Author Topic: The GAA Thread  (Read 645889 times)

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Re: GAA Thread 2012
« Reply #320 on: April 1, 2012, 12:25:02 pm »
I'm up for it anyway and a few others

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #321 on: April 1, 2012, 01:17:09 pm »
For those of you who don't know how the draft works, here is a synopsis.

- We begin with a fixed number of participants
- We then take it turn to pick players to put in a fantasy team
- The players can be current or past players, the aim is to pick your best possible 15
- Once all participants have completed picking their teams, the teams go head to head in a vote
- The frequenters of this thread do the voting
- The picker of the winning team gets to go on a date with Sarge at Pantibar
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #322 on: April 1, 2012, 03:39:22 pm »
Galway are getting hockied here

Dublin getting battered as well
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #323 on: April 1, 2012, 04:32:41 pm »
Shane Long stealing a march on African players and showing what he's about. Up Tipp.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #324 on: April 1, 2012, 05:30:25 pm »
http://www.rte.ie/sport/results/gaa/allianz-national-football-league/25895/

Div. 1 is going to be interesting on the final day.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Spirit_of_Istanbul

• 100º Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #325 on: April 2, 2012, 09:46:57 am »
Jesus Dublin were shocking at the wkend, thats probably what I get for saying Mayo were shite on Friday.. Big game down in cork now at the wkend for us.

Oisin McConville picked up his 6th Club all Ireland medal, fair play to him, some record. Garycastle lost their chance the 1st day.
"There is no one, anywhere in the world, at any stage, who is any bigger or any better than this football club."

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #326 on: April 2, 2012, 10:47:35 am »
Jesus Dublin were shocking at the wkend, thats probably what I get for saying Mayo were shite on Friday.. Big game down in cork now at the wkend for us.
Dublin do not want to meet them in the championship, like Tyrone know the way to beat Kerry and Cork know how to beat Tyrone, Mayo know how to beat Dublin.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: April 2, 2012, 11:51:22 am »
Dublin do not want to meet them in the championship, like Tyrone know the way to beat Kerry and Cork know how to beat Tyrone, Mayo know how to beat Dublin.

once in the championship a few year back?  85 springs to mind when we took them apart...league dont count as Cork well know

Kerry cant beat Down in the championship never have...never mind Tyrone

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #328 on: April 2, 2012, 12:29:48 pm »
Kerry cant beat Down in the championship never have...never mind Tyrone
Its an interesting quirk I'll give you that

Predictions didi, will the Dubs make it back to back you being the bestest team in the country and all and do you like a flutter? :)

Offline toomanysteves

• Kopite
« Reply #329 on: April 2, 2012, 02:35:25 pm »
All-ireland Club Football Championship Final -

Result

Crossmaglen Rangers 2-18  1-07 Garry Castle.

Normal service is resumed.

A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #330 on: April 2, 2012, 03:32:35 pm »
Mayo boys know how to dish out the shlaps to the Dubs alright, I'll give them that mon

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #331 on: April 2, 2012, 03:50:02 pm »
Anyone notice that Mayo have ditched the hoop?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: April 2, 2012, 08:26:15 pm »

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: April 3, 2012, 02:55:15 am »
Well worth a watch.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1143296

"Every Heart Beats True: The Jim Stynes Story"

Offline Spirit_of_Istanbul

• 100º Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #334 on: April 3, 2012, 11:47:53 am »
Its an interesting quirk I'll give you that

Predictions didi, will the Dubs make it back to back you being the bestest team in the country and all and do you like a flutter? :)

I think if we come across Mayo in the championship it will be a different story. Sure we were destorying them in the game that got abandand earlier in the league.

Tyrone at 9-1 is a great bet, no value in backing Dublin or Kerry unless you are willing to lump on. What way do he semis go this year? Is it Leinster v Connacht?
"There is no one, anywhere in the world, at any stage, who is any bigger or any better than this football club."

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #335 on: April 3, 2012, 11:58:46 am »
Is it Leinster v Connacht?
That is correct, last year was the first time all provincial winners made there way to the semi final.

I think you Dubs are a bit too sure of yourselves although I will say on league evidence you do look to have improved on last year.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #336 on: April 3, 2012, 01:12:00 pm »
Their will be only 1 winner of Sam this year, fact.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #337 on: April 3, 2012, 01:15:50 pm »
Their will be only 1 winner of Sam this year, fact.
Who will that be?

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #338 on: April 3, 2012, 01:20:22 pm »
Who will that be?

No idea but its a fact their will be only 1 winner.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #339 on: April 3, 2012, 01:24:45 pm »
No idea but its a fact their will be only 1 winner.
Fantastic stuff, the torny wire from the fence must be hurting your arse.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #340 on: April 3, 2012, 01:34:38 pm »
Hard to call but it wont be a team from Connaught, Ulster or Munster. It wont be Wexford, Wicklow, Carlow, Kilkenny, Offaly, Loais, Longford, Kildare, Louth nor will it be Meath.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline toomanysteves

• Kopite
« Reply #341 on: April 3, 2012, 01:37:51 pm »
If you can get a copy of todays Irish News have a look at Paddy Heaney's article "can we kick it? Yes we can" about Crossmaglen's old school style of kick and catch football versus the modern game of short hand passing and zonal blanket defence. I hope a few counties take a leaf from Tony McEntee and Gareth O Neill.
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends.

