Author Topic: And the eyes of The World are watching.  (Read 10155 times)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
And the eyes of The World are watching.
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:50:52 pm »
FOOTBALL fans are being urged to be on their best behaviour ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup clash.

Fans attending Anfield for the fourth round match between Liverpool FC and Manchester United are being asked to “act as ambassadors for their clubs and their cities”.

Merseyside Police’s Chief Superintendent Jon Ward said: “We are expecting a lively atmosphere at Saturday’s match, but our intention is that at the end of the day we will be talking about the game and what happened on the pitch as opposed to off the pitch.

“As always, my officers will be dealing with the fans as they would expect to be treated themselves.

“Our policing style will be firm, fair and friendly, but we will take action where necessary against those individuals who may seek to cause problems or misbehave.”

Mr Ward also said that fans should arrive at the ground as early as possible and supporters without tickets should not attend at all as they would not be allowed entry into the stadium.

He said: “At the last Liverpool v Manchester United game the behaviour of the majority of the fans was very good. We know that this match will be a busy operation and we hope that the fans will continue to act as ambassadors for their clubs and their cities and enjoy what I am sure will be a good game.”

Mr Ward also said that offensive behaviour would not be tolerated.

He said: “If it’s brought to our attention any inappropriate remarks and behaviour will be acted upon.

“We take all forms offensive behaviour seriously and we will always thoroughly investigate such claims.”

Those sentiments were echoed by Man Utd manager Alex Ferguson who appealed for calm in a letter to supporters.

He pleaded for “positive, witty and loud” support as his side attempts to reach the last 16.

He wrote: “FA Cup ties are tense affairs at the best of times. Add in the fact that Manchester United against Liverpool is the biggest game around and it becomes even more so.”

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/01/25/football-fans-are-urged-to-behave-ahead-of-fa-cup-fourth-round-clash-between-liverpool-fc-and-manchester-united-at-anfield-100252-30193680/#ixzz1kTDdnjFL

THE eyes of the football world will be on Anfield from 12.45pm this Saturday, when Liverpool FC host Manchester United in the FA Cup – a fixture which is never for the faint-hearted.

But this match is different. There will be something at stake which is much bigger and more important than a place in the fifth-round draw – the good names of Liverpool Football Club and the city of Liverpool, itself.

Make no mistake, there are many people in this country – those who rejoice in putting the boot into our city at any and every perceived opportunity – who will currently be rubbing their hands with glee.

They will be relishing the prospect of Saturday’s game – not because two world-famous clubs may serve up a hugely-entertaining encounter, but because they hope it will lead to days and days of damaging headlines.

They will be expecting a festival of hate and a field day for racists – and be dreadfully disappointed if the match isn’t swamped by controversy and ill will.

But the true Liverpool supporters have a brilliant chance to shine on Saturday – a chance to show they are winners off the pitch while roaring their heroes to victory on it.

And in taking this opportunity, they will be able to silence all those Liverpool haters who will be longing for the club and the city to be given another good kicking.

Some fans may believe they can see bait wherever they look – on the pitch and in the Anfield Road End.

But it must be ignored.

When the draw was made, commentators immediately recalled the headline-making events that took place at Anfield on Saturday October 15 – when Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra clashed – and Friday January 6, which led to Liverpool FC apologising after Oldham Athletic defender Tom Adeyemi was allegedly racially abused by a fan on the Kop.

When Saturday comes, Patrice Evra will be back on the Anfield pitch. But so what? He won’t be playing for Liverpool, so who cares?

What all Reds fans inside Anfield should care about is that no hot-headed individual, whose mouth is bigger than his brain, feels the need to serve up the kind of abuse that could drag his or her club through the mire.

Inquiries into the Tom Adeyemi incident are ongoing following the arrest and bailing of a 20-year-old man from Aintree – and a proud and decent football club and a proud and decent city has no stomach for a similar round of disturbing and distressing post-match headlines.

The Merseyside police officers who will be on duty this Saturday, together with the Liverpool stewards, could have been forgiven for putting their heads in their hands when this game was pulled out of the hat.

But Liverpool supporters can help themselves, help their club and help their city by doing their bit to ensure they have a quiet, incident-free afternoon.

