Author Topic: The New Wembley Stadium  (Read 29027 times)

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
Re: The New Wembley Stadium
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2012, 01:38:01 pm »
Can't blame the stadium for any lack of atmosphere - Cardiff fans proved how loud and united you can be.  I just think our fans were a bit flat - always the case when you're playing lower league opposition in a final (pressure that comes with being heavy favourites).

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 01:38:49 pm »
Preferred Cardiff. Surrounding area there is much better too.

Two of the gents toilets around 115 were broken which led to us invading the ladies which they weren't too happy about. Frankfurter in a bun was £5.40 and a warm beer £4.80. Aside from that it was awesome.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 01:39:04 pm »
Made me yearn for Cardiff.  Very efficient money making machine taking peoples love and dreams and converting them into cash, I had a great seat, boss view and yet something was missing, not conducive to atmosphere. the grounds built for corporate shows and the fans are supposed to be spectators not part of it unless prompted by Muzac or Tannoy. Cynical arl get but it leaves me cold. We did are best to make the fans and the football at the centre of it but we were competing with a slick corporate show. Great the Don't buy the Sun posters, pity there was no one from the FA to boo.

This sums it up just right. We were in 525 near the halfway line. Seemed to be a lot of people who weren't regular match goers. Give me Cardiff anytime.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 01:51:52 pm »
This sums it up just right. We were in 525 near the halfway line. Seemed to be a lot of people who weren't regular match goers. Give me Cardiff anytime.

What John Bishop?

;D

Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 01:53:48 pm »
Usual problem of a big 'mega' stadium by the sounds of it, i.e. different parts of the ground singing different songs. But when it all came together it did sound great on the TV over in our little corner of Spain, really loud. So fair play to the travelling Kop (& the Cardiff fans) for making it sound like a proper Cup Final.

Was expecting "We Shall Not Be Moved" when we went 2-1 up, but due to Wembley's size it probably never took hold, if it was sung at all. Would've definately avoided pens if it had!  ;)

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2012, 02:04:03 pm »
The location is a pain in the backside given there is nothing to do in the area, which gives them a captive audience for fleecing with stupidly priced food and drink inside the ground

The one significant thing it has going for it over Cardiff as far as I'm concerned though is the extra capacity, say what you will about everything else but in the end that enabled some people to get qualify for tickets yesterday who wouldn't have made it had this been anywhere else.

On the atmosphere front, we could certainly be loud when we fancied it in the environment, it's just that for long periods we didn't really seem to fancy it, as others have said being heavy favourite and struggling probably didn't help on that front.

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2012, 02:08:15 pm »
I was about 10 rows from the sky in the top tier!! Doesn't seem to have the obstructed views the old one had, and found it quite impressive. Would prefer Cardiff like most others, but if I have to make another 3 visits this year then I'll accept it!!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 02:11:52 pm »
Didn't really like it. The view was very good, it was confy, airy and nice, but not suited to creating an atmosphere. The next row is so far off, you don't feel like part of a crowd. Was in 505, the pitch is tiny from up there, felt like watching it on the telly at times.

We also seemed so quiet. Cardiff sounded much louder than us. Maybe they simply were, buy we never seemed to get much going, apart from the decent (and much needed) YNWA in extra time. Cardiff seemed to have sold tickets more cleverly than us too, getting match-going mates together in the lower end. Might also have to do with the design of the ground, maybe sound travels better from the opposite end than from you own end upwards?

Was a bit miffed that you can't see anything of the cup presentation on this side of the ground, but tickets cost the same as the other side.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline bobapcoed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2012, 02:41:57 pm »
The business of different songs in different parts of the ground was also a feature of the old Wembley and is probably the case for any very large stadium. Never been and unlikely to go (fed up funding the FA/UEFA/FIFA gravy train and then they shit on us), but Cardiff seemed closer to the pitch.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2012, 03:33:51 pm »
The location is a pain in the backside given there is nothing to do in the area, which gives them a captive audience for fleecing with stupidly priced food and drink inside the ground

The one significant thing it has going for it over Cardiff as far as I'm concerned though is the extra capacity, say what you will about everything else but in the end that enabled some people to get qualify for tickets yesterday who wouldn't have made it had this been anywhere else.

