Author Topic: And the eyes of The World are watching.  (Read 10144 times)

Offline SuperSub77

• Kopite
  • Scals aren't what they used to be
    • terrace ultra
Re: And the eyes of The World are watching.
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 03:26:51 pm »
So, he's hoping that we behave as we (in general) always have done.

Even without the racism debacle, Evra would have got stick because he's a fuckin little shit. They will all get dogs abuse because they are Man United, nothing more.

Guaranteed though that there will some reports of racist abuse, the media will dig and dig until they find something. I also think that they are devious enough to give some knobheads a back-hander to make some racist noise and therefore give them a story.

Oh, and if they start calling Andy Carroll a girl then I will complain about sexist chants. (Not)
"I was a teenage armchair Honved fan"

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 03:34:40 pm »
Who gives a flying fuck what the scum bag dead schoolgirl phone hacking papers think?

I honestly couldnt give a fuck, whatever happens on saturday the papers will find something negative and go full out on it

Offline SuperSub77

• Kopite
  • Scals aren't what they used to be
    • terrace ultra
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2012, 03:35:17 pm »
If you boo every man utd player then they can't state we're racist. So when they introduce the Manu Utd team boo eachname called.

That's good.

When there goalie comes down to the kop end don't clap boo him.

That's not good. It's been the tradition at Anfield for as long as I can remember, it's one of the things that sets us apart, no matter who it is. I know that this statement kinda goes against the above, but that's the way it is - applaud them then give them dogs abuse during the game.

Can anyone ever remember a keeper ever being booed as they approach the Kop end? Only if we applaud them and they ignore us I suppose? I'm trying to think of a keeper where there's bad history and been immediately booed.
"I was a teenage armchair Honved fan"

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 03:42:03 pm »
Evra deserves to be booed for 90 minutes, couldn't give a shit if the press and United fans try to imply that its racism(which of course they will). Nobody will be booing Evra because of his skin colour, people will be booing him because hes a sly moaning lying c*nt.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2012, 03:44:55 pm »
Will Suarez be back for this? Or is it the match at Old Trafford that I'm thinking off?

Won't be back for the cup game. Will be back for the league game at theirs.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2012, 03:46:34 pm »
Nobody will be booing Evra because of his skin colour, people will be booing him because hes a sly moaning lying c*nt.

People will interpret it as a victim of racial abuse being booed - the flaws of the process and the reality won't come into it. Thats the way people will view it, whether we like it or not.

Seeing as he will face the hostility of the crowd, that is the way it is going to be seen, so there's no point in worrying about what cannot be changed - the headlines are written already.

That's why I'm virtually past caring. Ever since the verdict was made, we've been in a no win situation. So, the time is right to just close ranks around the club and Kenny, and support our team.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A stranger in a strange land.
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2012, 03:56:10 pm »

Can anyone ever remember a keeper ever being booed as they approach the Kop end? Only if we applaud them and they ignore us I suppose? I'm trying to think of a keeper where there's bad history and been immediately booed.
Les sealey?

Offline **** The Pain Away.

• the cat who went all Yusuf Islam
  • Kopite
  • "We are the real people's club."
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2012, 03:57:08 pm »
Give them hell. The lot of them.
Meh...

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2012, 04:00:22 pm »
People will interpret it as a victim of racial abuse being booed - the flaws of the process and the reality won't come into it. Thats the way people will view it, whether we like it or not.

Seeing as he will face the hostility of the crowd, that is the way it is going to be seen, so there's no point in worrying about what cannot be changed - the headlines are written already.

That's why I'm virtually past caring. Ever since the verdict was made, we've been in a no win situation. So, the time is right to just close ranks around the club and Kenny, and support our team.

Well said, the media will make any boo for anything into what they like, and in the unlikely event they don't it's not like they will ever sing the praises of our club, fans and city.
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2012, 04:00:36 pm »
Just shout "Liar" every time he touches the ball; hard to misinterpret that.

Nothing but "Liar, Liar, Liar!"

Cause....well... he's a liar! :-)
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2012, 04:14:24 pm »
That's good.

That's not good. It's been the tradition at Anfield for as long as I can remember, it's one of the things that sets us apart, no matter who it is. I know that this statement kinda goes against the above, but that's the way it is - applaud them then give them dogs abuse during the game.

Gordon Banks? (Before the mutual love-in.)

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 04:18:02 pm »
Just shout "Liar" every time he touches the ball; hard to misinterpret that.

Nothing but "Liar, Liar, Liar!"

Cause....well... he's a liar! :-)

Would be the smart way to go about it. Can't be misinterpreted.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2012, 04:21:03 pm »
Evra deserves to be booed for 90 minutes, couldn't give a shit if the press and United fans try to imply that its racism(which of course they will). Nobody will be booing Evra because of his skin colour, people will be booing him because hes a sly moaning lying c*nt.

