Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 887897 times)

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #5360 on: September 24, 2019, 06:51:19 pm »
Liverpool have left club ‘paralysed’ – Can’t get out of ‘state of shock’ following Anfield mauling
By Sport Witness Team - 23rd September 2019

Liverpool, you’re to blame.

With the Catalan media wheeling out all kind of reasoning for Barcelona’s poor start to the season (they’re eighth after five matches), Jurgen Klopp’s men are popping up more often than not.

Catalan newspaper La Vanguardia today goes with a headline reading: ‘Barça remains paralysed four months after Liverpool’

It’s then explained Ernesto Valverde’s side haven’t recovered from that night at Anfield four months ago, when Liverpool turned the Champions League tie on its head and sent Barcelona out of the competition.

The club ‘remains in a state of shock’ since the 4-0 defeat, described as one of the ‘cruelest’ in Barca’s history. They’re ‘unable to move forward’ and there’s ‘no reliable signs of recovery’.

Following the club’s latest away defeat, to Granada, it’s even stated that perhaps the easiest remedy would have been to sack Valverde immediately after the match at Anfield.

Such is the weight being given to Liverpool in all of this, La Vanguardia actually has two articles on it today.

The second has a headline reading: ‘Every day is Liverpool’

The Barcelona team are ‘trapped in Anfield’, and every time they have to travel for an away game the whole trauma returns and holds them back.

Liverpool, you’ve broken Barcelona.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5361 on: September 24, 2019, 06:54:58 pm »
Wow, that's insane.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #5362 on: September 24, 2019, 09:15:18 pm »
Just wow!

It reminds you that sport is played in the head first, body second.

Can't wait for their next visit to Anfield.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5363 on: September 24, 2019, 09:23:10 pm »
Messi off injured again.  They're season is about to be a write-off before it even starts even if they finish out the win today.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5364 on: September 24, 2019, 09:25:26 pm »
Messi was the only reason they had a chance against us last year, they're a mess.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5365 on: September 24, 2019, 09:32:36 pm »
Liverpool have left club ‘paralysed’ – Can’t get out of ‘state of shock’ following Anfield mauling
By Sport Witness Team - 23rd September 2019

Liverpool, you’re to blame.

With the Catalan media wheeling out all kind of reasoning for Barcelona’s poor start to the season (they’re eighth after five matches), Jurgen Klopp’s men are popping up more often than not.

Catalan newspaper La Vanguardia today goes with a headline reading: ‘Barça remains paralysed four months after Liverpool’

It’s then explained Ernesto Valverde’s side haven’t recovered from that night at Anfield four months ago, when Liverpool turned the Champions League tie on its head and sent Barcelona out of the competition.

The club ‘remains in a state of shock’ since the 4-0 defeat, described as one of the ‘cruelest’ in Barca’s history. They’re ‘unable to move forward’ and there’s ‘no reliable signs of recovery’.

Following the club’s latest away defeat, to Granada, it’s even stated that perhaps the easiest remedy would have been to sack Valverde immediately after the match at Anfield.

Such is the weight being given to Liverpool in all of this, La Vanguardia actually has two articles on it today.

The second has a headline reading: ‘Every day is Liverpool’

The Barcelona team are ‘trapped in Anfield’, and every time they have to travel for an away game the whole trauma returns and holds them back.

Liverpool, you’ve broken Barcelona.

Jurgen YNWA

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5366 on: September 24, 2019, 09:47:19 pm »
Messi was the only reason they had a chance against us last year, they're a mess.

A mess without Messi? ;D

It's crazy to look at it in those terms but it's probably correct: Barcelona are the most expensive one man team in history - and they didn't even buy that one man.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5367 on: September 24, 2019, 09:55:27 pm »
One of my Catalan friend's now only likes Basketball...
was this after Spain won the World Cup the other day?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5368 on: September 25, 2019, 12:38:44 pm »
Messi injured again.