Let’s make it an easy day for the police, stewards and Liverpool Football Club – and a difficult one for any isolated idiots who thrive on social disharmony, hate and bigotry, as well as those who would happily see our city wiped off the map.

Let’s make it a day of passion – not poison. Let’s make it a day when Liverpool FC is helped, not hampered, by its 12th man.

Too often in life the actions of a single, sad and pathetic person can ruin things for the majority – but there can be no place at Anfield for such a warped individual on Saturday.

There will, of course, be an incredible intensity on and off the pitch, but there is no reason why the energy can’t be positive rather than negative.

Football is enormously powerful. It can make irrational fools out of the most sane and sensible of supporters – and, at its worst, has the capacity to even transform right-minded liberals into blind bigots.

How many of us can say we don’t feel truly ashamed about some of the things we have shouted, or felt, during a match?

Football, whether we like it or not, is a tribal sport. But tribalism can be a force for good – as long as a club’s fanatical followers channel all their energies into supporting their team, rather than concentrating on opposition players or fans.

The only players who should be of any concern to Liverpool’s fans on Saturday will be the ones wearing red.

Down the years – from the days of Bill Shankly and Ron Yeats through to Kenny Dalglish and Steven Gerrard – Liverpool managers and players have heaped praise on the Anfield army for playing its part in securing hard-fought victories.

Meanwhile, countless rival managers and players have found it impossible not to succumb and be suffocated by the often-overwhelming Anfield experience.

There is no reason why this shouldn’t be the case again this weekend.

Positivity must overcome negativity. There must be no distractions or diversions – no unpleasant and unnecessary sideshows capable of demeaning and degrading a great club and a great city.

Let’s not give our detractors the result they are craving. Liverpool Football Club can be winners on the pitch – and, more importantly, its fans can be winners off it.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/01/25/liverpool-fc-v-manchester-utd-let-s-make-it-a-day-of-passion-not-poison-100252-30193434/#ixzz1kTE6DH2W

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few years ago, I started a topic on this site about banter. 
(the search daemon is currently down, so I cannot access it, to quote)

The general gist of which was that when is banter, banter, and when is it obscene chanting.

At that time, it was a reaction to the constant baiting of Liverpool fans by the followers of that club down the M62.  Moreso, it was a poke in the direction of the press core of this nation, and their contsant lack of reporting on the issues.

For decades now, we've all been on the recieving end of the vile and vitriolic bullshit thrown at us by that lot. From the songs about Hillsborough and Heysel, to the fence jestures, and worse.  Yet, the silence has been deafening in the extreme when it comes to the press of this country reporting on it.   You see, it had no mileage.  It wasn't on their agenda to report it, or even comment on it.

This week. Thats all change.

Make no mistake, this week all of the songs, chanting that behaviour, that would be considered vile, outside of a football stadium, will be reported on, and critisized.
But don't expect it to be critical of Man  U.   It's us that will be on the receiving end.

We're the current flavour of the month, to be given a good kicking.  In fact, not just flavour of the month, but of the year.   Certain sections of the press (well most of them if truth be known) have taken great glee in recent months, to 'stick it to us'.  It 's born out of a deeper seated hatred thats burned under the surface for years.

Yet this week, of all weeks, they are going to be on high alert.  Microphones turned up to maximum, at the Kop end, 'just for atmosphere', you understand!

Make no mistake, two wrongs, don't make a right.  In the past, some of us ourselves, have not covered ourselves in any kind of glory, both with our own songs and actions.
We have within our own fan base, a minority of scum. ( And I use that word in it's correct form).   Unfortunately, every fan base has them, and we're no exception.

This week unfortunately, will see them crawl out from under their stones, and give some sort of credence to the twats who want to give us that kicking whilst on the floor.

Lets not give them, the opportunity.

Let the other lot sing what they want. Who gives a shit.  On the other hand, we have to be on our best behaviour.   Lets give Evra shit. Give bacon face shit. Give his entire team shit.  But above all, lets not let the odd fool amongst our midst get any kind of vile or inflamatory chanting going, towards Evra.  Or worse, the Munich song et al.

Because you and I know full well, they will sing about Hillborough and Heysel for a full two hours.   The press will turn a deaf ear to it, and ignore it. As they always do.   Yet the very second that we retaliate with the Munich song, or something even aproaching close to the bone about Evra, the headline writers at the red tops will be setting their type even before the final whistle.