On the atmosphere front, we could certainly be loud when we fancied it in the environment, it's just that for long periods we didn't really seem to fancy it, as others have said being heavy favourite and struggling probably didn't help on that front.
When it comes to the FA Cup Final, the extra capacity wont make a shred of difference. The allocation to both sets of fans will be pretty much the same whether it be Cardiff or Wembley, maybe slightly more for Wembley but not much considering it has an extra 15 thousand seats. As the touts at the FA will still give half the stadium away to corporate and sponsors.

As for the atmosphere another thing that seems to go against creating an atmosphere. Is that it's a long day, people have been up early, been drinking early and by half way through the first half the affects are starting to where off and people are fucked. The fella behing me actually fell asleep in the 2nd half.   He was proper gone though.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:38:27 pm by El Ninos Black Eye »
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline steffan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2012, 03:41:25 pm »
Put this before mate. I heard a rumour the Community Shield will be held at the Millennium Stadium in August because of the Olympics, don't know if it's true or not, but wouldn't mind going there one last time.

Obviously I made up being there yesterday and feel very lucky, however the stadium is wide. Hard to explain but if you are sitting direct behind the goal, the two sides of the stadium feel to far away.

Anyways hopefully I can keep moaning about it and we get more trips there soon, as that will prove we are competing for honours again.

I think the Community Shield is going to be played at Villa park, the Millennium Stadium is being used for the Olympic football too.

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 03:43:23 pm »
Superb place.

Fantastic view from Row 8 of the top tier in 525. 

I thought that the atmosphere was a little subdued because we were expected to win against a Championship side.  Although we had all the possession, as is the story of the season, the cutting edge was missing.  Perhaps we were in fear that we were going to lose.  Just my thoughts.

If Johnson had netted in the first minute, would have been a different atmospehere I reckon.

Walking away from the stadium to Wembley Station.....looing back at the sight of the arch, fully lit against the night sky will live with me forever.

;D
Have to agree with most of this.  Toilets were terrible though, what's with the row right on front of the sinks??  People trying to squeeze in to get in for a piss and others trying to wash hands.

Walking up and back down Wembley way was amazing.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 03:45:02 pm »
When it comes to the FA Cup Final, the extra capacity wont make a shred of difference. The allocation to both sets of fans will be pretty much the same whether it be Cardiff or Wembley, maybe slightly more for Wembley but not much considering it has an extra 15 thousand seats. As the touts at the FA will still give half the stadium away to corporate and sponsors.

Certainly the case for the FA Cup, which has always been a shame, but not for the Carling to the same extent

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2012, 03:58:28 pm »
Certainly the case for the FA Cup, which has always been a shame, but not for the Carling to the same extent

You're right, we got 28,987 at Cardiff against Chelsea in 2005.
Long live the King

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2012, 04:08:58 pm »
Not a fan of Wembley. Gettin was ok all the food ran out after 5 mins of half time. I didnt want any anyway but saw a few moaning. View was good but as i was im upper tier you are quite some way away from the action would like to be closer but cant complain.

Annoying this was the stadium PA. Talk about a wopper introducing the teams like it was the SuperBowl. And kindly informing us of the score and what we were doing after the draw yes i fukin know its extra time.

Loved Cardiff you could have a pint and be in the ground within 5 minutes.

Oh well we won ! !
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2012, 04:15:49 pm »
The corner of the stadium around 117 was utter shite most of the time, it seemed like behind the goal and the corner to its right was decent compared to where i was at, the stadium looks fucking huge from the outside but when you get in it looks abit smaller than what you would expect.

