Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Spurs: Half time.....  (Read 203613 times)

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Spurs February 6th at 20:00
« Reply #920 on: February 5, 2012, 06:03:53 pm »
Can't wait for this tomorrow night now, it will be buzzing in Anfield! Basically if we win tomorrow then everything is in our hands to get fourth place.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #921 on: February 5, 2012, 06:04:22 pm »
They may be playing well, but they are Spurs, not Barcelona.

I think it will end in a draw but I do think that if we play well we can twat them.

Only change I would make from the Wolves win would be to bring in Suarez and Gerrard for Kuyt and Adam and stick with the 4-3-3. But seeing as Suarez is mainly an out and out forward for us, maybe play him ahead of Carroll, keep Kuyt on the right. Naturally I would bring in Downing (which I think will happen) but Kuyt is doing ok in the last two games.

I imagine you having quite a posh accent and I chuckled at thought of you saying that.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline swampy

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: February 5, 2012, 06:05:31 pm »
Another chance to get two points back on Chelsea thanks Howard I should never be allowed to ref in the pl as I get paid by bacon face Webb. But spurs will be up for closing on united so hopefully a cracking game
By the way just incase anyone was in any doubt about the biased commentating on espns soccernet site. This is the live in game update from united Chelsea with no editing please see 2nd last word
"84'
Fantastic from United! A length of the pitch move, Rooney's shot is blocked but Giggs collects and crosses for Hernandez, who is free four yards out. A powerful header brings us level!"

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: February 5, 2012, 06:17:54 pm »
Spurs is probably the team I feel the least confident against, but we really have to take the chance tomorrow and win this game.

I know many games are labeled as 'must win', but this will be the game to see if we have what it takes.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #924 on: February 5, 2012, 06:18:45 pm »
A big game just got even bigger.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: February 5, 2012, 06:18:55 pm »
The door has been left open for us.  Time we kicked it wide open.  If we aren't up for this, we never will be.  We can do this!

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
  • Being a reds fan is like match day, everyday.
« Reply #926 on: February 5, 2012, 06:29:56 pm »
hopefully gerrard suarez and carroll stay fit and no suspension till end of the season. this team will beat anything in their way. theres pace grit and tenacity.

Reina
Johnson.        Skrtel.  Agger.        Enrique.

Henderson Spearing
                        Gerrard.
Suarez.                                      Bellamy.
                         Carroll.
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #927 on: February 5, 2012, 06:32:18 pm »
Bring it on, let's have a go at them. Need a win, come on reds.
YNWA

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #928 on: February 5, 2012, 06:43:01 pm »
I think players like Grant Holt have had better seasons. If we dont make it in the Champions League this year a lot will be down to Carroll. If we had a £35m striker banging in the goals we would have made the CL with the defence we have no question.

we do have a £35m striker  ;D

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #929 on: February 5, 2012, 06:43:54 pm »
Bring it on, let's have a go at them. Need a win, come on refs.
now we're talking. ;)
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Dreams-and-Songs

• Main Stander
  • The Originals.
« Reply #930 on: February 5, 2012, 06:44:28 pm »
Seriously who do they think they are with posts like this...Just a squad of mercenaries, there is no love for the club and as soon has Redknapp leaves (or goes to jail) then the rest of them will be off. Just reminds me of that spell he had at Portsmouth to be honest.

Anyway if anyone hasn't read that post on their forum i suggest you do. We should build up this match and this hatred as much as possible, so we can fucking destroy them at Anfield the bunch of Southern Fairies.
They say our days are numbered, we're not famous anymore....

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: February 5, 2012, 07:18:52 pm »
hopefully gerrard suarez and carroll stay fit and no suspension till end of the season. this team will beat anything in their way. theres pace grit and tenacity.

Reina
Johnson.        Skrtel.  Agger.        Enrique.

Spearing
           Henderson     Gerrard
Suarez.                                    Bellamy.
                         Carroll.

Spot on this team... will just play Henderson a bit more further up then Spearing... 
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline SamiSamiHyypia

• Kopite
  • Justice For The 96
    • The Homes Of Football
« Reply #932 on: February 5, 2012, 07:26:04 pm »
That forum is hilarious. The fella who opened that thread has written an essay about why he hates us and it basically comes down to the fact that we're proud of our history and consider ourselves to be a big team.

