Blackburn.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #2091 on: March 9, 2012, 12:04:46 am »
Watching Barca last night and Bilboa tonight, I firmly believe having variety in your team these days just isn't as good as having everyone on the same wavelength and all playing the same type of football. I don't think the ''big and little man'' works anymore. Llorente whilst big can play football and has great movement too. We have henderson and say suarez who like pass and move and then we have downing and carroll who prefer a more direct route. I just think maybe this is where we are going wrong.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2092 on: March 9, 2012, 12:10:19 am »
That's a wicked case of disco jaw if ever I saw it
:shocked

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2093 on: March 9, 2012, 12:23:33 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

BBC have a swanky new 'last 10 games' section on their league tables. When you see that we have a worse record in the last 10 compared to every club down to Villa in 15th then you start to wonder if 1 or 2 adjustments will be enough. Gotta start getting some 'green' on Saturday!
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2094 on: March 9, 2012, 12:28:13 am »
Seems as though the Spanish League isn't just another version of the SPL as most critics will have you believe. Sure, Real Madrid and Barcelona always occupy the first two places but with the budgets they have, the fame that both clubs possess, the unjust allocation of tv rights in Spain, their names in themselves would probably be enough to generate more income than any of the other teams in Spain. Yet the pool of talent in that league is as massive as it's ever been. Take Bilbao for instance. Relegation threatened a few seasons ago, their improvement in the last few years is phenomenal and without a single foreigner in their team tonight went to Old Trafford and played the current champions of England off their own park. With a squad assembled for less money than what we paid for even one player. Ouch.

Anybody who continues to believe that the Premier League is still the best in the world (talent wise) is having a laugh. That's why we'll get nowhere with this 'buying British' policy.

Offline oovavu

• eranu
  • Anny Roader
  • Deva Diva
« Reply #2095 on: March 9, 2012, 12:34:11 am »

BBC have a swanky new 'last 10 games' section on their league tables. When you see that we have a worse record in the last 10 compared to every club down to Villa in 15th then you start to wonder if 1 or 2 adjustments will be enough. Gotta start getting some 'green' on Saturday!

Might be better smoking it dude.

Offline Anthony Le Pongolle

• Main Stander
« Reply #2096 on: March 9, 2012, 12:46:36 am »
Have you noticed how many points we're off City?

The reason this Athletic team is to be so admired is because they have been flirting with relegation for the last few seasons but  have transformed their play. If we were to make such a huge improvement we would be challenging for the title

Exactly, but people are going on as if they're the greatest team in history. 'If only we played football like them'.......'why didn't we buy Llorente, Javi Martinez and Muniain instead of Adam, Henderson and Downing' etc. I'm not saying they're a bad side, far from it....but you could easily look at one of Liverpool's game's in isolation and say 'wow, that team plays some fluid football...I wish we had players like Adam, Henderson and Downing.' The league cup semis or the games against Chelsea for example.

It will be. One of the reasons we've struggled at times this season is the fact that we made so many alterations to the first team in the summer. We had 4 or 5 new signings who went straight into the team...add on top of that Carroll who had barely played any football and Suarez who was still getting used to English football and that is over half the team. What the side needs now is stability. One, maybe two TOP QUALITY players. There's no point getting squad players now, we've already built the foundation, we just need to build on it.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2012, 12:48:28 am by Anthony Le Pongolle »
In that case, I'd play Meireles, Lucas and Poulsen. Spearing would get absolutely marmalised by Yaya Toure. At least Poulsen can kick him.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2097 on: March 9, 2012, 12:52:58 am »
Exactly, but people are going on as if they're the greatest team in history. 'If only we played football like them'.......'why didn't we buy Llorente, Javi Martinez and Muniain instead of Adam, Henderson and Downing' etc. I'm not saying they're a bad side, far from it....but you could easily look at one of Liverpool's game's in isolation and say 'wow, that team plays some fluid football...I wish we had players like Adam, Henderson and Downing.' The league cup semis or the games against Chelsea for example.