Rushing him back and now expecting another lay off with a thigh injury.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #5369 on: September 25, 2019, 01:07:06 pm »
Ffs. He is taking what he something that everyone knows is horrible, and comparing it to something not as horrible to make a point.

As someone pointed out, it’s similar to the English equivalent of comparing stuff to Hitler, like parking inspectors, despite the fact Hitler killed 6-8 million more Jews than parking inspectors
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5370 on: September 26, 2019, 12:55:46 pm »
They've been fined €300, yes that's not a typo, €300 for tapping up Greizmann, that'll show them!

https://www.marca.com/futbol/barcelona/2019/09/26/5d8c9d91268e3ed35c8b4579.html

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5371 on: September 26, 2019, 12:57:19 pm »
They are such a funny club. Professional inferiority complex, despite constant favouritism shown to them

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5372 on: September 26, 2019, 01:00:33 pm »
They've been fined €300, yes that's not a typo, €300 for tapping up Greizmann, that'll show them!

It's that low due to the regulations which state that financial penalties have to be quite small - https://en.as.com/en/2019/09/26/football/1569497564_489398.html. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that it's what the regulations say.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5373 on: September 26, 2019, 01:49:38 pm »
They are such a funny club. Professional inferiority complex, despite constant favouritism shown to them

hmm... one for the City thread too!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5374 on: September 26, 2019, 01:56:27 pm »
Funny to see Coutinho doing well at Bayern, seems like he's pretty much hit the ground running there while Barca continue to be a bit of a mess.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5375 on: September 26, 2019, 01:59:51 pm »
It's that low due to the regulations which state that financial penalties have to be quite small - https://en.as.com/en/2019/09/26/football/1569497564_489398.html. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that it's what the regulations say.
So basically there's nothing to deter them doing the same in a few seasons with Joao Felix?, or Saul Niguez?, that's totally wrong, if ever a rule needed brought up to modern times it's this.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5376 on: September 26, 2019, 02:42:17 pm »
hmm... one for the City thread too!

A bit. But people don't generally love them in the same way they do Barca. Even if only as a 'second team' or something, or loving 'their way'

So basically there's nothing to deter them doing the same in a few seasons with Joao Felix?, or Saul Niguez?, that's totally wrong, if ever a rule needed brought up to modern times it's this.

I dunno, I'm sure that fine will have them thinking twice next time they consider 'doing a barca'
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 02:44:38 pm by Classycara »

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #5377 on: September 26, 2019, 03:26:13 pm »

It will cost them another EUR 80m though, the money going to Atletico.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5378 on: September 26, 2019, 04:44:44 pm »
Will they pay that 300 euros in installments or one time lump sum? I guess there is a discount if it's one time payment?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5379 on: September 26, 2019, 04:47:42 pm »
Will they pay that 300 euros in installments or one time lump sum? I guess there is a discount if it's one time payment?

They're trying to find an agreement to loan it out to Everton

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5380 on: September 26, 2019, 04:48:16 pm »
I'd have thought Barcelona would've learnt their lesson about tapping up, because they nearly always turn out shit.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5381 on: September 26, 2019, 04:51:20 pm »
I'd have thought Barcelona would've learnt their lesson about tapping up, because they nearly always turn out shit.

Dmytro Chygrynskiy - €35mil (in 2009!)

Tore it up. One in a long line of amazing signings for Pep

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5382 on: September 26, 2019, 04:51:33 pm »
We should try to squeeze more out of them too  ;D

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5383 on: September 26, 2019, 04:53:09 pm »
Funny to see Coutinho doing well at Bayern, seems like he's pretty much hit the ground running there while Barca continue to be a bit of a mess.