I had a few problems with the stewards, went in with a dont buy the sun poster and had to wait like 5 minutes while they discussed if it was allowed in or not and one of the "head stewards" was going on about how he wouldnt allow any of them if it up was up to him and saying how wrong it is, clueless fucking twat but just had to ignore him and move on.

I was also surrounded by jester hat wearing twats with horns and foam fingers(YES PEOPLE DID ACTUALLY BUY THEM).

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2012, 04:21:34 pm »
Would agree with whats been said above about the songs. Hard to keep track when theres a few different ones on the go. May have been easier for Cardiff as they only have a few to choose from ha.

One thing which really annoyed me was the sound system. The program mentioned how both sets of fans where known for there singing and it was the support that made the competition interesting then they drown us out with generic noise. The tension music before the penalties was out of order as well.

What a load of bollocks that was. I was expecting Who Wants to be a Millionaire to start or someone to announce the results of the X-Factor vote.

I agree with most of the comments on here. Soulless and the acoustics were shite. I was up in the Club Wembley level and it was noisy but not at all clear. At the end I was looking down on our end and there were two different versions of 'Dalglish!' going on at the same time, right next to each other.

The announcer was an even bigger wanker than the one at the Emirates which is saying something.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2012, 04:23:18 pm »
I wanted to give the pa announcer a smack. As if we didn't know the score at half time etc...he had an inflated idea of his own importance. Shut the fuck up. Apart from him I thought the stadium was excellent. Great view in the top tier and managed a half time piss without too much delay.the town of wembley though is a shit hole

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2012, 04:31:28 pm »
I was in entrance D block 509.

At your seat the view is outstanding. It's an arena. The pitch looks absolutely huge.

On the concourses lots of space but generally shite. The toilets didn't have urinals so the queues were massive meaning people pissed against the walls. Walking through a lake of piss isn't great.
Not enough bars. Police stopping anyone drinking in the street and issuing fixed penalty (obviously an omen!) notices. Except in the McD's, Currys and Maplin's car park where you could drink freely.
We'll be back twice more this season I'm sure of it so may be better then.
Final thing. There weather was brilliant yesterday.

Echo most of this, the stadium "in the flesh" is actually better than it looks on the Telly. Reminded me a bit of the Millennium except there are a hell of a lot of exec boxes banded round the middle.

Walked to and from the stadium via Olympic way / Wembley way whatever - think if anything kicked off in there it could get really out of hand very quickly. Too many fans of both sides getting herded towards Wembley Park IMO.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2012, 05:39:07 pm »
Walked to and from the stadium via Olympic way / Wembley way whatever - think if anything kicked off in there it could get really out of hand very quickly. Too many fans of both sides getting herded towards Wembley Park IMO.
Found that weird too. They made a big deal of allocating pubs to both sides, but when I walked up (not Wembley way), both sets of fans mixed at the stairs, beer being sold and not a bizzie or steward in sight. Nothing happened, but as for crowd management it was a bit odd.

The PA system and the announcer was incredibly irritating. Got the impression they played music to stop one set of fans drowning out the other.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline markitravis

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2012, 05:41:42 pm »
Glad that I finally got to see what this New Wembley was like. Pretty much agree with what's been posted, especially the ridiculously loud 'atmospheric' music right up to kick off... total atmosphere killer. I also had a negative whopper of a fan behind me, who frankly deserved a punch (and he sounded like manc).

Anyway, great day out and massively glad to be there when we won. I guess you just make the most of your lot on the day.
"The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future life"
    Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

Yer got ya education from The Kop

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2012, 05:45:13 pm »
Found that weird too. They made a big deal of allocating pubs to both sides, but when I walked up (not Wembley way), both sets of fans mixed at the stairs, beer being sold and not a bizzie or steward in sight. Nothing happened, but as for crowd management it was a bit odd.