Exactly, who gives a fuck what people think? I'm going to boo the fuck out of the lying twat.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2012, 04:22:21 pm »

Gordon Banks? (Before the mutual love-in.)
What did Banks get booed for? And when did we start applauding away keepers?
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2012, 04:35:18 pm »
Im not sure why the 'Manchester' Echo didnt just say it as they believe it to be.............

"The media would like you (liverpool FC and its fans/city) to kindly accept that your racists and your players are, regardless of the truth cos thats what we the media have decided, and therefore would appreciate it if you'd tow that particular line to fit in with our lies and  propaganda, and not boo mr Evra.

Thank you. 

P.S. of course when the utd fans give Suarez dogs abuse at old trafford in a few weeks, we'll gladly not report that.."

Suarez is not a racist and Evra is a liar, a fact i will be reminding him about, i will not be told by the media how i should behave to support their lies and the FA's kangaroo court.
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2012, 04:40:03 pm »

It's went on forever.

Schmeichel used to get booed.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2012, 04:41:12 pm »
Not a match-goer... on the basis of a few thousand miles... so I might be talking a bit out of turn here.

But I fear that not booing the sly bastard would be as dangerous as booing him.
The media will write/say/turn this into anything they want... no matter what the truth is, and no matter what evidence might be there in plain view. We've already seen that.
It probably wouldn't even help if he was clapped, cheered or totally ignored... they'll just turn it into whatever fits. Even should every single Manc out there get the same treatment, some would probably say it's just to mask the supporters true intentions.

The reason I see not booing as dangerous, is that, in my mind, it would mean they've achieved what they wanted. They would basicly have dictated how the crowd should act on a matchday such as this, and that is giving them far too much power. They told us to sit pretty. Can't really think of a better reason not to.
The way I see it, as long as it's kept within the limits of the law and somewhat in the vicinity of common decency, give the fucker hell. We only answer to the King, our fellow supporters, and our conscience.
Fuck the rest of them. Bargepole style.

Yes, I'm still bloody livid about what they did to Luis. And it all started with this little prick.

/rant

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2012, 04:43:31 pm »
the argument about weather or not to boo him is irrelevent. he is going to get booed to fuck , and the media will twist it like crazy. nothing we can do, and to be honest ill be booin him too. fuck him, hes a prick. nothing to do with racism. france national team knows it, chelsea staff know it and fucking hell even half the united fans know it.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2012, 04:46:10 pm »
Liar chant is the answer.
Nothing racist about it.
Simply the truth.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2012, 04:47:59 pm »
Should boo the fuck out of every other manc player and blow 'raspberries' at Evra every time he touches the ball.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline El Torres gol

• Anny Roader
  • Rest In Peace The 96 YNWA
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2012, 04:54:41 pm »
One lying bastard, there's only one lying bastard. One lying bastard........there's only one lying bastard
Get ready to hear this very very very much
AND RIGHTLY SO
Brucie, Brucie what's the score?......................Brucie, what's the score?

Offline bobapcoed

• Main Stander
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2012, 05:08:48 pm »
I said before that first Chelsea semi (2005), if you're quiet you shouldn't be there. We'll get slagged off whatever we do, so give them everything you've got. INVOKE THE GHOSTS!

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2012, 05:09:17 pm »
Why boo Evra?  Why not simply chant that he's an effing lying shitehouse?  If the emphasis is on the lying then it makes it more difficult for the press to turn it into racism.  Even better, concentrate on chants saying Suarez is not racist, Evra and Fergie are liers?  Really make our point obvious.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline bobapcoed

• Main Stander
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2012, 05:12:14 pm »
Not a match-goer... on the basis of a few thousand miles... so I might be talking a bit out of turn here.

But I fear that not booing the sly bastard would be as dangerous as booing him.
The media will write/say/turn this into anything they want... no matter what the truth is, and no matter what evidence might be there in plain view. We've already seen that.
It probably wouldn't even help if he was clapped, cheered or totally ignored... they'll just turn it into whatever fits. Even should every single Manc out there get the same treatment, some would probably say it's just to mask the supporters true intentions.

The reason I see not booing as dangerous, is that, in my mind, it would mean they've achieved what they wanted. They would basicly have dictated how the crowd should act on a matchday such as this, and that is giving them far too much power. They told us to sit pretty. Can't really think of a better reason not to.
The way I see it, as long as it's kept within the limits of the law and somewhat in the vicinity of common decency, give the fucker hell. We only answer to the King, our fellow supporters, and our conscience.
Fuck the rest of them. Bargepole style.

Yes, I'm still bloody livid about what they did to Luis. And it all started with this little prick.