They're ridiculously small time.
I can confirm that on this subject at least, there is an almost cultish obsession, which I find quite unnerving.
Cult Of Lucas - Proud Member

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #933 on: February 5, 2012, 07:32:03 pm »
would have loved this to be a flag day....let them have a taste of it

Think they've already experienced one haven't they, I'm sure it was a Spurs match a couple of seasons ago when all the flags were out in force on Anfield Road waiting for the team coach?

"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: February 5, 2012, 07:41:53 pm »
It's about time we gave them a spanking. 4-1.

Will never happen mind ;)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #935 on: February 5, 2012, 07:45:55 pm »
Spot on this team... will just play Henderson a bit more further up then Spearing... 

I'd possibly start Dirk ahead of Suarez, other then that, thats the team and formation i'd like to see.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: February 5, 2012, 07:51:18 pm »
I'd possibly start Dirk ahead of Suarez, other then that, thats the team and formation i'd like to see.

I can see the merit of having dirk in the starting line up... Just feel Suarez might be more of a threat... And with these I feel the more we attack and play in their half the better our chances... And while Suarez might be lacking some match fitness I just think he'll be well up for it...
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Brandon@Flowers

• is a Mormon (with a lapsed m)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #937 on: February 5, 2012, 07:55:35 pm »
You guys are so dumb. You have started a small war between fans and forums. Tomorrow, one side will have a pretty good advantage in case someone wins.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: February 5, 2012, 07:55:58 pm »
What's the odds on Adam getting a yellow card? That's the one thing pretty much nailed on. Kenny should impose some kind of ban on him tackling :P

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #939 on: February 5, 2012, 07:56:03 pm »
That forum is hilarious. The fella who opened that thread has written an essay about why he hates us and it basically comes down to the fact that we're proud of our history and consider ourselves to be a big team.

They're ridiculously small time.

I don't hate spurs fans and I don't dislike Spurs as a club, but this is so true.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: February 5, 2012, 08:01:15 pm »
17 pages?

What a sad set of fucking smalltime c*nts.

What a club they are though, eh? What a club. Three trophies in the last 30 years. Fucking massive massive club they are. We're just a joke nowadays, now that the mighty Spurs have overtaken us and finished above us three times without winning a single thing. They even got to the Champions League quarter finals, you know. The quarter finals!! What. A. Club.

I hope one day we can be as good as they are, as big, as mighty. I hope one day players from all over the world talk about us like they do them. I hope we can one day win three trophies in 30 years of existence, and that our name is in the 'They played good football once' history books (those things DO exist, right?). Why the hell are we winning 22 trophies in the last 30 years of OUR existence when everyone knows that a big juggernaut of a club wins three alone?! Why the fuck do we have to go and embarrass ourselves by trying to win yet another one later this month?! How fucking stupid are we going to look when we've won TWENTY FUCKING THREE trophies compared to their three?

One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again. I was there. I watched them play football, like other clubs played football, but not quite the same because there was a difference in their football, and I was there. I can tell you some stories about the three trophies Spurs won from 1982 onwards. Stories of bravery, how we sacrificed all other trophies during the same period because three was quite enough. Our status as a huge fucking juggernaut of a club was solidified with just those three. Players from all over the continent and the world said "Who?" when they were asked about us, sometimes turning the volume down on their tv just to do so, as they did not wish to be distracted by the sounds of Liverpool winning yet another trophy in late February 2012, taking their total to something astronomical. I can tell you some stories, my lad. Stories of bravery, of daring managers who hid cash from people who actually wanted that cash, stories of monkey looking players who also won absolutely nothing, stories of players leaving the summer afterwards and us suddenly realising we'd not win anything anymore at the same time as not actually winning anything....."

Oh why can't we be more like Spurs?! WHY?!! It's so unfair. I want to win nothing too!!! WHY CAN'T WE JUST PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE SPURS AND WIN NOTHING!!! IT MATTERS SO FUCKING MUCH!!!

What a club. What. A. Club.

I was going to sit here and write something out about how sad Spurs fans are, but this pretty much sums it up.

Spurs are a medium-sized club whose fans think the club is bigger than it is.  Who cares?  Leeds, Newcastle, even Villa ... the list of clubs with fans like that is a long one.  Reading that post on their forum just made me think of Keegan's famous whinge "I will love it if we beat them!"  That's how it comes across, just sort of sad.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline Zürren

• Main Stander
« Reply #941 on: February 5, 2012, 08:03:52 pm »
Is there any chance of the game being called off due to weather conditions ?
At the end of a storm...