The PA system and the announcer was incredibly irritating. Got the impression they played music to stop one set of fans drowning out the other.

It did on the way up when we were walking up. Caught us by surprise at the time. Few coppers ran over from the sides after seeing it and the coppers at the top with the dogs outside the ground where a bit on edge.

Offline darcy171

• Kopite
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2012, 06:09:09 pm »
Agree with most of the comments in here. Technically the stadium was very good, but lacks character, which is the case for many new stadiums. I almost felt it was built just as much as a venue for concerts, shows etc than it was for football...which it might have been.

Again I much prefer Cardiff. Also think the atmosphere around Cardiff due to it's location was fantastic and is a big part of it. Much better pre-match atmosphere around there than there was in Wembley way.

Oh and the PA was awful. The stuff he made a big deal out of was terrible and very cringeworthy.

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2012, 06:14:31 pm »
Thought the Atmosphere was quite good to be honest, great views, Toilets packed to bursting and had to wait a while for them.
AMF

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2012, 06:19:40 pm »
This was my first cup final so can't compare it to Cardiff or any other cup final venue but was impressed with the stadium itself. The atmosphere wasn't as good as I was expecting if I'm honest. Think once they scored everyone was a bit deflated but when we scored our goals the celebrations were brilliant.

Had an amazing but exhausting day!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2012, 06:20:02 pm »
Having a few beers before the game across the road from wembley. We were standing outside and a guy went for a dump in a portable loo. His mates, who were steaming, pushed it over onto a bmw car. Bouncers rushed in and lifted the loo off the car. The poor guy eventually got out of the loo with his head cracked open and i think he was actually crying.
It was one of the funniest things ive seen in years  ;D

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2012, 06:23:58 pm »
Okay, to summarise and agree with things above . . . .

Sell Tickets Smarter - We had two in 113 row 11 (ST sales) and three in 114 next to back row (members sale). I understand how they felt they needed to sell first batch and then do the ballot but, as someone above said, it split us up. Do this with the whole end and it's no wonder we coulodn't get an atmosphere going. And the two lads in 113 were complaining about being surrounded by day-trippers and whoppers so christ knows where they all came from.

Atmosphere - Back of 113 and 114 concourse for half an hour starting about 3pm was boss. Sadly we didn't take it into the stands.

Inside - Beer usual shite but easy to get, food poor compared with most grounds, toilets terrible.

Security - What security. When we went through the turnstiles we were amazed that there was no-one actually in the booth. One of our lads says to me that we could have got mates in by just squeezing through with us. Well, four lads stood by us from half-time onwards having got in on forged tickets or bunking-in exactly like that. And cos the lower tier behind the goal stood all match they had no problems. Reminded me of Kop on Euro nights where some rows have double the persons. In fact, the actual security were all kids who genuinely looked like they were on work experience. To summarise, for a modern stadiun it was terrible and if there had been any incident there were no experienced stewards to be seen. Or bizzies for that matter

The Building/Facility - Views all decent. Souless feeling though and built in entirely the wrong place. Amazingly though, because there were five of us to fill a car, we drove down and parked by the ground and getting away was easy. Amazingly easy in fact. Hope the tube and trains were okay cos we were going up past Birmingham by 9.30. Oh, and the arch looks nice in the dark and to be fair it's also easy to see the ground in the distance from a few lmiles away if you're not sure where you're going.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 06:28:52 pm »
The view was great from my spec on 108 but the atmosphere was awful. 

I think cardiff fans made abetter fist of it, sang men of harlech during the match, and we're by far the greatest team, and some other song that i cant remember.  There were periods during the game they were very quiet though, perhaps nervousness kicking in, but i think more due to the stadium itself.

A couple of points about the stadium sucking the atmosphere out of it.

1) wembley official dom telling us what to sing all the way upto the kick off, like pantomine seals.  Then when the game starts there's nothing from either sets of fans.  Same again at the end of the game, telling us what to sing and when.  Rather than singing eee ayyye adioo we won the cup no the tannoy played that kop favourite tonights gonna be a good night.