/rant
Spot on.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2012, 05:44:22 pm »
Hes gonna get booed, i dont give a shit. He will get booed for being a prick and not because hes black. Obviously the press will stir it to give the impression that the booing had a racist element, afterall they are their to endlessly regurgitate old news to the gullible pricks. A request though, please dont come on here post match to tell me what some cretin has written in the gutter press or how much shit talksport are spouting.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:51:19 pm by Zawk »

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2012, 05:50:42 pm »
Why boo Evra?  Why not simply chant that he's an effing lying shitehouse?  If the emphasis is on the lying then it makes it more difficult for the press to turn it into racism.  Even better, concentrate on chants saying Suarez is not racist, Evra and Mr Alex Ferguson are liers?  Really make our point obvious.

totally agree

booing will be changed into whatever the scum press want

the simple chant of "Liar" says what we believe happened and nothing more

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2012, 05:53:03 pm »
The press have already made up their minds & written their articles about this match.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Rafaroy

• Main Stander
  • RED4EVER YNWA
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2012, 05:57:24 pm »
Lets just forget about the Mancs and forget what old whisky nose has to say. And as for the the scum the tabloids, may they rot in hell. But lets remember why we are on this site, we are on it because we support the best fucxxg football club in the world. Enough said.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2012, 05:59:47 pm »
The press have already made up their minds & written their articles about this match.

Very true.

There will be a minority who let us down, which is what the press want.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2012, 06:16:23 pm »
Is there not a game tonight - or have we got our minds on something else?

Id rather be talking about how much support we are going to give our team tonight

If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2012, 06:22:28 pm »
Is there not a game tonight - or have we got our minds on something else?

Id rather be talking about how much support we are going to give our team tonight

Yet your only post today is in..............this thread.  ::)

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2012, 06:31:26 pm »
Been going to the match for close on 50 years. Never heard Banks get booed and we have applauded the opposition keeper for as long as I've been going. Off to the Arkles now for few pints and then the game. Come on you Reds!

Offline daveguapo77

• Main Stander
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2012, 06:37:05 pm »
ive always booed evra every time ive seen him play. im not gonna stop. ever

Offline Pacman.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2012, 06:42:48 pm »
Why does Evra "clearly deserve" to get booed all game?

What a load of shit.

Listen, maybe the FA are corrupt as fuck, but are people here saying Evra didn't really think he was being racially abused and just made it up?

Why are our fans so short sighted and ignorant.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2012, 06:45:00 pm »
Why does Evra "clearly deserve" to get booed all game?

What a load of shit.

Listen, maybe the FA are corrupt as fuck, but are people here saying Evra didn't really think he was being racially abused and just made it up?

Why are our fans so short sighted and ignorant.

From nigger ten times to negro once and he misunderstood everything although he speaks spanish and has been called negro by his teammates?

Right..
Go fish elsewhere.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2012, 06:46:28 pm »
I think booing Evra, chanting liar or whatever is to be expected, what we need is to stop any racial abuse towards him as that will effect the club and I fear that the owners will feel think our image is damaged and will sell Suarez.
I just think think the minority may cause long term damage.
But yeah be loud
YNWA

Offline Pacman.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2012, 06:48:02 pm »
Let me just say, our fans highlighting and booing Evra, which they will, will just make us look like a gang of fucking idiots. But I don't expect anything else.

I like it when we have a tear up with the mancs and I'm always made up if the game is shrouded in controversy and fighting, I love it when one of our players snaps theirs, even if he gets sent off... as long as we're winning. But the whole Evra thing, thats just a reflection of people's ignorance and that makes me sad really. It's just a shame. We end up looking and sounding like cavemen, beating our chests because someone accused one of ours of racially abusing him.... who gives a shit if he was telling the truth.

Nobody knows what got said and nobody knows what Suarez meant. For the FA to find him guilty based on that, is corrupt. For our fans to boo Evra based on that, is just fucking ignorant.

Offline Pacman.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2012, 06:49:22 pm »
From nigger ten times to negro once and he misunderstood everything although he speaks spanish and has been called negro by his teammates?

Right..
Go fish elsewhere.

And we never changed statements at any point?

If giving an honest opinion is fishing in your eyes, you're one of the cavemen I was talking about. Catching "fish" like you really isn't on my agenda mate. So fuckoff elsewhere.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2012, 07:01:03 pm »
shouting "liar" wouldn't be correct IMO. Here's the thing, Evra said that Suarez told a word "negro" to him and Suarez confirmed that so Evra actually wasn't lying. It's the FA panel who decided that it was racial.

don't shoot the messenger. :P
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Pacman.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2012, 07:03:43 pm »
That's it man, I genuinely think Evra thought Suarez racially abused him. I don't doubt it at all.

One of the worst things about all of this is rather than concentrating on the FA, our fans have sought to discredit Evra.