Apart from there's quite a lot of people who aren't basing it just on tonights game.

« Reply #2098 on: March 9, 2012, 12:53:59 am »
Football is changing, you can see most teams now try to play at a much higher tempo regardless of formations, etc. We added pace to our team but the players we bought made us play at a much slower tempo. This why we don't score enough goals because we don't play quick enough to create easy chances. Back end of last season we really didn't have any finisher but we played the ball really quick when we got to the opposition box and had lots of movement helping us create lots of tap ins for Maxi and Kuyt.

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2099 on: March 9, 2012, 02:31:10 am »
Bilbao played pass and move football and it was beautiful to watch. They weren't lucky and the scoreline flattered United. We have rarely played that sort of fluid football this season and played more of it last season. A player like Martinez who is so composed and can run the game would be an ideal addition to many teams and the chase for him will be on in earnest in the summer and the only surprise is it took so long. I think the same thing will eventually happen to Banega and then people will say i wonder why no-one went for him when he was cheap.

Muniain looked great but he did have a midfield that drew the other side to them and then released him and it was great to see a side like United dismantled. I think they are very well managed and have a few star players but it was more about the system than individual brilliance. Liverpool need to get the mix right of selecting and training players to play the Liverpool way and that cannot happen with 5 in 5 out every year. So i think Comolli is right about 1 or two asdjustments. I think they will be key adjustments though.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2012, 02:43:24 am by soberphobia »
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2100 on: March 9, 2012, 03:11:26 am »
Muniain, Soldado, Martinez.

For us,it'll be more like Sinclair,Zaha and McCarthy.Combined 50m.
Not doubting their quality but at some point,the value for money has to come in,and frankly,there is very little of it in England.
Muniain,Soldado and Martinez may cost 70m but they'd win us the league.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #2101 on: March 9, 2012, 04:25:19 am »
Why would a young up and coming striker want to come to Liverpool?

Money?
Pft.....they'll only double your income. At least 8 other clubs in Europe can match that.

Fame?
Pft....When has Liverpool ever made a player famous?

Trophies?
Pft....haven't won anything for 4 weeks have they?

Raise your profile to get international games?
Pft...when was the last time Liverpool had a player in an internationals, how many if their players go to the world cup?

I see absoluutely no reason for a player to join Liverpool.....none.

Haha. Brilliant that.
YWNA

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #2102 on: March 9, 2012, 04:38:13 am »
I hope we will do some business before Euros. In ideal world it would be fantastic if we signed, for example, Giroud and paid for him 10 million in June, before he succeeds in Ukraine & Poland and therefore would cost twice the amount. That's what I call good scouting.

lololol.

You think Montpellier is just going to bend over like that and take it up the ass?

Give me 1 fucking reason why Montpellier would sell pre-Euros when they're thinking the exact same thing you're thinking.  Not to mention the fact that they're basically a lock for Champions League - and you expect them to sell early for peanuts?  nah brah.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #2103 on: March 9, 2012, 04:44:24 am »
For us,it'll be more like Sinclair,Zaha and McCarthy.Combined 50m.
Not doubting their quality but at some point,the value for money has to come in,and frankly,there is very little of it in England.
Muniain,Soldado and Martinez may cost 70m but they'd win us the league.

lol.  Tesco offering buy 2 get 1 free this week?  Can't see those 3 selling for less than 90m.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2104 on: March 9, 2012, 05:16:11 am »
lol.  Tesco offering buy 2 get 1 free this week?  Can't see those 3 selling for less than 90m.
Well,Whatever.No point discussing their price when we arent getting those/willing to spend that much.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2105 on: March 9, 2012, 06:42:33 am »
Not a chance mate. If he goes anywhere it will be Italy then Madrid. Not allowed to go direct, apparently. Ask his Basque buddy Xabi.
Xabi and Sociedad adheres to the Basque philosophy as much as you do. If we hadn't had a gentleman's agreement with Madrid over the sale of that Judas Welsh rat, then Xabi would have gone to the Bernabeu in summer 2004.