2) the roofing, unlike cardiff, any noise will filter away rather than bounce round the stadiaum.   

3) all the little blocks of seats means no singular block of people starting songs (unlike cardiff stadium with the big tier behind the goal), just all individual blocks doing there own thing. 

4) There's alot of leg room at wembley, more than at cardiff, perhaps the seating being abit more cramped together, is more condusive to singing. 

Luis suarez, we're not racist, ynwa, campeone and fields of anfield road seemed the sum total of songs collectively sung at wembley during the match, most seemed feeble, disjointed and out of sink with other blocks.

ring of fire after skrtl equalised was alright, looked amazing with half the stadium waving the scarfs, but vocally ynwa was about the best effort we vocally produced before during and after the game.

I got to wembley in 3 hours and got away without hours of waiting bumper to bumper with other cars and coaches which is nice but dont like all the industrial estates, wembley is a souless bowl in the middle of an industrial whole. Much much prefer cardiffs millenium stadium so you can see the banners hanging from cardiff castle, reds by their river, reds in the city centre and the normal pubs.  Prefer the prices, prefer the stadium, prefer the people, prefer the atmoshphere cardiff stadium can produce.

I'm glad we've won at wembley and i hope we make it back there for the semi-final and final of the fa cup, not cause of the stadium though.

Offline Michaelanscombe

• Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 06:31:25 pm »
Thought the Atmosphere was quite good to be honest, great views, Toilets packed to bursting and had to wait a while for them.

I was in 119 3 rows from the front.  Wanted to stand but I'm quite a considerate person and there was an o.d chap in front with his misus asked the people in the front row to sit.  This set the mood for the rest really I had some scandavians behind me the only English they spoke was to tell me not to sit down.  I told them I don't want too but there's kids and oaps that can't see as much as it pained me.  Had a chap in front of me screaming needless abuse at the players then got the hump when he was told shut up.  I have been to wembley for England games and the atmosphere was 100 times better yesterday.  Behind the goal looked superb at times and foar sounded superb.  The bloke next to me just about new the words to ynwa and a few never sung at all.  I like the stadium the room is superb and the views are great but a steep lower tier and club wembley fucked off out of it would be a better design for atmosphere.  Didn't think the Cardiff fans where that great just the usual chants which tend to be easier and louder but ring of fire ynwa and foar sound great from where I was which was level with the penalty spot on the opposite side to the presentation area

Also I'm sure I read somewhere wembley has more toilets than any other building in Europe.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 06:33:59 pm by Michaelanscombe »
Suarez is not a Racist

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 06:34:37 pm »
I think it looks impressive when you first see the stadium walking out of Wembley Park station and you are taken aback when you get in there and see the enormity of it, really is huge. I like Wembley Way too, quite unique with the two ramps for each sets of supporters at the end. Could cause problems that though especially when we ever come to play Man Utd there for example and everyone is mixed together for about a mile and a half after being on the piss for most of the day. Me and my mate were drinking outside Wembley Park and then up Wembley Way right upto the stadium and got no agro off the police for it.

Bit annoying getting there and all. Seems right out the way of Euston station whereas i'm led to believe Cardiff was right there in the city centre and was boss for pubs and pre-match atmosphere.

Inside, the concourse was a bit plain. I was in 503 and had no problems with the toilets there, straight in and out. The stadium itself, like many have already said there's plenty of leg room and it's comfortable with great views but the next row is a bit too far away so you don't get the 'crowd' feeling despite being in a 90,000 capacity stadium. Tannoy was annoying too, music was too loud and drowned out the atmosphere of both sets of supporters and the announcer was a bit of a whopper too.

Atmosphere I thought from both ends was a bit hit and miss. Whether thats to do with the stadiums design i don't know because it was my first time at Wembley. Suppose the club Wembley seats don't help at all.