This time out, we need to be cute.   Lets give them shite. Lets give them a dogs life for every second they are inside our stadium, but be mindfull that the world is watching, and nothing, NOTHING, will be lost in translation.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:55:59 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
Re: And the eyes of The World are watching.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:59:13 pm »
The lot of them will get non-stop stick, and rightfully so.

I'll boo Evra because he plays for them and is a sly devious bastard, as will 99% of our support on Saturday, and rightfully do. With the shite they spout, it never surprises me to hear songs about Munich. Not interested in playing happy families with them, or singing Kum Ba Ya in the centre-circle at half-time, even less so whilst the drunk is in charge. Fuck them.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Red Wanderer

• Main Stander
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:59:48 pm »
Like you (OP) say, the press will be on the look out for everything, so we need to be squeaky clean.

I even fear for the coverage that will come when Evra gets booed all game, as he clearly deserves.  I suspect the dark forces of the media will turn our dislike of a lying little toerag into something much, much worse.  Maybe we should cheer his every touch, or something equally ironic instead.  I just think there's a media s**t-storm waiting to happen.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 01:05:52 pm »

I'll boo Evra because he plays for them and is a sly devious bastard, as will 99% of our support on Saturday, and rightfully do. With the shite they spout, it never surprises me to hear songs about Munich. Not interested in playing happy families with them, or singing Kum Ba Ya in the centre-circle at half-time, even less so whilst the drunk is in charge. Fuck them.
Jimbo, I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss.

I hope we give them a dogs life, the entire day.  Including Evra.

I hope Anfield is a partizan, vitriolic, hate filled cauldron.

We just have to be careful in which guise that barracking takes, becaus both you and I know, the fuckers are gonna take the moral high ground, and any ammunition we give them will be returned to us in spades. ( no pun intended   :-X )  With no small help from the press.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:16:01 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 01:17:19 pm »
If everyone is comfortable with their own personal position, why care what anyone says?

I understand the message, but because the press are up in arms about what was essentially a load of shit, we should be careful? They ridicule and criticise us whatever occurs; look at that twat in The Mirror and the incident at the Kop end.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:19:23 pm by It's Jimmy Corkhill »
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 01:19:58 pm »
If the fans boo Evra, which is of course inevitable, SOME will see it as condoning Racism.
Like it or not, that will be the case, and it will be all over the press the day after. Then we'll all get really fucking sick of the negativity
that comes with it and start countless threads in disgust.
I dont agree with it but that will happen.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 01:21:16 pm »
If everyone is comfortable with their own personal position, why care what anyone says?

I bet Suarez was thinking just that when he was charged
JFT 96

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 01:22:05 pm »

I understand the message, but because the press are up in arms about what was essentially a load of shit, we should be careful? They ridicule and criticise us whatever occurs; look at that twat in The Mirror and the incident at the Kop end.
I like the other 44,999 people at Anfield for the Oldham game would agree with you.

It didn't stop the press having a field day with the actions of one person* though, did it, and tarring everyone with the same brush.

*Even yet unsubstantiated allegations.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 01:28:49 pm »
If the fans boo Evra, which is of course inevitable, SOME will see it as condoning Racism.
Like it or not, that will be the case, and it will be all over the press the day after. Then we'll all get really fucking sick of the negativity
Fuck Evra and Fuck the press.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 01:29:47 pm »

All of the above is full of win and the bit in bold is priceless  ;D

Offline TrueNorthRED

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 01:31:26 pm »
I'm hoping that Evra will pick up a 'mystery knock' in training prior to the game so the whole damn business can be avoided. I hate that the media are just chomping at the bit to slag us off. The pro-United media momentum has already begun. Stories of whiskey nse playing the peace maker and urging his supporters to behave. The man's a saint I tell y'a....A SAINT!  :butt
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:33:19 pm by TrueNorthRED »
"He plays as any supporter would if they were born with such demonic talent."

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 01:36:24 pm »

And they'd be wrong, fuck pandering to the clueless c*nts. As Al555 quite rightly pointed out in a previous thread, were united accused of condoning violence when they objected to the severity of Cantonas ban or when the fans chanted his name week in week out? Were they fuck. I've zero respect for the vast majority of British journalists and quite frankly couldn't give give a toss what they think.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 01:37:36 pm »
Evra will get booed. Some people will, for whatever reason, see this as condoning racism. Others will know that it isn't but will claim that it is. It was always going to happen and there's no point trying to call for calm and requesting people think of the wider reaction; Evra will get booed.