€35m on Bilbao's table last summer and Llorente would have been Liverpool's no.9. Deny it as impossible all you want if it makes you feel better about our Geordie Plan B.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: March 9, 2012, 06:47:00 am »
Are there any gems on FM12 that are relatively unknown? I'm managing Torino atm, so something realistic please.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Suarez7Carroll9

• Main Stander
  • Has Carroll in his username, but hates him really.
« Reply #2107 on: March 9, 2012, 07:46:26 am »
Bilbao were good but Man Utd were abysmal. Tbf, their tactics were spot on and executed perfectly. To say that Bilbao are better than us... Theres only one way to find out... FIGHT!

But seriously, if we had put 40m euros on their table for Llorente last Jan we would have got him. I fully believe that Kenny chose Carroll over Llorente. Maybe Llorente isnt worth that much but he is worth that fee more than Carroll.

Sell Carroll, Maxi, Aurelio, Aquilani, Cole

Buy Giroud, Texeira, Hoilett, Lavezzi, Martinez

Offline iheartsuarez

• Main Stander
« Reply #2108 on: March 9, 2012, 08:00:13 am »
If we have to go english then fine
wilshere, johnson,

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #2109 on: March 9, 2012, 08:01:03 am »

But seriously, if we had put 40m euros on their table for Llorente last Jan we would have got him. I fully believe that Kenny chose Carroll over Llorente. Maybe Llorente isnt worth that much but he is worth that fee more than Carroll.

All the reports after last January seemed to indicate that we approached Bilbao about Llorente before moving for Carroll, but were rebuffed.

'Representatives from Liverpool arrived in Bilbao and had talks with the leadership of our club. But obviously the club did not want to sell me, so to talk about this any longer makes no sense'.

It was widely reported we had a £30m bid rejected.

Offline iheartsuarez

• Main Stander
« Reply #2110 on: March 9, 2012, 08:03:29 am »
podolski is going to arsenal for only 11 m why didn't we try? absolute steal  :butt

Offline aurelian

• Kopite
« Reply #2111 on: March 9, 2012, 08:03:35 am »
Should be noted that the Llorente interest was from the part of January with Hodgson.  No evidence whatsoever that Kenny was ever interested in Llorente.

Offline aurelian

• Kopite
« Reply #2112 on: March 9, 2012, 08:04:20 am »
podolski is going to arsenal for only 11 m why didn't we try?

Because Carroll will become good next year.

Or if not that year, the year after that.

or if not that year, the---

well, you get the idea.

::)

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2113 on: March 9, 2012, 08:04:39 am »
Who do we think will be sold? Kuyt, Carroll and maxi would be my guess.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline iheartsuarez

• Main Stander
« Reply #2114 on: March 9, 2012, 08:08:27 am »

well, you get the idea.

i have come to stage where I think he has no ability

Offline iheartsuarez

• Main Stander
« Reply #2115 on: March 9, 2012, 08:09:07 am »
Who do we think will be sold? Kuyt, Carroll and maxi would be my guess.
how much could we get for carroll?

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #2116 on: March 9, 2012, 08:09:41 am »
Should be noted that the Llorente interest was from the part of January with Hodgson.  No evidence whatsoever that Kenny was ever interested in Llorente.

Hodgson only managed is for 7 days in January and it is well know tha we went for Llorente and Gomez before we went to Carroll.

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #2117 on: March 9, 2012, 08:10:06 am »

The papers started reporting our interest in Llorente later in the month, Hodgson was sacked on the 8th. So it's clear that the meeting that Llorente refers to is post Hodgson. But of course he would have already been a potential target because it's Comolli who is in charge of our transfer policy.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2012, 08:12:38 am by Lo Pan »

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #2118 on: March 9, 2012, 08:10:13 am »

well, you get the idea.

LOL how original!

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2119 on: March 9, 2012, 08:11:38 am »
how much could we get for carroll?
10m??? I personally think downing, kuyt, maxi, Aurelio, Jones and cole should all go
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'