Overall I liked it, it is impressive especially the structure. Not £1bn impressive though.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2012, 06:34:39 pm »
I shall never understand people who stand there all game and don;t make any effort to sing one single song. And fair play to the lads in 113 getting a few songs going even if many others were not willing to join in.

Offline Sar75

• no common sents
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2012, 06:41:19 pm »
Agree.  We were poor at creating atmosphere compared with cardiff supporters.
I wonder if that's because we were 'in' the noise so couldn't tell how loud we were? I had a mate in the Cardiff end who said the noise we made was immense, he couldn't believe how loud we were.

It was difficult getting the songs coordinated, we were a bit all over the place at times. However, I've never previously heard FOAR so loud as yesterday.
To work hard and have our supporters behind us and believing until the end, you run a little bit more.
Rafa Benitez

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2012, 07:32:34 pm »
couple of thoughts re the Stadium

1) Looked great inside and outside (especially the arch at night) and easy to get in/out - stewards and cops were helpful enough (not like they used to be!)
2) food and drinks were expensive (£8 for a coke, hotdog and chips) - and they'd run out of straws at 3pm - but had no problem with food queues
3) toilets where tiny and they kept closing them - don't know if they kept getting blocked but i'd suggest Wembley needs twice as many - god knows what they were like at half time
4) seats were comfy and plenty of leg room (vs my kop seat)
5) great view where i was sitting (row 18 behind goal) and no hassle from the stewards about sitting down
6) atmosphere was weird - great at times - but flat for most of the game from what i could see - think the sheer size of the stadium works against you as it's difficult to get everyone singing the same song - would defo say cardiff is better - although watched the game on TV today and atmosphere sounded great - perhaps i was more pissed than i thought!!

One thing that ruined the day for me was the speaker system - far too loud and drowned out the fans at times - my ears are still ringing today from the pre-match din

Overall a top class venue but still prefer Cardiff (not sure why) as its far from perfect itself

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:43:46 pm by reddazforever »
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2012, 07:40:59 pm »
Agree.  We were poor at creating atmosphere compared with cardiff supporters.

Because cardiff sang songs with only a few words so even all the whoppers can join in, most of our fans don't even know the words to YNWA or just choose not to join in, fucking sad really when you think about it.

So many fucking wanker hat wearing twats with foam fingers yesterday for my liking
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:43:21 pm by David H »

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2012, 07:44:58 pm »

So many fucking wanker hat wearing twats with foam fingers yesterday for my liking

Including some of our players at the end  :butt
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2012, 07:49:45 pm »
i think that was why they tried to "tell us" what to sing/when as some areas were singing dalglish, dalglish when our area was singing liverpool, liverpool at times... was a bit weird but funny in a way, was like a sing off, credit toc ardiff fans they made a good racket as well!!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2012, 07:59:55 pm »
Much preferred Cardiff myself
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2012, 08:02:12 pm »
I was singing my head off and a disappointed that many reds werent singing in 119 - Loads of knobheads barging into queues for the bogs too - no need   
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2012, 08:04:40 pm »
As many have said, the stadium seems to somehow suck the noise out at times.

I was in the Cardiff end with my folks and I couldn't hear a lot from the LFC end at times. I could clearly make out "we're not racist, we only hate mancs" and the Suarez song a couple of times, and YNWA was as loud as ever (I took a video before the kick off which I'll try and upload, if anyone wants). The Cardiff end seemed much louder but that's obviously because I was in it - watching back the game on the BBC today the noise levels seemed fairly even.

The stadium itself is alright, I've been 3 times now with Cardiff and the view I've had has been very good each time. I prefer the Millennium though, it's smaller and feels more intimate as a result, I think.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2012, 08:30:02 pm »
I swear at half time, extra time etc the tannoy where trying to get you back to your seat when your going for a piss :D. It got some abuse in the small bogs I was in.