Offline Razorblade

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 01:47:25 pm »
Evra will get booed. Some people will, for whatever reason, see this as condoning racism. Others will know that it isn't but will claim that it is. It was always going to happen and there's no point trying to call for calm and requesting people think of the wider reaction; Evra will get booed.

Exactly what will happen.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 01:57:52 pm »

Already heard people questioning why we'd boo Evra. "Oh yeah, he was racially abused so boo him" and words to that effect but that's not the case at all.

He won't be getting booed because he's black or because we're racist. I'll be booing the lying little shithouse because he's a lying little shithouse and he plays for the Mancs, and nothing else. The media are licking their lips over the thought about there being racist taunting and the fact is, no one is making the racism issues the forefront of the game. It's only on our minds because of the media.

Fact is, in every ground around the world there is a minority who feel the need to shout something about someone's ethnicity and they've been highlighted because of this whole thing. It won't ever go away but the media will be quick enough to feed the idiots of the nation who the racist club is because of one individual that they will be actively looking for.

I like the rivalry with the Mancs and I hate them with a passion, but there is nothing in me that will take the rivalry out of context and abuse others or sing and chant about people who died when we stand next to people and know people who have suffered themselves. I wish I could say the same about other people though.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 01:59:51 pm »
I hope we give them a dogs life, the entire day.  Including Evra.

I hope Anfield is a partizan, vitriolic, hate filled cauldron.

We just have to be careful in which guise that barracking takes, becaus both you and I know, the fuckers are gonna take the moral high ground, and any ammunition we give them will be returned to us in spades. ( no pun intended   :-X )  With no small help from the press.
[/quote]

This is correct.

Partizan in the support given but careful that the chants about Evra, that will happen cannot be in any way interpreted as Racist.

We know he is an attention seeking odious lying little c*nt but the wider world believe not.

Offline AMP

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 02:05:02 pm »
If you boo every man utd player then they can't state we're racist. So when they introduce the Manu Utd team boo eachname called. When there goalie comes down to the kop end don't clap boo him.

Offline bunjibloomer

• Anny Roader
  • Carry on down to Jiggytown
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 02:11:19 pm »
Fuck Evra and Fuck the press.

And fuck the mancs! Every one of them!

Whether this whole racist episode had happened or not, this is us against them! Always was and always will be heated. They are hardly going to roll out the red carpets for the league game in ot coming up, be perfectly mannerly, not abuse Gerrard about his daughter, sing those horrible songs about Hilborough etc.... They deserve all they get imho.

I stupidly went onto the stretford end for the 3 nil defeat a few years ago. Only ticket I could get. It was one of the most disgusting experiences I have EVER had in my life. And never again would I be so stupid to do it! They are horrible c*nts, the lot of them. I'm Irish, and there was an aul oirish manc screaming and abusing every one of our players from the first whistle to the last. I'm all for "banter" as you say however it was disgusting some of the stuff being screamed and sang. c*nts. They deserve every ounce of hate that will be dished to them on Saturday IMHO.

I agree I hope it doesn't descend into racist chanting against anyone. That's not right in any walk of life. Not acceptable. However they need to be put back in their box on the pitch and off it on Sat. I hope we give it fucking socks!

We're not racist we only hate mancs!
My Family and The Redmen are my loves.
Max and Lucas, stay happy and be kind, and the World will be your oyster.
YNWA
JFT96
NEVER BUY THE s*n
Where were you in Madrid? ******
Twitter - @bunjibloomer

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 02:16:36 pm »
Do our lads have to shake-hands with that loathsome prick before ko?

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 02:20:08 pm »
If you boo every man utd player then they can't state we're racist. So when they introduce the Manu Utd team boo eachname called. When there goalie comes down to the kop end don't clap boo him.
Selective editing/commentary says they can.

Offline newsox

• Main Stander
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 02:22:52 pm »
Give the world a reminder of those 2nd leg European ties first 15-20 min wall of constant noise you could see the opposition wilt
under the pressure, not one of them wanted the ball.

also think the 'ironic' approach maybe a nice little tactic to use with mr Evra, quids in he'll lose his rag... oooh its gonna be a classic i can feel it!!!!