Offline B.Red

• Kopite
  • Pray to God but row away from the rocks!
« Reply #942 on: February 5, 2012, 08:11:28 pm »
A big game just got even bigger.

Did it really change at all though? I think it just got closer. If Chelsea had won we'd be saying it was a massive game tomorrow to stay in it. Say it again I think it literally just got a bit closer!

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: February 5, 2012, 08:13:53 pm »
Can't stand Spurs fans. This is what people outside North London (or the home counties) don't understand. They are horrible, jumed up, above-their-station, twats. I've said it many times, Arsenal fans you can have a conversation with; they're a club rich in history, run the right way, with a good manager that plays good football. Tottenham on the other hand....

If you think they developed this superiority complex recently, you're mistaken. Spurs fans have been talking like this for years, they're gobby, arrogant, little Englanders. Whether they come bottom of the league or top they will always believe they are better than everyone else. I'm gutted that after all these years they actually have a decent team, it means their delusions of grandeur are almost (almost) accurate.

That original post on their forum is bizarre, and symptomatic of a Tottenham fan. They hate everyone and they think they are better than everyone. If any Tottenham fans are reading this, I have one thing to say:

Just over a year ago Liverpool Football Club was only hours from administration, we had spent the best part of two years regressing because our owners were unwilling and unable to back our manager financially, they sacked him and brought in a man who was so far out of his depth at Liverpool that for the first time in decades we were flirting with relegation. We lost some of our most talented players, the best manager we'd had in two decades, and our fans almost tore each other apart fighting to rid the club of those owners. Since then we have seen a wholesale change in management, player personnel and the boardroom. We have admittedly struggled in places this season. We aren't challenging for the league and we probably won't challenge for the league for a while yet, but despite all of that we are only four points off fourth place, in the final of the league cup (which, coincidentally, is the only trophy you've won in the past twenty years) and through to the fifth round of the FA Cup. By our standards this is hardly a champagne season, but considering where we were only a matter of months ago, I think this is yet more proof that Liverpool Football Club is a club reared on success, spirit and courage. Our fans have seen things you'll never see, and whilst you might have a better team at the moment, you will never have a better club.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: February 5, 2012, 08:21:15 pm »
Just re read a load of that thread, the football talk I'm not even arsed about, that's banter, the bit labelling Liverpool stupid, and "dippers" but trying to come across friendly is what pisses me right off.

Behind a key board everyone thinks they can say what they want, in real life it's a completely different story.

Don't read it then. And those who are accusing their lot of being "small time" whilst visiting their forum to stoke the fire .. take a look in the mirror.

I couldn't give a flying fuck, neither should you

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #945 on: February 5, 2012, 08:24:22 pm »
I really really want to smash them to pieces.

Lets be honest they schooled us at WHL earlier this season so I want us to show we are not that far behind them.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline hallli#9

• Anny Roader
  • Drainage, Eli, you boy.
« Reply #946 on: February 5, 2012, 08:49:09 pm »
Just over a year ago Liverpool Football Club was only hours from administration, we had spent the best part of two years regressing because our owners were unwilling and unable to back our manager financially, they sacked him and brought in a man who was so far out of his depth at Liverpool that for the first time in decades we were flirting with relegation. We lost some of our most talented players, the best manager we'd had in two decades, and our fans almost tore each other apart fighting to rid the club of those owners. Since then we have seen a wholesale change in management, player personnel and the boardroom. We have admittedly struggled in places this season. We aren't challenging for the league and we probably won't challenge for the league for a while yet, but despite all of that we are only four points off fourth place, in the final of the league cup (which, coincidentally, is the only trophy you've won in the past twenty years) and through to the fifth round of the FA Cup. By our standards this is hardly a champagne season, but considering where we were only a matter of months ago, I think this is yet more proof that Liverpool Football Club is a club reared on success, spirit and courage. Our fans have seen things you'll never see, and whilst you might have a better team at the moment, you will never have a better club.

Gerraaaaaard... IT'SGONEIN

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #947 on: February 5, 2012, 08:53:11 pm »
Tough game tomorrow. We should be fired up for this after our defeat at the lane. 2-1 fancy Suarez to come off the bench and get his moped revved up!!!
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Red Sox

• Main Stander
  • welcome to the heighway .........
« Reply #948 on: February 5, 2012, 08:56:34 pm »
pay back time.

