Author Topic: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer  (Read 131946 times)

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
Re: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer
« Reply #2040 on: March 8, 2012, 10:38:55 pm »
That's in Euros, so we paid more.

:wave

Oh well.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2041 on: March 8, 2012, 10:39:44 pm »
Muniain, Soldado, Martinez.

Problem solved.

We should go full throttle for young Iker, what a player.

Wouldn't mind Oscar De Marcos as well.

Offline aurelian

• Kopite
« Reply #2042 on: March 8, 2012, 10:40:50 pm »
Sid Lowe ‏ @sidlowe  Reply  Retweeted  Favorite · Open
Gorka €4m. San José €3.5m (bought back). Ander H €8.5m. Martínez €6m. De Marcos €360,000. So, €22.36m unless I've missed someone.

And we paid almost the same amount for one Stewart Downing  :butt :butt :butt

would you be less upset if we got two Stewart Downings?

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2043 on: March 8, 2012, 10:40:55 pm »
Wouldn't mind Oscar De Marcos as well.

Herrera's quality as well.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2044 on: March 8, 2012, 10:41:05 pm »
I think that Enrique is a physically strong defender but could use some competition when it comes to the passing and overall game intelligence in the final third. I think he is alright but considering that way Kenny wants to set up our play, pass and move, his passing and movement off the ball in attack is one dimensional and predictable most of the time. I know what you mean with your comparison and what Liverpool used to be all about in terms of the football played on the pitch and actually was thinking about this when watching the Bilbao game. With a couple of improvements we could be coming close to this in the near future considering the way we played already in a couple of games so far. The physical strength and foundation of the squad is there, now we have to add the technique sparkle ;)

Robinson may come good and for sure is a talented lad but I was refering mainly to next season which I think would be too early for him playing a major role, rotating with Enrique f.e.

Yeah, I was thinking more of our separatist mentality and passionate fans singing all game through, home and away! Sadly, Anfield is a morgue these days by comparison, another reason for the yearning of TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY NIGHT football where the atmosphere still prevails and turns the opposition to jelly. Think I need a fix in the auld arse thread.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #2045 on: March 8, 2012, 10:45:23 pm »
After that I really can't see Bilboa letting Iker Muniain going now for atleast a couple of years. I don't blame them either. Just hopefully means we'll take one of their star 3 a season   :D

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2046 on: March 8, 2012, 10:46:41 pm »
Looking at Bilbao tonight, would the likes of Downing, Adam, and Henderson even make it into their starting eleven? I think not.  :o

Offline AULD-OLDIE

• Anny Roader
  • Quiza-un-dia
« Reply #2047 on: March 8, 2012, 10:53:41 pm »

On a final note... I watched the Bilbao game as well... what a game of football!! It showed the difference between Spanish football and the english league at the moment..What a joy to see how they showed this commercial ManU what a real football club is all about... passion, attacking football and singing fans... that´s football!!

I switched between Bilbao game and Valencia (Soldado). The thing that I cannot comprehend is the difference in fitness levels plus attacking in droves and not 1 or 2 players.
This seems to be a feature of Spanish football (passing skills, able to keep a high tempo for 90 mins).   A "must buy" is Javi Martinez, played tonight alongside a young ex LFC player - Mikel San Jose. He (Martinez) just oozed class; could be the answer to play alongside Lucas.
Truth - 12.09.2012.
Now for JUSTICE !

« Reply #2048 on: March 8, 2012, 10:59:58 pm »
Looking at Bilbao tonight, would the likes of Downing, Adam, and Henderson even make it into their starting eleven? I think not.  :o
I think Henderson would flourish in a team like that

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #2049 on: March 8, 2012, 11:02:10 pm »
I think Henderson would flourish in a team like that

Bang on.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2050 on: March 8, 2012, 11:03:58 pm »
Thank god we kept our Ł50m powder dry after being knocked back by Bilbao over Llorente last January, and persevered going back last summer to buy him.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2051 on: March 8, 2012, 11:04:23 pm »
Henderson would have to get into the team first.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2052 on: March 8, 2012, 11:05:24 pm »
Yeah, I was thinking more of our separatist mentality and passionate fans singing all game through, home and away! Sadly, Anfield is a morgue these days by comparison, another reason for the yearning of TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY NIGHT football where the atmosphere still prevails and turns the opposition to jelly. Think I need a fix in the auld arse thread.

Take it easy mate ;)

LiverpoolFC is still special despite of all the success. And the underdogs on their way up are always the better singers...

« Last Edit: March 8, 2012, 11:15:59 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2053 on: March 8, 2012, 11:08:35 pm »

Interesting. Jones, Fletcher, Young, Giggs, Lampard, Smalling, Gibbs, Ramsay, Parker, Walker, Johnson (A), Barry, Milner, Walcott, Lescott et al would walk in there, no?

Offline maher

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone..
« Reply #2054 on: March 8, 2012, 11:09:52 pm »

i think in the near future At Bilbao will dream about a player like Henderson playing with them.. just wait and see.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #2055 on: March 8, 2012, 11:09:59 pm »
I think Pacheco would flourish in a team like that, but well impressed by De Marcos and Muniain.
The whole team took it to the Mancs, and totally out played them.

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #2056 on: March 8, 2012, 11:11:57 pm »
Martinez was the player we should have got instead of Aquilani. Its was obvious he was going to be good, not this good but good. Rafa seemed to always be close to making a bid according to reports. Its just a bit gutting really when you think what could have been.