Offline fizzyp

• Kopite
  • those were the days my friend.
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 02:23:02 pm »
Lets sort city out 1st worry about this after that
The Boss is fucking boss!

Offline bunjibloomer

• Anny Roader
  • Carry on down to Jiggytown
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 02:26:24 pm »
Do our lads have to shake-hands with that loathsome prick before ko?

An Irish legend by the name of Michael Collins once said - Never ignore your enemies. Don't give them the satisfaction.

The players should hug him, ask if he's okay, then kick LUMPS out of him for 90 mins after that  8)
My Family and The Redmen are my loves.
Max and Lucas, stay happy and be kind, and the World will be your oyster.
YNWA
JFT96
NEVER BUY THE s*n
Where were you in Madrid? ******
Twitter - @bunjibloomer

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 02:28:15 pm »
They'll get what they deserve.

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 02:37:20 pm »
Will Suarez be back for this? Or is it the match at Old Trafford that I'm thinking off?
'Nuff said...

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 02:40:06 pm »
Scrap that...

Lets have fun       > : D
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 02:44:12 pm »

Even if nobody says boo to a goose, there are people out there in the media, and in the establishment who have already written their headlines of hate for us.

So I'm almost past caring about the media in this country, to be honest.

We'll support our lads. If anybody says anything out of order they'll be expelled and shown no mercy by the club. The rest of it, we're damned anyway, bar resurrecting Mahatma Gandhi and getting him to mark Evra on the pitch.

Off the pitch, its time to close ranks around the club and around Kenny.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 02:45:53 pm »
there's absolutely no doubt that the press will turn the inevitable boos aimed at Evra into a racial thing.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 02:47:31 pm »
evra is a complete and utter c*nt, never mind his sister.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 02:51:45 pm »
I think Evra will play, but you know it wouldn't suprise me if he didn't and Mr Ferguson comes out with the pity nonsense about him not wanting to play him in case he's victimized and all that bollocks. And if he does play, he'll come out with that bollocks after the match after he gets abuse for the whole match. Therefore it's a win-win situation for them lot which was always going to be the case.

I do worry that a couple of 40,000 might spoil the whole occaison but I'm equally optimistic that we will just rise above it all and give them fuck all to feed on.

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 02:52:16 pm »
Selective editing/commentary says they can.

grow up.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 03:01:01 pm »
Evra will play and he will rightly get booed every touch.
If they win they'll gloss over it but if we are winning Ferguson will have them walk off because of it. I certainly wouldn't put that past that shower.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 03:06:39 pm »
Shouldn't we have an agreement about what we WILL chant / shout at Evra- and then stick to it completely. Anybody who breaks the 'code' can then be dealt with accordingly.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:08:46 pm by Gaz123456 »

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 03:07:12 pm »
Booing Evra wouldn't be because of the Suarez case but just because of he being a massive c*nt.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline markcd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 03:08:27 pm »
Like most things in life, there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. For me, booing Evra is fine and (well) on this side of the line. One or two knobheads will cross the line, and the press will draw attention to that, not the other 40,000 supporting their team.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 03:10:47 pm »
Like most things in life, there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. For me, booing Evra is fine and (well) on this side of the line. One or two knobheads will cross the line, and the press will draw attention to that, not the other 40,000 supporting their team.

This.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 03:12:09 pm »
Booing Evra wouldn't be because of the Suarez case but just because of he being a massive c*nt.

No. It will be because of the Suarez case, and it will be because he is a lying little shithouse.

I am past caring how the gobshite media choose to spin it.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 03:12:50 pm »
grow up.
I was talking about when the highlights clips are chosen, not a big conspiracy plan of ITV dubbing the crowd sound.
Implied context, you know crowd appearing to start singing the Suarez song, zoom in on the tshirt wearing fans.

Not saying it will happen, just that it'd be naive to think Evra being booed Sat can't be spun.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 03:18:32 pm »

Of course it would be, since when was he regularly booed from kickoff before this incident?
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 03:22:07 pm »
Who gives a flying fuck what the scum bag dead schoolgirl phone hacking papers think?
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"