Offline dobbadobbs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice..
« Reply #949 on: February 5, 2012, 09:07:27 pm »
Expecting us to come out like a freight train and smash these softies to pieces, starting with a Spearo smash on Bale in minute one.

Fired up for this as much, if not more than the United and City games. These no marks may have the better team at the minute, but by no means are they a bigger club than us like I'm lead to believe from the 'Stylish Spurs' fans fuck off.

Suarez to come on and lead King and Kaboul a merry dance.

3-1 Liverpool.

'Rome wasn't built in a day...but milan was destroyed in 7 minutes'

Xbox Live - Dobbadobbs

Betfair referral code, no catch...£20 each for both of us FWHVCRTRF <----enter this on registering...

Offline AntonisCyprus

• Legacy Fan
  • Cyprus Branch
« Reply #950 on: February 5, 2012, 09:07:40 pm »
game is massive tomorrow, we need the 3 points. nothing less fuck tottenham you dont become a great team from one day to another
The Cyprus BRANCH RED Fans

Offline Jersey

• Kopite
  • Belgian Red
« Reply #951 on: February 5, 2012, 09:08:42 pm »
How's the weather in Liverpool?

Can't wait for this one, let's grab those 3 points.
No retreat baby, no surrender

Offline Red Scouse

• Anny Roader
  • Stop making sense.
« Reply #952 on: February 5, 2012, 09:33:54 pm »
Much milder now, bit of rain.

I can see Kenny starting with one up front and five at the back or in midfield reverting to 442 later in the game.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: February 5, 2012, 09:34:55 pm »
Excited and dreading this already.  Gotta long drive over to the ground after work.

Honestly have no clue as to the side we'll put out.  A part of me wants to see Suarez and Carroll up front together, but worried that this could leave us wide open in midfield.

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: February 5, 2012, 09:40:27 pm »
They're sitting on a backbone of two players who in all likelihood can and/or will leave them within the next few seasons (Bale & Modric),
along with another two players who are way too injury prone/out of shape to sustain their careers much longer (King & VDV).
Their bubble of success will pop soon enough, whether it be Harry leaving, two of the three below them bullying them out or as said the loss of any of the two above.

I have no hate or dislike to Spurs, I find it refreshing to see them seriously contending for some legit. honors, it as of right now is a six (seven if you want to include the magpies) team race for those four spots.

As Koplass said the turn around our club has gone through in the past 18 months is really quite remarkable and I truly can only see us going upwards and onwards from here.

The only thing that baffles me is their mindset to think that there is some divine right to talk the load of bollocks about us, it is astounding...
Especially on their forum when they're going on about us bringing up history all the time, yet their OP is whining about how nobody recognizes theirs.

I really hope we do them a good one tomorrow, they'll look like right whoppers.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #955 on: February 5, 2012, 09:46:05 pm »
can see us beating spuds 3-1

carroll
suarez
gerrard

bale

seriously not worried about this game

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #956 on: February 5, 2012, 09:46:54 pm »
I don't think we should be scared of them, respectful yes but not scared. We are Liverpool and we are at Anfield. The Kop will be in magnificent voice with Luis being back and if we approach the game in a positive way and great result is a definite possibility.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline B.Red

• Kopite
  • Pray to God but row away from the rocks!
« Reply #957 on: February 5, 2012, 09:48:35 pm »
Excited and dreading this already.  Gotta long drive over to the ground after work.

Honestly have no clue as to the side we'll put out.  A part of me wants to see Suarez and Carroll up front together, but worried that this could leave us wide open in midfield.

Same but I think testing Suarez out with Carroll at this juncture is too risky. I think at the moment we've got a variety of partnerships that work: Suarez/Bellamy, Carroll/Bellamy, Carroll/Kuyt/Bellamy, Suarez/Bellamy/Kuyt. That's plenty to choose from but leaves us exposed if Bellamy isn't fit. Downing hasn't done anything to warrant a start for me. Good substitute to have.

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: February 5, 2012, 09:50:56 pm »
Tough games this. We haven't beaten them in a while now. Our performance against them at home last year was poor.

Expect Carroll to start with Suarez on the bench. Gerrard Henderson and Spearing in the middle.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #959 on: February 5, 2012, 09:51:03 pm »
Anyone reckon Suarez will be on the bench?