The thing is the 3 star players for Bilboa are the 3 postions in which we need to improve.

However, each of them will be atleast 30m euros. Can we even afford one of them, probably. Would he want to come? why would he want to leave that team, its class.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2057 on: March 8, 2012, 11:14:48 pm »
Interesting. Jones, Fletcher, Young, Giggs, Lampard, Smalling, Gibbs, Ramsay, Parker, Walker, Johnson (A), Barry, Milner, Walcott, Lescott et al would walk in there, no?

You making a point that British players are shite?

Offline aurelian

• Kopite
« Reply #2058 on: March 8, 2012, 11:14:54 pm »
i think in the near future At Bilbao will dream about a player like Henderson playing with them.. just wait and see.

:lmao

::)

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #2059 on: March 8, 2012, 11:15:50 pm »
Prices for Munian, Llorente and Martinez probably just went up 5 miillion each after that performance against the Mancs.

Not like we'd have a chance at getting any of them anyway..
Didnt a certain Andy Carroll boss the mancs in his only appearance against them this season?  ???
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2060 on: March 8, 2012, 11:20:11 pm »
Didnt a certain Andy Carroll boss the mancs in his only appearance against them this season?  ???

Nope. Maybe in comparison to his other dire performances this season, but otherwise he was distinctly average.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2061 on: March 8, 2012, 11:20:58 pm »
Thank god we kept our Ł50m powder dry after being knocked back by Bilbao over Llorente last January, and persevered going back last summer to buy him.

You seen the film 'He's just not that into you?'

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #2062 on: March 8, 2012, 11:22:31 pm »
You seen the film 'He's just not that into you?'

he would have moved to us this summer mate. I'd put all my money on it. In jan maybe not because there was talk of madrid etc

Offline THE7KING

• Main Stander
« Reply #2063 on: March 8, 2012, 11:22:39 pm »

Simple answer NO!!!!

Llorente was superb tonight really knows how to play as a target man...totally bossed utd's defence

Offline maher

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone..
« Reply #2064 on: March 8, 2012, 11:22:45 pm »
:lmao

::)

by the way.. three years ago we were laughing the same about Lucas  :wave

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #2065 on: March 8, 2012, 11:24:58 pm »
Henderson would probably be in their team and playing quality football too. The problem we are going for variety, and it just doesn't work IMO. You all need to be on the same wavelength

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2066 on: March 8, 2012, 11:25:27 pm »
It's the bielsa mentality. Relentless pressing, get men in the box around the striker...we actually have the personel to play the system but would require dropping Mr Adam

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #2067 on: March 8, 2012, 11:26:47 pm »
I think after tonight we're all dreaming of a Llorente and Martinez double swoop in the summer, no?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2068 on: March 8, 2012, 11:28:52 pm »
You making a point that British players are shite?

Whatever gave you that idea?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #2069 on: March 8, 2012, 11:29:47 pm »
Nope. Maybe in comparison to his other dire performances this season, but otherwise he was distinctly average.
Ah right, gotcha. How about if his name was Andros Carlos De Nouvau Castille?  ;)
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2070 on: March 8, 2012, 11:29:51 pm »
I really don't understand the criticism levelled at Henderson. Against Arsenal, he and Suarez did some of the best linking play i've seen this season; add a quality striker and I think we might see Henderson in a more advanced position.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2071 on: March 8, 2012, 11:32:22 pm »
Ah right, gotcha. How about if his name was Andros Carlos De Nouvau Castille?  ;)

Then he'd have a boss name.

Still wouldn't be a good player though.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2072 on: March 8, 2012, 11:33:02 pm »
We're dreaming if we think players of this quality will come to us without Champion's League football

Athletic will qualify for at least Europa league, why would they move for the same level of competition?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2073 on: March 8, 2012, 11:35:23 pm »
We're dreaming if we think players of this quality will come to us without Champion's League football

Athletic will qualify for at least Europa league, why would they move for the same level of competition?

For a 50% payrise?
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2074 on: March 8, 2012, 11:36:31 pm »
Sid Lowe ‏ @sidlowe  Reply  Retweeted  Favorite · Open
Gorka €4m. San José €3.5m (bought back). Ander H €8.5m. Martínez €6m. De Marcos €360,000. So, €22.36m unless I've missed someone.

And we paid almost the same amount for one Stewart Downing  :butt :butt :butt

For Christs sale I wish people would give OUR PLAYERS, who wear our shirt, a bit of a break!  No matter what you think of their skills, whether you think they should be playing for us of not, it is not their fault what was paid for them.

Downing, Carroll or whoever were not the ones setting the price and yet it is constantly used as a stick to best them with.

It would be great of we never had to pay over the odds for anyone but that is not going to happen so get over it!
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #2075 on: March 8, 2012, 11:37:58 pm »

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2076 on: March 8, 2012, 11:38:40 pm »
For a 50% payrise?

money isn't everything, these players identify more than most with their club plus I think Athletic would price them too high for us
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2077 on: March 8, 2012, 11:38:44 pm »
by the way.. three years ago we were laughing the same about Lucas  :wave
Speak for yourself.

Suggesting that just because some morons couldn't see how good Lucas could be is a reason why Henderson's rank average performances will herald bigger things is more than a touch lazy.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #2078 on: March 8, 2012, 11:38:54 pm »

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2079 on: March 8, 2012, 11:39:19 pm »