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #342 on: April 3, 2012, 01:43:53 pm »
Hard to call but it wont be a team from Connaught, Ulster or Munster. It wont be Wexford, Wicklow, Carlow, Kilkenny, Offaly, Loais, Longford, Kildare, Louth nor will it be Meath.

Christ. Haven't I suffered enough this year without that happening again.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #343 on: April 3, 2012, 01:46:40 pm »
Christ. Haven't I suffered enough this year without that happening again.

No.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #344 on: April 3, 2012, 01:48:18 pm »
If you can get a copy of todays Irish News have a look at Paddy Heaney's article "can we kick it? Yes we can" about Crossmaglen's old school style of kick and catch football versus the modern game of short hand passing and zonal blanket defence. I hope a few counties take a leaf from Tony McEntee and Gareth O Neill.
No doubt Cross can play attractive Gaelic Football, but they can get low down a dirty as well, you simply have to if you want to stand a chance at winning anything nowadays, I haven't read the article, but it sounds a bit untruthful and biest from your synopsis. They are a class act, but bastions of football purity they are not, no one is. For other county's to play quick kick passing football they need to have the players, very few teams do.

Looks like you haven't given up the politics. Are you so sure of that answer Sarge?
« Last Edit: April 3, 2012, 01:49:58 pm by KERRYKOP »

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #345 on: April 3, 2012, 01:51:02 pm »
Looks like you haven't given up the politics. Are you so sure of that answer Sarge?

Yes.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #346 on: April 3, 2012, 01:55:22 pm »
Yes.
Do you know how hard it is to win All Ireland's back to back and how limited that Dublin team really is? Lets face it they were not the best team in the country last year and neither are they this year, so the chances of lightning striking twice are limited.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2012, 01:57:03 pm by KERRYKOP »

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #347 on: April 3, 2012, 02:00:02 pm »
No.

Question asked, question answered.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #348 on: April 3, 2012, 02:22:20 pm »
Do you know how hard it is to win All Ireland's back to back and how limited that Dublin team really is? Lets face it they were not the best team in the country last year and neither are they this year, so the chances of lightning striking twice are limited.

So you are saying Kerry will win it, i get you.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: April 3, 2012, 02:34:09 pm »

who was the best?

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #350 on: April 3, 2012, 02:38:36 pm »
Cork for Sam & Liam this year, about time we won another dual all Ireland.

;)
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #351 on: April 3, 2012, 03:03:16 pm »
who was the best?
I'm sorry didi, but its us. The Dubs did well to win the All Ireland, but if you do the team match ups there's no comparison, I even think most neutrals would go along with that, look at our forward line.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #352 on: April 3, 2012, 03:04:09 pm »
I'm sorry didi, but its us. The Dubs did well to win the All Ireland, but if you do the team match there's no comparison, I even think most neutrals would go along with that, look at our forward line.

Jesus you Kerry folk.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: April 3, 2012, 03:21:55 pm »
I'm sorry didi, but its us. The Dubs did well to win the All Ireland, but if you do the team match ups there's no comparison, I even think most neutrals would go along with that, look at our forward line.

Cork 74..Dublin 75, Dublin 78...Kerry 82...Meath 91  all teams that deserved An Ireland and never won it....its a cup competition, its all about the day sometimes, thats the beauty of the All Ireland and before the back door was introduced it was littered with teams that should have but diidnt.........but this Dublin team has been knocking on the door a few years and learned a few harsh lessons getting there (Kerry / mayo semis)  look at the final again, a first half we dominated and second half we mentally were better prepared for in the end due to the lessons i mentioned earlier....this year is a bigger test for us as you rightly say back to back wins is almost unheard off these days...but lets give it a go eh and prove we are the best team in the country all over again

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #354 on: April 3, 2012, 03:57:49 pm »
Jesus you Kerry folk.
Come on what do you expect me to say that Dublin are better than Kerry!

Cork 74..Dublin 75, Dublin 78...Kerry 82...Meath 91  all teams that deserved An Ireland and never won it....its a cup competition, its all about the day sometimes, thats the beauty of the All Ireland and before the back door was introduced it was littered with teams that should have but diidnt.........but this Dublin team has been knocking on the door a few years and learned a few harsh lessons getting there (Kerry / mayo semis)  look at the final again, a first half we dominated and second half we mentally were better prepared for in the end due to the lessons i mentioned earlier....this year is a bigger test for us as you rightly say back to back wins is almost unheard off these days...but lets give it a go eh and prove we are the best team in the country all over again
Fair enough, our team has been around a while as well and have done it enough of times, two years has passed its about time we won another ;)

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #355 on: April 5, 2012, 06:02:46 pm »
Tribesmen were dished out some almighty hiding.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: April 5, 2012, 07:47:30 pm »
So any more on this draft?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #357 on: April 5, 2012, 07:51:34 pm »
So any more on this draft?
I think we're all set except for someone to do it, pity.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: April 5, 2012, 07:56:12 pm »

Is that a hint-hint, nudge-nudge?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: April 5, 2012, 07:58:15 pm »
So how would you do this anyway. Make up a list of 20 or so players from each position and pm the list around?
**disclaimer - Not offering to do it or anything** ;D