He didn't forget how to play.  He was just sent into an impossible situation based on the squad and managers tactics.  Kimmich, Tolisso, and Coutinho seems like a pretty potent midfield and will be interesting to see how they do in going forward.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5384 on: September 26, 2019, 05:10:08 pm »

Arsenal would have had that paid off in full by 2319, £1 a year. Revolutionary.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #5385 on: September 27, 2019, 12:13:29 pm »
was this after Spain won the World Cup the other day?

Nope, more the Barcelona team only.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5386 on: September 27, 2019, 12:55:35 pm »
The more I read about Catalan independence, the more I realize it is down to just pure greed and the false sense that since they are rich, they shouldn't pay taxes to Spain.

I'd maybe read up a little bit about King Franco and what he did to those living in Catalonia before coming to those conclusions.  Much of what is happening today is directly related to what happened in the past. 

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5387 on: September 27, 2019, 12:58:12 pm »
I'd maybe read up a little bit about King Franco and what he did to those living in Catalonia before coming to those conclusions.  Much of what is happening today is directly related to what happened in the past. 

not sure there’s much to read on king Franco ;)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5388 on: September 27, 2019, 01:41:14 pm »
not sure there’s much to read on king Franco ;)
:D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5389 on: September 27, 2019, 01:51:36 pm »
But to actually answer that point, there's been some great posts correcting the misinformed assumption that Barcelona FC were hard done by under Franco on RAWK, often citing Sid Lowe's book. Here's a couple from a quick search.

Excerpts From: Lowe, Sid. “Fear and Loathing in La Liga.”

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #5390 on: September 27, 2019, 04:35:09 pm »
One of my Catalan friend's now only likes Basketball...

That is a top team though.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #5391 on: October 3, 2019, 07:29:28 am »
Suarez is back.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #5392 on: October 3, 2019, 11:49:37 pm »
Suarez is back.

Thank god that beards off

Started to Look like Charles Manson
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5393 on: October 4, 2019, 12:29:29 am »

Surely that huge sum will come down on appeal?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #5394 on: October 4, 2019, 12:49:45 pm »
Suarez is probably the best centre forward (Number 9) in Europe. Lewandowski and Aguero are close seconds.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5395 on: October 4, 2019, 04:35:21 pm »
Suarez is probably the best centre forward (Number 9) in Europe. Lewandowski and Aguero are close seconds.

Did you just wake up after a two year nap or something?

Why? because he scored in two straight games?  Before that he was getting booed by Barca fans.

Lewandowski has 14 goals in 10 games this season. Aguero has 8 goals in 6 games. Suarez was basically a 1 in 2 striker last season. Which is not bad but no where on the same level as the other two anymore.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5396 on: October 4, 2019, 04:45:01 pm »
Since 2013, he hasn't scored under 25 goals.

2012/2013 - 30
2013/2014 - 31
2014/2015 - 25
2015/2016 - 59
2016/2017 - 37
2017/2018 - 31
2018/2019 - 25

His all around play has gone down but prior to this season he's still scored consistently.

Lewa

2011/2012 - 30
2012/2013 - 36
2013/2014 - 28
2014/2015 - 25
2015/2016 - 42
2016/2017 - 43
2017/2018 - 41
2018/2019 - 40

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5397 on: October 4, 2019, 07:16:54 pm »
Pub leagues though, let's compare the real metric.

42nd minute passes

Kane 1
Suarez 0
Lewa 0
Messi 0
Maradona 0
Pele 0
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5398 on: October 4, 2019, 07:18:52 pm »
Nah, overreaction imo. He hasn't been that good last 2 years. Good goals against Inter though.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5399 on: October 4, 2019, 07:24:29 pm »

He is clearly on decline though. I would argue that scoring a goal every two games like he did last season isn't really that impressive considering he is being supplied by the best creative player in the world. He is also very patchy with his goal scoring. He can score 10 in a month and then go on long barren spells.

Lewandowski is just getting better and better. IMO he is comfortably the best in the world. His hold up play is worse now compared to his Dortmund days, but his finishing and movement is the best in the world.

Aguero is consistent as ever.